_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937966 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6165 on: August 30, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »

Scarification? What's that?
Watch and find out.
Scarification? What's that?
Watch and find out.
Oh, it's like tattooing but they do it by hacking out big hunks of flesh. Ouch.

(( I think ill just stick to my normal programming for now i wanna fine tune my jamming program so that i can jam only what i want to.
Then ive got to design a scrambling program to disable any security camera's in the area.
Then im gonna see what i can do to improve on the Camera drone's to make them a bit more reliable.
Then im gonna get my hands on an AI that i can use as a kind of assistant to help me with analysis and scanning and that kinda thing.
Not quite sure what im gonna do to that once ive got it running though i want to make it entirely self sufficient so i can just give it a job and leave it to it.

Then im gonna work on some form of implant plugged directly into my brain so that i can connect the AI to it and give it a major boost to its processing power plus then i dont need a storage device for it and can lose the tablet entirely and just use the transmitter and HUD in the suit and probably upgrade the suit. ))

Goes to the armory and requests a mk II suit and then changes into it before going to the nearest VR station where i bring up the schematics and data on the suit and begin looking for a way to integrate the tablet directly into the suit to combine there processing powers.
You head back to the armory and use all your tokens to buy yourself a MK II suit. Once you've got it on you head back to the rec room and sit down at one of the VR machines. You enter the Tinker Program and bring up both a datapad and a model of the MK II, looking for some way to combine them. The MK II does have some limited processing power but the majority of it is already in use by the suit itself. As it is, the datapad is more powerful then the suit's standard computer.

Just use the weight lifting machine.

((Do the exercise machine increase strength or just there to be used?))
They will increase your stats if used for a period of time (several missions) but they're far from the best method of leveling. They're basically just a way for you to slightly level if you're not going on missions for a while. There are other ways to increase stats while on the ship of course, though some are more dangerous and some are temporary.

[str:2]
You fail to even lift the bar a single time

Roger resists the urge to smash the plate the rest of the way, and instead tries to attach the remaining three.
[handi:5-1]
You get 2 of the plates on alright, a bit crooked but not bad. The third doesn't want to stay on for some reason,it keeps slipping off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: August 30, 2012, 03:43:44 pm »

Damn it, I was hoping for gardening tips.
Search for a channel on gardening. Extreme gardening!
((Can't help but ask - what does the thread title refer to?))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: August 30, 2012, 03:50:54 pm »

Try agian.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: August 30, 2012, 03:52:17 pm »

I begin looking at ways to take both the tablet's power source and its processing power and integrate them directly into the suit and look at how many of these extra part's could safely be built into the suit then i begin looking at the power distribution system to see if there is a way i can modify it to streamline its power and processing usage

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: August 30, 2012, 04:02:59 pm »

Apply more tape and try again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6170 on: August 30, 2012, 04:33:20 pm »

Damn it, I was hoping for gardening tips.
Search for a channel on gardening. Extreme gardening!
((Can't help but ask - what does the thread title refer to?))
You flip around till you find a gardening show. Well, they're gardening in zero g so thats kinda extreme.

(It's a reference to a story, specifically to an enchanted monkey's paw in that story that grants wishes but has unintended side effects. And it's very common in this game for things to have unforeseen or unintended consequences. Hence, monkey's paw the rtd.)

Try agian.

[str:4]
You benchpress the weight 3 times before barely making it a 4th and letting it drop back onto the stand.

I begin looking at ways to take both the tablet's power source and its processing power and integrate them directly into the suit and look at how many of these extra part's could safely be built into the suit then i begin looking at the power distribution system to see if there is a way i can modify it to streamline its power and processing usage
Judging by the schematics there isn't any real room in the body of the suit, but the helmet does have enough room to fit the processors from a few datapads and the suit itself easily generates enough power on it's own to run them all.

Apply more tape and try again.
[handi:4-1]
You manage to get it on via a more then liberal amount of tape, but it's not exactly straight or sturdy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: August 30, 2012, 04:36:26 pm »

((So, question about exercising: What do you mean exactly by "using it for several mission?" As in, at least once per mission, or a certain number of times per mission, or a number of times total that's so large you'd need several missions' worth of updates to achieve it, or something else?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: August 30, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »

Begins looking at how to fit the processors in and connect them to the suits systems.
And leave a message for Steve.

Would you be interested in a deal that involves dangerous and highly invasive surgery on my brain?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:44:09 pm by mesor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: August 30, 2012, 04:54:20 pm »

((Aaand exactly as expected, even my imaginary avatar in a fictional universe couldn't do a cartwheel to save his life. ))

'AAAhw Fwuck, Fwat was a sfupid fing fo do. What the hell was i finking?'
Go to medbay.

'Hey Doc, could you fix up my feeth? And no monkey business, okay?' He said, while pointing AT HIS TEETH  (no waking up with tracks-for-feet for me, thank you very much)
Ask doc to fix up my teeth.

((also, correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't i the only one right now with a guaranteed +1 to aux right now? All the others, i think, have +1 to handiwork. Also, do melee weapons like the tesla sabre use the uncon stat in battle, or only dext?

And mesor, if i read your char sheet correct, right now you seem to have -2 to both uncon and exotic weapons, and -1 to conv. And you also don't have a weapon. I suuuure hope we won't encounter to many hostiles next mission, or else we're boned))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:03:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 7 recruiting now.
« Reply #6174 on: August 30, 2012, 04:55:42 pm »

@piecewise Are we allowed to bring up sentient companions, and how are those to be treated? And what degree of control may we have over such companions whose personality is based on our own? (e.g. making a robot governed by a VR simulation of yourself/another player, or by an AI you specificly wrote to be as close as possible to your own mind (in terms of categories, ethics, hopes and wishes, frequently used lines of reasoning, etc.)) ))
((Companions as in 'equipment/sidekicks you bring on a mission'; asking mainly out of roleplaying concern for those - whether they'll be treated exactly as npcs, as semi-chararacters (controlled by the player), or something in between. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: August 30, 2012, 06:33:52 pm »

'Hey Doc, could you fix up my feeth? And no monkey business, okay?' He said, while pointing AT HIS TEETH  (no waking up with tracks-for-feet for me, thank you very much)

((The Doctor doesn't care about your wish to not have stuff that you didn't want put in you. However, you're not likely to get Him, only a regular doctor or nurse who just fix you up and shove you out.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: August 30, 2012, 06:35:23 pm »

"Hell yes!" Roger takes a moment to admire his handiwork.  Beautiful.  He always told them he could have been an engineer. He returns the saw and any excess metal to the Armory, and sticks the glue gently places the glue bottle in his pocket, if any is left. He leaves out the duct tape, you never know when someone might need it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: August 30, 2012, 06:42:41 pm »

((The Doctor doesn't care about your wish to not have stuff that you didn't want put in you. However, you're not likely to get Him, only a regular doctor or nurse who just fix you up and shove you out.))
(("Mm. Human teeth. Inefficient. Replace with screaming soul saws. Much better."))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: August 30, 2012, 07:02:59 pm »

(( Who wants to see what happens if i volunteer to have a computer system implanted in my characters brain?
Personally im sure it will go horribly wrong but i really wanna see what happens :D. ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: August 30, 2012, 07:04:35 pm »

(( Who wants to see what happens if i volunteer to have a computer system implanted in my characters brain?
Personally im sure it will go horribly wrong but i really wanna see what happens :D. ))
((I think you're underestimating how creative the Doctor would need to be to make that worth his while.

I suppose you could have lesser doctors do it, but that'd probably cost tokens, then, since it's not an awesome experiment.))
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 2101