_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936933 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6375 on: September 01, 2012, 11:12:00 pm »

(( Ehem i am English do you have a problem with that? But naw i wanna keep in line with the character and that means rebelling against authority and the AM is the only authority i have not yet rebelled against. Ive got my new character all set up and ready to go once cloud is a stain on the floor. ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: September 02, 2012, 12:09:23 am »

((Rebelling against the AM? Hah, too easy.

Whoever fucks, that is the one who gains eternal glory.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: September 02, 2012, 12:14:00 am »

((Ahem. If Cloud can't go to the med bay, there is one, heh heh, alternative. Magic! It can do anything, and sometimes it even does something you want! That's the only thing I can think of that could work for Cloud's continued (potentially monstrous) survival, anyway. Better not do anything with your brain, though, since nobody will be able to help you on a 2 or 1.))

Nap until I wake up pleasantly refreshed and ready for action.

((On the subject of character suicide - it's not really necessary. Go on a mission and something will likely kill you sooner or later.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: September 02, 2012, 12:16:10 am »

(Or you could come to me.  Mesk is still in need of a limb donor, and once you run out of those you can serve as a hood ornament for the Sword.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: September 02, 2012, 12:19:19 am »

((The only one with a chance of that currently is Milno.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: September 02, 2012, 01:50:36 am »

((The only one with a chance of that currently is Milno.))
((Snarkual Intercourse?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6381 on: September 02, 2012, 01:51:44 am »

Looks down at the stump then goes down to the rec room and asks absently "Would anybody care to attach this back on?" Holds up my hand "Or perhaps make a mechanical hand?"

(( On a side note shouldnt there be a dexterity roll to decide whether he's attack lands or i evade it? It's a little unfair isnt it if i have to roll to attack him but he can attack me freely ))
You wave your stump around a bit, bleeding badly.

"Yo, need a hand here"

[bleeding out:5 turns left]

((Ahem. If Cloud can't go to the med bay, there is one, heh heh, alternative. Magic! It can do anything, and sometimes it even does something you want! That's the only thing I can think of that could work for Cloud's continued (potentially monstrous) survival, anyway. Better not do anything with your brain, though, since nobody will be able to help you on a 2 or 1.))

Nap until I wake up pleasantly refreshed and ready for action.

((On the subject of character suicide - it's not really necessary. Go on a mission and something will likely kill you sooner or later.))
You continue to nap. You dream that you are nothing more then the plaything of some other, grander, more fleshed out character. Huh, weird.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6382 on: September 02, 2012, 02:03:38 am »

Well people, it was roughly 6 months ago, on april fools of all days, that I Copy pasted the rules this cobbled together RTD out of a text folder marked "space thing about rolling to die"  and onto these forums with the hope that I'd get at least a few players. Now we've reached the top of the hall of fame, we're rolling with something like 20 or more regular players, with more coming all the time, and we've still got a long way to go.

Thank you to all my players, insanely active to mostly comatose, for all the time you've spent here. Your willingness to roleplay, your desire to develop your characters and explore these rather poorly explained and ill defined worlds of mine, and your patience with my occasional ineptitude in running all this has been what made this game great, more then anything I could ever do.

I don't know what I could do for you all to mark this occasion, I don't really just want to start handing out gifts, but if you guys have any suggestions for the game, any questions about the mechanics, inspirations, conception, etc, or really anything to say, let me know. After all, without all of you I'd just be sitting here, typing snarky messages to myself.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: September 02, 2012, 02:10:38 am »

((Was the magic ball the Mysterious Orb of Medium Awareness?))
Be awoken from my sleep by the apathetic cry for help!
"This looks like a job for magic!"
Timmy, still half-asleep, shambles over to Cloud.
"Whoa, dude, you're all dismembered and stuff. I can help you with that, I think."
As Cloud rushes off, Timmy shrugs.
Sit back down on the couch and watch the shuttle thing.
EDIT: ((I would like to request an update for the armory list. A whole lot of potentially useful equipment is unlisted, even though it's technically available at the armory.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:07:47 am by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6384 on: September 02, 2012, 02:26:47 am »

((I request that the penalties for the technician class be reworked. I say that you should get rid of the penalty to uncon rolls, since techies would have had a hand in making such things.))

Look further into this shuttle story.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6385 on: September 02, 2012, 03:43:18 am »

((I'd request everything to remain as it should be.

And for Feyri to revive for free and for her to make something in the VR.  :P [/hopefulwishing]

But in all essence (happy bimonthsary, april fools RTD!) I'd just like to see this jewel in the rough going on, you're a dedicated GM, PW, and because of you many other people are into RTDs [or at least into this one  :D]

Oh, and can I throw a pecan pie for Jim just because? And perhaps for everyone else as a cake?

. . .

You don't let us use the kitchen for certain reasons, right?))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6386 on: September 02, 2012, 03:55:15 am »

((Ahaha, I feel very guilty about the "comatose" part...))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: September 02, 2012, 04:39:08 am »

Cloud remember the AM sells medical equipment and rush down to the armory " I need a med kit now and you need to fix this " Shoves wounded arm in hes face splashing him with blood " Or im going to take one of those guns and beat you to death with it. " Reach for the nearest weapon and attack AM with it if he refuses to help .

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: September 02, 2012, 04:55:43 am »

"There's a problem with inhibitor 3."

Try to find out what's causing the problem.

((I suggest adding some of us new players to the games tvtropes character page. That is all I ask.))

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:00:39 am by Tavik Toth »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: September 02, 2012, 05:04:28 am »

((Characters should only be eligible as additions to the TV Tropes page after they finish their first mission - the first mission is usually the definitive point that determines the particular direction that the character takes. For example, Jim, Milno, Mesk, Faith, Lukas and possibly several others received their most recognizable traits in the first mission they were on.
Also:
Cloud remember the AM sells medical equipment and rush down to the armory " I need a med kit now and you need to fix this " Shoves wounded arm in hes face splashing him with blood " Or im going to take one of those guns and beat you to death with it. " Reach for the nearest weapon and attack AM with it if he refuses to help .
The AM is a woman. Just a heads-up.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:06:35 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 2101