_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937763 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7020 on: September 14, 2012, 07:29:56 am »

(( Also do energy shields and inertial dampeners exist in this? And is it possible for me to carry spare fuel for the bot myself? ))

((If they do, which I very, very highly doubt, they will likely be extremely unreliable/weak, expensive, and power-hungry. The less unreliable/weak it is, if it exists at all, will simply excaberate the latter two issues.

Also, I think there will only ever be one of this bot, if any, and that's the prototype. It's gonna be expensive.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: September 14, 2012, 07:39:36 am »

(( Also do energy shields and inertial dampeners exist in this? And is it possible for me to carry spare fuel for the bot myself? ))

((Energy shields and dampeners probably don't exist due to them being an awfully vague form of phlebotinum. And the only vague form of phlebotinum around here is the mysterious FM and PKA magic, which can deflect projectiles and possibly bend light if you use them right (getting an automated form of those would probably cost great huge piles of money, I think).
Also, if anyone ever builds that bot, it is so going to explode in the first few minutes of the mission. And carrying explosive chemicals with you is probably not the best idea.
Finally, have you thought about using the same power source that suits have? That seems to work well. Or you could put in a miniature nuclear reactor. After all, no Cyberdisk is complete without a ridiculous self-destruct mechanism that obliterates a good chunk of the surrounding area!))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:50:11 am by Harry Baldman »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7022 on: September 14, 2012, 07:44:57 am »

Thank the nurse. Get into the fight ring and await a challenger.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: September 14, 2012, 07:45:39 am »

Lars frowns, but nods in the general direction of Steve.

"Thanks for the advice- you are probably correct.  Well, that gives me something to save up for, I suppose."

He thanks the AM as well, then
heads to VR, marks his design as public, then goes back to the Hexbarax scenario again, this time with a battlesuit and cutting laser.  Same drop location.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:02 am »

Bishop leaned out of the VR machine for a second, flipping the helmet up to see the man he was beginning to nickname Jaws.

"You seen the guy with the weird skin in one of the VR's? He used to look just like us before he volunteered for a experimental therapy that was to create armor in your skin and stuff. I even heard that he once turned a really messed up guy into an albino bimbo freak of some kind, but I don't know the specifics. She's on a mission by the way, so if she comes back alive, why don't you talk to her?

Also, the doc handles all the genetic therapies that are for sale in the armory. I've already had two of those."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: September 14, 2012, 09:23:18 am »

Change settings to have the UWM and Altered are armed with guass and laser rifles with a hundred gauss cannons also reduce numbers to 1000 UWM/Altered and 1000 Sectoids/lizardmen with starting weapons they had at the start of XCOM.

((Im seeing what a battle bettween the UWM/Altered and Aliens from XCOM would be like.))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:29:44 am by Tavik Toth »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7026 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:19 am »

Let's go with an equal mix of the three drugs, then, diluted enough that overdose wont be a problem.
Alright, it might not be the most effective like that, but it's possible to do it.

Investigate further! Reveal thy mysteries to me, you highly explosive piece of junk!
Only get the one unless you do discover something new to go on. Otherwise you could just keep spamming it and the roll would have no point.

"Huh. That went better than expected."

Inspect surroundings
You're at the bottom of a fairly large pit created by the collapsed Mall, walls of rubble all around you. A few rather confused zombies are looking down into the pit, occasionally tumbling in with a feeble groan and landing near you.

"Dangnabbit, why doesn't anybody want to partake in ultra-violence? I thought that that's what people do in prison!"

Lament the unfortunate lack of violent criminals in my vicinity. Head to the infirmary and ask if they have any corpses they'd be willing to spare. Or if they'd be willing to let me into the meat locker or something.
You head to the infirmary and ask about a free corpse. They ask you to leave.

So you both try to kill me, and then start a lecture on brawling? It wasn't a battle, it was a fight, and so long as no one uses mechanical jaws to maim someone, and some wise guy doesn't go around exploding hearts, it would've remained a fight until someone walked away the victor had you not "intervened". You clearly saw that a one-on-one fight was taking place without arms and certainly no intention to kill. I even declared I was searching for a friendly duel in a previous post. Then you two attempt to murder me, back-to-back, with your teeth and your kung-fu. That pisses me off. It really does. Especially since you've lost me my fight, and now you're trying to drag me places I don't want to go to, nor need to be at. Just get off of me okay? I'll find someone else to fight. Or maybe one of you will drop the shenanigans and we'll settle this for real.

((I guess this was all just a big misunderstanding, then. As far as I saw it, you were just being violent for the sake of hurting people. And the jaw-thing was just me trying to intimidate you out of continuing the fight. Never intended on really using them, that would've ended horribly. So yeah, no hard feelings mate.  :) ))

(To Bishop over radio): 'So, you're telling me that weird doctor did this to other people before me? Because all I asked of him was to fix my broken teeth, and next thing I know, I'm the human bear trap.'

