_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931892 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #8085 on: October 06, 2012, 09:56:10 am »

Floki sighed and stomped back over to the kitchen. "People use hammers an' shit in the kitchen, right?"

>Rummage through the place and find out.

>If no hammers are to be found, perhaps substitute a nice, hefty ladle.

>If there is really NOTHING, repeat the 'borrow someone's forhead' strategy. I gotta assert my dominance in this place, after all.

((Edit: Whoah, I just noticed- the on-Ship thread has almost caught the Mission thread in page count! :o))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: October 06, 2012, 10:26:54 am »

"Oh, thank you"

Travis pushes the box into an uninhabited part of the ship, opens the box, and goes through the imprinting process.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: October 06, 2012, 01:29:31 pm »

(( Would anyone theoretically want the plans for the lockpick? I'll have to do it in character and all, but considering the mark 1 lockpick pulped a mark 3 suit without a problem, I can't wait to see what the mark 2 lockpick will do.
Energy=m*v^2
Except in this case it's Energy=(m*v^2)^2 because of the kinetic amp. That's a lot of indices helping make things go splat. Go science! Even fictional science. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: October 06, 2012, 01:46:21 pm »

(( Would anyone theoretically want the plans for the lockpick? I'll have to do it in character and all, but considering the mark 1 lockpick pulped a mark 3 suit without a problem, I can't wait to see what the mark 2 lockpick will do.))
((I wouldn't get too excited. The MKIII suit, aside from the exoskeleton, doesn't actually have any armor. Plus it would be kind of large and unwieldy, not the best qualities for a melee weapon. If I ever got a kinetic hammer, I'd probably go for a much smaller one, like one of those average claw hammers. Also, make sure to test the lockpick on a battlesuit and a robot. Finally, a rocket-assisted kinetic amp sledgehammer would be absolute murder if it flew out of your hands, which it, being rocket-assisted and a sledgehammer, is quite likely to do. Consider investing in some locking gauntlets to help with that.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:15:28 pm by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8089 on: October 06, 2012, 02:20:16 pm »

Exit Tinker.

Looks like there may be no way to do this without possible destructive consequences...

Go over the VR machine in every way possible for any kind of wireless link. Failing that, load back in and attempt to see if a copy of the program, slightly modified to work without the virtual avatar, can be loaded into a datapad.

Failing that, pull up a MkI suit and see if it can be modified to work like a VR machine, using the helmet's visor screens. Add modifications as needed.

You run over the entire surface of the machine, looking for something, anything, that looks wireless or unactivated, but find nothing that fits the bill. Stymied on that front, you go into the VR and take a look at the memory and processing capacities of both a datapad and a MK I and compare them to the memory and processing needs of the Tinker program. You find them to be very very lacking.
((@GM: I was considering something more like that:))

Check if the battlesuit is deployed in an indivudal grav chute. Also check how much it would cost to adapt its propulsion systems to a battlesuit or how much one-use rockets to dampen the impact could cost.

((My intention is checking if a BS can be deployed on its on, possibly as a smaller/less interesting target than a drop pod full of people. That and the possibility of using the BS as a projectile after slowing it down to "only" ramming speed upon descent.))
Problem with that is that there is no delivery system for such a thing on the ship. If you go on a shuttle and then eject yourself as you enter the atmosphere, that would work since the shuttle itself would have a built in grav-chute attached to you already (As all of the "seats" in the skeletal shuttles do- which was why they ejected with you in the dam mission, rather then just dropping you on your own.). As per grav-chute's, they're just single use Field manipulators that activate to lower your mass enough that it doesn't cause you harm to hit the ground and then burn out.

Jim went ahead and pressed that button, curious as to whether it would work as he didn't have a body; he was just directly connected into VR.

Inside the VR, he raised an eyebrow, but went ahead and returned the hug. "And... what have you found?" he asked, curious.
You press the button. For a moment the machine hums and then make a buzzing noise before inserting a probe directly into a port on your spine. You can, rather suddenly, feel the wind and sun on your skin and the smell of grass in the field.

"Ugh Cog you idiot. Don't mess with the person about to perform surgery on you."

Abort science! Come out of hiding, and put clothes back on. Examine things in jars.

