_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931902 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10680 on: November 27, 2012, 07:21:28 pm »

((If I had to guess, I'd say number of sides indicates relative possible danger.

On the one hand, we've got a permanent painkiller circle. On the other, we've got two eminently lethal heptagons, and the blinding goggles are a hexagon. Mesk's permanently bonding repairbots sit in the middle at a square.

Of course, we really don't have enough data to say that with any certainty, and it would imply some weird things. For one, the PANACEA-ish salve would apparently be more dangerous than Mesk's mechaheals.

An alternate theory could be power levels rather than danger per se. The painkiller is pretty weak, both heptagons are obviously pretty strong. Again though, this would imply that whatever that panacea does, it's more powerful than Mesk's permanent dismemberment-curing bots, which sounds pretty odd.

Still no real clues on color or lines. Gold is impossible to distinguish from heptagon and the lines differ, blue could possibly be one-shot, medical, organic, etc, and everything else we're working with one known sample or less on, unless you wanna speculate that green is wearables or purple or pentagon is things in jars.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: November 27, 2012, 07:34:37 pm »

((I haven't studied it, but from preliminary thoughts, I like the idea that line indicates origin. Four possibilities, so perhaps standard UWM/HMRC relics, "quiet world" style human artifacts, alien, and extradimensional?  I'll have to check.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:09 pm »

(( I remember thinking that blue was medical, but now I see I was probably mistaken. As for the number of sides (or corners?) corresponding to power level/threat, I like the idea, but uncertain where that would put the circle - at the beginning of the line, or at the end (you know, infinite diminuitive sides and corners and all). The line denoting origin is a cool thought as well; perhaps 'no line' means 'we don't know anything about where it comes from'?
I feel I should mention that either Nyars really disliked how Cog looked like (and that tame-looking 'mutie' actually meant great disgust and fear), or he frakkin' knows what the labels - or, at least, that particular one - mean, and thus lied to us. Also, I am beginning to think he might be more than just simple scavenger/smuggler just because one day we'd have that great idea of taking his stuff for free and I don't think that could happen (knowing how unrealistically buffed the AM & the Doc are); I doubt Steve would care too much about us doing something to him (him willingly entering convicts' quarters and all), so his protection must come from another source. Maybe he has a few things from those containers as well?

All in all, I believe it would help us all greatly if one of the IC label researchers made the information known to him/her public. Less metaing and more encouragement to test the hypotheses (as well as at least some guidance in what to buy). Pretty please with sugar on top? :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: November 27, 2012, 08:50:13 pm »

((My theory that Green meant defensive stuff of some sort, as evidenced by that liquid metal armor and (possibly) my phase suit has been a little broken by those goggles.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10684 on: November 27, 2012, 09:52:59 pm »

Cancel current simulation and start a new one. Olympic Wrestling match! With Robots!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: November 27, 2012, 10:38:55 pm »

(( Now that I think of it, yes, green could actually be 'wearable equipment' or something like that. I mean, it seems that the said phase suit is less so armour than 'specialized outfit giving the wearer some properties of a ghost', just like the operative/murderer's suit from mission 5 wasn't armor per se, only specialized camouflage equipment.
While the meaning of purple and blue currently eludes me, I think gold could mean 'weapon', which would explain that reaction from Nyars. I mean, yes, all of those items are bizzare alien artifacts, but the weapons - or, to generalize, things designed to do harm to others - are the most dangerous to bystanders (while most other artifacts seem to present danger only to the user himself). Pity this part of speculation is totally meta and there are no eyewitnesses alive (barring Nyars, of course, who wouldn't witness against himself). Though maybe Ivan (who stood there all of this time, apparently)?..))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: November 27, 2012, 10:40:31 pm »

((Someone early on tailed people around and took wrappers.  I want to say it was either Bishop or Mesk, but I don't fully recall.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: November 27, 2012, 11:08:07 pm »

((It was Bishop. I had too little information at the time though, so I decided to focus on other stuff instead until we get a better idea of what the labels mean when more people bought more packages.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: November 27, 2012, 11:35:06 pm »

While resting Renen sees the message and responds.

Quote from: Renen to MSanctor
I'm really fine for now. How about you? Right now I am training with some modification Doc implanted on me. I hope the death didn't get you any problems.

There is no problem about the lost thing. It was dark and we didn't know if anyone killed could be ressurrected at that time. That fight with you was a great pleasure, and I received experience from that. I stabbed you through the heart for a fast and calm death, you practically didn't suffer.

The doctor only accepts apprentices when he sees they can endure a little of the training. And only one, if anyone wants to try, they have to fight the first apprentice. And I don't advise anyone to do that. He told me to master my new power before starting to train for real.
#Renen Averius
P.S. - I really advise you to study a little about medicine with the books the armory has. I started to use my katana after reading a book, and I would really apreciate if you could teach me a little about anatomy just to learn the weak points in a body.

