_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922313 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12795 on: March 04, 2013, 11:49:42 am »

Lars smiled.  "May the light of Steve be ever on you."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: March 04, 2013, 12:31:41 pm »

"Hrmm. I don't think Steve is a god, but hey, whatever floats yer boat."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: March 04, 2013, 01:00:47 pm »

Lars blinked.  "Of course he is.  He can fly through space unaided.  He sees and hears all, and can speak to us from anywhere.  No one disputes his mastery here.  He is obviously a god. QED."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: March 04, 2013, 01:10:08 pm »

((Also, anyone who can smite you with the equivalent of lightning at will may as well qualify. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: March 04, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »

"Well, I was thinking something more like a pill, or tablet I could take so my arms won't shake."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12800 on: March 04, 2013, 01:15:31 pm »

"Wait a moment here. Are you seriously telling me that you believe Steve is a god because he can navigate through space?! (gradually raising his voice) Any spaceship can do that. Any space-fairing vessel has to navigate space as a matter of fact. And using wetware is a standard! Do you understand it, A STANDARD!! And the reason he can see and hear us is because of the microphones, wires, cameras, and everything else he has connected to us. And the only reason no one disputes his authority is because of the spinal implants, and because we are CONVICTS ON A DEATH ROW. EVERY SINGLE HMRC SHIP HAS THAT!!! Please tell me you're joking. Please tell me you do not believe what you just said."

Facepalm.

((Sorry if it looks rough. I do not have the time to polish it right now.))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:48:43 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12801 on: March 04, 2013, 01:34:33 pm »

Flint approached the shouting. "Hey, what's going on here? Are these people bothering you brother Lars? Or did you manage to get more converts?" You can never tell if these crazy people are in trouble or just preaching...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:36:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: March 04, 2013, 02:07:31 pm »

((Therapox, Quotation marks. Makes it easier for the people reading it.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: March 04, 2013, 02:13:34 pm »

(Wow, this got real busy after the forums came back.)

"This is what I meant by immortal."
Mesk steps out of his new suit and rolls up his sleeve.  With a quick slice of his monoatomic razor his arm is on the floor, severed below the elbow.  Almost as quickly it's growing back, and in a very short period of time his arm is whole again.
"Barring some sort of horrific cancer that would kill me painfully, I'll probably live forever.  Anyone bring snacks?"
Pausing to reflect, Mesk picks up his autonomous hand and waves it around.
"This is my own hand.  His name is Manuel."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: March 04, 2013, 02:16:20 pm »

"Huh, thats....a strange program. Silly tv people and their silly ideas." "Put on something about magic" "fine"

Continue watching TV; watch some news, then find show that is magic related.

"I hope I get to go on that mission, being a non-suicide unit convict is bland as hell." "Be quiet, it's starting"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12805 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:54 pm »

Check for the doctor again.

The doctor comes out of the back and walks over to you.

"Very busy. What do you want? Mechanical? Biological? Fighting? Human Can opener?"

((Is the kitchen up and running again?))

sure, why not.

Sitting on the sofa and feeling very strange by resting and also not having his armor on, Milno notices the message Jim sent him and starts to work on an answer.
Quote from: Milno to Jim
Is any of them good at doing medic stuff? I think we will need at least one of those. As for the others, I don't know most of them. I was in a team once with Gorat and he didn't seem like an idiot. I guess that's something.

Then he remembers something. He had to check how much it costed to buy a new magazine for that gun the naked girl had given him.
Quote from: To Armory Master
How much is the ammo for that big gun I was lugging around, by the way? I just remembered I'll take one unit of that gun's magazine plus a standard one for my gauss rifle, if there are enough tokens for that.

Send ammo request to the Armory Master.

Thats the modified rocket rifle right? I'd say...same amount as a normal rocket rifle magazine

An AI that can recognize objects? Thats gonna be outside it's capacity. Maybe 2d objects but moving, 3d is gonna confuse the hell out of it.
((No, an AI like... an optical tracker/targeter. Point at an object on the screen and make a reticule automatically follow it around, using the object's color pattern and outlines, adapting to changes in observation angle by making a heuristic database of shapes of a sort. Just as a start, using only the camera feed as the source. It's intended for turret, drone, and missile programming - the ability to track and follow a target, not optical recognition of any object. Maybe there are premade programs like this, but Anton's locked in a room with a PDA, and DIY is an option, so...))

Repeat previous action.

