_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935676 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #6855 on: September 10, 2012, 02:27:00 pm »

Remove the tranquilizer drug and replace it with a coagulant booster.  Open Duel, spawn the tranq coagulant gun.  Spawn a non-hostile man and a scalpel for myself, cut a deep wound on the guy, then walk a bit away and shoot him with the needle gun.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: September 10, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »

Would you like these to be guaranteed 5's just to see what happens, or would you like to roll like normal?

Guaranteed 5's would be nice, i'm really just trying to get a feel of how to use the microwave thingy

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: September 10, 2012, 02:32:42 pm »

I suppose I could allow the nurse to rip the flowers off my hands as compensation, but that would really hurt, so I'm going to have to go with a no on that.
Approach Armory Master.
"Hey, Ms. Armory Master, could you please remove these flowers from my hands? I could rip them off, but they're real nice and I don't want to damage them. It's for a good cause, you see. I did a bad thing by accident, and I'd like to make it up to the victim."
Ask. If she removes the flowers safely, ask for some flower-scented perfume to scent the flowers. Scent the flowers with it if I get any. Also, ask for a "Get Well Soon" card and a pen. Make sure I got the placemat back from Havel.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:35:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: September 10, 2012, 03:00:09 pm »

'Goddammit, seems like there's no way to make this easier. You'd think someone would've figured this out by now...
Guess I'll have to start working on my other idea, then.'

Send following message to AM:

Code: [Select]
Hello there, would you be so kind to provide me with some information? I'd like to know:

1: Which weapons only need energy to operate?
2: Out of these, which one's batteries can be recharged?
3: What weapons get 'degraded' over time, and what parts degrade?

Thanks in advance

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: September 10, 2012, 03:17:50 pm »

Lars frowned a bit.  A bit farther behind lines than he meant!  Oh well.

Hop on the lasertrack and trundle forward to a position capable of firing upon the Altered.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: September 10, 2012, 03:52:24 pm »

jsut anywhere the bombs can be hiden but still destroy the place.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: September 10, 2012, 04:24:13 pm »

Spoiler: Fresh Meat (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, couldn't get anyone's equipment, if they've got any, and this sort of comparison is generally less useful with noobs than more established players, I think.

I also included Brother Lars because I felt bad about omitting him earlier just because he didn't have a cheatsheet.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: September 10, 2012, 04:28:54 pm »

Remove the Rifle's and add 2 Hand lasers to each wing. Connect each of these 4 to a generator capable of running 2 hand lasers on its own. Put in 4 of these generators. Set 2 as primary power for the lasers and the second 2 as a reserve power source for the entire bot. Set the 2 reserve generators to charge a capacitor for use in emergencies. Remove the hand laser's battery's and then look for a way to enhance the hand laser's effective fire range and its damage.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:38:25 pm by mesor »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: September 10, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »

"Dammit Steve! Fine I give up. Tell me when the Doc is free. I'm off to the VR machines."

Enter a VR machine and open up a new Tinker sim. Load up my rifle and start testing to see how much power it can take without failing.

((I think you missed me.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: September 10, 2012, 04:37:09 pm »

Reload the simulation with an active, level 2 target, both of us armed with cutlasses. I try to cut open its chest mainly, focusing more on power than on accuracy.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: September 10, 2012, 05:30:19 pm »

Keep trying.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6866 on: September 10, 2012, 07:13:30 pm »

Remove the tranquilizer drug and replace it with a coagulant booster.  Open Duel, spawn the tranq coagulant gun.  Spawn a non-hostile man and a scalpel for myself, cut a deep wound on the guy, then walk a bit away and shoot him with the needle gun.
Assuming the man isn't wearing too heavy of clothing for the syringe to penetrate the syringe strikes and delivers its drug, stopping the man from bleeding, assuming it's delivered in the correct amount. 

Would you like these to be guaranteed 5's just to see what happens, or would you like to roll like normal?

Guaranteed 5's would be nice, i'm really just trying to get a feel of how to use the microwave thingy
Heating the chemicals in the battery causes them to react faster and produce more energy, which in turn does cause the gun to overload.

The grenade does not explode when heated, melting before reacting.

I suppose I could allow the nurse to rip the flowers off my hands as compensation, but that would really hurt, so I'm going to have to go with a no on that.
Approach Armory Master.
"Hey, Ms. Armory Master, could you please remove these flowers from my hands? I could rip them off, but they're real nice and I don't want to damage them. It's for a good cause, you see. I did a bad thing by accident, and I'd like to make it up to the victim."
Ask. If she removes the flowers safely, ask for some flower-scented perfume to scent the flowers. Scent the flowers with it if I get any. Also, ask for a "Get Well Soon" card and a pen. Make sure I got the placemat back from Havel.
The armory master removes your flowers via removing the very top layer of your skin, leaving you with several flower shaped, pinkish areas on your hands. Huh. You get the placemat back, scent the flowers with the closest thing to perfume they have: Air freshener, and are handed a piece of cardstock and a pen in lieu of a actual card.

