_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939601 times)

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8490 on: October 12, 2012, 01:29:44 pm »

((This is epic and I hope to become a part of this.  I did up a character sheet and figured I'd put it here to... I dunno.  Have people see if it's all right?  I'm in the process of reading through both threads, in the 200-page-on-default-forum-setting range now, so the character's bit of backstory is based on what I've read and if it turns out shite because of something revealed in later somethingorothers then.  Something.  I will change it.  If it matters.  Which it probably won't.  Uuuh.  Anyway.  Provided I've got the numbers and stuff correct...

Spoiler: Charactorr (click to show/hide)

Here's... hoping?))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:49:39 pm by Wirevix »
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: October 12, 2012, 01:41:40 pm »

((This is epic and I hope to become a part of this.  I did up a character sheet and figured I'd put it here to... I dunno.  Have people see if it's all right?  I'm in the process of reading through both threads, in the 200-page-on-default-forum-setting range now, so the character's bit of backstory is based on what I've read and if it turns out shite because of something revealed in later somethingorothers then.  Something.  I will change it.  If it matters.  Which it probably won't.  Uuuh.  Anyway.  Provided I've got the numbers and stuff correct...

Here's... hoping?))

((Just a heads-up - the profession bonuses are applied to your rolls, not your stats and skills. Thus, both your Speech and Charisma would be at a -2 to rolls - one because you have insufficient points for competence (three for Charisma, one for Speech), one due to your profession. Just so you know. Oh, and welcome to the game. Have fun, Fun and !!FUN!!.))

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: October 12, 2012, 01:50:09 pm »

((Oh righty.  I edited the sheet for that.  Yay funs.  And yeah I know Derro'll be hilariously bad at Speech and Charisma. I decided to just roll with it rather than spend a bunch to try and boost them up.  He's a creeptastic creeper anyway.))
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: October 12, 2012, 02:29:23 pm »

Travis sighed. Why were they investigating an anomaly? They weren't trained for this. This could jeopardize the entire ship. Maybe the AI is hoping we'll fail, maybe he wants to get rid of us...maybe one of us knows too much.

Travis rides his mount off into the kitchen, and tries to find an appliance he can plug into the wall. Toaster, can opener, etc.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: October 12, 2012, 02:30:51 pm »

((Oh goddie, another poor soul for the doctor to own.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8495 on: October 12, 2012, 02:45:33 pm »

The cheat sheets have been updated. Let me know if you spot mistakes.

Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three to Feyri Nirel
Not yet. I'm about to attempt a space walk. Someone needs to check the outside of the ship, and I'm the best qualified. Stay safe and watch out for everyone, all right?

Jim attaches himself to the safety system, waits for whoever the hell that was that ran by to get a suit to leave the area, and then heads out into space to check the outside of the Sword for oddities.

(@PW: I wouldn't worry about the 'only one post today' thing if I were you. You run a much faster schedule than many GMs and do so with a consistently good level of quality.)
You strap yourself into the cable system and stand around, waiting for whats his face to do is thing stuff and leave, just in case using the airlock somehow pressurizes the entire hanger.
((Also, a kilogram block of Aster-EX Demolitions plastique, and 5 remote detonators.))

Okay, scratch what I said about being the same era, those Null-Gee beds are way older than the suit from the previous feed. Unless that dude's serious about using antique equipment.

Continue observation.
The camera pans around, showing more beds and various storage containers but nothing of any real interest.
"WHYAMISOSQUISHYOHGODITHURTS."

Scream in agony, whilst my shoulderblades GTFO.

((I think Cog has the highest handiwork? Not that it matters, with you in a lockdown, and me being strapped to a table.))
The strap on your throat begins bitting into your skin as the pushing from your back continues, like someone's stuffed an inflating life raft behind you and pulled the cord.
Sambo looks up from the clearly ruined dishwasher, it being obviously beyond his repair skills. He only had enough tools to fix most things, but a sledgehammer can only do so much. If only he had some duct tape and WD40 he could fix anything. Probably. He could at least break it even better than it was before.

"I can tag along if you want me to. I'm not a bad shot with a gun, and I've been itching to try out this kinetic amp since I got it. I'm a bloody awesome negotiator too."

Tag along with Feyri if she wants Sambo to, keeping an eye out for anything odd. Take up position in group for melee attacks (ie: at the front). Turn kinetic amp back on. If unneeded in Feyri's team, stay in rec room and continue watching television, taking in all details.

"If someone goes near the lockers, can they grab me my suit on the way by? This whole "no air soon" situation is starting to shrivel bits of me."
You watch the Tv while waiting for  Feyri, marveling at how uninteresting it is.

"COME ON, I'VE SEEN THIS SHIT IN MUSEUMS! GET TO THE UNSPEAKABLE HORRORS!"
"Sweet! No 'eyeballs bursting, chest imploding death' fer me!"
Floki grinned within his helmet, slapping the chest of the suit with one hand for emphasis.
"Good thing I read 'at descriptive diagram-thingy that one time, eh?"

>Examine inside of hangar. Is this where they keep the shuttles etc, or is that elsewhere?
>Also, is any suspicious, possibly bad stuff going on?

>Search people's lockers, too. There could be shiny stuff. Or cutting tools.
The hanger is a fairly massive room and it's walls, ceiling and floor are all covered in shuttles of both standard and skeletal design, as well as some shuttles you've never seen in use. They look like they've been fixed to the walls and ceiling via mechanical lifting arms, held in place till they're needed and then lowered down. It all looks fairly benign.

