_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931436 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11010 on: December 14, 2012, 12:50:34 am »

"Thanks."

head back to VR then load up Battle of Hexbarax. but replace the UWM forces with 21st century forces. have them have enough numbers to be able to stand a chance of holding off the Altered.

>Error: Not enough surface area on the planet.

((Hrmm. Well, before I look for those, I may want to check if my idea to lower the STR requirement would be possible. What I had in mind was basically an unpowered exoskeleton that had lockable joints. So I would have to brace myself, lock the suit joints, and then fire the hook. And Tavik, try to be a little original. He won't do it if it no longer interests him.))
I believe Nikitain did just that once, creating a 1/3 power exoskeleton for 1/3 the price. Then he got blowed up by Pyro. I see no reason you can't.

Make the exoskeleton that is, Not get blowed up by pyro. Well, really I see no reason you can't do that either.

Hmmm.
Put the Avatars aside for now, and look up the neural interface(s) and info on it (them?): the side effects, known limitations, price in tokens, etc.

The neural interfaces on Avatars-and titans for that matter-function because they are basically translating neuro-signals from your nerves into the synthflesh nerves of the machine. To do this they need to implant nerve ports in your body. You conspicuously can't find anything about these nerve ports in terms of limitations or side effects. Or price. However they are apparently based on the same systems that allow for robotic limbs and similar systems.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: December 14, 2012, 01:16:26 am »

"Thanks."

head back to VR then load up Battle of Hexbarax. but replace the UWM forces with 21st century forces. have them have enough numbers to be able to stand a chance of holding off the Altered.

>Error: Not enough surface area on the planet.

((Hrmm. Well, before I look for those, I may want to check if my idea to lower the STR requirement would be possible. What I had in mind was basically an unpowered exoskeleton that had lockable joints. So I would have to brace myself, lock the suit joints, and then fire the hook. And Tavik, try to be a little original. He won't do it if it no longer interests him.))
I believe Nikitain did just that once, creating a 1/3 power exoskeleton for 1/3 the price. Then he got blowed up by Pyro. I see no reason you can't.

Make the exoskeleton that is, Not get blowed up by pyro. Well, really I see no reason you can't do that either.

((I have to say, this post amused me way too much. XD))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11012 on: December 14, 2012, 02:22:28 am »

((@kisame12794 Check out the link in my sig. The files still should be out there in the depths of the VR, open for anyone to use. Regardless of which exoskeleton model you decide to use (default, one of Greiss's, or some kind of your own), you may also want to look at the 'exaggerated movements' mode, as it apparently requires just a minimally powerful exoskeleton to work.))

Look for more generalised mind-machine interfaces, like the ones used by the robot platform inhabitants and, allegedly, gung-ho hackers and computer fanatics.
((I.e. plugging a computer into the brain (or vice versa). ))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:25:12 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11013 on: December 14, 2012, 04:43:07 am »

((@kisame12794 Check out the link in my sig. The files still should be out there in the depths of the VR, open for anyone to use. Regardless of which exoskeleton model you decide to use (default, one of Greiss's, or some kind of your own), you may also want to look at the 'exaggerated movements' mode, as it apparently requires just a minimally powerful exoskeleton to work.))

Look for more generalised mind-machine interfaces, like the ones used by the robot platform inhabitants and, allegedly, gung-ho hackers and computer fanatics.
((I.e. plugging a computer into the brain (or vice versa). ))

Well, mostly those all involve sensory data or actions, and thats the problem. For instance, Jim moving his body via the machine interpreting the signals from his nerves or feyri experiencing the sensations of a VR simulation via a system which allows her nerves to interpret signals from the machine. That is fairly simple.

Now, if thats all you have in mind thats easy, however I doubt thats it. I'm guessing you want to be feeding something else into your brain rather then just sensory data.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: December 14, 2012, 08:19:21 am »

((Yes. So, in general, it's either send and receive information via surrogate channels ("stirring" the "muscles" and "feeling" "sensoty" data, respectively), or get that Aux genetic enhancement (let's say which I learned about somewhere in the course of this research)  and screw your normal information channels, right?
Then what's about 1)Using other brain areas to house the plug instead of the (apparently) motor and sensory parts of the cortex? Somewhere akin to the amps placement (and using the similar data exchange methods), for example.
2)Connecting to wetware and/or other people? That way the communication barrier (present between a computer and a brain) should be circumvented, right?

So, in short, are there ways to expand the mind's domain over to the direct neural interface, rather than leave the latter under control of external "modem" entity and fooled perceptions? ))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:34:59 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: December 14, 2012, 08:59:45 am »

"In retrospect, mapping entire planets in that much detail might be overdoing it."

Tone graphics, level size, and boss size sown, to about halfway between the original and the current.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: December 14, 2012, 09:03:19 am »

"Let's see what I can find."

Search for piton style grappling hooks that can punch into solid steel. Include those with a power retract system, as well as those without.

((By power retract, I mean it can haul you up.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: December 14, 2012, 09:20:31 am »

Try again. Same scenario, with the enemy running around, first fire with the bullet time mode activated, then without it. Compare.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: December 14, 2012, 11:50:14 am »

Change settings to space defence have Modern forces be able to use any tech that has been developed, cancelled or being developed before 2012. Including the Strategic defence initiative and the space ship projects like Project orion to stop Hexbarax from being invaded. If not succesful have the Altered Invaion force fight against defences made up of forces from Blue Gender, UWM, Aliens and 21st forces made up of abrams challengers and any prototype vehicles thought of by america or the USSR.

"This will be wierd."

