_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927501 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #3885 on: July 08, 2012, 12:24:31 pm »

You get out of bed, a bit clumsy on your new legs, and wander to the barracks bathroom. The doctor seems to have taken everything you asked for and dialed it up to 11. You look like some sort of artistic vision of he ideal woman but with all the proportions expanded a bit in some places and a lot in other.

((Also, she has a size E bra. The rest is up to imagination))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: July 08, 2012, 12:29:44 pm »

((Google fertility goddess', and the average example of what they look like (large breasts, wide hips, large butt, shapely legs, long hair, etc) is what May pretty much looks like now. The doctors really went all out on her (Him? It? I dunno...) and may have gone a bit overboard.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3887 on: July 08, 2012, 02:42:24 pm »

1. Look up information on the UWM.
2. Look up information on the Knights of Nil.
3. Troll.
4. Find Thomas and May sex tape online, researching reviews on it.

1.UWM has been around for around 1000 years at this point and have been watching over the diverse worlds of man and protecting them from the dangers that lurk beyond the stars. And no one should question that. Ever.

2.Apparently that entire thing was just the delusion of a particularly insane sex deviant who wanted to give his antics some sort of  "philosophical" backing.

3. You post comments with poor grammar and spelling and then violently verbally assault anyone who tries to correct you.

4. You find it under the title "Brown noser". It has mixed reviews but many requests for "MOAR"

"I just wanted to try to make something...new. Guess it's more than I thought."

Just like failing the Engineering Corps again...at least it wasn't as bad as the Medical Field.

"X-ray laser weaponry as a precision heat weapon. Is it possible to modify from a Laser Rifle/Cutting laser, or easier to create?"

Just like in the Engineering Corps; Feyri just hoped she had her facts right.

Ask once more.

Discard idea on those Railguns.

>Um. Now I may be missing something or you may be insane. You want to take one of our standard lasers, which is a precision heat weapon already, and modify it into an x-ray laser? Why?

[dex:3]
[girl dex:4]
The girl once again side steps your inept flailing and giggles at your inability. Her giggling ends suddenly when an error message pops up.
[CRITICAL USER ERROR: MORON]

Lukas let out a deep sigh. "I am really an utterly useless person. There is literally nothing I can do well", he thought to himself. Lukas left the VR and wandered through the halls of the ship for a bit, thinking of different ways in which he could commit suicide (besides going on missions of course). He was about to propose to the Armory Master in the hope of finding a quick death before he realized he may yet have another option. He entered the infirmary and tapped the doctor on his shoulder. "Hi, I was wondering whether you can turn me into something useful. More specifically, if possible I would like you to turn me into a killing machine. As long as I can keep my personality that is." Lukas knew that there would be a good chance that this doctor would only turn him into an even more useless abomination. But then again, there was always the option of proposing to the Armory Master.

With my luck, this is going to be awesome  ::)

The doctor takes a long hard look at you, going so far as to tilt his glasses down so he can stare at you with his unaided, solid black eyes. There's something not entirely wholesome in that gaze, a calculating inhumanity.

"There is a price to pay. Once it's done. A debt is owed. Do you accept that?"

Look up any additional information I can find regarding magisters, including both personal data (where they tend to live, what they tend to eat, who they tend to marry, what pets they tend to keep, etc) and information about their traits and abilities (how long they tend to live, how educated, intelligent, and/or skilled they tend to be, what they tend to have training in, any personality tendencies they have, whether they tend to have enhancements of any kind, etc)

While I'm at it, see if there's any humans officially or effectively not part of the UWM, as well as whether the UWM has any official diplomatic standing or known image to any other known race.

((Regarding the danger scale, tending more towards personal but horrific, excessive, or otherwise unusual. Arbiters would qualify because they're grossly excessive for most purposes, for instance, even though they're likely less dangerous than, say, a really really big gun. Guns capable of wiping out cities or other mundane but large-scale stuff gets a mention only if it's relatively rare to be able to do that or if it's designed for such a purpose explicitly.

Put another way, the Death Star would count only because it's designed for planetkilling specifically, not because it's really powerful. Jedi would probably count all the time, since they're gun-immune telekinetic mindrapist master swordsmen capable of cutting through anything, even though they're obviously a lot less dangerous than something that can kill a planet.))
The specifics of the magistars vary greatly, thanks to the differences in planets, but in general they are among the most wealthy and usually most highly educated men and women around, if only to keep up appearances. Seeing as the original magistars were some of the greatest strategists and thinkers of their time, their modern iterations often feel the need to "live up" to that image, if only superficially. The other trend is their habit of living in large, heavily fortified homes, for obvious reasons.

