_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937204 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6750 on: September 07, 2012, 06:59:07 am »

"Well, I can offer some advice if you want, but we don't have any manuals."

Some Advice would be great! Anything would help really, because I'm not really used to being able to do things by thinking about them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Havel, The reverse prostitute
« Reply #6751 on: September 07, 2012, 09:12:32 am »

Now, there are a few options here. Cutting laser is a good standby,but you could also go with an anti-debris laser. They're rather odd things, very thick beams designed to make things molten and soft rather then just cut through em.

((Given this is VR, the choice is easy.))

Action:  Spawn another hover platform, and fashion a turret out of both a cutting laser and a anti-debris laser.  Test them out on a stationary Mk III suit and a battlesuit.

((Here's what I'm picturing:  A laser turret with attached generator all mounted on a hover platform.  It'd be easy enough for one man to push/pull around reasonable distances (Like the first few missions, but maybe not the current one.)  When needed, the gunner can point it in the appropriate direction and fire lasery death out the other end, which a much stronger laser than normally considered man-portable.  There'd be a minor amount of armor on it, enough to give the gunner basic cover but not to stand up to concentrated heavy fire.  The generator is attached to keep ammo from being a concern. When done, it can be moved on to the next encounter.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 07, 2012, 10:39:38 am »

Tesla saber time.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6753 on: September 07, 2012, 11:21:22 am »

"I choose red!" Timmy shouts needlessly.
Choose the red surface. Play! Play with the utmost enthusiasm and with great gusto!
((The doctor seems to have an absurd bonus to dexterity and a decompensator to boot. Good to know. Must be why the roll for when he sliced off Cloud's hand wasn't even shown.))
You choose the red side and slap the ready button.

"I WILL KILL YOU TO DEATH OVER THIS CHILDREN'S GAME!"

Slip the suit on and marvel in its awesome glory. Regain your senses and head to the med bay. See whats going on around the place.
(The actual mechanism of firing the thing is still unclear by the way. Do you have a physical trigger, is it voice activated? How do you tell it to fire? )
You make sure the system is turned off before you wander to the med by and look whats happening. Doesn't seem to be much going on around, just the normal nurses and doctors wandering around taking care of walking dead people.

Hmm.  Let's just armour them all in MkI suits, arm them with an assortment of every conventional weapon under ten tokens that would have been available in that era, arm myself with a LESHO rifle, scrap the armoury, then let themselves sort themselves into squads, hopefully at least semi-intelligently.  Then start the battle.
Ok, what kind of increments do you want me to run this in? Should I just play out the whole simulation and tell you how you did? Should I stop it whenever a group engages in combat? Should I play out maybe in 5 minute chunks?

And those altered, you want them to be all roughly the same size or should there be a good amount of variety?

Lukas examines the new guy that just joined him in watching television. "Hi, my name is Lukas. A pleasure to meet you."

Examine and introduce myself to the new guy (he is still there, right?)
(It's Timmy you're talking about, I believe, and he's gone to play air hockey)

The man seems to have left, wandered off to do something.

Bishop sighed and raised his arms in a blocking position either side of his body.

"Not really, but I don't have much choice in that matter. Don't break anything vital to the training, ok?"

Go full defensive and back up a bit. Watch his body posture for a clue of when he would attack.
[dex:4]
[Doc Dex:5]
[doc str:5]
You fade back and do your best to dodge. You almost manage it too, jumping back and away from the brunt of his rather mild strike, but he still makes contact.

"Good. The key to an unbeatable defense is knowing what the opponent will do before they do. Predictive dodging will allow you to lessen your reliance on pure reaction and create strategic opportunities. Not to mention scare people."

intuitive evasion (Used rather then actively attacking. Roll a intution check in addition to a dex check. If results are above 3 get +1 to dex for each number above 3. If 3 or below, get -1 for 3 and an addtional -1 of each number below. Ie 5= +2, 3=-1, 1=-3. A successful evasion this way will put the enemy off balance and put you in a adventageous position)

Begin looking at sources of propulsion that will allow much greater maneuverability
as in just better rockets or entirely different technology?

