_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934458 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7845 on: October 01, 2012, 07:42:57 am »

Feyri blushed as Jim called her out on the idea, it wasn't really meant to be a joke-joke but at the time...

"Jim, wait. I-"
Spit it out, girl.
Don't shy away now!
The rest know it anyway, and don't mind Steve knowing all this!

Her mental eye shifted back to the very first mission. How the team got acquainted with each other in the shortest of intervals, and how they supported each other despite the prevailing sense of death. As she focused, the scene became clearer. Jim's corpse being one of the most vivid.

He was dead, and she knew it -- denied it in front of the rest even if it was blatantly obvious. Was it safe to tell him now?

"-I was joking about the harassment. Slip of the tongue and all. Nothing to do with my past." She glanced at her feet and sighed before turning back to Jim. "So why were you rejected? You act like any ordinary person I've met, and even more than that..."

Keep it up...

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: October 01, 2012, 07:55:11 am »

Test it out with the construction foam sabot, and then try a different one that replaces razors with lengths of monoatomic wire as long as the shell, with a ferromagnetic backplate if needed.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: October 01, 2012, 08:00:53 am »

Joyfully beckon the devourer of stars.
It's okay, Stareater. You may be hiding in the darkness, but I love you all the same. Come out and show yourself, so I may love you all the more.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: October 01, 2012, 08:13:31 am »

Every blow in a fight is made in order to kill or incapacitate the opponent. Preferably kill. Even a feint is used for the next attack to be a killer blow.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: October 01, 2012, 08:15:31 am »

Preach the good word of Steve in the Rec Room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: October 01, 2012, 10:28:01 am »

Jim shrugged. "To explain that, I'll have to explain the project first. That's easy enough; we were allowed to read up on the history of it. Spectrum Corporation got their hands on the partial DNA of an extremely intelligent man who was rumored to have psychic powers, and started a project to create clones geared exclusively for war, with specialization in using amplifiers. The first generation was, more or less, a complete failure. The clones were just average people; useful as cannon fodder, but not much else. The second generation were sort of failures; they had most of the desired capabilities, but were too willful and tried to break out, destroying part of the labs in the process."

He shifted position slightly. "So my generation is essentially a repeat of generation two, but with a few control behaviors implanted into us." He tapped the gasmask. "This is one of them. Have you ever stepped back, mentally, and examined your mannerisms and desires, but found yourself completely unable to do anything about them? That's what this mask is to me. I know I don't need it. I still want it anyway. It... makes me feel at peace." He looked down. "...We rarely took our masks off even among ourselves, and even when we did we kept them very close to hand. Normally, de-masking was a punishment. I only needed it be taken away from me once before I learned to fall in line when told to. Anyway, the original plan was for us to receive a year's worth of training and then be rented to the highest bidder as a sort of disposable mercenary force. After all, who gave a damn if we got killed completing our mission? We're just clones of a colonist who died probably a thousand years ago. But about six months into our training, the scientists found a way to create superior clones, ones who had all the mental attributes instead of just some of them. All it took was a pair of them to be created successfully before the twenty-six of us were deemed no longer necessary."

"So they told us this and that we were being sent to the HMRC. Apparently one of the scientists felt it would be a kinder fate, maybe even give us a chance at surviving." He adjusted his gasmask again, cinching the straps in the back tighter. "I'm the lucky one of the twenty six of us. I'm still alive, thanks to you, but I don't believe any of the others are." He was quiet for a few moments, watching the wind move the grass. "...That's how we ended up here, anyway. What about you? You don't seem like the kind of person who'd get 'recruited' into the HMRC."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:31:43 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: October 01, 2012, 01:49:42 pm »

"That's too bad, then. Smart fabrics struck me as a way to conveniently carry the backup, assuming proper precautions. What size and price range would we be looking at as a reasonable backup for the camera data?"

Wait for the answer.

"Thank you, officer."

