_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926906 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Everyone is a Omnicidal idiot.
« Reply #3615 on: July 02, 2012, 02:17:36 pm »

((Short summaries of missions:

1:  Team kills an entire ancient alien race.

3:  Team gets a moon research base obliterated.

4:  Teams destroy a dam and flood a huge portion of countryside, no doubt causing thousands of civilian casualties.

5:  Team will torch a small town and kill everyone inside.

So far, mission 2 is the only one where mass murder didn't occur.  I'm shocked no one set off that bomb for giggles.))

((It is VR Jim that is playing music, not the RL one.))

((Boo.  Action redacted, then.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: July 02, 2012, 02:19:47 pm »

Actual Jim: Play dubstep for shits and giggles.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20:42 pm »

((There we go!))

Thrak jumps up.

"Hell yeah, broseph!"

Thrak breakdances.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: July 02, 2012, 02:24:02 pm »

So far, mission 2 is the only one where mass murder didn't occur.  I'm shocked no one set off that bomb for giggles.))
((I wanted to leave the bomb there and make Steve detonate it, but nooooo, they liked the creepy religious hivemind.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: July 02, 2012, 02:33:26 pm »

((So far, mission 2 is the only one where mass murder didn't occur.  I'm shocked no one set off that bomb for giggles.))
((Milno wanted to, as well as shooting the guy and taking his shit, but Faith stopped him/the team wasn't into it. :P))

((Boo.))
((There we go!))
((Seconded on both counts. :3))

"Perhaps I could hear some short summaries on those missions, if you like? Probably won't help much to see what to expect, but maybe a little bit."
"Uh, well...

The first mission was on some planetoid hurtling through space. We had to recover a power source... as it turns out it was powering some alien race's last ark." Faith looked a bit sad.

"Anyway, there were turrets, and we lost most of the shuttles due to anti-air weaponry. Then I figured out we could just shimmy past them; apparently they either couldn't notice us being flat, or moving slowly, or something. Then we got in and some metal sentinel swept some beam death weapon all around, but someone managed to slide under it and take it down. Then someone else grabbed the weapon and began using it, which worked great until it twisted his arm into a boneless sausage.

Anyway, then we grabbed the thing and got out. There were a few other interesting things as well, like murals and weird alien materials, which we got tokens for salvaging.

The second mission..." Faith shuddered. "It was to some pocket dimension. We all split up, because we didn't really have a plan, and then we lost radio contact with some people and I started hallucinating and everything went downhill from there. In the end... I think one other person made it back to wait by the shuttle with me, but mostly we just waited for a backup team. Then with them we headed straight into some temple-thing, and encountered all sorts of strange stuff, including a former member who had gone berserk.

Eventually it turned out that the place was led by some strange, very large man who had apparently been part of a commune. He and his people were essentially Altered hiveminds, I guess? Anyway he agreed to not ram his nebula-thing into important worlds and we left, though not before experimenting with memory clearings.

Oh and, apparently that berserk member infected me with some sort of hostile presence, so now I've got implants to control it. Some other guy... apparently was even less lucky, and is now slowly turning into an Altered."

Faith shuddered again.

"As for the third... uh... we were supposed to recover an artifact from the bottom of a lake while the other team took out the AA cannons so we could escape. Our drop thing was hit, but clean through, and it didn't really affect us. The other team was apparently cut up pretty bad, though. Then the other team created a miniature star. How or why I don't know; I guess the guy that did it overloaded his amp or something? Anyway, that took out the dam and created an explosion that did this," she gestured to her wounds again, "and a lot worse to some people. One... girl was basically limbless, and a few more died. Most of them permanently.

Of course, horrible as that was, that basically took out all the opposition and obstacles, so we just grabbed the artifact and left after that. Once the lake was done draining, I mean."

Faith gulped. "So, yeah. That's the HMRC. Um... good luck.

Oh and, what do you do? Like, what are you good at?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: July 02, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »

"We're even more dead than I thought." Gorat brushes over his goatee after Faith finishes her summaries. As she asks what he can do, he says "Is this a bad time to say that I got an amp installed? Haven't had time to test things out much yet."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: July 02, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

Ivan inches away.
"Keep that thing away from me. I've had enough bad experiences with amps to last the rest of my life."
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: July 02, 2012, 02:50:16 pm »

"Oh, well, I haven't heard about anything bad with those other than the one... incident. I'm sure you'll be fine so long as you don't do anything stupid. Like, really stupid, we're not... I think I'd have heard about it if regular stupid was enough, you know?

Anyway, uh, nice meeting you, and sorry to interrupt what was probably your testing of said amp."

Unless Gorat has anything more to say, wander off to find a different stranger to bother.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3623 on: July 02, 2012, 03:00:48 pm »

Duck tape. Maybe Steve wasn't the most knowledgable on this subject. May walks to the armory, on the way asking Steve, "Hey Steve, how do they decide which dead people make up your Wetware? And how often do they add new ones?"