((Whoops. Though I has put invisibility cloak, or something like that. Well never mind then.))
(oh yeah, that cloak. I just have that as in your locker. Oh well)

You come out of hiding and look at the jars. They're less jars but glass or at least glass like containers set upon pedestal like things with tubes and wires affixed to bricks of electronics that control probes within the jars. The specimens in the jars very greatly but most of them are pretty much unrecognizable or unidentifiable lumps of flesh, carapace, and viscera.
"Hmmm..... That needs more power. Lots more."

Summon small bottle of liquid nitrogen (slightly smaller than the hammer's head, think 250ml "V" can, one of the mini ones), attach a small cold tolerant pump and a small heating chamber with rocket nozzle to bottle. Implant bottle and liquid->gas heating attachment and nozzle in hammer's head, nozzle pointing out the opposite facing side from amp. Create a trigger setup on handle to release a short burst of cool but high velocity nitrogen when wanted. Trigger also attached to on/off switch, in that it won't trigger when amp is off. Nitrogen gas burst is aproximately 15ml of liquid nitrogen heated to room temperature within 0.33 seconds and released out the rocket nozzle.

"Well, I can't use the normal hammer side any more, but oh well, shit happens. The business side has more dakka."

Record and save coming test for future review. Take two more test swings at wall, near previous craters. Press gas release trigger as hammer is being swung to increase velocity of impact. Compare damage to previous two craters. Are they bigger? Summon fresh bulkhead in same position as last one. Hit bulkhead with mark 2 Kinetic Lockpick.

Attempt to find out price of parts for the Mark 1 and Mark 2 Kinetic Lockpicks. Or at least the price difference between the two (parts for nitrogen rocket nozzle insert). Save project as Mark 2 Kinetic Lockpick

"I wonder if this will even be worth it. The first lockpick pretty much did it's job. But heh, rocket assisted lockpick. Fuck yeah!"

Edit: forgot the pump bit. And that it's a lockpick, not a hammer.

Bigger edit: giving an idea of how much nitrogen I want to use per swing, and how long the burst is for. Short time, fairly high impulse gain, about 1/4 of the way through the swing of the lockpick.
The boosted hammer has a greater effect on the wall. It also produces an explosive level shockwave powerful enough to rupture your lungs and leave you suffocating on blood.

All right. I will wait for him.
A few moments later a rather giant robot wanders into the room and dumps maurice onto the floor. The doctor, still standing by the lockers, gestures to Maurice.

"You. What weapon do you want?"
Thomas glances down at himself, and the color drains from his face.He slowly cranes his head back up to look at the ceiling.
"Steve? If they're not on me, where are my clothes?"

>I believe your pants are in the armory.

Troubling.  The man who had sought guidance from him had seemingly lost his mind and slashed out that fellow's throat in an act of sudden rage.  Lars felt the need to investigate.

Follow the big robot man hauling off Maurice.
You're too slow, as the doors to the back of the infirmary close and lock behind the robot and his doctoral cargo.
Open Duel, alone, in my regular clothing.  Chop off my own head.
Your original brain dies while the body grows a new head and brain. However this brain is a blank slate, completely empty, lacking any knowledge or memory beyond simple inborn instincts.
Try to upload the painting to VR.
If unsuccessful, run off to the armory, leaving the painting in the corner for now. Talk to the AM.
"Need borrow ultra-high-res digital photo camera. Will return in minute. Please. Also, tarp."
Get the camera if she hands one over. Get tarp. If I have the camera, go to the barracks and take a picture of my painting. If not, get my suit and take a picture of my painting. Once the picture is taken, cover the painting up with the tarp. Try to upload the image into VR with the filename "The Devourer of Stars, by Stacy Buttle". Make sure it's available if you use the correct password ("sunshinelollipops").

Open Duel, alone, in my regular clothing.  Chop off my own head.

((A new head grows from the body, and boy does it look pissed.))
"Sorry, can't lend you a camera without some sort of collateral."

((Eh? When was Maurice waving his knife around? I don't remember that part. I know Simus tried to use her arm-blades at every opportunity, but I don't remember anytime Maurice used or took out his knife. Maybe to scrape a stone sample or something; was it involved with Feyri's "treatment?"

Also he did drop it when Lukas hauled him off, right?))

Faith stood there a moment longer. None of this was making any more sense. Which she supposed was par the course, but still...

First things first, she decided to type a message to Maurice. Hopefully he wouldn't be too indisposed to respond.

Maurice-

Are you okay? What happened?