In case it's still not possible, start writing a simulation program focusing on electrical circuits and related effects (magnetic field, EM waves, etc), for custom circuitboard logic and electrical device building. Ignore mechanical physics for now.
((We may not be able to take Tinker with us, but we sure as heck will try to make up for it. :evilgrin: ))

Ah, thats a bit more realistic . However, keep in mind that if the object it's tracking significantly changes shape, splits apart or something similar then your program is gonna have a bad day.

[aux:4]

You program up a system to track specific objects. It works pretty well, although it occasionally targets the object as well as the floor, considering them one unbroken thing.

"Hey, Steve, since that thing travels around through the whole jump point network, why don't you put a quantum entanglement communicator on it along with some sensors and thus turn it into a probe to explore the galaxy, mapping jump points as it goes?"

Ask Steve.
EDIT: Also, answer Charles' questions via speech roll, because why the hell not.

((Preferably it will sound something like this.))
>We do. AP's are actually how we initially discovered the still unknown physics phenomena that allows jumps possible. One passed near the Sol system and then vanished. We used it's point of disappearance as a testing ground till we figured out the method for doing it ourselves, though only through blind trial and error. Since then AP's have been rather meticulously tracked, both to discover more about the jump points, and to prevent other species from discovering them.

(Not sure the question you're talking about.)

Searchword: iridescent

Feyri remained silent as she waited in silence. Steve did not answer her question at all.

((Insert: Oh wow Nikitian. O_o))

She stood up and began searching the Sword for any locker-room to check if there was anyplace the people had to store personal items.

Afterwards, (and I'm sure I'm in an MKI suit) she moves to the Rec room to take off the tournament poster - seeing as its mostly forgotten anyway - and set up a Duel scenario in the VRs, using her current loadout: Arming sword and that riot shield in her hands against any of the local predatorial species of human size in the nearest planet the Sword is passing by.

>Bravado.

You go find the lockers in the hanger and then, without doing anything with them, go to the rec room and set up a VR duel where you, armed with your sword and shield, fight large rocks from the near by dead planets.

Charles attempts to start conversations with people nearby and get information on what he has gotten himself into.
((Yes, I know that this will be determined via speech roll.))
[speech:1]

"So guys, what can you tell me about this place?"

Everyone whose been on a mission looks at you, stands up, and forms a chorus line.

"♫You may think you've got a chance to live♫"

"♪ That all the stories you've heard are a load of bunk♪"

"♬But let us tell you, little man♬"

"♫You're really quite very fucked!♫"

And then they start doing the can-can, singing.

"♬Fucked Fucked, You're so very Fucked fucked, Oh so very Fucked fucked, it's really quite extraordinary, Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!♬"

Well...that seems a bit much. 

Quote from: Milno to Jim
I was in a team once with Gorat and he didn't seem like an idiot.
((One of the highest praises in the HMRC. ;)))

Return to the wrecked room, watch TV.
Isn't it though?

You head to the rec room and take a seat on the couch to watch good 6 hours of disembodied breast juggling. There's just something so....mesmerizing about it.

quote author=Lenglon link=topic=108083.msg4075981#msg4075981 date=1362404501]
Hi Feyri.

Shit.
I believe I said something? Now I can tell you this: it almost certainly uses our memories.
This one
- Maurice pointed at one of the doors - leads to the place where I've fought to death with another convict. I lost, by the way; fortunately, that fight wasn't fought to perma-death.

That friendly-looking mercenary lady is Feyri, another 'Corpswoman. I ...
Maurice sighed and smiled. cut off her head when her body was badly fried with electricity, and then helped to transport her to the shuttle stasis pods. She should be alive and well now, unless something happened to her on the current mission.

And the door in the middle
- Maurice gulped audibly while keeping smiling - leads to my worst nightmare, as you can imagine. Oh, and a great revelation, but that doesn't change things.
look at Maurice without quite making eye contact throughout this. then nod once when he's done speaking. Look at each of the doors in turn, frown slightly, then look at Maurice again, and inspect what items he visibly has on him. find an item that would be easy for me to carry one-handed (preferably not a weapon), then release my left hand from his and tap it gently twice while turning to make eye contact and tilting my head to the left. if he indicates permission, then pick up the item and carefully inspect it. then attempt to clone it. hand the original item back when done, and then pick up the cloned item in my left hand and toss the cloned item to Feyri.
[/quote]

You're in a void of infinite blackness with nothing but a few doors, a strangely compassionate medic and a sentient fireball. There's not much around here for you to just pick up. Unless you count Maurice, but I think he might have a thing for Simus.

