_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933542 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11100 on: December 19, 2012, 11:19:19 am »

Try battle of Hexbarax again.In a UWM trench. With the equipment of a UWM officer. Try speech again.

"Soldiers of the UWM! We must hold firm against the Altered horde! Today we turn the tide! We will show them the power of the UWM! We are no strangers to war! At first we fought for freedom. We fought for resources. That all changed when the Altered happend. Now we will hold the line! With oue lives if need be! Soldiers, pilots of the human race! Stand firm! Stand strong! And bring back the hope of Humanity!"

((hopefully This works.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11101 on: December 19, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »

Make the final plans and models for the game - saving/loading, combining the engines, selecting actual enemies, bosses, and powerups, etc, everything that still needs to be done to have the game completed.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11102 on: December 19, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11103 on: December 19, 2012, 03:51:34 pm »

((It's like Black death but as a race!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11104 on: December 19, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »

@Radio: ((I do believe at least some of your concerns might be addressed by this hypothesis of mine: the Altered really weren't all that potent and their abilities weren't entirely miraculous. It's just that there was no UWM in the beginning, no higher organization present in galactic human society. It is very much like a zombie apocalypse in that respect - defeating it is a mere matter of organization (think of the Altered as improved, regenerating and amusingly-shaped speed zombies). Also, perhaps the exact facts of the entire Altered Wars have become muddled over time both deliberately and accidentally (what with the whole "many hundreds of years" thing getting in the way), with exaggerations and deliberate omissions sneaking into history. Therefore, what we're getting from UWM sources plays up the Altered like the be-all, end-all threat to humanity that we overcame, granting us a greater belief in the power of human ingenuity and the strength and necessity of the UWM.))

((Plus, what prevents us from speculating about the motivations and intelligence of the Altered is that nobody knows what was up with them in the first place. The fact that Altered people all went crazy at the exact same time could have been caused by anything, including hyperspace shenanigans and interdimensional boogaloo, and it is pretty much impossible to know what goes through their non-minds. It's kind of one of the things I like most about Einsteinian Roulette: how little we know about pretty much everything. Much of humanity's incredible technology is based around field manipulators, which are black boxes nobody understands. Nobody knows why the Altered went crazy. Nobody knows what exactly happened at any place or at any time. Space Jumping is a mystery. Nothing is truly understood in the future, and the more we progress, the more questions are raised.))

((On a side note, I really like going on tangents.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11105 on: December 19, 2012, 04:40:52 pm »

Much of humanity's incredible technology is based around field manipulators, which are black boxes nobody understands. Space Jumping is a mystery.

((Perhaps related? Space jumping and manipulators, that is, not the complete lack of understanding.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11106 on: December 19, 2012, 04:47:08 pm »

((Perhaps related? Space jumping and manipulators, that is, not the complete lack of understanding.))

((Possibly, in that they both seem to operate on a poorly-understood bit of space magic that freely violates a great many known laws of physics. Space magic is weird that way - there is never any more data on it than what it does. And magic does not care about reasons, only about repeatability. So they could be related for all we know, which is, once again, not a whole lot.))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:50:21 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11107 on: December 19, 2012, 05:19:27 pm »

(( Concerning how those black boxes work, I have a theory:

I think that we've been misled and the miracles the Field Manipulators/Psychokinetic Amps make happen are actually work of our brains. The Pocket Calculators thus provide us with convenient mental activity, and the Funny Brain Chips directly stimulate the right areas (or, possibly, run the same convenient mental activity, just on the subconscious level - if the understanding of those brain processes is still lacking). That way they could only make sub-optimal automated manipulators using brains in jars as well as it would require actual humans (even just half-conscious, as it is in case of the Ghost Ships) to use the manipulators/amps at their full potential. Hm - even the whole HMR Corps could be just a way to produce the most efficient manipulators/amps users, with our command's determination at stuffing whatever little remains into the robot platforms just as long as the brain matter is sufficiently intact. And the black boxes Should Not Be Opened for the sake of the humanity not learning the dangerous truth about its true abilities and ((sort of) lack of) their boundaries.
(Yeah, just another frakking conspiracy theory - sorry for being so bland and unimaginative.)

