_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934147 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #4950 on: July 28, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »

((Told ya. :))
You guys are gonna steal my idea, aren't you...?!  >:())
((No, I've got some of my own. A crossbow and an amp powered nightstick.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4951 on: July 29, 2012, 01:37:07 am »

Spawn an altered the size of a bus (he is allowed to attack me) a few hundred meters away and give Lukas the sniper gun that resembles the one in his locker. Shoot the ugly bastard.
[con:4+1]
You spawn a big lump of flesh a few hundred meters away as well as your rifle. You take aim down the scope, line up the sights on what you'd guess are its vital organs...or maybe just its balls, hard to tell, and fire. The rifle buzzes and hums for a second or two before firing, producing a spear of light similar to your chest cannon, though much smaller and thinner, like a thread made of woven light. This thread streaks out and impacts its target with a thunderclap and reduces it into two very messy pieces and a cloud of red mist.

Oh, for some reason I thought it was rigid.  Well, how flexible is it?  I'm going to spawn a smaller rod with a loop on the end to attach to the motor, then attach one end of the filament to the handle, loop it around through the eye, and secure the other end when the razor's taut enough not to move but not so tight it'll cut through itself.
Mind drawing that?

Focus.  Stop with the rage and lost control, and focus.

Listen for my quarry.  Move to the sound and engage.
[intuition:3-1]
You don't hear a thing.
[end:6]

((If you make any of those, I am staying the hell away from you at all times. Also, Bishop is now more hardcore than anyone I've ever played in a game. Holy shit...))

Bishop was stunned, to say the least. He had never realised just how powerful this therapy was, and now that it hit him, the odds of him surviving the corps had just drastically increased. He still had little chance of surviving, but it was a lot better than when he started.

"Very cool, and just a little bit disturbing... Hey Steve, is there something like a secondary heart that I can get implanted into me, like a tougher, more mechanical or synthflesh heart that will keep working if my primary heart is destroyed? And the same thing for my lungs? Also, can you tell me the downsides to the therapies I've had so far?"

Ask again!

>Not a lot of downsides really, just remember to eat a good deal after major injuries otherwise your body might break itself down in an effort to regenerate. Just don't let it go to your head. As per extra hearts and such, thats the doctor's domain, not mine.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: July 29, 2012, 02:39:35 am »

Spawn an altered the size of a bus (he is allowed to attack me) a few hundred meters away and give Lukas the sniper gun that resembles the one in his locker. Shoot the ugly bastard.
[con:4+1]
You spawn a big lump of flesh a few hundred meters away as well as your rifle. You take aim down the scope, line up the sights on what you'd guess are its vital organs...or maybe just its balls, hard to tell, and fire. The rifle buzzes and hums for a second or two before firing, producing a spear of light similar to your chest cannon, though much smaller and thinner, like a thread made of woven light. This thread streaks out and impacts its target with a thunderclap and reduces it into two very messy pieces and a cloud of red mist.

((I'm such a ball breaker)).

Lukas slightly lowers his rifle to see the result of his shot with his bare eyes cams. "Damn, I am sure packing a lot of heat. Is that thing dead?"

Lukas walks over to the altered he just shot to inspect the result of his shot. If the altered decides to still be alive and attack, Lukas activates his laser droids and readies his gauss gatling gun.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: July 29, 2012, 02:42:25 am »

((DAYMN, SON! You ripped that thing a new one! I'm totally going to have to get a look at that gun.))

Bishop breathed a sigh of relief. It was nothing too bad to live with. Just had to eat some more food after getting maimed, that's not too difficult.

"Well, that's good to know. I'll have to ask the doctor about extra organs too. Can you tell me the downsides to the... surgical modification... that I just went through?"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: July 29, 2012, 02:48:27 am »

((DAYMN, SON! You ripped that thing a new one! I'm totally going to have to get a look at that gun.))
((Yes, altered and (more importantly) little girls aren't going to be a problem anymore. Lukas would probably suck even more at punch many things though, with the low dex.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:17:03 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: July 29, 2012, 03:14:14 am »

((What are your secrets of creating functional weaponry?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: July 29, 2012, 03:23:26 am »

((Give your soul in exchange for it? :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:43 am »

((Keep reality and functionality in mind. A monofillament scalpel, for example, is just simply a smaller version of the razor and serves no purpose. Likewise, making points out of the same cutting stuff in the razor isn't going to work since its basically a stretched out thread that's vibrated at high frequencies. You can't get a point out of that, no matter how you design it.

