_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932942 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Meskspotting
« Reply #4650 on: July 20, 2012, 11:21:30 pm »

"Who will, exactly? Explain yourself."

Be cool, it can't hurt you but at least this will pass the time.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: July 20, 2012, 11:22:19 pm »

((Well, staying here will probably be a death trap.  I'm just going to hope the hunter hasn't found me yet))

Go outside and take in surroundings.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:34 pm »

((You just couldn't resist rolling that, could you?))

Brother Lars smiled as he placed the last pamphlet.  He still had enough to hand them out to his fellow recruits on the ship.  But first, he wanted to return the sewing kit he borrowed.  For is it not written, a thief will find no rest until the crime is righted?

He returned to the Armory Master and turned in the sewing kit.  While he was there, he also handed her a pamphlet.  "You may find this enlightening.  Be sure to ask me if you have any questions about the Gazer.  Be always watchful."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: July 21, 2012, 12:00:28 am »

Jim tries to think of ways to earn tokens while not on missions. (Coincidentally, his player hopes for the first good Intelligence roll in the RTD.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: July 21, 2012, 12:24:18 am »

((I got a few.

1. Mug Someone.

2. Tinker and make a modified weapon. Mark up the price and sell to a fellow inmate. Once we have more tokens floating around, this could become a lucrative business. I know when I get back I might inquire into someone making a better weapon for my character.

3. Bet. Steve likes bets.

4. Volunteer for the Doctor to do some experiments on you. I'm sure he's willing to pay a small amount for test subjects. He's obviously filthy rich in tokens if he can afford all these modifications to people.

5. Duel another inmate. Put tokens on the line.

Ect ect ect. There always money to be made, you just have to be aware of it))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: July 21, 2012, 12:32:41 am »

((Toaster makes great characters  :P
Indoctrinate the Sword!))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: July 21, 2012, 12:45:38 am »

((Wagers are probably the only real way to go. Our resident full-time tinkers could probably make a few tokens off something, but even then I'm thinking they'd be selling the Handiwork roll, not the design, and I wouldn't expect the profits to be very large.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: July 21, 2012, 12:53:22 am »

((Wagers are probably the only real way to go. Our resident full-time tinkers could probably make a few tokens off something, but even then I'm thinking they'd be selling the Handiwork roll, not the design, and I wouldn't expect the profits to be very large.))

((Didn't Steve mention the Tinkerer's work earning them some tokens, if the designs work out all right in the field?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: July 21, 2012, 12:54:49 am »

((Didn't Steve mention the Tinkerer's work earning them some tokens, if the designs work out all right in the field?))
((Now that you mention it, I think he might have. I imagine the sort of design that proves new and useful to he HMRC would be pretty rare, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: July 21, 2012, 01:15:39 am »

(@ Orb:

1. Yeah, not doing that. Mugging people isn't cool.

2. I'm not a tinkerer. If I mess around with Tinker enough you can bet the only thing I'm going to make is a revolver modified to use shotgun rounds. :P

3. You clearly do not know my luck with gambling. :P I want to gain tokens, not lose them.

4. Those experiments will be null and void once I switch over to the synthflesh body, which I'm not going to be letting him experiment on if I can help it. Besides, he didn't pay Thrak or Lukas anything and I have no reason to believe he will, since his part of the deal is the upgraded body itself, and all the data you collect afterward is you paying him back.

5. ...This seems like the only real option I have, but it suffers from the same problem as 3 in that I'm not guaranteed to be making money.

I'm hoping I get a good Int roll... >.< Thanks for the suggestions anyway, though.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: July 21, 2012, 03:05:20 am »

(2. I'm not a tinkerer. If I mess around with Tinker enough you can bet the only thing I'm going to make is a revolver modified to use shotgun rounds. :P)

(( Ask and ye shall receive:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: July 21, 2012, 03:10:11 am »

(XD

I was thinking more of the Talon from Mass Effect 3, but that'll do too.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: July 21, 2012, 03:15:17 am »

(XD

I was thinking more of the Talon from Mass Effect 3, but that'll do too.)

((Here's one even better, take my grenade launcher, mod it to be used as a pistol (While retaining it's current caliber), redoing the breach from break-open to revolver-action, and fill it with the rounds I'm going to make when I get back that will essentially render it a 50mm shotgun firing razors. I can give you slug ammunition too, if you like.

For reference, THESE are 40mm ammunition.

Heck, it would go quite well with your gorilla arms, because that thing's gonna be big.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:19:14 am by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4663 on: July 21, 2012, 09:09:09 am »

"Who will, exactly? Explain yourself."

Be cool, it can't hurt you but at least this will pass the time.

"The one who put you here."

((Well, staying here will probably be a death trap.  I'm just going to hope the hunter hasn't found me yet))

Go outside and take in surroundings.
You head out through whats left of the kitchen, moving very carefully and quietly. You're at the end of an equally ruined cul-de-sac, the broken open remnants of homes scattered around you; cars rusted and crouched like the forgotten skins of great insects.  You don't see anyone around.

((You just couldn't resist rolling that, could you?))

Brother Lars smiled as he placed the last pamphlet.  He still had enough to hand them out to his fellow recruits on the ship.  But first, he wanted to return the sewing kit he borrowed.  For is it not written, a thief will find no rest until the crime is righted?

He returned to the Armory Master and turned in the sewing kit.  While he was there, he also handed her a pamphlet.  "You may find this enlightening.  Be sure to ask me if you have any questions about the Gazer.  Be always watchful."

The armory master takes your kit and your pamphlet without looking up from her book.

Jim tries to think of ways to earn tokens while not on missions. (Coincidentally, his player hopes for the first good Intelligence roll in the RTD.)

[Int:4+1]

Hmm well you could sell something...but you don't have anything to sell. You could mug bishop...but thats not very nice. You could ask steve, the armory master and The doctor if they have anything they need doing. That might get you something...though probably not...they seem to have all the help they need.  You could make something...Your ability to control heat and force means you'd be great at metal working, and you could probably get large quantities of unformed metal for either nothing or dirt cheap. Hmmm. That might work, assuming people are willing to buy whatever weaponry/armor/art you make..

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: July 21, 2012, 09:18:13 am »

((I still have all the equipment I bought, right?  Then let's try and make this hunter, the hunted...))

Head along the road, using broken houses and cars as cover.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 2101