'Goddammit, seems like there's no way to make this easier. You'd think someone would've figured this out by now...
Guess I'll have to start working on my other idea, then.'

Send following message to AM:

Code: [Select]
Hello there, would you be so kind to provide me with some information? I'd like to know:

1: Which weapons only need energy to operate?
2: Out of these, which one's batteries can be recharged?
3: What weapons get 'degraded' over time, and what parts degrade?

Thanks in advance

Hand laser
Laser rifle
Tesla Arc
Cutting Laser
High Energy projector
Plasma Projector
Fission Instigator
Kinetic Amplifier
Tesla Sabre

2. In terms of standard batteries
Hand laser
Cutting Laser
Plasma Projector
Kinetic Amplifier
Tesla Sabre

3. Anything that is single use degrades, however, of the weapons listed above none of them degrade, because none of the ones that do have rechargeable batteries. As per what degrades, well practically everything. The parts are kept so cheap that they fall apart through use.

Lars frowned a bit.  A bit farther behind lines than he meant!  Oh well.

Hop on the lasertrack and trundle forward to a position capable of firing upon the Altered.
You hop on the Lasertrack and trundle along toward the front lines at the fastest slow jog speed the thing can handle. You roll up to the front lines about 10 minutes later, pulling to a stop just behind the last trench. The actual fighting looks to be happening several trenches forward, but the occasional volley of bone shards and ballistic teeth still tear through the mud and the men around you.

jsut anywhere the bombs can be hiden but still destroy the place.
Alright, just be aware that if this were a real mission you can't just say "Put them somewhere." you have to actually say specifically were.

You covertly hide the bombs around the area.

Remove the Rifle's and add 2 Hand lasers to each wing. Connect each of these 4 to a generator capable of running 2 hand lasers on its own. Put in 4 of these generators. Set 2 as primary power for the lasers and the second 2 as a reserve power source for the entire bot. Set the 2 reserve generators to charge a capacitor for use in emergencies. Remove the hand laser's battery's and then look for a way to enhance the hand laser's effective fire range and its damage.
Generators kinda lose their edge in effectiveness when you add 5 redundant ones but no matter. As per making those laser better, focusing arrays could do that, but they're kind of fragile, being specially made lenses and all.

"Dammit Steve! Fine I give up. Tell me when the Doc is free. I'm off to the VR machines."

Enter a VR machine and open up a new Tinker sim. Load up my rifle and start testing to see how much power it can take without failing.

((I think you missed me.))
(which rifle is that?)
(Also, I'm pretty sure I got you, otherwise why would you be yelling about steve?)

Reload the simulation with an active, level 2 target, both of us armed with cutlasses. I try to cut open its chest mainly, focusing more on power than on accuracy.
[dex:3]
[dummy dex:2]
[str:4]
You manage to cut a shallow gash in the dummy's chest, drawing blood but not doing any real damage.

Keep trying.
[exo:2+1]
No change.
[exo:2+1+1]
You get it to a reasonable sharpness.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6867 on: September 10, 2012, 07:20:06 pm »

Take a nap. Don't bother looking for a place to lie down.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: September 10, 2012, 07:24:11 pm »

Try again on subjects wearing MkI, MkII, and MkIII armour.  Increase the muzzle velocity on the rifle for each armour until the dart penetrates, and note the minimum velocity for the darts to penetrate each armour type.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:59 pm »

(( Only 4 generators but i get your point but given the risk of damage a slight loss in effectiveness seems like a fair price to pay for a redundant power system in case of damage. ))

Input the new specs and begin a fresh set of tests

"4 Generators each giving 10 TPU per second.
4 Hand Lasers 2 upgraded for increased power and range and 2 standard 1 of each per wing.
Long range camera system and a thermal camera system.
Wireless uplink system directly to my HUD.
Light but durable armor skin.
Thruster propulsion system.
Double sized fuel tanks with a small reserve tank.
1 100 TPU capacitor.

Have each wing's weapons run off 1 generator and run the bots other electronic systems off the remaining two generators.
Spare charge is to be directed to the capacitor until it is full.
Also add a program that will automatically shunt power from the capacitor to any system that's generator's are damaged and will alert me to the damage.
"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:32:24 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 2101