_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922356 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12780 on: March 04, 2013, 06:50:33 am »

Keep waiting.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12781 on: March 04, 2013, 06:55:54 am »

hope miyamoto spotted my toaster sheet, prepare to make a break for the infirmary and grab the bat helmet once the doors unlock
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12782 on: March 04, 2013, 07:19:21 am »

"Hey, Steve, since that thing travels around through the whole jump point network, why don't you put a quantum entanglement communicator on it along with some sensors and thus turn it into a probe to explore the galaxy, mapping jump points as it goes?"

((Something tells me we don't have quantum entanglements communications. Mostly because, while you can put in meaningful data at one end, you cannot control in what way the quantum wavefunction will collapse on your side, so on the other end, it'll be gibberish.))
((I understand that, however we DO have some form of instantaneous data transmitter, because we have Internet access. Maybe they are just calling it that way in order to hide some sort of manipulator use or whatever or maybe they have simply overcome this problem or maybe a new theory of physics proves that FTL transfer of information is possible via another method. The point is:))
"So far so good I guess. No reports of wyrms coming crashing through fridges yet."
 Gorat then ignores the drama and goes to the computers.
Look if general information on FTL drives and FTL communications is available.
You search through the internet, trying to find good information amongst the uninformed stupidity.
[int:5]
It seems that FTL Communication is possible via the use of "quantum entanglement and controlled waveform collapse resulting the the transmission of binary information." Huh...yeah..makes total sense. Ahem.

The FTL travel is a lot less explained however, relying on a rather odd universal principle which has no current explanation. Simply put, it was discovered that if an object is traveling at a specific, near relativistic speed, and travels through a particular point in space- the article talks a good deal about the competing theories as to why these particular spaces exist where they do, including proximity to gravity wells and some seemingly invented laws of physics- it will cease to be in that point and appear in another point some time later.  And despite a good deal of arguing, there is still no explanation as to how this works or why.

((EDIT: Also, completely unrelated, but I posted my Toaster stats on a previous post if you haven't seen them.))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:00:52 am by Parisbre56 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12783 on: March 04, 2013, 08:34:46 am »

Quote from: Milno to Jim
I was in a team once with Gorat and he didn't seem like an idiot.
((One of the highest praises in the HMRC. ;)))

Return to the wrecked room, watch TV.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12784 on: March 04, 2013, 08:41:41 am »

Hi Feyri.

Shit.
I believe I said something? Now I can tell you this: it almost certainly uses our memories.
This one
- Maurice pointed at one of the doors - leads to the place where I've fought to death with another convict. I lost, by the way; fortunately, that fight wasn't fought to perma-death.

That friendly-looking mercenary lady is Feyri, another 'Corpswoman. I ...
Maurice sighed and smiled. cut off her head when her body was badly fried with electricity, and then helped to transport her to the shuttle stasis pods. She should be alive and well now, unless something happened to her on the current mission.

And the door in the middle
- Maurice gulped audibly while keeping smiling - leads to my worst nightmare, as you can imagine. Oh, and a great revelation, but that doesn't change things.
look at Maurice without quite making eye contact throughout this. then nod once when he's done speaking. Look at each of the doors in turn, frown slightly, then look at Maurice again, and inspect what items he visibly has on him. find an item that would be easy for me to carry one-handed (preferably not a weapon), then release my left hand from his and tap it gently twice while turning to make eye contact and tilting my head to the left. if he indicates permission, then pick up the item and carefully inspect it. then attempt to clone it. hand the original item back when done, and then pick up the cloned item in my left hand and toss the cloned item to Feyri.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:22:55 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12785 on: March 04, 2013, 08:45:33 am »

>Make the claws longer more spread out, to lessen the potential of just scooping out a piece of wall when grabbing into it. Make sure that a "Y" shape is achieved. Try climbing up steel, concrete, brick, solid granite walls as well as some drywall. Note results.

>Determine why the exoskeleton does not allow me to run faster.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12786 on: March 04, 2013, 09:05:26 am »

((Yes, the way Brother Lars describes it fits in the definition of witchcraft you have provided, however a) the HMRC pantheon is more than that.Each god has an element of the world he is rresponsible about, many gods have children, likes and dislikes and reletionships with each other. The symbols are rituals used to gain each deity's favour, which brings us to b)many religions promise certain results will happen if you do certain actions. A priest of Poseidon would tell you to make a sacrifice in order to have a safe sea voyage. A christian would tell you that you would gain eternal life if you repent for your sins. And c) the HMRC pantheon brings people closer and forms bonds 1) because people understand that they share a lot with each other, that they have the same problems and worries. and 2) people feel part of an ancient tradition, since the HMRC  pantheon was worshipped in one form or another by most of the HMRC .))
((I wouldn't say you are wrong, and the HMRCP certainly has potential for that, but I haven't seen much of that reflected in the game. For one, I would like to note that Brother Lars is our main gateway to HMRCP, and the way he presents it reflects much of my perception of it. Whatever it's potential is, I was mostly talking about the way it actually works. I would like to point out that this game is actually very good at showing interpersonal relations, with mostly very good roleplaying. So when you say that it helps people to feel a part of an ancient religion, or understand that they share a lot of problems with each other, I want to actually see it roleplayed before I would buy it. So until it is acually reflected in the game, in intercharacter relationships, it remains a potential, not a reality.