There are humans and human worlds that are not part  of the UWM, though not in the ways you'd expect.  Actual dissidents and rebels are rather rare, mostly because they tend to get killed, or only make up a part of the population, like on china-9. However, some places are technically free, though only technically. There are some Tomb worlds that have residents, usually criminals exiled there, plus the "forgotten" worlds; places that have, one way or another, fallen from current technological standings back to some anachronistic system. These are free only in that the UWM's power isn't felt there because there is no magistar or UWM forces there. These worlds are "reintegrated" into the UWM over time, but they often spend decades or centuries wallowing in preindustrial squalor in the mean time.

As per those weapons, well humans have lots. We have ships designed for the sole purpose of destroying planets, the arbiters, Titans, Avatars, half the upper ranks of the specialized military, Ghost ships, you name it.

Alien weapons sort of vary. They tend to use a lot more biological weapons then humans, since they don't have that massive turn of to genetic engineering that humans did via the altered war. They have their share of giant space guns and bombs though, as well as the occasional "super" soldier or the like.

((I thought that the translucency of the carbon fiber would disort lasers, and the polished steel would reflect it, if it's shiny enough. Would it work better if the steel and fiber were replaced by their future counterparts? If so, do that.))
Well, reflection and distortion will slow the effects of a laser, but reflection is never 100%, some heat is always gonna get transferred so you end up with something that is "laser resistant" rather then "laser proof". So it will work better then the standard suit and give you a few seconds of protection, but don't expect to survive a concentrated beam. As it is something like this has the advantage of being very cheap though.

VR Jim: See what May's up to at about the time she reaches 4 on her list.

(:P)
You walk in just at the point when thomas is...oh my.

...wonder if Feyri would do that...

Charro and VR-Charro sighed simultaneously, the latter settling down onto a nearby armchair. This wasn't really working...
'Maybe using VR sims whilst under the influence wasn't the best idea. I have a lot of not-the-best-ideas.'
Looking up from this gloomy introspection, he spoke to one elegantly-paneled wall, "Computer? Can you, uh... Fix this?"
>Ask Steve to sort out my VR mess.

>Right on that.

The screen goes blank. Seem's steves solution is to turn it off. Effective.

VR Milno 1: Join VR Jim.

VR Milno 2: "So that also gets you going aside from loot."
Who knew May was into that?

"Okay... Progress. Steve, any ideas how I can incorporate these sensors into the helmet without compromising the structure?"

Ask Steve for some help on the sensors and computer problem, and restore the corners. I'll have to make do with them present. Also, with the ether-gel and EMP protection in there, can the helmet withstand large explosions? What about a nuke? Also, find out the size for a powerful homing becon that could fit in a helmet.
>Well, you could get an oversized version of the helmet and add everything to the inside and then add extra padding on the inside. As per being nuked, that still might fry the electronics, but the helmet and the head should survive it, assuming you don't also drop a 10 ton piece of steel on it or something. But in cases like that, there isn't much you can do. And yeah, beacons are easy. You already got one in your head thanks to those shock implants.

Gorat slumps back against the wall. "Ophch. That got bigger than it should've."

Rest a while. Request more details on the cave hunters for some reading while resting.
Apparently they are about 5 feet tall, have balljointed limbs that give them great flexibility, they navigate via sonar, and build tools out of stone and animal parts. They live in  small communities and give birth to 3-5 pups every 10 years.

((Could anyone give me an update as to how May looks these days? I've heard her referred to as a "Sex Goddess" but I don't know what the really means.))

Go to Armory Master.

"Got the free time to show me the Tesla Arc?"
"As in demonstrate or just show? Because I think a demonstration might end poorly for you."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: July 08, 2012, 02:50:45 pm »

Try the idea of integrating the wristblade into the "bone" structure of a synthflesh prosthetic, with it coming out just above the first knuckle group.

((Also, might I suggest a Gamma Ray Laser instead of a Xaser? Relatively simple, just induce gamma emission in a rod of, oh, say, Hafnium? How much concentrated high-energy radiation can these suits be expected to take?

But, yeah. No complicated optics or any such stuff like for a regular laser or xaser, but inducing gamma emission might prove... difficult.