You also have to take in mind if your idea has already been done to a better degree, or if your design is just simply not going to work or if your design is simply ineffective given the current technology of the times. The Jaws of Life idea that Mesk has, for example, is not going to work on someone in a suit unless he injects it's contents through the medication port, which auto injects the chemicals ANYWAY. Plus, the device seems a bit too complicated, fragile and exposed on his hand for field work anyway; One good knock and it will probably malfunction or stop working altogether. He can fix that though, for example if he incorporates it into the suit itself, like the hand lazer for example, where it completely replaces the hand part

Weapon designers must, if not above all, make sure that their weapon will have enough of an effect to warrant it's creation in the first place. The MBL, for example, really messes someone up, even if they are wearing a MK 3 with an exoskeleton or are completely robotic, and will even slice through a battlesuit if given enough time. It's pretty effective, if somewhat large and heavy.

Take my ranting as you will.  ;)))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: July 29, 2012, 04:18:37 am »

((Give your soul in exchange for it? :P))

((That sums it up very nicely. Who needs souls anyway?))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: July 29, 2012, 04:21:13 am »

((Keep reality and functionality in mind. A monofillament scalpel, for example, is just simply a smaller version of the razor and serves no purpose. Likewise, making points out of the same cutting stuff in the razor isn't going to work since its basically a stretched out thread that's vibrated at high frequencies. You can't get a point out of that, no matter how you design it.

You also have to take in mind if your idea has already been done to a better degree, or if your design is just simply not going to work or if your design is simply ineffective given the current technology of the times. The Jaws of Life idea that Mesk has, for example, is not going to work on someone in a suit unless he injects it's contents through the medication port, which auto injects the chemicals ANYWAY. Plus, the device seems a bit too complicated, fragile and exposed on his hand for field work anyway; One good knock and it will probably malfunction or stop working altogether. He can fix that though, for example if he incorporates it into the suit itself, like the hand lazer for example, where it completely replaces the hand part

Weapon designers must, if not above all, make sure that their weapon will have enough of an effect to warrant it's creation in the first place. The MBL, for example, really messes someone up, even if they are wearing a MK 3 with an exoskeleton or are completely robotic, and will even slice through a battlesuit if given enough time. It's pretty effective, if somewhat large and heavy.

Take my ranting as you will.  ;)))

((Listen to Yoink. Just sell your soul and be done with it. All this tinkering is a waste of time. Unless you guys find a way to improve beer hats. :P))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: July 29, 2012, 04:24:06 am »

((Keep reality and functionality in mind.
You also have to take in mind if your idea has already been done to a better degree, or if your design is just simply not going to work or if your design is simply ineffective given the current technology of the times.
((Hate to sound egotistical, but I can give an example of a functional, good weapon and one that wasn't so much. For the bad one, I wanted to have a massive amp tipped drill, Gurren Toppen, piercing heavens style. I just couldn't get it to work.
Recently, I drafted up the crossbow, which fires 3 times the speed of a gauss rifle, and has amp tipped bolts. It actually damaged the Avatars cloak, and if I remember, punched a hole in battleauit plating for what that means.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: July 29, 2012, 04:26:31 am »

((Never said anything bad about your crossbow. It works and works well which logically means that it's designed well.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: July 29, 2012, 04:30:14 am »

((Never said anything bad about your crossbow. It works and works well which logically means that it's designed well.))
((I was just giving it as an example to illustrate your point.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: July 29, 2012, 08:32:26 am »

((I think the bolo launcher's shot wasn't able to wrap properly around a battlesuit, but I am not sure.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: July 29, 2012, 09:04:06 am »

((It could wrap around a limb but not the body, and has no effect on the Avatar, of course, since the thing is basically a walking bunker.))
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 2101