And the 504 Errors yesterday were really bad. Not that anybody handn't noticed that.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12787 on: March 04, 2013, 09:08:53 am »

And the 504 Errors yesterday were really bad. Not that anybody handn't noticed that.))
((if by "really bad" you mean "completely impossible to access the forums for several hours" then yeah, we noticed))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12788 on: March 04, 2013, 09:12:33 am »

((I think Jobasio's nickname might have to be 'Joe', seeing as we already have a Jack... Then again, confusion is amusion.))

Jobasio cracked his eyelids, grimacing slightly at the harsh white glare of the infirmary. He propped himself up on his elbows again and glanced at his legs, not daring to try moving them just yet lest he impede the healing process.
He cast an eye around for a nurse. "Excuse me, is it safe for me to try and stand, yet? Oh, and... What exactly happened, at the end of the mission? Did Flint survive? I didn't get any other members of the team killed, I hope?"
He grimaced as he spoke the words. He was going to have to try and forget that incident. 

>Wake up, pester infirmary staff.

>Once I'm able to stand/walk/etc, go take stock of my equipment.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12789 on: March 04, 2013, 09:18:55 am »

Level Up

Dex + 5
Con + 3

Wait untill briefing begins

((Remember I'll need your Toaster-form if you want to go on the long mission.

@ SC: do you know who will go on your mission yet, besides you, milno and pancaek? Just to make sure nobody on my list is on your team already.

Right now, I have 13 people right now who signed up for the mission, so we need 2 more.
Also, we really need more medics, I believe we only have 1 real medic now (Mesk)))
))

Lukas:  Killer Robot, has defensive laser droids (back), particle cannon (chest), laser (arm), gauss gatling gun (arm), shotgun, sniper rifle (small particle cannon), repeater rifle (I have to check at home what it is specifically, don't have that info here), bullseye mode, incredible strength, but slow and pretty useless in small spaces.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:34:14 pm by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12790 on: March 04, 2013, 10:00:51 am »

Yes, Lyra, do you want something? Following Lyra's gaze to an item of his, Maurice replied
Sure, go on. It's not like if I lose something here it would be lost in the real world.
Now, about this situation...
- Maurice lowered his voice slightly - I have no idea what she is talking about and cannot remember her saying that. I'm torn: it might be a very interesting imitation of Feyri, and it certainly appears the least dangerous of all three doors, but I'd like you to check something. Could you reopen one of other two doors? I'm curious whether, opened by you instead of me, they would still lead to the same places and things, or not.

So, how was the last mission?
Talk to 'Feyri' through the open door.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: March 04, 2013, 10:09:23 am »

Brother Lars nodded sagely, turning slightly to include Morul in the discussion.  "This book is a compilation put together from many brothers and sisters of the cloth in the past.  Viewing it, you will see the many changes that have been made as new divine mysteries have been revealed to its followers.  Also, the removal of some things man was not meant to know, such as the True Name of the god of Death.  Prying too deep holds peril for the unenlightened mind.  I shall ask for a scan, but some of the deeper secrets may be lost from the original work."

He continued, "I do not question their divine purpose, as far as application of divine marks.  Some supplications are best made via prayer, while others are done via application of mark.  I know these things to be true, because the Most Holy Steve has guided me to the HMRC Pantheon.  He is our divine overlord- why would he steer us wrongly?  One moment..." he said as he reached for his wristpad and began to type out a message.

Message to AM:

Most blessed disciple of Steve,

Could I humbly request a digital copy of the HMRC Pantheon book you loaned me?  I wish to study it on my long trip, but do not want to risk it on such a perilous journey.  I thank you greatly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: March 04, 2013, 10:22:30 am »

Yes, Lyra, do you want something? Following Lyra's gaze to an item of his, Maurice replied
Sure, go on. It's not like if I lose something here it would be lost in the real world.
Now, about this situation...
- Maurice lowered his voice slightly - I have no idea what she is talking about and cannot remember her saying that. I'm torn: it might be a very interesting imitation of Feyri, and it certainly appears the least dangerous of all three doors, but I'd like you to check something. Could you reopen one of other two doors? I'm curious whether, opened by you instead of me, they would still lead to the same places and things, or not.

So, how was the last mission?
Talk to 'Feyri' through the open door.

break off my intended procedure after cloning the item and returning the original, then, waiting as long as possible to let go of Maurice's hand, go open the other two doors, starting with the middle one. do not go through them. return to maurice after seeing what is behind them, re-grab his hand with my right hand, and then toss the item to Feyri

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:15 am »

Divine Overlord.... The true name of Death... Many generation revealing the new divine mysteries... This was shaping up to be a most curious thing. It seemed that the whole thing hindged on Steve, whom he did not know to be a god, commanding that man to do things, which lead him to the actual Pantheon. Some part of him wanted to just ask Steve right here and now if he was a god. But knowing some people's sense of humor, there was all reason to expect Steve to say "yes" as a joke. He knew he'd would.

Maybe he could figure out what was that thing with Steve at some later time, after he processed all the information, and adjusting to being in the HMRC. And that father was shaping up to be a much more tolerable figure than he was expecting. No threats of either converting or fiery death, at least.

"You'll get back to me when you get the scan. Thank you for indulging me, father." With that, Vich grew silent once again, and got back to observing others.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: March 04, 2013, 11:38:17 am »

To Lars:"Thank you Chaplin."

To Mesk:"What did you mean by 'immortal'?"
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 2101