Next, back to the speed bag, she supposed. A bit more exercise couldn't hurt.

...but first, she supposed she'd get Maurice's knife for him. Just in case? Now where was something to clean the human blood off it with...

Loot and clean off Maurice's knife. Message Maurice. Punch speed bag.
Maurice still has his knife. Never said he dropped it did I?
"[...]Steve! Is it possible to create a realistic experience in the VR? Meaning including the surrounding landscape as well as fully sync'ing up our bodies in reality to it?"

>Sure. There's a nerve stimulation system built into the VR. Just activate it using the button marked NS. It's on the side of the console. Then Just lay back in the chair. It should allow you to feel anything your VR avatar is feeling.

The possibilities...

ACTIVATE NS!

"And... what have you found?"

Feyri nestled her head next to her good arm on Jim's shoulder.

"You."

She tapped him once more and pointed to the sky. It was an evening purple, dotted with multiple stars that could only be seen with the absence of light pollution. The sky was ablaze with twinkling lights, most of them forming patterns to the naked eye. She could swear Steve's manipulating powers made it seem like there was a meteor shower in the horizon.

"There's beauty in all things, Jim. But a purpose is only a purpose, anything other than that is only up to your limits." She adjusted her position so as to be beside him. "Anyway, I just wanted you to see this. The night sky in all it's natural glory. Perfect for this occasion."
You activate the NS and a moment later a series of probes find their way into your spine. And then you can feel the grass and the wind and the Jim.
Gorat shakes his head. "What just... how did I... where the rifle come... didn't Charro..."

Check if it's my unused rifle. If so, bring it to the armory master to exchange it for tokens. Also, ask her:

"What's with the painting of that guy? Did he use psychotropic paints, or what?"

(I'm kind of hoping for the starfish bit; a head grows from the body and a body grows from the head.  Then the two Mesks fight to the death.)
((Try cutting yourself in half (horizontally or vertically). Just the head wouldn't make two Mesks, I think, not enough material.))
((For that matter, cutting off just the head in a real mission situation would likely only result in a clone that's certainly not Mesk, and a quite dead head that will never be Mesk again (unless brought back to the ship in time).))
It appears that it is your rifle. You shrug and head to the armory and turn your rifle in. You're about to ask your question when you notice both the man and his painting.
Take note of the statuette and head to the VR machines.
You make a mental note of the statuette's existence and then head to the VR machines.
Examine pillar to see if it could be easily climbed. If so take a moment to memorize the hand and foot holds.
It looks like you could climb the pillar, but it would be very hard. You take a moment to think about and memorize the possible ways up.
Floki sighed and stomped back over to the kitchen. "People use hammers an' shit in the kitchen, right?"

>Rummage through the place and find out.

>If no hammers are to be found, perhaps substitute a nice, hefty ladle.

>If there is really NOTHING, repeat the 'borrow someone's forhead' strategy. I gotta assert my dominance in this place, after all.

((Edit: Whoah, I just noticed- the on-Ship thread has almost caught the Mission thread in page count! :o))
(Considering there's like 20-30 posts here every time I come to reply, thats not surprising.)

The closest thing you find is a nice meat tenderizing mallet. It might work, but you're not sure how durable it is.
"Oh, thank you"

Travis pushes the box into an uninhabited part of the ship, opens the box, and goes through the imprinting process.
You shove the box-no easy task- to the hanger and open it up, pulling away the cardboard and shaped foam till your new Gunner bot, a wonderful looking great dane sized, quadrupedal mass of synthetic muscles and light armor, with a compound eye of cameras and sensors mounted on a thin, extremely flexible neck. Attached to the bot is a bit of paper tell you to hit a specific button in it's underbelly controls, just next to the built in gauss gun. You pry open the cover and press the button. The Bot's head jerks about wildly before coming to rest, looking directly at you. A thin, tinny voice announces
"Imprint complete. Master identified."