>Make the claws longer more spread out, to lessen the potential of just scooping out a piece of wall when grabbing into it. Make sure that a "Y" shape is achieved. Try climbing up steel, concrete, brick, solid granite walls as well as some drywall. Note results.

>Determine why the exoskeleton does not allow me to run faster.

Well the new claws work fine for concrete, sheet metal steel (Not solid) brick, graphite is too fragile (who uses  solid graphite walls? ) and drywall, assuming there is adequate bracing behind it.

Mostly because it's still your legs that are doing the running. You can only move your legs so fast, even when they're not being forced to do the work of the running. You can run faster, remember, but you're not sonic the hedgehog.

((I think Jobasio's nickname might have to be 'Joe', seeing as we already have a Jack... Then again, confusion is amusion.))

Jobasio cracked his eyelids, grimacing slightly at the harsh white glare of the infirmary. He propped himself up on his elbows again and glanced at his legs, not daring to try moving them just yet lest he impede the healing process.
He cast an eye around for a nurse. "Excuse me, is it safe for me to try and stand, yet? Oh, and... What exactly happened, at the end of the mission? Did Flint survive? I didn't get any other members of the team killed, I hope?"
He grimaced as he spoke the words. He was going to have to try and forget that incident. 

>Wake up, pester infirmary staff.

>Once I'm able to stand/walk/etc, go take stock of my equipment.

I think you're actually in the briefing room....

Yes, Lyra, do you want something? Following Lyra's gaze to an item of his, Maurice replied
Sure, go on. It's not like if I lose something here it would be lost in the real world.
Now, about this situation...
- Maurice lowered his voice slightly - I have no idea what she is talking about and cannot remember her saying that. I'm torn: it might be a very interesting imitation of Feyri, and it certainly appears the least dangerous of all three doors, but I'd like you to check something. Could you reopen one of other two doors? I'm curious whether, opened by you instead of me, they would still lead to the same places and things, or not.

So, how was the last mission?
Talk to 'Feyri' through the open door.

"You're going about it all wrong. The greatest power and curse of mankind. The curse that puts faces in the clouds."

Brother Lars nodded sagely, turning slightly to include Morul in the discussion.  "This book is a compilation put together from many brothers and sisters of the cloth in the past.  Viewing it, you will see the many changes that have been made as new divine mysteries have been revealed to its followers.  Also, the removal of some things man was not meant to know, such as the True Name of the god of Death.  Prying too deep holds peril for the unenlightened mind.  I shall ask for a scan, but some of the deeper secrets may be lost from the original work."

He continued, "I do not question their divine purpose, as far as application of divine marks.  Some supplications are best made via prayer, while others are done via application of mark.  I know these things to be true, because the Most Holy Steve has guided me to the HMRC Pantheon.  He is our divine overlord- why would he steer us wrongly?  One moment..." he said as he reached for his wristpad and began to type out a message.

Message to AM:

Most blessed disciple of Steve,

Could I humbly request a digital copy of the HMRC Pantheon book you loaned me?  I wish to study it on my long trip, but do not want to risk it on such a perilous journey.  I thank you greatly.
That book is the only copy we have. You want a digital copy, you're gonna have to photograph it yourself.

"Huh, thats....a strange program. Silly tv people and their silly ideas." "Put on something about magic" "fine"

Continue watching TV; watch some news, then find show that is magic related.

"I hope I get to go on that mission, being a non-suicide unit convict is bland as hell." "Be quiet, it's starting"

You try to change the channel but the other guy watching snarls at you. Geez.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: March 04, 2013, 02:42:04 pm »

"By the way, everyone with a spare token should consider investing in a CamEye for this one."

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12807 on: March 04, 2013, 02:49:06 pm »

((Piecewise I think I love you.))
"Anything really, I just want to be able to talk and fit through doors and be an unstoppable death machine of course."
The Final Frontier.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12808 on: March 04, 2013, 02:52:08 pm »

"Well, I was thinking something more like a pill, or tablet I could take so my arms won't shake."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12809 on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:14 pm »

"Ooooookay. That was interesting. Hey Steve? What sort of surveying equipment will we have? And dude, chill. Let the Father believe what he wants. It's not hurting you is it?"
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 2101