A per the lockers they are, go figure, locked.
Seems like I'll have to touch it to investigate further. However, methinks that would be most unwise.
Examine the rust for any abnormalities that would perhaps give away its origin.
You're no expert on rust but it doesn't look like water damage at least, it's more of a brown green corrosion then the normal brown of rust. No idea what that means but, there's that. 
Mesk jumps and bumps his head on the top of the duct, dropping his knife as he does so
"Fu-... Cockroa-?  I mean, Victor?  I really, really hope that's you.  How long have you been up here?  Have you seen anything... anomalous... in here?  Hey!  Can you show me around?  What've you been living on?  How are you?  Physically, I mean.  How've you been?"
Victor's hologram flashes between a scared face, some sort of snake and a robot, and a recycling symbol with a human face in the center.
[Location: SKYYYY ROCKETS IN FLIGHT]

Clearly this statue is out of place here.  This must be the object of the vision Steve has granted him... but why?

Take the statuette and try to determine its purpose.
You float over and touch the statue and the world melts around you, the light vanishing and the darkness consuming everything. You look around and spin to look behind you. The man in  the spacesuit is there what look like fine saphire threads trailing off into the darkness behind him, as though he stepped through a spider web. He holds the statuette in both hands,  pushing it toward you, offering it. The threads on his suit are tightening by the moment, and it's obvious that he's struggling to stay where he is, to not be dragged back into the dark.
Ash woke up on the cold floor in the middle of nowhere. She was wondering how the hell she managed to get stripped and molested last night even though she's in a high-security individual prison, when she remembered she was being sent to the HMRC.

She slowly get up, resisting the nauseous feeling coming from cryostasis. She is in some sort of barrack. She feels a strange sensation as if she was not alone, but she ignored it.

"borrow" some clothes, and then exit the barrack, looking for the nearest person to ask what the hell is going on
You grab some clothing from the nearby box and wander out of the barracks and into the rec room, screaming "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, WHERE AM I AND WHY WAS I NAKED?

Here's... hoping?))
Looks fine and dandy to me. You can now wake up in the barracks, confused, naked and doomed. Welcome aboard.
Travis sighed. Why were they investigating an anomaly? They weren't trained for this. This could jeopardize the entire ship. Maybe the AI is hoping we'll fail, maybe he wants to get rid of us...maybe one of us knows too much.

Travis rides his mount off into the kitchen, and tries to find an appliance he can plug into the wall. Toaster, can opener, etc.
There are a couple already plugged in, specifically a blender and microwave. You try them both but neither turn on no matter how many buttons you push or expletives you yell.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: October 12, 2012, 02:53:05 pm »

Huh...maybe it's regional?

Travis takes the blender and unplugs the TV, plugging in the blender instead. He tries to turn it on. If nothing...weird happens, Travis plugs the TV back in.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: October 12, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »

Surely this was a gift from God.

Take the statuette.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: October 12, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »

Continue observation, stop Travis from unplugging it (without harming him) and berate him for trying to unplug it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:44:25 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: October 12, 2012, 03:16:59 pm »

Send out a message on the wristpad to everyone.

Quote from: Stacy Buttle, Convict
Hello, everyone. I look forward to our future friendship and mutual harmonious coexistence. I am about to pull on a wire that came from the ceiling in the armory. If anybody wishes to come and see, feel free to drop by. Oh, and before I forget, the rust that seems to accompany the faulty wiring is unusual to say the least. Just thought you should know.

Your friend and servant,
Stacy Buttle.

Pull on the wire that came from the ceiling after making sure I am not grounded. See what happens and accordingly formulate a plan to follow this wire to its point of origin.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: October 12, 2012, 03:28:49 pm »

"Can you loosen the neck strap? Getting tight there!"

Get Robutt over there to lossen the neck strap.

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: October 12, 2012, 03:37:44 pm »

Send a message back to this Stacy Buttle person:

Quote from: Gorat Chin Ivanos
Don't do anything until someone else is by you. Actually, I'm on my way.
Send a message to everyone:
Quote from: Gorat Chin Ivanos
I'll join Stacy in the armory.
Run to the armory.

((We've never given each other our names, have we?))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: October 12, 2012, 03:48:08 pm »

"I'm coming to the armoury too."
Look for something to wedge the door with, go with the others going to armoury.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: October 12, 2012, 03:49:00 pm »

((@Harrry: I thought Stacy was in the hangar's airlock, he entered as Milno left. Not sure anymore, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: October 12, 2012, 04:21:33 pm »

"Stuff it. If I'm goin wandering around and there's wires and psychotic delusions and crap happening, I'd better get in my suit while the door's still open. Feyri, tell me if you need some extra help, I'll be back in a moment.
Travis, stop messing with the TV. I'm watching it. It was probably about to get good. Probably. Like b-grade horror flick good. I hope this guy knows about stop-motion. That shit is so cool. "

Go to Hangar. Get in suit. Go back to Rec room and watch TV (useful, I know) unless Feyri says she needs an extra. Then join up her group and go exploring with her group. Standing orders to punch Floki if he attacks still in effect (Just assume this is true until I state otherwise. I'll remove them if we go party exploring).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 04:24:08 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 2101