((Hopefully you wont get confused. Also Apocalyptica is awesome.))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:35:09 pm by Tavik Toth »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11019 on: December 14, 2012, 02:47:33 pm »

((Yes. So, in general, it's either send and receive information via surrogate channels ("stirring" the "muscles" and "feeling" "sensoty" data, respectively), or get that Aux genetic enhancement (let's say which I learned about somewhere in the course of this research)  and screw your normal information channels, right?
Then what's about 1)Using other brain areas to house the plug instead of the (apparently) motor and sensory parts of the cortex? Somewhere akin to the amps placement (and using the similar data exchange methods), for example.
2)Connecting to wetware and/or other people? That way the communication barrier (present between a computer and a brain) should be circumvented, right?

So, in short, are there ways to expand the mind's domain over to the direct neural interface, rather than leave the latter under control of external "modem" entity and fooled perceptions? ))

Here's the thing about Amps: They use you a whole hell of a lot more then you use them. See, when someone uses an amp all they're doing is thinking about what they want done really hard and then activating the amp. The amp then basically hijacks your brain and uses it to make calculations while also taking a look at and deciphering what you were thinking about, putting that into action. It doesn't have a problem understanding your thoughts but your brain is different.

If we were to pump straight data into a nonsensory parts of your brain you would, at best, either begin hallucinating or completely alter your own memories. Your brain won't know what the hell to make of what will, to it, be a completely nonsense stream of neurotransmitters. Hell, you've seen what happens to people who get even the slightest bit of feedback from amps.  This is why we use sensory data pumped into the right channels, because your brain can understand that. I mean, dumping translated flash program into your brain would be like shoving a sandwich in the disk drive of a computer. Neither would know what the hell was going  on.

That leaves you with only two options really: Alter your brain so that it CAN understand these signals, though that isn't without it's own problems-or employ some sort of middle man; a program or device that takes the data and changes it into a visual or sensory data you can comprehend.

Does this make sense? I don't think I'm explaining it well.

"In retrospect, mapping entire planets in that much detail might be overdoing it."

Tone graphics, level size, and boss size sown, to about halfway between the original and the current.
[aux:5+1]

Now everything is cell-shaded. and 2d.

"HOW DO I EVEN KEEP DOING THIS!? YOU WOULD THINK IT WOULD TAKE YEARS! BUT I'M DOING IT IN MINUTES! I'M A PRODIGY OF FAILURE!"

"Let's see what I can find."

Search for piton style grappling hooks that can punch into solid steel. Include those with a power retract system, as well as those without.

((By power retract, I mean it can haul you up.))

They pretty much all have "Haul-you-up'ems"

So we got a few major models here: We got one that is powered by highly pressurized gas, so it's very cheap but also single use. We got one that is magnetically driven, so more expensive but multi-use. They can both use two types of ammunition; specifically a standard spike and a more advance spike that permanently attaches to what it hits. The permanent one means having to carry ammo for it, but also means a much more reliable attachment.

Try again. Same scenario, with the enemy running around, first fire with the bullet time mode activated, then without it. Compare.
[Con:4-1+1]
You hit without issue.
[con:3-1]
You miss completely.

Basically,it's a dynamic bonus to certain things.

Change settings to space defence have Modern forces be able to use any tech that has been developed, cancelled or being developed before 2012. Including the Strategic defence initiative and the space ship projects like Project orion to stop Hexbarax from being invaded. If not succesful have the Altered Invaion force fight against defences made up of forces from Blue Gender, UWM, Aliens and 21st forces made up of abrams challengers and any prototype vehicles thought of by america or the USSR.

"This will be wierd."

((Hopefully you wont get confused. Also Apocalyptica is awesome.))

Well, they wouldn't be able to stop them from getting there, but they would be able to stop them once they're there. I mean, just UWM forces did that. I'm not really sure what the rest of those groups would add to the attack to be honest. Blue gender mechs would be helpful but tanks and prototype vehicles are a bit of an unknown to me. I suppose if we consider the trinity device a prototype things could get interesting.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: December 14, 2012, 03:04:11 pm »

See how many Project orion battleships would be needed to stop the altred invasion.

((The orion battleship has a casaba howeitzer, which for lack of a better term shoots nuclear flame. Also is armed with 500 20 megaton warheads. And to think it was possible to build. and practical. look it up if you need any better info. looks like this

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11021 on: December 14, 2012, 03:10:55 pm »

See how many Project orion battleships would be needed to stop the altred invasion.

((The orion battleship has a casaba howeitzer, which for lack of a better term shoots nuclear flame. Also is armed with 500 20 megaton warheads. And to think it was possible to build. and practical. look it up if you need any better info. looks like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Not to mention 6 hypersonic landing craft and 5-inch naval turrets.

Also, someone else knows about the Orion battleship! Pity that monstrosity is what got the entire Orion program cancelled. Damn you, air force! WE COULD HAVE HAD SO MUCH.

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/realdesigns.php#id--Project_Orion_Battleship))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: December 14, 2012, 03:58:56 pm »

(( Yeah, it absolutely makes sense. Then what about connecting the brain to other (human) brains? Including, but not limited to, using someone (in the loose sense of 'someone') as that middle man?

Also, by the way, wouldn't that alteration of the brain streamline the use of amps as well? Just curious. ))
Past Sigs

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: December 14, 2012, 04:02:25 pm »

((Yay for nuclear missile spam! Its also one of the only things apart from the SDI that we have thought of that has any real chance of stooping a alien invasion. Yeah.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: December 14, 2012, 04:09:17 pm »

((When I get back on the ship, I'm going to tinker and make a mini Orion pulse charge. It's pretty much a nuclear bomb-pumped plasma weapon, for chrissake. That's why Casaba-Howitzer was a thing. Maybe I can make it small enough to use with my launcher (yeah, right), like I need another highly destructive piece of work.))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:12:41 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 2101