_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937529 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6255 on: August 31, 2012, 07:47:33 pm »

Pull up the transcript of the speech and read that, then head for the VR machine to search for decompensators again.
The speech is a long winded thing but for the most part it seems to deal with the "inhumanity" of something called "Ghost ships". Decompensators are mentioned exactly twice amongst a spray of technical information and even then are not explained or elaborated on, mentioned with the same frivolity one might mention screws or nails.

You switch to the VR machine and search for Decompensators in tinker. It brings up a list of available components.

((Did Nick ever make his designs public? Not sure if I made him make them public, but a specific search would probably bring them up...

Where's E?))
E is kinda in limbo on the ship somewhere because sky is around exactly never.

You know, after seeing what the armory master can do, perhaps I can connect to her AI while on a mission...

"Hey Steve, would it be possible to get a two way connection to the VR while on mission, with the option to transmit video feeds?"

Log onto the VR, take the armory master AI, copy the file. Make edits helpfulness +100%, sarcasm -100%, rename file "Strategy Master AI", investigate possibility of downloading the AI to a hard drive.

>Possible but not easy. The AI's in the VR aren't complete or even robust. They can't just look at visual data from the field and process it into something useful. The illusion of being sentient and capable in the VR comes from the fact that the VR's simulations are quite simple and that it knows where everything is and their possible interactions. If you just feed it visual data it won't know what to make of any of the objects.

Goes to the med bay and waits to speak with a non insane doctor
Is it possible and if so how much would it cost to have a computer system capable of linking an AI directly into my brain integrated into my brain which will also allow me to connect my brain directly into my suit or other wireless systems?
Id also like to know if there is a gene therapy or something similar that could make my nervous system more powerful? Like completely altering my body's processing system to make it more effective and enable my body to send and receive commands faster and if so how much would that cost?
You flag down a few doctors and nurses and try to get them to talk about your self experimentation with you, but they all turn you down, telling you that it's something The Doctor would be interested in, not them.

((Actually, since I'm a bit bored...))

Open up a separate VR file. Take a Gauss rifle, widen the barrel such that it can shoot fist-sized "bullets". (If this reduces the firepower somewhat, that's fine.) Take a microwave manipulator, attach an impact sensor to it, coat it in a few inches of battleship plate (designed to withstand and soften impact while being at least somewhat heat resistant), and attach a small retractible cable (as long as possible) from the projectile to the gun. Program the manipulator to heat up a sphere with a 3-foot radius (with a fist-sized hollow for the projectile itself) when the impact sensor is triggered. Use a pair of GPS sensors (one in the manipulator, one in the gun) to trigger a failsafe and force the manipulator to abort if the manipulator and the gun are less than 5 feet apart when impact is triggered. Check if the gun fires correctly (as in, you can reel in the projectile after firing and repeat the process), if so then test it against Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, and Synth-flesh.
problems/additional things:
1.Gauss rifle would need new larger coils for the barrel.
2.That cable is gonna interfere with the projectile's flight path like crazy
3.An automated field manipulator specially designed with those specifications is gonna be pretty pricey and probably won't survive the trauma of impacting more then a few times, if that.

'Hmm, guess i'll have to ask around, then.'
Go to barracks, find a mirror and examine what the good doctor did to me.
After that, go to rec room, start jogging a bit on a treadmill.

The mirror reveals that you look like a combination of the terminator, a bear trap and the jaws of life. Welp, time to go eat a car.

You head to the rec room and see if they have a treadmill. They do not.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: August 31, 2012, 07:56:26 pm »

Test using small springs inside the battleship plate to cushion the impact, and how that affects the survivability of the manipulator.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: August 31, 2012, 07:58:03 pm »

((Barely on the ship and Radio is already becoming one of us... Crazily changed from normal humanity.

Anyways, I do need to have Simus stumble upon E at some point, because E still has that RGH-KP-P Rifle. Not only is it the plot point for Simus finding out her second cousin was here, but I want that rifle back.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: August 31, 2012, 08:00:48 pm »

(Huh.  Ghost ships, huh?  Haven't those been mentioned before?)
Load up a medical decompensator.  If there's more than one, load them all!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6259 on: August 31, 2012, 08:13:34 pm »

((Ahaha, I'll never turn up! >:-D))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: August 31, 2012, 08:19:48 pm »

Goes upto The doctor and asks him
Is it possible and if so how much would it cost to have a computer system capable of linking an AI directly into my brain integrated into my brain which will also allow me to connect my brain directly into my suit or other wireless systems?
Id also like to know if there is a gene therapy or something similar that could make my nervous system more powerful? Like completely altering my body's processing system to make it more effective and enable my body to send and receive commands faster and dramatically increase my thought speed if so how much would that cost?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:25:35 pm by mesor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: August 31, 2012, 08:26:55 pm »

The mirror reveals that you look like a combination of the terminator, a bear trap and the jaws of life. Welp, time to go eat a car.
I AM THE MONKEY KING. I BRING FORTH THE JAWS OF DEATH!
No wait, that would be silly.