This theory is mostly based on the evidence that a manipulator couldn't be overloaded without a human user nearby - as Piecewise said, 'There is actually a good in-universe reason for that' - as well as the apparent meaninglessness of calculations the field manipulators require to use (not to mention the scepticism that calculations that high-tech would take humans (often not so intelligent or educated, let us be frank) to be done, and not just computers). ))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:22:59 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11108 on: December 19, 2012, 05:30:23 pm »

((What is this Ghost ship business i keep hearing?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11109 on: December 19, 2012, 05:47:28 pm »

I think that we've been misled and the miracles the Field Manipulators/Psychokinetic Amps make happen are actually work of our brains. The Pocket Calculators thus provide us with convenient mental activity, and the Funny Brain Chips directly stimulate the right areas (or, possibly, run the same convenient mental activity, just on the subconscious level - if the understanding of those brain processes is still lacking). That way they could only make sub-optimal automated manipulators using brains in jars as well as it would require actual humans (even just half-conscious, as it is in case of the Ghost Ships) to use the manipulators/amps at their full potential. Hm - even the whole HMR Corps could be just a way to produce the most efficient manipulators/amps users, with our command's determination at stuffing whatever little remains into the robot platforms just as long as the brain matter is sufficiently intact. And the black boxes Should Not Be Opened for the sake of the humanity not learning the dangerous truth about its true abilities and ((sort of) lack of) their boundaries.
(Yeah, just another frakking conspiracy theory - sorry for being so bland and unimaginative.)

This theory is mostly based on the evidence that a manipulator couldn't be overloaded without a human user nearby - as Piecewise said, 'There is actually a good in-universe reason for that' - as well as the apparent meaninglessness of calculations the field manipulators require to use (not to mention the scepticism that calculations that high-tech would take humans (often not so intelligent or educated, let us be frank) to be done, and not just computers). ))

((Even though the idea is interesting, it merely relocates weird space magic from an external artifact to the human brain itself. It still does not change the essence that weird space magic is indeed at work. Besides, it doesn't really explain automated field manipulators, since those don't actually contain brain matter as far as I know. And the in-universe reason for the impossibility of overloading field manipulators without a human nearby might be that no sane engineer would ever automate a field manipulator into overloading itself, considering that really bad things would happen if they did. After all, manipulators are precision technology, not tools of mass destruction.))

A question for piecewise: what does an automated field manipulator consist of? How big is it? Asking because we haven't actually seen one yet.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11110 on: December 20, 2012, 03:28:02 am »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:40:31 am by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11111 on: December 20, 2012, 03:29:44 am »

((For the new year I wish health, happiness and less 504s to all))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:31:31 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11112 on: December 20, 2012, 01:36:31 pm »

Well, it's going to be complicated. Later, as well.
Get to the tinker. Look up the list of modern smallest directly-operated military space craft (i.e., what would correspond to fighters/bombers/etc. in air warfare).
That rocketbike in the armory is pretty close to the smallest military vehicle. We don't really have fighters and bombers as things go.

Try battle of Hexbarax again.In a UWM trench. With the equipment of a UWM officer. Try speech again.

"Soldiers of the UWM! We must hold firm against the Altered horde! Today we turn the tide! We will show them the power of the UWM! We are no strangers to war! At first we fought for freedom. We fought for resources. That all changed when the Altered happend. Now we will hold the line! With oue lives if need be! Soldiers, pilots of the human race! Stand firm! Stand strong! And bring back the hope of Humanity!"

((hopefully This works.))

Officers don't have standardized equipment so you'll still need to pick yours

Make the final plans and models for the game - saving/loading, combining the engines, selecting actual enemies, bosses, and powerups, etc, everything that still needs to be done to have the game completed.

[aux:4+1]

Yeah, everything goes as you desire it to go. Which hasn't been very well explained yet, but certainly gives you lots of leeway for explaining it now.

Good points. I wonder if anyone else has asked these sorts of things? Perhaps you should search the internet when you get back to the ship, there might be something interesting there.

((Even though the idea is interesting, it merely relocates weird space magic from an external artifact to the human brain itself. It still does not change the essence that weird space magic is indeed at work. Besides, it doesn't really explain automated field manipulators, since those don't actually contain brain matter as far as I know. And the in-universe reason for the impossibility of overloading field manipulators without a human nearby might be that no sane engineer would ever automate a field manipulator into overloading itself, considering that really bad things would happen if they did. After all, manipulators are precision technology, not tools of mass destruction.))

A question for piecewise: what does an automated field manipulator consist of? How big is it? Asking because we haven't actually seen one yet.))

Sounds like something for you to investigate in character huh?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11113 on: December 20, 2012, 01:46:07 pm »

Sounds like something for you to investigate in character huh?

((Somebody, get on this. I MUST KNOW NOW.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11114 on: December 20, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »

Be equipped with a Mk3, a .50 cal machine gun and a desert eagle. Just cause.
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 2101