Jim noted with a :C expression that the AM didn't really answer his second question, but something else caught his attention instead. He turned to the new guy, his emoticon changing to a :). "That's a stroke of luck, then. I just happen to be free right now. I'm Spectrum Corporation Psychic Soldier Project Subject Nineteen, Generation 3, but most people just call me Jim." He didn't offer to shake, considering that his synthflesh hand was large enough to dwarf the man's and he didn't want to accidentally crush him straight off. "Anyway, you're wanting a sword, right? What would you like?" Jim asked.

(Also, sorry PW. I just have really shit memory and I hate looking things up when I forget, so... >.<;)
You, since you're in a robot, could have some sort of internal system for switching them out on the fly, though that might  be more dangerous because it means leaving part of the braincase less armored so you can have that system there. But the limit of 3 is set unless you get a bigger brain.

"I choose red!" Timmy shouts needlessly.
Choose the red surface. Play! Play with the utmost enthusiasm and with great gusto!
((The doctor seems to have an absurd bonus to dexterity and a decompensator to boot. Good to know. Must be why the roll for when he sliced off Cloud's hand wasn't even shown.))

'Ha, you choose red? A foolish color for a foolish opponent. Let's rumble.'

Rumble, Air Hockey Style.

>There are outlets in the rec room with various power outputs. Just check the labeling.

((If that plan for a shared ammo recharge station ever comes to fruition, this means regulating power will be even easier, and we might not even need to buy a generator, only a casing, some computers, a few capacitators and transformers, and some rechargeable batteries for ammo. ))
You choose the blue side and slap ready. The table spits a disk out of the center of the table and directs it to you for the first round.

"FRREEEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMM! Now, where are my clothes."

Find clothes, then find Herr Doktor.
You get some hospital attire from a nurse and look around for The Doctor. He doesn't look to be anywhere in the infirmary proper.

"Well, I can offer some advice if you want, but we don't have any manuals."

Some Advice would be great! Anything would help really, because I'm not really used to being able to do things by thinking about them.

"Most important thing is to know your limits. Know what you're capable of and what is beyond you. You should test yourself, start off small and work your way up. As you get near your limit you'll start getting headaches and other symptoms, which is a good time to stop and rest. As per actual usage, be precise, don't go overboard. There's no reason to burn a 5 foot sphere when a 5 inch one, properly applied, will do. The best use of the amp isn't as a brute force weapon, but as a surgical instrument, carefully applied to the right place at the right time."

Now, there are a few options here. Cutting laser is a good standby,but you could also go with an anti-debris laser. They're rather odd things, very thick beams designed to make things molten and soft rather then just cut through em.

((Given this is VR, the choice is easy.))

Action:  Spawn another hover platform, and fashion a turret out of both a cutting laser and a anti-debris laser.  Test them out on a stationary Mk III suit and a battlesuit.

((Here's what I'm picturing:  A laser turret with attached generator all mounted on a hover platform.  It'd be easy enough for one man to push/pull around reasonable distances (Like the first few missions, but maybe not the current one.)  When needed, the gunner can point it in the appropriate direction and fire lasery death out the other end, which a much stronger laser than normally considered man-portable.  There'd be a minor amount of armor on it, enough to give the gunner basic cover but not to stand up to concentrated heavy fire.  The generator is attached to keep ammo from being a concern. When done, it can be moved on to the next encounter.))
Alright, sounds good. Hover platforms aren't cheap though, just keep that in mind.

The normal cutting laser is more effective against the battle suit's armor, though both are equally effective against normal men.

Tesla saber time.

You extend your hand and activate your tesla sabre, casually slaughtering a dozen altered as the blade extends into the throng.
[dex:1+1]
[Ram Dex:5]
[Ram str:4]
[end:5+2]
You're too slow to prevent the creature's first blow, taking the full brunt of the attack straight to your head. The force of the blow sinks your feet half a meter into the mud and knocks everything near you to the ground. You don't flinch an inch, standing completely unaffected beneath the massive lump of concrete and steel as the weapon rests, still ringing with vibration, on top of your head.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: September 07, 2012, 11:25:42 am »

Chop it to bits.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:24 am »

"You are not ready, Chompers! None are ready! None but ME!"
Play the game. Play the game like it's never been played before, with a dash of like it's going out of style.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:02:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: September 07, 2012, 11:53:45 am »

"Most important thing is to know your limits. Know what you're capable of and what is beyond you. You should test yourself, start off small and work your way up. As you get near your limit you'll start getting headaches and other symptoms, which is a good time to stop and rest. As per actual usage, be precise, don't go overboard. There's no reason to burn a 5 foot sphere when a 5 inch one, properly applied, will do. The best use of the amp isn't as a brute force weapon, but as a surgical instrument, carefully applied to the right place at the right time."

