_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936621 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Huh. But, does that mean shockwaves aren't really useful on their own? Like, would there ever be a reason to use just shockwaves without shrapnel or sheets of metal or whatever?"

Examine device, continue listening to Doctor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

((I know what i must do!))
Mason exstends the top of the hat into a top hat of sorts.
then he summons a mark 1 suit, and checks if he can set a timer on the bomb, and if he can remote detonate it from a SAFE distance.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop sighed. This situation sucked in a major way, but there was nothing he could do about it. He would just have to wait...

Hum a popular song to myself.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

If the fire is only burning above me, crawl through the sludge until there's no fire above me, then surface.

If there's fire all around me, or if I can't be certain about the fire's position, surface, then try to use the amp to cool my surroundings.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Bishop sighed. This situation sucked in a major way, but there was nothing he could do about it. He would just have to wait...

((*I say what what...*))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Lady MacDeath please."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Is anyone surprised?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Is anyone surprised?))
((Nope. I wonder what exactly "Clear chested" means, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"You meant the cryogenic weapon, I guess? Hmm, that would make it hard, but I'm unsure if the alien races all use suits, would work if in a friendly fire situation, at least not one of us would harm the other.

What would be the stats on the proposed gauss rifle? How many tokens required?"

>How long is the extended barrel, and how much extra energy is the extra capacitor going to be adding?

While May deliberated on choosing a dress, Thomas decided to get stocked up.
"Actually, hit me up with some cigs and other assorted vices you've got back there."
The Armory master hands you two packages of cigarettes, a vial of clear liquid, and a shrink wrapped capsule filled with a half dozen pills.

Computer and transmitter in the gun, sending an arming signal, then. With manual override to either arm or disarm, just in case. I don't want a round not coming out quite right, landing near me, and no way to disarm it. Otherwise, it could detonate. Alternatively, arming a grenade that I place and using it as a landmine or somesuch. Multipurpose functionality like that is always nice.

Use that, then:
The impact fuse should be calibrated to.. well, any impact after the grenade has gotten 5 meters away from the launcher. Also attempt to modify the ClF3 'nade to have an impact fuse to pierce the chemical resevoir, and that fuse should only arm after 7.5 meters.

Load up another fresh, empty shell and put a 30mmx41mm rod of Aster-EX in the center, surrounding it with lengths of razor wire to fill the rest of the shell. Impact fuse the same as the High-EX grenade. Test by firing into a group of 5 MkIIIs.
Ok so fuses are designed to activate after the amount of time it takes the shell to fly 5 meters through standard "air", with the chemical shell set for the same but 7.5 meters. And the chemical grenade already had a puncture system, it's what I assumed you meant since you never said anything about it specifically. And your razor grenade works fine.

Now, what kinda spread you want on those dummies? You want them all just standing around the thing or all spread out at different distances?

Your head does indeed have the needed ports, but your guns appear not to have any ports. Maybe you should just scan through the weapons in the machine's memory and see if it has them on record already.
Try to find a way to scan the weapons into the VR machine. Put the weapons back in locker after scanning them and return to the VR.
When I said scan through the weapons in the machine's memory, I meant read through the list of weapons in the machine's memory. Because those weapons are standard, or close enough.

((Oops, I misread you there.))

Put weapons back in the locker and then go to the VR and hook myself up. Scan the list of weapons in the VR's memory for something that is a close match to the sniper rifle.
You return your weapons before jacking into the Vr machine and looking for something similar to the sniper rifle. You find a "Particle condenser rifle" and load it up. It's larger then the sniper rifle and a fair bit clunkier, but seems to have the same set up.

>Do it anyway. It only needs to be a couple of puffs worth. Although that stovepipe hat does sound interesting...

VR-Charro inspected the end result of his latest idea. It worked well enough visually... The hole in the top of the hat was barely noticable. He saved it and then summoned up another hat. So many hats. He vaguely recalled some old story involving a crazy dude with hats and chuckled to himself. He had lots of hats, but he wasn't crazy... Or was he? Nah, 'course not. Back to working on the throwing-blade-hat.

>Change up the throwing hat design a little, instead of telescopic it should simply be a light material designed to scrunch down into the middle of the circular blade, with a small catch to hold in in place for throwing.

Like what? Some sort of metal foil so that it looks like you're wearing a tinfoil hat?

