_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930458 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #3825 on: July 06, 2012, 09:06:08 pm »

(Uh... I might be totally mistaken about what just happened, but aren't you asking the wrong guy "how was it"?)
((May is asking for a rating from the audience. Steve must be pretty knowledgeable in these matters, since he has seen god-knows-how-many-convicts do it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: July 06, 2012, 09:35:59 pm »

((Guys... Ewww... Not with the albino abomination... Keep it in your pants!))

Find out what type of metal this helmet is made from and how big the viewport is as well as the faceplate. See if there is any effect when I round out the corners of the helmet. Put a layer of ether-gel inside the thing as well as thread battlesuit armor fibres (What are those really called by the way?) through the plating and then check the helmet's strength, heat and cold resistance, strength under pressure, durability and weight.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: July 06, 2012, 09:38:55 pm »

((Actually May's a sex goddess now, so it at least makes some sense. I think she got repigmented also, but I couldn't swear to that.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: July 06, 2012, 09:40:51 pm »

((Thomas already did it, it is too late for saying your prayers. And IronyOwl is also right about the body thing, although I do have my doubts if that makes the act any easier.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: July 06, 2012, 10:25:46 pm »

"Probrably a good idea. See you soon."
Thomas gets dressed, bids May farewell and heads for the VR chambers.
((Thomas is attracted to a womans mind, the body is a bonus. In Mays case, a large bonus.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: July 06, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »

((It's like doing it with a sentient sex doll if you ask me.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3831 on: July 06, 2012, 10:41:22 pm »

((You forgot 'How do they procreate'?))
Loudly.

"This is the H.M.R.C. huh' alot less erh... evil than i thought it would be"
Mason kervech finds an empty room somewhere.
Define empty. As in, with nothing in it or no one in it? Because I don't think there are either....Barracks have may and thomas...er...bonding, armory has armory master, infirmary has the Doctor....AH, the hanger is empty right now, least there's no people in there.

>Hunt around for a marker pen with which to write 'FOR' on my forhead.
Alternatively snap out of it.

You proceed to run around till you find something that looks kind of like a pen and proceed to write "FOR" on your head.

That stings a bit.

4 Tokens? A little steep, but, then again, this is a custom job. So, alright.

Hand over the tokens and arm in question.

Also, can I get a Hand Laser... and a pipe wrench?
The armory master takes your robo-arm after handing you your tool and hand laser.

"Stay here, I'll be back in a few minutes." She says before heading into the back.

The first species you come across that fits your search is called the Tembir, a spacefaring race of quadrupedal herbivores who manipulate their complex tools via 3 prehensile tongues.

Ooh, try to find details! What do they look like? How big are they? What do they eat? What do they traverse space in? Why? Do they have weapons? Any contact with other space-things?

And so on.

Appearance: 8 foot tall at the shoulder, 12 at the top of the head. Pigmentation varies, mostly dull greens with spots of brown and yellow.  Legs are large and bulky, forward jointed and ending in a circular hoof. Body shape resembles, roughly, alpaca like proportions with a long neck and quadrupedal locomotion. Has no tail, 4 eyes equally spaced around the head and a solid lower and upper jaw with rows of teeth leading all the way back to the esophagus. Tongues, which are upwards of 4 to 5 feet or 1.5 meters, are kept mostly in the throat when not in use.  Tends to be more ponderous than fast moving.

Diet: In nature it is believed that their diet of fruit and leaves from tall trees resulted in the long, prehensile tongues for which they are known. Outside of nature, they tend to eat any plant material, with specific diets being dependent on location, personal tastes and beliefs.   

Space traversal details: Use of artificial materials to create spaceships. Models vary, but are based around a fairly standard model of strapping large rocket engines to vaguely tube shaped things. Resemble early human rockets in many ways, save for the controls. As of yet they have yet to expand beyond their planet and a few colonies on other planets within their solar system. Manned Interstellar space flight is beyond their means currently, though they have launched probes. All observations of them have so far been from a distance and it is unknown if they have any realization of our presence.

Tools and weapons: Perhaps due to their herbivore origins, weapons, war and other overtly hostile actions and tools are much more rare. Those weapons and tools that they do possess are almost universally based around either use of their tongues for precise movement or their feet for power. As such, things such as screwdrivers are designed for tongues, while shovels are for feet. Guns, a relatively new invention for them, are based around being held in the teeth and fired via the tongue.

"Well...great. Hows about a parallel battery supply? Powered by...those tesla batteries?

"Is it possible to switch from conventional ammunition to tesla strikes of electricity?"

((Thread title reads: Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos))

Feyri glanced over to the Milnos, and wondered how they knew that, when she gave no indication that she did.

Telepathy?! ((Or meta.))

But this instance...was for science.

"Jim! I need you to sing in Allegro, and force-manipulate these sabres back at their holders!"

Ask the above, and about the Railgun, request a list of power sources that is can be carried by a field soldier that could be a potential supply for the Railgun in terms of efficiency and if renewable power sources are available as such.

Then request Jim to manipulate the trajectory angle of the sabres back at the Milno bots.

>You want a gun that shoots electricity and I want a ship that isn't filled with idiots. Tragedy, isn't it? You could probably rig up something like the tesla arc, but you can't "shoot" electricity.

As per power systems, pretty much any system can work, it's just dependent on how much you can carry and pay. You could run that thing using dozens of hand laser batteries or just one large generator. You need to specify sizes and firing rates before I can tell you anything. But if you're thinking about making one as powerful as the LESHO but rapid fire, you can pretty much rule that out as prohibitively heavy and expensive.

