_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922699 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11715 on: February 02, 2013, 10:05:08 pm »

select predator, if asked for equipment choose a MKIII suit and my flamethrower loaded with clf3
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11716 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:01 pm »

((Half a soda can is a little thicker than I would've liked. Presumably amps are fairly compact, so is that mostly battery or mostly explosives that gives the thickness? Well, it's more compact than a kiloton charge either way, I guess. :)

And yes, mounting things other than the pods is exactly the purpose there. :D

I'm trying to think of a way to make the design process of the Modular MkIII as easy to comprehend as possible, and not really succeeding. I guess when you have at least four different addon sets for a given core design, that may or may not have interchangeable or intercompatible parts, things tend to get a little confusing. I'll figure it out later, there's still lots of stuff to work on and Anton is quite a ways away from having a MkIII in any case. :P))

Anton sat back in the virtual chair. Despite a few hitches and failures, his designs mostly worked. "Mostly". Ugh, that brought back bad memories. Anton shrugged the bad thoughts off and tried to lose himself in the design process again. Saving and closing all other projects, he focused on what he suspected could be the best immediate addition to the arsenal. He realized that nobody would give it to him for free, and he'd have to pay for and do everything himself to be able to really put it to the test in the field, but personal gain had never been the primary cause behind his inventions. If it could further the war effort, and save a few innocent (or, he thought as he considered the HMRC, "less immediately guilty") lives to offset those his previous "invention" took with itself, then he had all the reward he needed.

Save and close all projects except the Gungnir. Lock and password-protect the incomplete Token and Modular suit projects.

Conduct testing of the bayonet-configuration electrolaser rifle to determine effects of the combined laser and electrical discharge on targets.
Both laser and saber on standard settings, single 5s pulse, medium-short range. ((i.e. about 90m IIRC)) Test against: Human in casual clothing, MkI, MkII, and MkIII suits. Test against supercrete wall and steel bulkhead.
Repeat test with laser set to minimum power, and range reduced to short.
Repeat test with both laser and saber at minimal power, only against humans with and without the different suits. (tazer test)

Since the bayonet design was the only one that worked, begin working on a custom mount for the Laser Rifle, so that any standard Tesla Saber can be used if the modified Rifle is purchased. The mount should mechanically connect the intensity knob to where the user can easily reach it on the rifle, as well as give the user a thumb button to activate the tesla saber on the rifle grip. Modify the stock of the rifle to work as a handle, allowing to wield the rifle like a two-handed sword or scythe (one hand on the perpendicular grip, another on the extended stock). See if it's possible to let the custom mount leave the saber's handle exposed, to allow wielding the rifle like a spear (two parallel grips) as well, so that the name Gungnir is more appropriate.

Assuming the design still functions after all modifications, save it and enter Duel. Set up Anton and two copies of him (stat-wise) in MkIIs, armed with Gungnirs, against two average humans in MkIIs, and some sort of robotic infantry (a-la Jim, but Anton never met him and, presumably, isn't aware that full-body cyber-prostheses are possible), all armed with standard Laser Rifles and Tesla Sabers. War-torn urban environment, with standard atmosphere and normal weather. Teams start in cover, 100m apart, but aware of the presence of others.

"Okay, let's see if the whole is better than the sum of its parts."

Start simulation.

((edit: I suppose it's prudent to clarify how to operate the rifle - aim, fire laser, thumb saber switch, in that order. Doing otherwise may result in the electrolaser misfiring and just forming the saber bayonet, since the arc may not jump to the laser's plasma channel if it's already found its own.))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:10:43 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: February 02, 2013, 11:45:26 pm »

Go to the Recreation & Mess Hall, and see what's going on there.
Also, test out pyrokinetic abilities: preferably without burning self, or anyone else.

Chaz'll have to learn the layout of the whole place, so he may as well start there. And a little practice with his Amp won't hurt anyone, will it?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: February 02, 2013, 11:49:43 pm »

Test the weakest, highest, and medium strength filaments for comparative cutting power on a MK III suit.

Also, can stronger filaments be used to make longer blades?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11719 on: February 03, 2013, 01:42:55 am »

And a little practice with his Amp won't hurt anyone, will it?
Let's hope the ship won't explode in a nuclear fireball.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: February 03, 2013, 02:57:48 am »

((Oh...))

Remove the vibrator motor.
Replace monoatomic wire with a stronger material and cheaper if available.
Save.

Create a small high pressure flamethrower at the end of the barrel add electrodes that generate extremely high temparature plasma that will ionise the flames also add
a buffed up handlaser allowing use of a laser or a ionised flame blast.
Add fuel cable inside the outer layers of the suit that connects to a small backmounted compressor and fuel tank to fuel it
Test against most common forms of armour with both laser and flamethrower fire type
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: February 03, 2013, 03:31:53 am »

((I'm being bored. And when I'm being bored and have nothing to work on or write, I tend to draw.
Spoiler: Or rather, sketch. (click to show/hide)
Depicted: MkI suit (or my rendition thereof), Tesla Saber (or my rendition thereof), typical HMRC rookie employing typical HMRC rookie strategy of "loot, advance, repeat until decapitated". :P
edit: okay, reading the descriptions again, that might actually be closer to a MkII.

(post above edited with action for the turn)

edit2: Forgive my silliness, but this quote is proving to be especially fruitful.
Spoiler: Bad Translator (click to show/hide)
Quite the variety there. :P ))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:07:21 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: February 03, 2013, 05:49:23 am »

"A gun suitable for both area denial and limited suppressive fire that can also be used by a point-man in a manner that would allow them to clear corners while exposing themselves as less as possible."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: February 03, 2013, 08:32:14 am »

((For real. Real for VR anyway.))

Do as was said before.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: February 03, 2013, 09:19:07 am »

Search for: ((Recent news) or (Breaking news)) and (Unknown object on course for occupied space)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11725 on: February 03, 2013, 10:10:17 am »

Wake up.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: February 03, 2013, 11:49:30 am »

((@Sean: nice use of automated translator software. Maybe you should feed some ER quotes to cleverbot and see what insanity you get.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: February 03, 2013, 11:51:13 am »

((More "fanart":
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I guess that's a MkIII... I seem to be thinking too much Gundam in terms of "spacesuit".

ninja edit: Hm, maybe. I don't use cleverbot normally, but I might, for that purpose. I've been feeding different quotes through the bad translator already, that quote just got the most random results so far. I'm gonna trawl the threads for neat quotes and subject them to all the text-mangling insanity I can muster up, including my Travesty Generator. That should be fun.

edit: also, I vote the little girl in the VR "Punch Many Things" program to be named Shabu Shabu. :P

edit2: reading the thread, finally got to the bit I assume piecewise meant when he said PyroDesu is an "expert on these things". It seems an electrolaser idea wasn't so original here after all. Oh well. I hope to be the first to actually build one though. We need more weird weapons around here. ^_^))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:00:02 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: February 03, 2013, 12:01:31 pm »

Enter bullet time and avoid any incoming bullets by watching Doc's movements and predicting where he'll shoot. Move towards Doc, and if Renen can get close enough, slash him.

If the bullets stop coming, get near Doc for a attack but always ready to avoid any surprises.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:01 pm »

((Note to self: See if Nuclear Thermal Rockets might be viable to replace the chemical rockets on a MkIII. Yes, I would strap functioning fission devices to the back of suits to act as rockets with a higher initial cost, but much cheaper refills. What of it?))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:34:12 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 2101