>It's usually the ones that come back but can't be revived.

"Huh. That's a shame. Good thing May's safe. I don't how I'd react if she died..."
Thomas enters the VR and loads up the crossbow, longbow and arrows/bolts he was working on. 
You load up your poorly remembered crossbow,longbow, thing-jig.

VR Jim: Blare dubsteb while making honking sounds.

(Are we waiting on anything/anyone to start the mission?)
Gonna start it here in a minute.

HONK HONK WUB WUB HONK HONK WUB WUB

((@GM: I want that only to activate when I'm dodging, as in when I have activated the pods to dodge.))
Alright, how would you like the thing to know when you're dodging? Some sort of accelerometer? It's a little hard for the computer in your suit to guess what movements are dodging and what aren't
((@GM: Yeah, an accelerometer could work, or just make it work whenever the rocket pods are on and something at high speeds approaches the suit. Also, the intention is dampening the impact, but not making the suit suddenly jerk to avoid a wall, or it would create the same problem over and over, like a pinball machine. I want it to work like the propulsion system of a landing craft, using the rocket pods to lessen the impact against the surface and allowing for the suit to softly bump against a wall instead of crashing against it, for example.  - wait, could I actually create a melee auto-dodge based on that system?))
An auto dodge system like that? Yeah, thats possible, though it would only work with some things. Not gonna dodge bullets, or weave through blows or something, but you'd always manage to leap back and avoid crap thats going subsonic.

Thrak jumps up.

"Hell yeah, broseph!"

Thrak breakdances.
((It is VR Jim that is playing music, not the RL one.))

VR Milno checks if he can also modify the VR by trying to summon an horde of angry robotic honey badgers to attack Feyri.
A horde of angry robotic badgers carrying banners to your Majesty charge in from behind feyri and trample her.

Actual Jim: Play dubstep for shits and giggles.
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

((There we go!))

Thrak jumps up.

"Hell yeah, broseph!"

Thrak breakdances.

[Dex:5+1]
You spin on your head, kicking everyone around you in the faceplate repeatedly.  Nice.
"Oh, well, I haven't heard about anything bad with those other than the one... incident. I'm sure you'll be fine so long as you don't do anything stupid. Like, really stupid, we're not... I think I'd have heard about it if regular stupid was enough, you know?

Anyway, uh, nice meeting you, and sorry to interrupt what was probably your testing of said amp."

Unless Gorat has anything more to say, wander off to find a different stranger to bother.
There doesn't look to be any more strangers around here...maybe somewhere else?

Ok people, shuttle is taking off here in a moment, so everyone on mission, head to the other thread.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: July 02, 2012, 03:05:58 pm »

"No problem." Gorat considers going back into the VR, but his stomach has other ideas. He gets some food at random, nodding to the man who proclaimed bad experiences with amps, and watches the TV a bit while eating.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: July 02, 2012, 03:10:28 pm »

"So could one of us potentially end up as part of your Wetware?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: July 02, 2012, 03:12:40 pm »

Travis takes in his team's comments....

"I only seek my own safety. As in past missions, our greatest danger, was ourselves. If I ran this mission, I would split us all up into teams of 1, and systematically break into every house. That would leave about 3 houses per member to search, drastically reducing mission time. What our friend the assassin wants is time. Time to manipulate. Time to assimilate. Time to pick us off one by one. If we don't give him that luxury...we can quickly corner him. As Steve said earlier, you can resist Organochemistry Overrider for a limited time. All we simply do is shout we're under attack, and approach the numbered house he was searching, and form a perimeter around it.

I also never mentioned turning off Jim, so let us not get onto hostilities so quickly. I'm only worried about Thrak..as his appearance is rather...disconcerting, and is likely to cause the civilians to form a mob with shotguns and pitch forks.

I stopped drinking a long time ago Thrak. It's the reason I'm here.

Anyway, if I do approach you, please do, shoot me. It is for your safety and mine we keep separated."

Wow. That was a better speech than the one you did before the battle of 2034 on Mars, Travis.

Travis keeps his gun ready, though. That Jim fellow seems to be a short fuse
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: July 02, 2012, 03:13:26 pm »

Yes, search elsewhere. Infirmary perhaps? Surely there's strange people to bother somewhere.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: July 02, 2012, 03:14:07 pm »

((I'm going to recreate them as I remember them))
Thomas recreates them, making them both out of the lightest, strongest material he can find. Essentially the carbon fiber of the future. He makes the arrows and bolts out of the same material, but puts a lead core in the center. There are three varieties for each, one kinetic amp tipped, one explosive tipped and one taser tipped.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:19:47 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: July 02, 2012, 03:18:55 pm »

Travis poses yet another question to Steve

"Steve. You can view our live feeds, right? The assassin can't emulate that, correct?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 2101