_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935558 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #6870 on: September 10, 2012, 07:42:53 pm »

Jim put it away and continued to wait for cheezburgers.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: September 10, 2012, 08:10:44 pm »

((Mesor, what you are making is rapidly going from recon drone to miniature, remote-controlled gunship.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: September 10, 2012, 08:11:31 pm »

((Mesor, what you are making is rapidly going from recon drone to miniature, remote-controlled gunship.))
((If it works...

*shrugs*

It works.  :P Expect high prices if it does.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: September 10, 2012, 08:41:27 pm »

(( Hey i never said it was only going to be a recon drone.
And it wont be remote controlled by the time im done it'll have a nice combat AI in it.
Just for that extra personality that comes from a trigger happy flying weapons platform with a bad attitude.
Come on thats gotta be worth a prototype :) A fast heavily armored heavily armored flying weapons platform with an itchy trigger circuit. ))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:43:55 pm by mesor »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: September 10, 2012, 08:43:56 pm »

((My rifle has 5 focusing chambers arranged in a row of three and a row of two with the three on the bottom. And for the missing me, I was talking to Irony. Should have made that clearer.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:35 pm »

(( O also this is only the basic build i want for testing. If it works out well im going to build a bigger much more heavily armed version.
Im thinking bomb compartment 20+ laser weapons of various strengths and ranges and a nuclear generator to power it so if all else fails i can atomize a small country. ))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: September 10, 2012, 08:51:24 pm »

((Uhh I think you may be going for "cool points" rather than practicality. In all likelihood this is going to crash, get shot down, or get lost five minutes into the mission. Plus being just about the same price as the Sword.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: September 10, 2012, 08:53:29 pm »

(( Thats why im going to thoroughly test it first and ive got some programming to do once the bot itself is built.
Im not gonna risk any stupid glitches. But hey it'll be worth it if it works out. ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: September 10, 2012, 08:57:06 pm »

(( Thats why im going to thoroughly test it first and ive got some programming to do once the bot itself is built.
Im not gonna risk any stupid glitches. But hey it'll be worth it if it works out. ))
((Wouldn't it be smarter to have a swarm of smaller ones, each with maybe a laser pistol, rather than one highly-explosive, heavily armed, and overweighted one? Because in order to support that much weaponry, you'd need a tank.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: September 10, 2012, 08:58:23 pm »

(( Im thinking of the massively over sized one being an aerial version of the APC but that is a long long time away. For now i need to get this one designed and virtual tested and then get a working version of it for field testing. ))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:00:21 pm by mesor »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26:38 pm »

Bishop nodded and relaxed his stance.

"Yeah, I need to work on my coordination. Thanks for the help Doc."

As he begins to leave, Bishop turns to the doctor.

"I've been wondering how the subdermal armor is going along? Is it feasible for use on internal organs? Also, can you give me a list of points that can be targeted on the human body for maximum effect in a fight? That would be really handy."

Talk to the Doctor as I leave.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: September 10, 2012, 09:45:34 pm »

Again!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: September 10, 2012, 10:36:24 pm »

((Thanks Irony!  Now I have it reinforced for me how much I need to NOT try any med rolls.))

Scan for Altered within effective range- if none, continue forward until that changes.  If so, take aim at the largest not bigger than a large SUV or so and open fire!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: September 10, 2012, 11:33:02 pm »

"Thanks, Ms. Armory Master! You're a peach."
Write heartfelt, moving apology on cardstock. Explain how the mind-violation was an accident and will not happen again. Also, mention how even if she does not accept the apology, it would be great if she didn't hurt the placemat, since it took a bit of work to make and hasn't done any harm to anyone. Sign my name on the bottom of the text.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6884 on: September 11, 2012, 12:16:09 am »

Take a nap. Don't bother looking for a place to lie down.
You pass out  where you're standing and just thump down in a pile on the floor.

Try again on subjects wearing MkI, MkII, and MkIII armour.  Increase the muzzle velocity on the rifle for each armour until the dart penetrates, and note the minimum velocity for the darts to penetrate each armour type.
At the speeds needed to penetrate the armor the dart itself tends to shatter, not to mention the energy in the spring needs to be rather dangerously high. So if you want to inject medicine by firing drug coated glass shrapnel into their abdominal cavity, then you're good.

(( Only 4 generators but i get your point but given the risk of damage a slight loss in effectiveness seems like a fair price to pay for a redundant power system in case of damage. ))

Input the new specs and begin a fresh set of tests

"4 Generators each giving 10 TPU per second.
4 Hand Lasers 2 upgraded for increased power and range and 2 standard 1 of each per wing.
Long range camera system and a thermal camera system.
Wireless uplink system directly to my HUD.
Light but durable armor skin.
Thruster propulsion system.
Double sized fuel tanks with a small reserve tank.
1 100 TPU capacitor.

Have each wing's weapons run off 1 generator and run the bots other electronic systems off the remaining two generators.
Spare charge is to be directed to the capacitor until it is full.
Also add a program that will automatically shunt power from the capacitor to any system that's generator's are damaged and will alert me to the damage.
"
Are you really sure you want this hawk shaped? Because all this is fine but jamming it into a hawk is...well not easy. A sphere or something would maneuver much better in all directions. 

((My rifle has 5 focusing chambers arranged in a row of three and a row of two with the three on the bottom. And for the missing me, I was talking to Irony. Should have made that clearer.))
Ah ok, I remember now. Sorry, I sometimes forget without a bit of prompting.  As per how much power your rifle can take without failing, roughly twice as much as the normal battery, but it will begin to degrade.

((Uhh I think you may be going for "cool points" rather than practicality. In all likelihood this is going to crash, get shot down, or get lost five minutes into the mission. Plus being just about the same price as the Sword.))
This is an important point. If there is any trait that a soldier destined to survive will have it's pragmatism.

Bishop nodded and relaxed his stance.

"Yeah, I need to work on my coordination. Thanks for the help Doc."

As he begins to leave, Bishop turns to the doctor.

"I've been wondering how the subdermal armor is going along? Is it feasible for use on internal organs? Also, can you give me a list of points that can be targeted on the human body for maximum effect in a fight? That would be really handy."

Talk to the Doctor as I leave.
"Don't know. Need to check on test subject data. You could go look at him if you're interested. "

(as per that list of weak points, I'll tell you how that would work now. Right now you'd do a med check, with that list you would to a Int check to remember them. That ok? If so, consider you have it)

Again!
[Dex:2]
[dummy dex:6]
[dummy str:6]
The dummy side steps your next blow and brings his cutlass down onto the top of your head, carving it nearly in two.
GAME OVER

((Thanks Irony!  Now I have it reinforced for me how much I need to NOT try any med rolls.))

Scan for Altered within effective range- if none, continue forward until that changes.  If so, take aim at the largest not bigger than a large SUV or so and open fire!
You can't really get a good shot at anything from this angle, least nothing suv sized, because of the men in front of you. However, moving forward presents a problem because, well, trenches. And you're not large enough to just roll over them. Hmm.

A ballistic tooth ricochets off your armor plating, leaving a noticeable dent.

"Thanks, Ms. Armory Master! You're a peach."
Write heartfelt, moving apology on cardstock. Explain how the mind-violation was an accident and will not happen again. Also, mention how even if she does not accept the apology, it would be great if she didn't hurt the placemat, since it took a bit of work to make and hasn't done any harm to anyone. Sign my name on the bottom of the text.
You write out your card and then sign your name at the bottom, adding a kiss just so she understands how heart felt it is.

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 2101