Resume practicing.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: November 28, 2012, 12:14:41 am »

Quote from: MSanctor to Renen
Thank you. That was a very nice cut indeed, as I see from the scar. I'm pretty fine as well, eager to see some action, actually. Say, how would you like to have another training fight some of these days? That should let you test that modification, give me some experience with fighting a superior, enhanced opponent and hopefully be generally fun, just like the previous one (except without the 'forced' part).
Also, thanks for the books tip. Didn't dare hope we'd have anything like a library. I'll definitely spend some time there.
#MSanctor
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10690 on: November 28, 2012, 12:36:54 am »

Exit VR and get four clips for bolt acton rifle and a new battery for laser rifle also ask for a book about useing a Katana. if they have one, go back to rec room find a place to sit then read hte book. If they dont then look for one of his teammates.
4 clips is ok, but I don't see a laser rifle in your sheet. Are you sure you had one, as in you didn't lose it somewhere on the mission?

((I believe one of them was a vertical line, I think Timmy's marble, but Gorat wouldn't know without some evidence. Which is why he went to search for the cube's capsule.))

Gorat wonders about other methods to find out about the things the mystery-monger sold. The Armory Master? She probably has better things to do than to memorize symbols and stuff. Steve? It seems he wouldn't want to lose out on the fun potential. The mystery-monger himself? Hm.

Go back to that guy. Ask if he remembers the symbols of Cog's and Timmy's capsules.
"Can't say I do." The man says, seeming rather disinterested.

"Huh. Maybe if I put the goggles on for a bit longer? Doc? Do you have an eyepatch or something? I want to cover my good eye so I hopefully keep my vision in it normal."

Ask for an eyepatch.

((The cube was a large golden heptagon with a diagonal line.))
"Actually we don't. We just give people robotic eyes, after all."

Cancel current simulation and start a new one. Olympic Wrestling match! With Robots!
Are you in with them or do you just want to watch like some sort of creepy robosexual.

While resting Renen sees the message and responds.

Quote from: Renen to MSanctor
I'm really fine for now. How about you? Right now I am training with some modification Doc implanted on me. I hope the death didn't get you any problems.

There is no problem about the lost thing. It was dark and we didn't know if anyone killed could be ressurrected at that time. That fight with you was a great pleasure, and I received experience from that. I stabbed you through the heart for a fast and calm death, you practically didn't suffer.

The doctor only accepts apprentices when he sees they can endure a little of the training. And only one, if anyone wants to try, they have to fight the first apprentice. And I don't advise anyone to do that. He told me to master my new power before starting to train for real.
#Renen Averius
P.S. - I really advise you to study a little about medicine with the books the armory has. I started to use my katana after reading a book, and I would really apreciate if you could teach me a little about anatomy just to learn the weak points in a body.

Resume practicing.
[will:5]
The world grinds almost to a halt as you let yourself sink into a homicidal trance, envisioning the blood you can spill with this new power. You can't help but smile.

(Ahhh, I am endlessly happy about seeing people trying to figure out this system. Nothing makes me happier then introducing something  that really makes people think and yet isn't just an annoying or time wasting puzzle. It's part of the reason I created Perplexicon (which is another RTD I'm running if people didn't see it)

Oh, and Nikitan, the doc and AM are't unrealistically buffed, you just don't know the realities of what they are ;))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:38:56 am by piecewise »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52:36 am »

"Oh. I suppose that makes sense. Maybe if I just close the good eye, it'll stay normal."

Don goggles, closing my right eye before doing so, and keeping it closed as long as the goggles are on. Observe Doc. Will it let me see the layers like it did with my hand?

((I have an idea about Nyars box. From my own intuition and various facts, I have guessed that red is conventional, blue is medical, purple is unconventional, green is auxillary, and gold is exotic. Shapes are potency, from triangle being weakest, to heptagon being strongest. Lines are the dangerousity(That's a word right?) of the object. All of this is purely guesses, but it gives a framework to my choices.))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:00:30 am by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: November 28, 2012, 01:03:10 am »

(( Ah, stupid me, missing the previous update :)
Also, I'm sorry for my wording - what I actually meant was 'way out of our weight class for now and at least quite a few missions more' ))
Put on my suit and weapon belt with the Instrument. Go to the armory.
Finally. I've had enough resting and thinking and planning time.

((@kisame12794 Do you understand that you're about to see what is under that mask and if he has the slightest idea of that..? Well, I'd just suggest looking any other way. Even looking at the Armory Master might be safer, I believe. At most she'd space you out like that poor chap from before the first mission. :P
Also, seriously: I like your theory. How do you think, what does the circle mean? Even weaker than a triangle, or absolutely all-powerful?))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:05:18 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: November 28, 2012, 01:05:39 am »

((Hey, for all we know, he's got some weirdass jamming thingy, because I can't believe no one thought to click on the x-ray mode on their cam-eyes and take a look. I mean really.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: November 28, 2012, 01:13:58 am »

(( Or he could have seen them pale and lose consciousness/vomit upon seemingly harmlessly looking at him with their upgraded eyes, and then terminated those with extreme prejudice right on the spot. I mean, the Armory Master somehow learned about being seen naked, right? Well, I do suspect some drooling taking place, which was just the slightest giveaway, but still. ))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 2101