((Good god Caelleth, is your only social option "Snark"? Like, where a normal person is "Let's see, I could be snarky, kind or even heartfelt here", you go "I could be snarky, snarky, or maybe even snarky))
((Good question! ...But maybe that is also because I like to snark in meta when in-game snarking is not possible. I'm considering making both VR Milnos invade Faith's simulation and start snarking there. There is also the fact I like snarking, and, well.

@Tiruin: What do you mean by the Milnos knowing something? Do you mean they were right about Feyri's fantasies and fetishes with Jim? Oh boy, I'm good.))

VR Milnos: Catch the sabres.
VR Jim: Do as Feyri requested.
An enormous green, pixelated hand comes in and slaps you all upside the head.

That's it! Punch the girl in the teeth.
[dex:3]
[girl dex:5]
[girl str:6]
[end:2]
You take a swing at the girl, who promptly side steps and jabs her finger into your eye. OW MOTHER FUCKER OW! You fall to your knees, holding your eye.

"Thomas, we should probably get our clothes back on." May began putting on her clothing again.

"Hey Steve, did you catch all that? How was it?"

((So...May and Thomas had some 'character development'. I guess it's fine if any convict needs some special happy alone time.))

>I'll let you know once I'm finished uploading it to the internet.

Find out what type of metal this helmet is made from and how big the viewport is as well as the faceplate. See if there is any effect when I round out the corners of the helmet. Put a layer of ether-gel inside the thing as well as thread battlesuit armor fibres (What are those really called by the way?) through the plating and then check the helmet's strength, heat and cold resistance, strength under pressure, durability and weight.
The metal that the helmet is made of doesn't have a name, beyond just a serial number. You can call it industrial suit metal, if you want. Same thing goes for the fibers in the battlesuit. People in the textile industry are never very inventive when it comes to names. The Helmet doesn't actually have a manual viewport, the faceplate is permanent. Removing corners would be difficult mainly because they're so integrated into the  skeletal structure underneath the armor. And as per those fibers, they won't help here, they'll actually hinder. The metal doesn't handle deformation as well as battlesuit armor, so the wires would cause internal cracking.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: July 06, 2012, 10:49:59 pm »

"Fascinating," Faith muttered in wonder. It'd be so interesting to meet them, maybe exchange ideas...

She was suddenly sad that she belonged to a superadvanced race of murderous psychopaths still reeling from nearly unleashing a plague of genetic abominations upon the galaxy.

Speaking of which...

Check for aliens we've encountered under large-scale or otherwise significant hostile circumstances. Also check details on those fungus-folk, since I'm guessing they definitely qualify, but also check for a different match.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: July 06, 2012, 11:02:45 pm »

"Bye Thomas."

May ponders Steve's response. "Do we get Internet acsess Steve?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: July 06, 2012, 11:22:59 pm »

You take a swing at the girl, who promptly side steps and jabs her finger into your eye. OW MOTHER FUCKER OW! You fall to your knees, holding your eye.

((Haha, oh god. This is not good for Lukas' confidence.))

"Ow, you little bitch!

Slap the girl in the face.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: July 06, 2012, 11:31:01 pm »

Simus leans back, one foot on the wall, and crosses her left arm, waiting for the armory master to return.

When she does, Simus takes the forearm back, reattaches it, and tries out the system, making sure it works.

Also, please tell me that some of the straitjacket-qualified people around here aren't people I should expect to have with me on a mission. If they are, then that's why the courts ruled this a punishment worse than death, not the missions.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: July 06, 2012, 11:35:02 pm »

((I'm a little confused on how you can fall for a mind that used to be a male rapist, and has been so mentally scarred that it thinks it's a woman and has lost most social skills. Of course, I haven't been keeping track of this romance, so *shrug*.

Also, I'm going to throw this out again, Piecewise you do an amazing job at creating a world that feels alive, or at the very least makes sense. I have to wonder, how many pages of notes do you have on this RtD?))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: July 06, 2012, 11:44:07 pm »

((Also, I'm going to throw this out again, Piecewise you do an amazing job at creating a world that feels alive, or at the very least makes sense. I have to wonder, how many pages of notes do you have on this RtD?))

((I am amazed that he can even keep the "On-Ship" thread updating so frequently, at the same time as the mission thread. I've seen RtDs with fewer players, a waitlist a mile long, and a GM who only updates every month, if that.

So, I would assume that either PW is a computer, cyborg with a computer for half of his brain, would make a really good secretary with his excellent filing skills and memory, or has more notes than will fit on several external hard drives.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: July 07, 2012, 12:03:47 am »

((piecewise may or may not be Steve. Enough said.

Anyway, how will "Simus" react when she discovers her cousin killed thousands of people with a MFM-induced disaster?))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:53 am »

((piecewise may or may not be Steve. Enough said.

Anyway, how will "Simus" react when she discovers her cousin killed thousands of people with a MFM-induced disaster?))

((The F-I family has a bet on which will kill each member of the A-I family:

1: Pushing normal devices far beyond their limits.
2: Killed by their own creations.

x2 multiplier to the bet: Doing either of the above in such a way that there are major repercussions.

Simus will be slightly displeased that she cannot collect on her bet that Nekarios would push something too far, especially since she got a x2 multiplier.))
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 2101