_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933576 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14655 on: June 07, 2013, 05:14:47 pm »

((Hey! No need to scream. You're the first person to complain, it's only good manners to ask nicely first.
You know, let us know you're dissatisfied before screaming. And change that font to normal. Please.

Also, we're not derailing anything.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: June 07, 2013, 06:12:47 pm »

((How's that? >_> even if you're discussing something related to the game, it's kinda detracting from the point of the thread, which is supposed to be IC, isn't it?))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: June 07, 2013, 08:31:00 pm »

((How's that? >_> even if you're discussing something related to the game, it's kinda detracting from the point of the thread, which is supposed to be IC, isn't it?))
((This thread is half OOC, half IC anyway.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: June 07, 2013, 09:20:39 pm »

((Yeah. Determination at its finest. Besides, Renen is already dead - he can't move fast and can't avoid a second heat wall. I decided to go just for the try.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14659 on: June 07, 2013, 09:25:13 pm »

No reaction... I guess they are either distracted, relocating or reloading
Charles scans the surrounding houses for locations with direct line of sight to where Feyri was but without direct line of sight to the broken window.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: June 07, 2013, 09:47:24 pm »

Butterfly Effect, (Anybody has a better name for this? I hate that term.)

((Sensitive dependence on initial conditions is the technical term.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:06:38 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14661 on: June 07, 2013, 10:12:53 pm »

((This is actually the closest thing to an OOC thread ER has.))

((Huh. I never heard that before.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: June 07, 2013, 10:15:44 pm »

Go ride past the houses and barns while lightning them on fire with the MFM.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: June 07, 2013, 10:50:14 pm »

((If one were to take the Butterfly example, the flap of the wings is a part of the initial conditions; one set of conditions leads to a hurricane while the other set of conditions doesn't. The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale alterations of events.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: June 07, 2013, 10:52:40 pm »

((If one were to take the Butterfly example, the flap of the wings is a part of the initial conditions; one set of conditions leads to a hurricane while the other set of conditions doesn't. The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale alterations of events.))
((I knew that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: June 08, 2013, 05:18:14 am »

((Wait, it's not a reference to A Sound of Thunder? Or was ASoT a reference to it instead? I am be confused.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14666 on: June 08, 2013, 06:24:22 am »

((All this science stuff is confusing.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: June 08, 2013, 06:44:28 am »

((All this science stuff is confusing.))
((Time travel is always confusing.))

((On the topic of time travel: maybe if you go with the idea that the universe/world/history is more static than one would think, it could be workable. like say, if you go back and kill some scientist, what he found would still be discovered/invented, but it would take more time for it to happen. Smaller stuff like that dude fathering no offspring could then be small enough to just roll with it. Likewise, if you leave some advanced tech behind, all it would do is accelerate scientific advancement a few decades, instead of completely changing the world. Of course nuking a continent wouldn't work in this system, but that can be remedied by making the events in the past small-scale enough.

Oh, and something that could work in a game like perplexicon would be to give players small-scale, limited time manipulating powers.
Like, say two people are fighting, one Dude tries to use an offensive spell, the other Dudette wacks him with her sword. If the Dudette then gets great rolls, before the Dude dies he can try to use a 'reverse time' spell, which rewinds the turn by one (maybe some more), but the Dudette has to use the same action, while the other can now use a different one to try and win the battle, like a spell for stone skin or something. Or a 'replay' spell that makes the turn happen again, same actions, but dice are rerolled. Of course, there has to be some way to ensure players can't spam the spell all the time, like a cooldown or heavy recourse cost or something.

By the way, they made an rts that used time travel, Achron I believe. Had some neat ideas.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14668 on: June 08, 2013, 11:04:50 am »

Wait quietly.
The Wait Continues
Hey PW, guess what I'm doing!
well lets see, nothing has changed around me, so I'm not changing what I'm doing.

please notify me if I see Feyri.
You see feyri. She just tumbled down the wall and into the bottom of the wash, bleeding and floppy. Oh dear.

--time warfare---
((I think the only way this could be done is if you had some form of time travel countermeasures. For example, you can have the ability to "lock" certain time periods or places so that they aren't affected by changes in the timeline (in essence a paradox enabling device) and people with time machines cannot enter or exit them through time travel (to disallow things such as having people arrive in the location a planet will be in 1000 years and then travel 1000 years in the future with an antimatter bomb). Or maybe each faction has a place outside the universe that isn't affected by changes in the timeline and that cannot be accessed by the other factions without doing something hard in the universe first. And then there's the problem that unless there's some space magic involved, the energy required for time travel could be used to do almost anything. Then again, logic and causality went out the window the moment time travel was invented, so that's fine. Then you'd need some reason for the factions to fight, either a rebellion or some ideology.

You'll also need some way to resolve paradoxes, so as to disallow paradoxes. Having the time traveling factions exist outside the universe mitigates that problem somewhat, however this all changes if you start taking living things in your time machine. Maybe the universe somehow heals itself and creates closed time loops so as to solve paradoxes, meaning some of the player's actions get thrown out the window.

Anyway, seems like too much trouble to me for an RTD. It would make a good suggestion game though, with a good writer.))

((It would be pretty funny if you got a situation where a country goes to war with its future self for technologies they shouldn't have at this point, citing "what are they gonna do, nuke us?" as the primary motivator.))

"So, Steve, how old are you? Does age have any meaning for you, or will you just keep on existing as long as you are properly cared for?"

"Also, what's the coolest, most wickedly awesome alien race you've seen in your endless road trip through the stars?"

Keep on asking.

>It's impolite to ask a lady their age. And I'm pretty sure I've got a lady in here somewhere.

>I'm not entirely sure what defines Wickedly awesome.

Do the following:
Sure.
in response to the question of:
You wanna run there?
Oh, well in that case.

You sprint into one of the buildings, immediately spring the tripwire strung across the door and proceed to die as the hidden claymore in the corner of the entranceway detonates.

GAME OVER.

Alright...

Let's do this. *pops fingers*

Somewhere onboard the ship, a man comes out of cryostasis. He's not a young man. Or a fit one, really. In fact, he's about as old as dirt. Cecil has wrinkles on top of his wrinkles, and possibly another layer of wrinkles underneath those, and even his eyes are hidden behind a pair of incredibly bushy eyebrows. Disoriented, he shuffles through the ship, trying to discern just where he'd ended up. Wasn't he supposed to be in an office. "Eh... Cm'puter? Where 'm I?"

>A space ship. Specifically an HMRC ship. Otherwise known as a Coffin. Space coffin.

((Yeah. Determination at its finest. Besides, Renen is already dead - he can't move fast and can't avoid a second heat wall. I decided to go just for the try.))

Yeah, you're pretty much dead.

No reaction... I guess they are either distracted, relocating or reloading
Charles scans the surrounding houses for locations with direct line of sight to where Feyri was but without direct line of sight to the broken window.
Well you attempt to do that but you're a bit distracted when the little kid runs into a building and then the building explodes. You fall to the ground, ears ringing, blinded by dust and pulverized drywall.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: June 08, 2013, 11:16:54 am »

"Well, wickedly awesome is when you see something, and the only thing you can come up with is... whoa. As in, something really surprising, impressive and so on. Anything at all, just particular. Preferably something that influenced you personally."

Keep askin'.
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 2101