_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937061 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sometimes I wonder if our characters are avatars of ourselves, at least a part of us, like Steve and Piecewise.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Sometimes I wonder if our characters are avatars of ourselves, at least a part of us, like Steve and Piecewise.))
((Ahh yes, I'm actually female.  ::) ))

[srs]

Edit: Well, alright. Partly based on my mannerisms. The cautious part and the body-should-be-whole, in the sense that all-appendages-should-be-human are mine.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:44:33 pm by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

((Presumably yeah. Thomas has some of my flaws. It makes him easier to characterise.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

((Travis follows my love of logic. Though I don't have as big of an ego as him, and I trust people much more than he did. It's always a good idea to base part of your character on yourself, to make it easier to RP. At the same time, it shouldn't be a mirror image, otherwise you'll take offense to actions taken against your character. Learned that the hard way in SS13))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((SS13?))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((Well, there is one thing Lukas and I have in common for sure: if I would ever get into a serious fight, I would most likely get hurt without dealing too much damage myself :P. That and the gauss gatling gun in our arms of course.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, there is one thing Lukas and I have in common for sure: if I would ever get into a serious fight, I would most likely get hurt without dealing too much damage myself :P. That and the gauss gatling gun in our arms of course.
((The government might want to know about that.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((Well, there is one thing Lukas and I have in common for sure: if I would ever get into a serious fight, I would most likely get hurt without dealing too much damage myself :P. That and the gauss gatling gun in our arms of course.
((The government might want to know about that.))

((Oh, they'll know...*puts on sunglasses*...They'll know.))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:11:53 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

May perks up hearing the Armory Master. "Can I get a dress?"
The armory master digs a few sheets of paper out of under her counter and flips through them. "Yeah, we got a few dresses. Got a sun dress, a Victorian dress, a..." She squints at the paper, "A 'clear chested Lady MacDeath' dress, and a few that are just called 'dress'. Take your pick."

Your head does indeed have the needed ports, but your guns appear not to have any ports. Maybe you should just scan through the weapons in the machine's memory and see if it has them on record already.

Try to find a way to scan the weapons into the VR machine. Put the weapons back in locker after scanning them and return to the VR.
When I said scan through the weapons in the machine's memory, I meant read through the list of weapons in the machine's memory. Because those weapons are standard, or close enough.

Mason finds a way to extend the rim of the hat, make it more fedoro like.
And inserts a 8 didgit code 1/8th killoton charge in it.
Using the magic, far future technology of fabric and sewing, you extend the brim and then attempt to insert a 1/8 kiloton charge in it. It doesn't really fit and leaves no room for your head. You have successfully invented a nuclear bomb wearing a hat.

Great. The only ones   less sane than the convicts are the staff, it seems.
"Well then, can you get me something that looks nice and dosen't leave anything important uncovered?"
As soon as she gave  him clothes he turned about, and reached for Mays hand. However, as soon as he turned to leave, he made a  final request.
"I also need one last thing. Three bottles of booze, all different types please."
The armory master disappears into the back for a few minutes and comes back with a neatly folded set of clothes as well as three bottles: an unlabelled bottle of HMRC standard,  a black bottle with green lettering spelling "XENO SPIT" and an aluminum bottle with blue, embossed letters spelling "Astro"

"Well... I wanna know about shockwaves- how it can be done, what advantages or weaknesses they have, that sort of thing.

But, now I also wanna know about you. I always assumed you were just a medical professional! How did you come to be a soldier, and, well, what made you leave and do this instead?"
"Shockwaves are an unusual weapon." the Doctor says as he opens the locker and starts digging around in it. "Created via expenditure of energy into gaseous medium. Easiest way is Kinetic amp." He pulls what looks like  a large piece of pipe with some sort of heavy steel box on one end. He hands it to you and points at the parts.

"Pipe is barrel. Inside box is a kinetic amp. Behind that is an actuator. Amp is secured around edges, "expenditure" surface pointed down the barrel, touching nothing but air. Actuator strikes amp, amp unloads amplified force into air. Shockwave. Useful as cannon like that. Load with anything small enough to fit in barrel. Effectiveness varies. Better seal, better power."

