_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933593 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6645 on: September 05, 2012, 07:13:35 pm »

(@PW: What about the AM? She wouldn't help us? :P But yeah, I'm the guy most likely to cause a horrific overshoot and get everyone killed. :D)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6646 on: September 05, 2012, 07:31:20 pm »

What do you mean? Steve just told me to get a physical, and I thought I was supposed to get one from the doc...", Denzel asked the nurse.
(Mensor told you to get a physical, remember? Did I mention Mensor's last character died as a result of his trip to the infirmary?)

>Did not. I just told you that you could come here to get your insides put back in if they happen to fall out. Which happens more often then you'd think around here.

"Hey, I'm insane, not an idiot. I mean, if you want me to throw it at someone with the kinetic enhancer, just point out a target on the ship. Though I'd think you would be more worried about some of the more exotic stuff..."
>Only the unprepared worry.

Try a battery with half the output and test again
To give you an idea here, a laser rifle uses 4 tpu per second. So you have roughly 15 times too much power being pumped out. Now, you could throw on some capacitors on there to store the power till it's needed and that might work.

"It's just a simple machine" The armory master says, "It has a camera, a simple computer, a mechanical method of pressing the buttons and a microphone and speaker. It reads out whats on the screen of the field manipulator and then types in whatever you tell it to. Costs about 2 tokens."

'Hmm, interesting. I'll get back to you on that once I've got a mission under my belt, seeing how that's a bit to expensive for me right now. By the way, do you happen to have any info regarding the Altered or the Altered War? Maybe a documentary of sorts.'

Ask above, watch/read stuff if she gives me something.

"Depends. You want a book or a movie? I have the official UWM report on the subject." she pulls out a datachip "34 thousand pages. Or a Documentary that goes over it in less detail. Your choice."

Can i still join in?
If so, here's my character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also, any chance I can still come on the next mission?

Welcome and yes, you can go on the next mission.  Feel free to be dumped physically out of a stasis pod in the barracks right now and then wander about the ship until the current mission crew either comes home or all dies.

Currently the roster for the next mission is
Jack (tavik)
Karen (Taricus)
Roger (draxis)
Timmy (harry)
Miaymoto (radio)
Cloud (Mensor)
Havel (Guninanrunin)
Denzel (doom blade)
Pancaek

With a single open spot.

Oh dearly me, if we get one more fresh body it's gonna be the Newbie mission.

Taking all bets as to survival rate.

Nods. Looks at the AM sombrely. Sure I can't persuade you to lower the price to five?
"You could do it yourself, that would cost 5."

"Let's do both. I'd like to be flexible."
"Alright then." The Doctor says, hands still clasped behind his back. "First lets see what you're capable of." You can't tell for sure because of the mask, but he seems to be smiling, "Try and kill me."

(@PW: What about the AM? She wouldn't help us? :P But yeah, I'm the guy most likely to cause a horrific overshoot and get everyone killed. :D)
Oh, of course she would. As would the doctor. You'd all have a lot to deal with if you tried to revolt. Not even including shock implants, being depressurized, and any of the other systems that Steve can use to enforce peace in the ship.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: September 05, 2012, 07:38:40 pm »

I climb out of the stasis pod

Darn hobo's must have put me in there, and they took my clothes!

I put on my clothes
Then I go to the armory master and ask to look trough the available weapons, ultimately deciding on a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier

Hey there, could I get one of these brainwavey microthingies?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6648 on: September 05, 2012, 07:41:17 pm »

((Oh boy.))

If I'm relying on my Handiwork skill to attempt the modification, grab the nearest mechanic and get him to do it for me. If there isn't anyone around with a better Handiwork skill than myself (PC or otherwise) who will help me, then tell the AM good day and go see what the others are doing. If I am relying on my Auxillary skill to perform the procedure, purchase the parts I need and borrow any tools I could use to make the modification a clean one, remove my suit, take everything to someplace quiet and perform the procedure. If the procedure is successful (in any sense of the word), don the suit and test the GAP system for functionality. Use the results of the final VR test as a comparison.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: September 05, 2012, 07:41:26 pm »

"Oh.... Ok then, I think I'm supposed to go to- the armory? I think I saw a sign... And I think I need tokens from my locker..." Denzel muttered as he wandered off to the lockers.

"Oh, tokens... Might as well take them, I think I need them for something..." Walking into the armory, Denzel asks AM, "I ... I get my equipment here, ... Right?"

((Basically, he's much more coherent to himself than others.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: September 05, 2012, 07:41:33 pm »

"Depends. You want a book or a movie? I have the official UWM report on the subject." she pulls out a datachip "34 thousand pages. Or a Documentary that goes over it in less detail. Your choice."

'I think I'll go with the shorter version, thanks.'

Go to rec room, watch documentary.

((But hey, Piecewise, if you feel like writing 34 000 pages worth of background, I'm all ears   ;D ))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:44:00 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: September 05, 2012, 08:29:21 pm »

Bishop gulped and raised his fists.

"This is going to end badly, and most likely for me. Calling it now."