Go to the rec room, look around to see who is there, light another bluesmoke, and watch TV.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: October 01, 2012, 03:40:47 pm »

Head towards the infirmary to have the Microwave Amp installed.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: October 01, 2012, 04:12:45 pm »

ADVENTURE!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7854 on: October 01, 2012, 04:46:38 pm »

"Well, this is wonderful!" Feyri checked herself in the VR if anything had changed, "Jim, what do you see?"

Also I'm back. Sorry for the 3 days of no updates for this thread. I had just enough time to hop onto the mission thread and maim a guy.
((Take your time  :D))
You look uninjured, but your arm is hanging limp because you're only wearing one glove.
Also I'm back. Sorry for the 3 days of no updates for this thread. I had just enough time to hop onto the mission thread and maim a guy.
((Welcome back and keep the score/good work at maiming up!))

Milno scratched his head. The battlesuit seemed very expensive for relatively few abilities...Maybe a look at the manual could help.

Although he seriously wondered if it had a manual. Most of their equipment seemed to lack one, and he almost didn't even bother asking. Still worth a shot, though, even if only to have another idea of what to do or ask at the armory if the VR didn't offer anything useful.

Search for a manual for the battlesuit in the VR. If nothing is found, move over to the armory.
"Does the battlesuit have a manual I can borrow?"
You find no manuals in the VR so you head to armory and quiz the armory master about the Battlesuit.

"No manual, but I suppose I can answer some questions about them, if you need to know something. "
((Glad to have you back. Hope whatever was keeping you was enjoyable, at least.))

"Ohhh," Faith said, thinking she understood. Her brow furrowed a moment later. "Who's he teaching?"

Thanking the AM, she then put her empty box away and began moving back to the rec room, hoping the... incident had passed.

"And by the way, how's the current mission going? Who's on it, anyway?"

Ask about disciple and mission. Survey rec room.

>Renen. As per that Mission, dunno how it's going, the planet is terrible when it comes to distortion. And the guys there are basically just all the new meat and bishop.

You head back to the rec room and look around. Looks like may is still around, but she seems to be writhing in a corner rather then attempting to grope anyone.
"Ah, well.  Too bad."
To Tinker yet again!  Load up a standard MkII Suit, find the power source, and hook the exterior of the suit up to said power source.  Once that's done, test the suit, see if I've properly electrified myself.
You electrocute yourself and die as the electrical power burns you into a lump of charcoal.
Lactate pure decapitation.
Your head falls off. This was a terrible idea!
(( Welcome back! :) ))
Maurice shook his head. Gene therapy, not so good.
Check the results of injecting the undifferentiated cells near a wound. Also, look up ways of delivering the undifferentiated cells to an injured person other than putting him in a goo tank.
Compare the use of the synthetic (bio-gel, possibly other variants) and natural undifferentiated cells. Also, what exactly does the 'synthetic' in case of the bio-gel mean - how is it produced?

Injecting synthetic or artificial undifferentiated cells doesn't seem to have any effect, at least no notable one. It appears that the Bio-gel isn't just the artificially grown, genetically modified and "strengthened" cells, but a slurry of growth mediums, nutrients, pain killers and dozens of other drugs that work in concert to produce the regenerative effects.
"I see everything much better with this on." Jim reached up and adjusted his gasmask slightly. It felt good to have normal sized arms again, and to be looking at Feyri from behind mirrored lenses. He breathed a deep - if muffled - sigh of relief. "Apparently our vital data was entered into the computer when the third generation was first shipped to the HMRC. Spectrum Corporation probably provided it as a freebie, maybe even to use as an opponent in VR simulations. In the real world, I prefer the combat platform I was put into, but in here, where there's no real danger... it's nice to be me again. You wanted a dinner, right?"

Jim took off his trenchcoat and put it on the grass for them to sit on, before doing so himself with his legs crossed lotus-style and his elbows resting on his knees. "I'm going to see if I can spawn some food in... it won't be real or filling or anything like that, but... at least you can get better grub in here than in the real world, and at least I can eat something with you." He reached up and unfastened the strap holding the filter to the gasmask, then pulled it off and let it hang away. It was odd to have even a quarter of his face exposed, but if he was going to eat something there was nothing for it.

Jim spawns in a standard picnic basket filled with the usual sort of picnic food: sandwiches, sodas, that sort of thing.