He nods.

"First attempt."

He turns around and starts digging in the locker again.

((Here's another terrible, MSPaint diagram. Think of one of these.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I was originally planning to make it so scrunching down the entire hat activated the pump, but that would've been harder to draw. :P))

>Charro attempts to create the above.
It's gonna be a pretty small or thin tank. It's a top hat, not a stovepipe hat after all.

((Last night I was actually thinking about possibly putting a VR program into a suit computer to allow for computer assisted aiming and such. Wouldn't be a stretch to include a personality.))

How much would the cheapest electronics for timing how far a grenade is away from the shooter be?
Well, you could do it one of two ways. The first is having a computer and transmitter in the gun. It would know that you've fired and could send an arm signal to the shell after a set amount of time in flight. Second and more safe but more expensive is have electronics in both the gun and shells that can tell how far apart they are.

"Hmm...

Cryogenic weaponry..How's about utilizing the weapon configuration of the Plasma Projector, and adding in a laser cooling device that would shift the temperature of the atoms within the sphere?

I'd stick with the extended barrel, the capacitors would work with photovoltaic cells in order to increase the velocity, then."

Note to self: Ask Armory Master about Combat Shields. And her name.

>That configuration would just lead to something that would kill unsuited people and have no effect on the suited ones.

Steve really isn't me. He's got my sense of humor and acts as an avatar for me to explain things, but he's his own character. You'll see what I mean eventually.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"You meant the cryogenic weapon, I guess? Hmm, that would make it hard, but I'm unsure if the alien races all use suits, would work if in a friendly fire situation, at least not one of us would harm the other.

What would be the stats on the proposed gauss rifle? How many tokens required?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While May deliberated on choosing a dress, Thomas decided to get stocked up.
"Actually, hit me up with some cigs and other assorted vices you've got back there."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:08:05 am by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Computer and transmitter in the gun, sending an arming signal, then. With manual override to either arm or disarm, just in case. I don't want a round not coming out quite right, landing near me, and no way to disarm it. Otherwise, it could detonate. Alternatively, arming a grenade that I place and using it as a landmine or somesuch. Multipurpose functionality like that is always nice.

Use that, then:
The impact fuse should be calibrated to.. well, any impact after the grenade has gotten 5 meters away from the launcher. Also attempt to modify the ClF3 'nade to have an impact fuse to pierce the chemical resevoir, and that fuse should only arm after 7.5 meters.

Load up another fresh, empty shell and put a 30mmx41mm rod of Aster-EX in the center, surrounding it with lengths of razor wire to fill the rest of the shell. Impact fuse the same as the High-EX grenade. Test by firing into a group of 5 MkIIIs.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:02:54 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Your head does indeed have the needed ports, but your guns appear not to have any ports. Maybe you should just scan through the weapons in the machine's memory and see if it has them on record already.
Try to find a way to scan the weapons into the VR machine. Put the weapons back in locker after scanning them and return to the VR.
When I said scan through the weapons in the machine's memory, I meant read through the list of weapons in the machine's memory. Because those weapons are standard, or close enough.

((Oops, I misread you there.))

Put weapons back in the locker and then go to the VR and hook myself up. Scan the list of weapons in the VR's memory for something that is a close match to the sniper rifle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Do it anyway. It only needs to be a couple of puffs worth. Although that stovepipe hat does sound interesting...

VR-Charro inspected the end result of his latest idea. It worked well enough visually... The hole in the top of the hat was barely noticable. He saved it and then summoned up another hat. So many hats. He vaguely recalled some old story involving a crazy dude with hats and chuckled to himself. He had lots of hats, but he wasn't crazy... Or was he? Nah, 'course not. Back to working on the throwing-blade-hat.

>Change up the throwing hat design a little, instead of telescopic it should simply be a light material designed to scrunch down into the middle of the circular blade, with a small catch to hold in in place for throwing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 2101