Eh, it would probably end up far too expensive, and you'd have to use a new induced gamma emission material rod each time you fire.))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:03:14 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: July 08, 2012, 03:15:14 pm »

(Ugh, I'm going to have to change my speech color, everyone's using Orange now. >.<)

VR Jim: Somehow use extranet connection to beam video to Real Jim along with notes that he should consider actual upgrades. Snark if he refuses to listen to reason.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: July 08, 2012, 03:19:34 pm »

Load up the power pack, replace the laser rifle joined to it with a plug that attaches to a socket, scans it, then sends wires down the socket to power it or drain power from it. Take Milnos armor, make it 2 inches thick, with a slot on the back for the power pack. Coat that with 1 inch of a reflective metal, liquid cool that with an add-on to the power pack. Keep a copy of modified Milnos. Test. Also, try to bring up a VR Milno and a VR Nekarious, ask them for recommendations as for what to do or not do.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:04:53 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: July 08, 2012, 03:36:20 pm »

VR Nekarios (If he succeeds in spawning it):

You need help?

Glance over at the current design.

Ah, I see. Going for an anti-laser quality, I'd assume, what with the attempt at the first layer being clear and the second polished metal.

Also, why'd you load a Milno program? It's not likely he'll be of much help, more likely to be a hindrance.

((Graduated from dying in a thermonuclear fireball to being a Tinker help program personality...))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:39:11 pm by PyroDesu »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: July 08, 2012, 03:38:06 pm »

"Yeah, pretty much. I figured, if you could create a rocket machine gun, you could help me with this stuff. I'm also working on that power pack I was hauling around."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: July 08, 2012, 03:43:38 pm »

"Sonar, then. Well, let's go for the next one. Still need to test out the laser."

Reset.

Randomly choose a known motile xeno as the enemy. Start a duel in the xeno's native surroundings, putting us at a randomized distance between 100 and 1000 feet. Display xeno information before the battle starts, then unpause.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: July 08, 2012, 03:44:55 pm »

VR Milno 1 taps VR Jim's shoulder as he sends the message. "Heh. Are you considering those additions now?"

VR Milno 2 keeps watching Jim.

VR Milno 3 smirks. "Says the VR version of a man now deceased due to sheer stupidity."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: July 08, 2012, 03:49:13 pm »

"Eh, Milno? You know anything about improving this armor design? I figure, you've got plenty of experience, so what are we going to be facing mostly?"

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: July 08, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »

"I'm just lookin' to familiarize myself with it, not get roasted from the inside out."

((Is this better SC? Also, I think May is now more disturbing than when she was a hairless, albino mutant...))

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: July 08, 2012, 03:52:25 pm »

With a reflective surface, you're only going to get rid of a portion of a laser's energy.

Lasers do their most damage through heating a very small area to a very high temperature, and that clear layer before the reflective one won't help, in that regard, in fact, it would likely melt from the heat. What you're going to want is a reflective surface that also can tolerate a fair amount of heat, perhaps with a layer of insulation behind it so that it, and it alone is receiving heat, as those inner layers also look fairly... insufficient when it comes to dissipating heat.

So, dissipating heat from the reflective surface itself: Probably the best way to do it is the same way that starships, computers, and the like are cooled, radiators. But in order to put radiators in the material itself, it has to have quite a good thermal conductivity, then you just shape the radiator fins into it. Another option might be liquid cooling, using tubes inside the insulator I mentioned before, in direct contact with the reflective surface, and the contacts also made of a material with a high thermal conductivity. I would suggest some kind of oil or other liquid synthetic, though, as water might become... hazardous if the temperature gets too high. The liquid would be pumped through the tubes and out to another radiator to be cooled and then pumped back to the reflective surface to absorb more heat, etc. etc.

To Milno-bot:

Deceased to overconfidence in my equipment. It was a fatal error on my part that I attempted to push it too far, but, at the time, I had no theory on the MFM's limits, other than the calculations required.

And besides, it probably made the rest of that mission much easier for the Milno in reality, plus anyone else who lived through that mishap.

Attempt to despawn the Milno-bot.

((The implants relay information to the ship automatically, who's to say that other equipment like the suits don't do the same?))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:05:03 pm by PyroDesu »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: July 08, 2012, 04:02:24 pm »

"Err... Okay?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: July 08, 2012, 04:10:37 pm »

What you want to do is move heat from one area to another, in the same piece. The area that heat is spread to should have a greater surface area to permit the heat to dissipate. However, the liquid cooling system would be more efficient, as it forces the heat transfer rather than letting it spread out evenly, but more complex, as it requires all kinds of tubing, pumps, and still requires an area with a large surface area.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:20:08 pm by PyroDesu »
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 2101