(No problem with the wait, Piecewise. Glad to have you back. ^^^)
You spawn a picnic basket and a nice blanket to sit on. You keep a keen eye out for bears in ties and hats.
Lily was impressed by the HMRC's selection.
Set filters for compatibility with the laser rifle and cost 3 or less tokens
spawn 3 laser rifles
  • 1 extra focusing chamber
  • 2 extra FCs
[/b]
You spawn your three lasers and narrow the search parameters. Hmm still quite a few. What kind of magnification would you like? and should it be a digital scope or analog? And Should it have any special features like aim assist? Hmm.
"Barracks. Moving on."

Continue through the vents, stopping at each grill and examining the room below.
You scramble around, finding all the rooms you know, but can't find anything new. You do, however, find what seems to be the source of the air for the vents: a small pipe behind a grate near one of the vents.
Test it out with the construction foam sabot, and then try a different one that replaces razors with lengths of monoatomic wire as long as the shell, with a ferromagnetic backplate if needed.
The razors work fairly well, though they're amazingly erratic in their flight paths, blowing out in a wide cone. The monoatomic filament proves more difficult to handle. It simply "falls" through the foam, slicing down under gravity alone, severs your coils and comes to rest against the barrel of the gun.
Joyfully beckon the devourer of stars.
It's okay, Stareater. You may be hiding in the darkness, but I love you all the same. Come out and show yourself, so I may love you all the more.
[will:5]
You drift closer to the thing waiting in the darkness, the thing blotting out the stars. It writhes, unimaginable in size, hundreds of light years across, the vague outline of endless gaping maws snapping hungrily at the vacuum visible from the stars beside it.
Every blow in a fight is made in order to kill or incapacitate the opponent. Preferably kill. Even a feint is used for the next attack to be a killer blow.
"Good. Good. Every slash is to cut. What dictates your choice of weapon?"
Preach the good word of Steve in the Rec Room.
[speech:6]
"Hear me brothers, for I speak the truth of Steve! Do thine best in your works least your brainstem gets right fucked up."

"That's too bad, then. Smart fabrics struck me as a way to conveniently carry the backup, assuming proper precautions. What size and price range would we be looking at as a reasonable backup for the camera data?"

Wait for the answer.

"Thank you, officer."

Go to the rec room, look around to see who is there, light another bluesmoke, and watch TV.
"oh, 4 inches tall, 6 wide, 8 long. About 5 token."

You head to the rec room, lighting a smoke against the wall on the way, and flop down on the new couch to watch tv. The Tv is off, but the remote is on the floor next to you.
Head towards the infirmary to have the Microwave Amp installed.
A helpful nurse takes your card and promptly jams a needle in your neck. You wake up later, dazed and with a throbbing headache in a hospital bed.
ADVENTURE!
You look for your shape shifting dog. Oh Gob, where did he go?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: October 01, 2012, 04:50:06 pm »

Pick up head, try to find Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: October 01, 2012, 05:09:00 pm »

((Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. ))
Hmmm... It is amazing. So much knowledge, just at your fingertips... though it's harder than I imagined it from Simulacrus's comments. Oh well, time will tell whether I can or cannot succeed.
Exit the VR. Listen to Brother Lars's sermon unless it's already over - in that case just go to the cafeteria.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: October 01, 2012, 05:10:28 pm »

Respawn.
"I don't regenerate in VR?"
Chop off a finger to make sure.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: October 01, 2012, 05:49:09 pm »

Faith grimaced. Entirely new meat?

"Wow. Uh. I hate to be morose, but... would you accept wagers that at least half the squad will suffer crippling injuries or worse?"

She began poking at the gym equipment while talking. She really needed to do something physical outside missions; all that sitting in VR couldn't be very healthy.

Ask Steve, look for exercises that increase Dex.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: October 01, 2012, 06:08:32 pm »

((What are the pros/cons of analog vs digital? Special features sound out of my current price range, maybe later. Magnification, hmm, lets try between X6 and X12.))

((Does taking a turn to aim and line up a shot confer any bonus?))
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 2101