Engage in training! Go for a cautious frontal assault first to get a feel for how he moves, then try to anticipate him.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: September 05, 2012, 09:13:36 pm »

(( Hmmm good idea lol you wanna design it for me man? )).

Adds capacitors and tests again

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: September 05, 2012, 09:52:10 pm »

Lars frowns, stepping back from the cloud of parts.  That's more than he had in mind.

Action:  Unexplode the ARSC, then try to explode it in discrete chunks.  Specifically, separate everything but the frame and the rocket pods- armor, weaponry, whatever; all gone.  Move it up in the air out of the way, then examine what remains.

((I'm not quite sure how it looks with the rocket pods.  Are they the only form of mobility it has, making it essentially a giant ramming pod?))

((But hey, Piecewise, if you feel like writing 34 000 pages worth of background, I'm all ears   ;D ))

((Considering the work he did on the current mission map in Minecraft, don't tempt him.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: September 06, 2012, 12:14:56 am »

"Ah, nuts. Even if it was one guy, he's probably dead already, anyway. Would serve the bastard right, too. Thanks, Ms. Armory Master. I feel all enriched by your knowledge now."
Shamble back into the rec room. Poke Mesk.
"Jig's up, Mesk. Messing with manipulators is something you get disappeared for, apparently. And they run on ass-backwards magic math, plus nobody really knows how they work. So they can't be used for the Superclaw anyway. Sorry for taking up your time."
Walk to the infirmary and find a nurse.
"Hey, I gotta ask, have you heard of anything, uh, strange happening to one of the nurses lately? Also, do you have any corpses I could borrow? For science, you know."
((Looks like piecewise won't be able to showcase the drawing method this time, considering the rate of player accumulation. Perhaps it's time to consider doing 15 or 20 person missions? Not this mission, of course, but maybe the next one?))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:11:14 am by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6655 on: September 06, 2012, 01:22:07 am »

I climb out of the stasis pod

Darn hobo's must have put me in there, and they took my clothes!

I put on my clothes
Then I go to the armory master and ask to look trough the available weapons, ultimately deciding on a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier

Hey there, could I get one of these brainwavey microthingies?

The armory master hands you a plastic card after taking your tokens.

"Head to the Infirmary, just follow the signs, and give them this card, they'll handle it. "

((Oh boy.))

If I'm relying on my Handiwork skill to attempt the modification, grab the nearest mechanic and get him to do it for me. If there isn't anyone around with a better Handiwork skill than myself (PC or otherwise) who will help me, then tell the AM good day and go see what the others are doing. If I am relying on my Auxillary skill to perform the procedure, purchase the parts I need and borrow any tools I could use to make the modification a clean one, remove my suit, take everything to someplace quiet and perform the procedure. If the procedure is successful (in any sense of the word), don the suit and test the GAP system for functionality. Use the results of the final VR test as a comparison.
It would be handiwork  and since no one around you looks to be offering to help,

"Thanks, I'll come back later once I either have more tokens, more skill or someone with one of those willing to share."

You walk out of the armory and proceed to stand around in the hall like a weirdo.

"Oh.... Ok then, I think I'm supposed to go to- the armory? I think I saw a sign... And I think I need tokens from my locker..." Denzel muttered as he wandered off to the lockers.

"Oh, tokens... Might as well take them, I think I need them for something..." Walking into the armory, Denzel asks AM, "I ... I get my equipment here, ... Right?"

((Basically, he's much more coherent to himself than others.))
You grab your tokens before walking to the armory and asking about getting equipment.

"Yes, you can get pretty much anything here. And If I can't help you I might be able to point you to who can."

'I think I'll go with the shorter version, thanks.'

Go to rec room, watch documentary.

(maybe when I get some free time. Or a book with very small pages. For now, you'll have to settle for a short overview.)

You head to the rec room and pop the documentary into the tv, promptly grabbing the remote from the massive metal man and changing it to watch what you want.

The documentary is more of a military documentary then a social one and traces the origins of the Altered and the course of the war against them. The strain of gene treatments that gave rise to the altered was introduced to a series of 3 planets in a single solar system, with plans to introduce it to others if it tested well. The treatment was very effective and spread via unoffical (Gene hackers) channels to the other planets in the system and to a scattered number throughout the rest of human controlled space. It's unclear the exact date when the Altered Strain "Awoke" but what is clear is that at a single point in time regardless of distance, age, time of administration or other circumstances patients began to mutate and change at an incredibly accelerated rate. During this time they would violently attack, infect and attempt to devour or, in later stages, physically merge with any organic creature around them. The suddenness of the occurrence combined with the distance between the planets and the lack of an overseeing body to govern interplanetary and inter-system actions meant that the areas effected were quickly overrun. It is estimated that by the time the first aid ships arrived, nearly a year after the Awakening, that all planets with Altered individuals, as well as dozens of other worlds and stations, were unsalvageable.

At the time it is believed that more then 200 solar systems and an unknown number of worlds were under the control of mankind, though the exponential expansion of that time make hard numbers hard to come by. With in a year 50 systems were gone and close to a trillion were dead. What resistance there was was planetary or system based at best, just local armies trying to fend off a seemingly limitless supply of Fleshships and plague rains, a enemy of constantly changing, constantly evolving beasts that grew stronger upon the flesh of their dead.