Go over to the guy selling alien tech, ask for the prices, then examine all the different seals, noting the variables there are (color, shape and with or without horizontal line, right?) Be sure not to open up any!

'Hey, you have any idea what these seals mean?' He asked the person selling these.

The available variables are
Colors: Red,Blue,Purple,Green, Gold

Symbols:circle,square,triangle,pentagon,hexagon,heptagon

Modifiers: Vertical line,horizontal line, diagonal line

"All I know about them," The man says, "Is that small is 3, medium is 5, large is 10."

D*MNIT! Die! Kill him!
[dex:4]
[dummy dex:6]

[dummy con:5]
The dummy presses the barrel of his rifle to your chest as you start to stand up. A moment later your insidey bits are now outsidey bits.

GAME OVER

Input the new specs then run a full set of tests again and check how much damage the armor can absorb.

"Disc shaped.
4 Generators each giving 10 TPU per second.
6 Hand Lasers 3 upgraded for increased power and range and 3 standard spread evenly around the bot.
Long range camera system and a thermal camera system in a dome on the bottom of the disk that can rotate 360 degrees.
Wireless uplink system directly to my HUD.
Battle suit armor.
Thruster propulsion system.
Standard fuel tank and a small reserve tank.
1 100 TPU capacitor.

Program it to send me a signal when it accesses the reserve fuel or upon receiving any damage.
Program it to keep the capacitor full at all times and to automatically shunt power from it if a generator is damaged.
"

Seems like it's armor could let it survive a couple of gauss rounds or some sustained laser fire.

As per "energy shields"  The closest we got are the automated Field manipulators, which will block a hit  without it actually ever touching you. But they're limited in the number of times that they'll work. And yeah, you can carry more fuel tanks if you want. You'd either need some some form of refueling system so you could refuel using the carried tanks or open the thing up to replace them, but you can do it, sure.

Thank the nurse. Get into the fight ring and await a challenger.
You head to the sparring ring and make threatening gestures while awaiting an opponent.

Lars frowns, but nods in the general direction of Steve.

"Thanks for the advice- you are probably correct.  Well, that gives me something to save up for, I suppose."

He thanks the AM as well, then
heads to VR, marks his design as public, then goes back to the Hexbarax scenario again, this time with a battlesuit and cutting laser.  Same drop location.

You boot up the program and get yourself a battlesuit and a cutting laser, spawning on the battlefield maybe a half mile from the front.

The multi-monitor wide viewscreen of the battlesuit clicks on with an electrical whir and the various buttons and controls around the cockpit light up and glow gently. You slip your hands into the mechanical response gloves, clenching and relaxing your hands and watching the machine mimic you. The system seems to be running at flawlessly.

Change settings to have the UWM and Altered are armed with guass and laser rifles with a hundred gauss cannons also reduce numbers to 1000 UWM/Altered and 1000 Sectoids/lizardmen with starting weapons they had at the start of XCOM.

((Im seeing what a battle bettween the UWM/Altered and Aliens from XCOM would be like.))
Oh, so you want the UWM and the Altered to be working together vs the xcom guys?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:37:56 pm by piecewise »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: September 14, 2012, 11:59:46 am »

((Yeah.))

Hum the XCOM theme if possible while waiting.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:11:40 pm by Tavik Toth »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: September 14, 2012, 12:11:43 pm »

"Oh, come on, what do you need corpses for, anyway? Can't I just have one? I need to practice, uh, medicine on it."
Ask nicely and reason with the nice medical professionals.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:15:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: September 14, 2012, 12:18:38 pm »

Examine all the settings on the battlesuit while approaching the front at a steady pace.

"All I know about them," The man says, "Is that small is 2, medium is 5, large is 10."

((Weren't the little ones three?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: September 14, 2012, 12:32:07 pm »

Ok...

Exist the VR. Look for the doctor. Ask:

Hey Doc, Can I know your name? Just to search for the weapons you made on the VR. And do you prefer melee or ranged weaponry? Common or Uncommon? Can you give any tips about swordfighting? Or any type of melee fighting, even bare fisted?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: September 14, 2012, 12:35:31 pm »

Add an extra layer of armor around the fuel tanks. Double the fuel tank size then test how long the fuel will last and the speed and maneuverabillity of the bot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: September 14, 2012, 12:56:57 pm »

"All I know about them," The man says, "Is that small is 2, medium is 5, large is 10."
((Weren't the little ones three?))
((Shhhh! Don't you know anything about haggling?! :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: September 14, 2012, 02:03:12 pm »

Finalize the design, save it, exit VR, look around the Rec Room.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: September 14, 2012, 02:47:59 pm »

"Huh. One more test, then time to see what makes these thing tick."

Summon another steel block, and heat it to around two thousand degrees Celsius, and shoot it. After that, explode a Red shell and look at its components.

((I like the look of these. Cracking Battlesuit armor and damaging the Avatars cloak? Awsome!))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:52:09 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 2101