((Barely on the ship and Radio is already becoming one of us... Crazily changed from normal humanity.
((And all I wanted to do was a cartwheel. Talk about unforeseen consequences. ))

'Hmm. intimidating, at least. Oh well, i'll see how they perform in the field.'

Find exercise room and jog on treadmill. If there's no such thing, flip on the tv and check what's on.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:49:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #6262 on: August 31, 2012, 08:31:11 pm »

As per those weapons, well humans have lots. We have ships designed for the sole purpose of destroying planets, the arbiters, Titans, Avatars, half the upper ranks of the specialized military, Ghost ships, you name it.
(( Ah, it makes sense then. Just another bizarre weapon in the UWM arsenal, too horrible and revulsing that it raises questions and protests among the general population. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: August 31, 2012, 08:45:19 pm »

As per those weapons, well humans have lots. We have ships designed for the sole purpose of destroying planets, the arbiters, Titans, Avatars, half the upper ranks of the specialized military, Ghost ships, you name it.
(( Ah, it makes sense then. Just another bizarre weapon in the UWM arsenal, too horrible and revulsing that it raises questions and protests among the general population. ))
((This isn't even one of the general population, this is the tyrannical ruler of his own planet saying that shit ain't cool.

Also keen memory there. I didn't remember those, and I'm the one who asked the question.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: August 31, 2012, 08:55:51 pm »

(( Nay, the Magister's speech is dealing with their 'inhumanity' (note the quotation marks). I suppose that means the opposite - he's trying to convince the general population that Ghost ships are totally okay, and, actually, pretty cool shit.
Well, I have no need to explain what that really means, do I? :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: August 31, 2012, 09:14:05 pm »

((Ahaha, I'll never turn up! >:-D))

((I will find you, even if it means canvassing our area of the ship. And if you keep not playing when I do, I'll take the rifle by force. It would be a justified action, in-character.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:23:51 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6266 on: August 31, 2012, 09:57:33 pm »

Test using small springs inside the battleship plate to cushion the impact, and how that affects the survivability of the manipulator.

You test your design utilizing a small cradle of springs around the bullet. The first couple tests don't go so well as the shot repeatedly misses its mark, so you  just start firing at a wall. Even with the cushioning the manipulator survives a grand total of 3 hits before it breaks down.

Load up a medical decompensator.  If there's more than one, load them all!

There are 4 available decompensators for medical work.
1.Malpractice prevention system
2.Surgical randomizer
3.Robo-doc I
4.Robo-doc II

Goes upto The doctor and asks him
Id also like to know if there is a gene therapy or something similar that could make my nervous system more powerful? Like completely altering my body's processing system to make it more effective and enable my body to send and receive commands faster and dramatically increase my thought speed if so how much would that cost?

The doctor adjusts his glasses, thinking for a moment before speaking.
"AI too large, clunky. Possible to use brain as processor. Side effects unpredictable. Degeneration possible. Direct brain connection to computer systems. Dangerous. More possible, but more dangerous. Possibility of overriding. Very efficient but dangerous.

Alteration of organic nervous system also possible. Easier with mechanical systems but organic possible. Side effects possible as well." 

I AM THE MONKEY KING. I BRING FORTH THE JAWS OF DEATH!
No wait, that would be silly.

((And all I wanted to do was a cartwheel. Talk about unforeseen consequences. ))

'Hmm. intimidating, at least. Oh well, i'll see how they perform in the field.'

Find exercise room and jog on treadmill. If there's no such thing, flip on the tv and check what's on.

You walk over to the TV and sit down. Timmy is already watching something, so you just watch with him. Huh, looks like a play about giant man eating plants. Strange.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: August 31, 2012, 10:40:04 pm »

Examine each system.  Try and find out how they all work, both inner workings and results.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: August 31, 2012, 10:47:24 pm »

(("Surgical randomizer." There's a feature you want to advertise!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: August 31, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »

".... ..- .... /"

(huh)

((Decided to go with one bracket for translation, and two for OCC. And about my designs, I had nothing besides adding more chambers to the laser rifle. Although, I do have some interesting ideas for some gauss ammunition.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 2101