I see, that is...exacly what I needed to know. Many thanks!

Pancaek goes to the rec room and watches the tv, searching the channels for self defence or military tactic programs in the hope of learning new and exciting ways not to die.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: September 07, 2012, 12:01:33 pm »

"Huh. He has to be around here somewhere. Hey Steve, do you know where the Doctor is? I need to ask him some questions, and he probably wants to test the results of the treatment."

Await Steve's reply, then follow his directions.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: September 07, 2012, 12:21:05 pm »

((This is what I have in mind.))

Lars nodded.  The principle was sound, but perhaps the specifics could be nailed down.  Hover, while the best option, may be prohibitively expensive.  Given the likelihood of unforgiving environments, wheels wouldn't cut it.  Perhaps a tracked platform?

Action:  Search for a tracked platform to serve as a base instead of a hover- duplicate the top design onto it.  Continue test firing of the two weapon systems on the following targets:

An average tree
A 3-inch steel wall
A modern tank  (Assuming one exists.  If not, the closest equivalent.)
An Altered the size of an elephant
An average house
A stone wall
Finally, test against a three-foot steel wall to gauge time to penetrate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: September 07, 2012, 01:13:12 pm »

(Hmm.  I hadn't considered the increments thing.  Well, we've already been sitting at the beginning of the battle for a while, let's just run the whole battle at once.  And yes, I wanted a random and varied selection of Altered, but close to the same ratio of types seen on Hexbarax (did I spell that right?).)

"CHAAA- wait, no, don't charge!  To your positions!  For the glory of the Emperor!"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: September 07, 2012, 01:56:42 pm »

Look for entirely new propulsion systems that enable high speed and high maneuverability that are small enough to fit on a bot roughy 5ft long and 10ft wide.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: September 07, 2012, 01:56:56 pm »

"These tips are pretty handy to know and all, most definately, but I'm not that good at that sort of stuff. Not yet at any rate. How about something which I could understand easier?"

Try some tatical footwork by circling around and doing a feint or two.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: September 07, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »

"What's this? An invitation?"
Timmy stands up and lifts his arms in the air.
"Air Hockey King Jesus, I accept your challenge!"
Play air hockey with Mr. Chompers. Play to win.

Shout catchy pre-battle one-liner, then GAME STARTO

((I have a motto suggestion for UT: "Imagination Is The Deadliest Weapon". Would fit UT's purpose better, considering that the tinkerers usually try to invent new implements rather than repair broken ones.))

((I like it, we'll see what the other tinkerers will say 'bout it))

((Totally calling the theme for the UT (UE? United Engineers? Sounds better to me, but whatever): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWAcgefsQQ&feature=relmfu

((And now we have both a theme song AND a logo, ladies and gentlemen!
We could always use one of those flag-like thingies you sometimes see under a logo to add our name/slogan, like  here.
Or we could embed the name in the room on the lower cog, if you think you could manage that.
))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: September 07, 2012, 02:32:33 pm »

((Radio, I'll see about your little banner underneath and such. Not a problem making that logo, easier project than most that I've had to do.))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:19:55 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6764 on: September 07, 2012, 06:49:11 pm »

Slip the suit on and marvel in its awesome glory. Regain your senses and head to the med bay. See whats going on around the place.
(The actual mechanism of firing the thing is still unclear by the way. Do you have a physical trigger, is it voice activated? How do you tell it to fire? )
You make sure the system is turned off before you wander to the med by and look whats happening. Doesn't seem to be much going on around, just the normal nurses and doctors wandering around taking care of walking dead people.
((Its a point and shoot mechanism. The HUD is hands-free (..right?) and the controls are part of that. I look at what I want to shoot, tag it in the interface, and the weapon tracks it autonomously. I can tell it to shoot from there. This all happens in moments of course. its definitely NOT a 'sentry gun'. I hate that idea, and as you've previously stated, its been done before. I'd much rather have direct control over the weapon. I shouldn't need to turn it off before talking to people since it won't open up unless I tell it to. Although I suppose having to listen to it whir every time I turn my head could prove to be be somewhat.. irritating))

Find the biggest man in the room and get in his way.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:52:16 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 2101