((I know what i must do!))
Mason exstends the top of the hat into a top hat of sorts.
then he summons a mark 1 suit, and checks if he can set a timer on the bomb, and if he can remote detonate it from a SAFE distance.
Those bombs are about the size of a football by the way. All the nukes in the armory list are. So you're gonna need a very large hat. Also yes, if you read the armory entry it says you can set a timer or remotely detonate it.

Hum.

"Huh. But, does that mean shockwaves aren't really useful on their own? Like, would there ever be a reason to use just shockwaves without shrapnel or sheets of metal or whatever?"

Examine device, continue listening to Doctor.

The device is fairly simple, rather sloppy in it's welds but still sturdy enough. The box on the back has what must be the fire control, but other then that it just looks like a steel box with a tube in it.

"Useless? No. More difficult then a bullet though. Shockwaves have the effect of being fatal over time, even if not fatal at once. High enough pressure waves cause lungs to rupture and bleed, destroy cell walls and the like. Like a poison, kills over time. But for more immediate effects, must rely on brute force. Directed shocks with enough force to damage flesh."

He pulls what looks like a bat from the locker. The bat is octagon shaped and quite fat, much thicker then would seem necessary. Each corner of the octagon shape has a thin groove or space running down it's length.

"This is a weapon I used. Multi part. Inside is a central metal core that is free to move within a metal shell. On that metal shell are lines of kinetic amps, attached so their "Expenditure" side is pointing outward. These buffers," He indicates the two pieces of metal that form one of the corners," are set up in line with the amps. When the bat is swung and stopped, either against a surface or simply by arresting movement, the internal core continues to move. It strikes the amps, which discharge into the air, which is then shaped by these buffers into a blade of concentrated force."

He hands you the bat. It is very heavy.

"Button on handle activates if held, deactivates if not held. Safety. Do not press until just before stopping."

If the fire is only burning above me, crawl through the sludge until there's no fire above me, then surface.

If there's fire all around me, or if I can't be certain about the fire's position, surface, then try to use the amp to cool my surroundings.

You  crawl through the sludge. It's slow and tiring work and you're not really sure how far you're moving. You crawl for a good 5 minutes before surfacing. You can't see anything.

"Lady MacDeath please."
The armory master hands you what looks like a cross between an elegant, ancient dress and a few pounds of brightly colored and, in some cases, completely see through latex. Ah. So thats what "clear chested" means.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hat Based Arms Race
« Reply #4224 on: July 16, 2012, 11:53:45 am »

If possible, use the amp to cool down the sludge covering me so it becomes brittle. Use a cylinder-shape to reduce chance of brain fryage. Or rather, suit-shape.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: July 16, 2012, 11:57:27 am »

((That was what clear chested meant. It only keeps proving the staff is also composed of insane people.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: July 16, 2012, 11:57:59 am »

Make a top hat/sombrero combination, I will make the hat of last resort!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4227 on: July 16, 2012, 12:30:02 pm »

((That was what clear chested meant. It only keeps proving the staff is also composed of insane people.))
Fashion is an odd thing and it's gone through a lot of weird phases in the future. I remember the "Floating rings" phase. Gah.

Make a top hat/sombrero combination, I will make the hat of last resort!

You make a giant brimmed top hat. It looks very silly.

If possible, use the amp to cool down the sludge covering me so it becomes brittle. Use a cylinder-shape to reduce chance of brain fryage. Or rather, suit-shape.
Thats the spirit, don't just try and wipe yourself off by hand! Use the dangerous future technology!

[exotic:5]

You concentrate, carefully visualizing the sludge coating your suit-and nothing else- and then focus on slowing it's molecular movement. The sludge on you solidifies and hardens into an inch thick shell around you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: July 16, 2012, 12:46:22 pm »

((I actually think that exposing more flesh in the future could make sense for anyone proud of not having to use any mechanic enhancement or correction as well as having a flawless skin. I suppose a good part of the lower classes must have their share of scars and prosthetics.

Still strange, though.))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: July 16, 2012, 12:53:39 pm »

((Nice choice. Totally gets the futuristic theme across.))

"Steve, could you tell the Doc to hurry up a bit? I'm starting to get itchy and paranoid that he's pumping me full of nurotoxins. Also, I'd like to know what he's doing right now. Must surely be more interesting than just lying here doing nothing."
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 2101