The remaining systems, seeing with new fear what they faced banded together under the guidance of the best military minds they could assemble and pooled their resources toward a war which was quickly becoming a struggle merely to survive. This organization, The United Worlds Of Man, oversaw the creation of massive military projects, the production of weapons and tools of war, and the coordinated military actions of tens of billions of soldiers. They fought the Altered back through a brutal campaign of planetary and space based warfare which saw the whole sale destruction of hundreds of planets and the purging of any area thought to harbor even a single infected.

Hexbarax, a mostly industrial planet, marked the sight of one of the longest, bloodiest and most important victories. One of the original planets infected, Hexbarax was also the main source of the Fleshships and altered coated meteors-plague rains- which had so effectively infected many planets. When attempts to destroy the planet via long range bombardment failed the military began a ground war in which 12 billion men and women lost their lives. In the end, they drove the hordes back and with then help of low orbiting laser bombardment purged the planet.

The remaining altered were purged from the galaxy over the course of a 120 year long campaign of searching and extermination, until the war was finally declared finished.

Bishop gulped and raised his fists.

"This is going to end badly, and most likely for me. Calling it now."

Engage in training! Go for a cautious frontal assault first to get a feel for how he moves, then try to anticipate him.
[dex:1]
[doc dex:5]
The doctor doesn't even have to move as you attempt to do some sort of flying jump kick-punch combo and end up flat on your ass.

"They're not teaching you soldiers very much these days, are they?" He says, looking down at you with his head cocked to the side.

(( Hmmm good idea lol you wanna design it for me man? )).

Adds capacitors and tests again
Well, I would just tell you to use the Gunner bot, since it's cheaper then this thing and does the exact same thing, plus being able to walk around on it's own.

With the right configuration of capacitors the gun functions and follows your commands.

Lars frowns, stepping back from the cloud of parts.  That's more than he had in mind.

Action:  Unexplode the ARSC, then try to explode it in discrete chunks.  Specifically, separate everything but the frame and the rocket pods- armor, weaponry, whatever; all gone.  Move it up in the air out of the way, then examine what remains.

((I'm not quite sure how it looks with the rocket pods.  Are they the only form of mobility it has, making it essentially a giant ramming pod?))

((Considering the work he did on the current mission map in Minecraft, don't tempt him.))
The ARSC was basically designed to ramp through fortifications and deliver soldiers to the areas inside, so yeah, it just has rockets. In reality, in it's original use it was offloaded from larger transports and just screamed across the landscape till it hit the target; it's a bullet with people in it.

You compress the parts into sections and take a look at the frame, setting the rest of the parts to transparent. The frame looks like a pretty heavy duty thing, designed to do a lot more then just hold the thing together. It's a massive lattice of crossbars and reenforcing pieces, almost a layer of armor in and of itself.

"Ah, nuts. Even if it was one guy, he's probably dead already, anyway. Would serve the bastard right, too. Thanks, Ms. Armory Master. I feel all enriched by your knowledge now."
Shamble back into the rec room. Poke Mesk.
"Jig's up, Mesk. Messing with manipulators is something you get disappeared for, apparently. And they run on ass-backwards magic math, plus nobody really knows how they work. So they can't be used for the Superclaw anyway. Sorry for taking up your time."
Walk to the infirmary and find a nurse.
"Hey, I gotta ask, have you heard of anything, uh, strange happening to one of the nurses lately? Also, do you have any corpses I could borrow? For science, you know."
((Looks like piecewise won't be able to showcase the drawing method this time, considering the rate of player accumulation. Perhaps it's time to consider doing 15 or 20 person missions? Not this mission, of course, but maybe the next one?))

The nurse, after hearing what you have to say, turns on her heal and walks away very very quickly. Huh.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: September 06, 2012, 01:26:37 am »

(( I cant afford a gunner bot though so im hoping i get lucky and can get a free prototype of this. Im sure i wont but cant hurt to try. )).

Saves the final schematic then sends a message to Steve and the AM along with a copy asking if i can get a prototype of this systems

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: September 06, 2012, 01:27:20 am »

"Yeah, I kind of figured as much.  Get this - I re-ran an action through the manipulator, and the math was different the second time.  Weird, huh?  So, unless there's some sort of algorithm we can crack, it seems impossible to write a program to automate manipulator stuff.  Sorry, but I hope we can work together again on something less impossible."

Fakedit: (Ooh, wall of backstory.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: September 06, 2012, 01:33:07 am »

Run after the nurse. If she tries to run, try to cut off her avenue of escape (without magic). If I can't do that, use magic to temporarily paralyze her legs.
"Hey, what did I say? What did I say? Wait up! Just tell me! I won't hurt you, honest! Well, unless you really piss me off. Then I might consider it."
If she tells me what she knows, leave quietly.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:34:46 am by Harry Baldman »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6659 on: September 06, 2012, 01:35:56 am »

Walk up behind Denzel. Ask him if he'll give me two credits. I offer to do something of equal or greater value in return.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 2101