The bot rises to it's feet and stands before you, awaiting your orders.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: October 06, 2012, 02:23:26 pm »

Start up the sex simulator the AM provided in the VR system.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: October 06, 2012, 02:24:20 pm »

(( Yeah I will. Just trying to use the wall as a metric to see any improvements made. I'm hoping mark 2 does a bit better than mark 1. More angular  momentum, more mass, more velocity than the standard kinetic amp glove. Otherwise I may as well just buy a K.amp and a sledgehammer, but not combine the two. A decent test next turn, a comparison to a standard K.amp, and then a quick duel and I'll leave the project be. For the next killy thingo.
Is it wrong to spend time inventing imaginary weapons in an imaginary universe? Actually, I even worked out a pseudo-real-physics version of how to make a K.amp out of currently available technology. In the real world. Ooooohhh.
Damn, I am going to have to get another job soon :)  ))

(( Hehehehe, when an impact based weapon can kill the user due to it's concussive shockwave, you know it's good. ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:27:59 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: October 06, 2012, 02:28:57 pm »

Ask Steve for an explanation on the VR machines; more importantly, how to operate them.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: October 06, 2012, 02:43:39 pm »

Grab the guy with the painthing by the shoulder.
"You. You're the one with that painting. What. Did. You. Do? What kind of psychotropic did you mix into those paints?"

If he has the painting with him, demand that he puts it down, image facing the floor (his action had him leave the painting, but apparently I noticed it somewhere).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: October 06, 2012, 02:49:20 pm »

Climb up the pillar.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: October 06, 2012, 02:57:15 pm »

Collateral? It makes sense. After all, distrust is a core part of society. Where would we be without it? Nowhere, I say, and I say it with great conviction! Chemically-and-mechanically-induced levels of great conviction!
Hand in two tokens as collateral. If that doesn't work, hand in the MFM as well.
If I don't get a camera:
Take the tokens and MFM back and just try to upload the painting to VR straight-up.
If I do get a camera:
Get a tarp as well. Take multiple pictures of the painting with the camera, upload them to VR. See if I can't upload the painting straight-up anyway.
Somewhere during all that, Stacy faces Gorat and says "Sorry, talking hurts. Will talk short. Throat slit. Happens. Used regular paint. Drank Xeno Spit before, though. Drew what was seen. Afraid painting just that awful. Don't slit throat again, please. If you want painting, I will give after taking picture."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:06:38 pm by Harry Baldman »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: October 06, 2012, 02:57:49 pm »

Save project under Mark 2 Kinetic Lockpick, with a note attached saying "Slightly loud, wear earplugs".
De-summon wall, doors and simulcrums. Make self better (ie: be fully healed and suit have full integrity). Save current weapons layout setup and all projects under a file with the password "Ivegotabiggun".
Exit tinker.
Enter duel.

Arena: large warehouse with brick walls. 30mx30m.
Own weapon: Mark 1 Kinetic Lockpick. Mark 1 suit.
Opponents: 2 simulcrums of huggy guy. One armed with a monatomic  razor. One armed with a Kinetic Amp. Both in mark 1 suits.
Opponents set to melee combat, aggressive. 10m away from both me and each other.

Go!

I turn on my Lockpick and I charge combatant number one, swinging my Lockpick at his chest.

"Let's see what this bloody thing's like at hitting moving targets. Cuddle me will ya?"

It's a game. Have fun.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: October 06, 2012, 03:10:24 pm »

Strip out all of the other programming from the MkI computer and remove all superfluous pieces of suit. Add additional processors, memory, etc. until it can run the one program, shifting the computer to a back-mount if needed.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: October 06, 2012, 03:11:11 pm »

((I thought he mentioned dropping it or similar. Oh well, simpler for everyone I suppose.

And yeah, if anything, I'm surprised the on-ship thread is just now catching up to the mission thread. If we were still running 5-man teams I doubt it would've taken even this long.))

Return to Tinker.

Examine properties of medi-foam, in particular what it's made of and how hard it is to produce.

Search for electric-powered propulsion systems that work in a vacuum.

((Also now I can't remember just what was doing before being tackled by May. Something about battlesuits...))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: October 06, 2012, 03:12:38 pm »

(( And yes, I probably will upscale the Mark 2 for use in battlesuits and avatars of war. Because I can. And AoW's are probably one of the few things a tank commander knows will make scrap metal out of his ride. This just makes it quicker. Plus, who said the HMRC always needs to bollocks off to some weird alien planet to get some kickarse tank-busting weapons?
Oh, that's right. They did. ))

(( BTW, does anyone know how to turn off predictive text on a Nokia E63? I don't know how I turned it on, so I don't know how to turn it off. But it's annoying as hell. ))

(( Never mind. Remembered how to do it. Go to text messages and turn it off. I hope I figure out how or why I accidently turn it on sometimes. ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:26:21 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 2101