_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928233 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Everyone is a Omnicidal idiot.
« Reply #3585 on: July 02, 2012, 11:25:39 am »

VR Milno: Snark at Feyri, fly around nonchalantly.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: July 02, 2012, 11:38:01 am »

"Thanks Doc!"
Thomas walked down to the Armory Master, where he gets a Mark II, and gets a price check on the longbow and crossbow he was designing before the mission.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: July 02, 2012, 11:45:32 am »

(Human Materials and Resources - Cheap!)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: July 02, 2012, 12:18:22 pm »

"What do you mean, roughly? Roughly as in inside a specific house, or within a 5ft by 5ft area?"

Travis finishes his questioning and waits in the shuttle

Travis thought for a bit.

Jim is going to be easy to control. If this assassin breaks his mind, he'll pretty much be the same person, which is a robotic voice and virtual face...thing. He doesn't need to do anything complex to appear to be in the same state of mind. Thankfully, we can shut him down whenever. Which brings up a point.

"Yo Steve. Beetle man over there. Do you have the ability to shut him down?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: July 02, 2012, 12:20:18 pm »

(Protip: Even so much as suggest shutting Jim down and he'll kill you before the shuttle takes off.)

Jim looked at Travis suspiciously. He didn't like what this question was implying.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: July 02, 2012, 12:26:49 pm »

"Something a bit sturdier than these ones. Maybe quadripedal, for some extra stability, plus if one gets broken I have three others. How much would something like that cost?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3591 on: July 02, 2012, 12:46:12 pm »

"Father! Brugo!! Food-Bot 3000?!" Charro runs madly along, desperately calling the names of various family members. (Including the robot cook)
"Where are you?! Hello? WHY IS IT SO DARK HELLO THIS IS NOT NICE help!!!"

>Keep running, start shouting madly in a panic. As you do.
YAAAARGHHHAAAA! YARRGAAAAHHAAAA! OHHHHGAHHHHHRAAAA!

You go screaming and running into the darkness before suddenly returning to reality as you run head first into the doorframe of the armory.

((I have the paralysis gas still installed in my helmet, by the way.))

Milno checks if there is any auto-response system with motion and speed sensors he could install in his armor so that every time he is approaching a hard surface too fast, the pods may instantly kick into action in reverse to dampen the shock. If there isn't anything like that, he sends a request to the techies, since he still has some tokens to spend and he can buy that one. If they don't accept, VR machine it is. If it is outside his budget, he stays in the shuttle.
((I'm trying to prevent Milno from dislocating his shoulder or even worse every time he overshoots when dodging.))
Such a thing is possible, but you'd need some proximity sensors for that to work. And there's the minor problem that if, say, someone falls into you, you're going to fly back at 80 miles an hour or so. So it will work but it will have some minor issues.

((Survive a nuke eh? That sounds about right to me. Time for design!))

Bring up the MK 3 helmet and look at the shape. How is it formed exactly? How much head room is there inside it so to fit as many general sizes of head as possible? Is there any reinforcing frames inside it and if so, what is their design? How is the neck iris designed and where abouts are the mechanisms for it? Where is the computer in the helmet? Where are the lamps, light amps and cameras positioned on the helmet? What is the display inside the thing and how does it work in terms of power, design and linking to the amps and such?

Dissect the damn thing basically. Find out as much as possible about it's design and functionality.

The shape of the helmet is somewhat like a upside bucket with a rounded bottom. It's a straight walled cylinder from the neck to above the head at which point it slopes dramatically into rounded top.  The inside is basically exactly what you would expect out of a bucket shaped helmet, mildly padded on the inside and with enough space to fit most peoples' heads. There is in fact a framework inside the helmet; the helmet is basically a sheet of metal, ether-gel, the framework space in which all the electronics are stored, and then the inner metal sheet. The framework itself seems to be based on triangular spaces made by metal rods.

The iris system is a self contained system at the base of the helmet, with all the actuators and individual metal plates that make up the iris hidden in the space of the helmet. The lamps are placed on the upper part of the helmet, pretty much on the left and right extremes of the forehead. The camera that feeds to the inner display, is set in the center of the faceplate, and the light amplification is just a program loaded into the computer of the suit. The display itself is basically a flat screen display on the inside of the faceplate.

"Didn't know this would work." A coilgun/guassgun had different principles from a railgun.

Hybrid time!

"What if the Tesla Sabre battery worked as a reserve power supply? And the main one would be...a Tesla Arc? No.

Hm, what if I derive the power supply from the Plasma Projector? Would that be feasible?"

Ask Computer

((I love how everyone follows the rules and switches threads accordingly or waits for the rest before mission starts.

Also, I love Bay12 for the nth time!))

> You could...but you've have to have capacitors to hold the needed charge. As per all the rest, that kinda depends on a lot of things. The size of the gun, for instance.

(( What do the prosthetic limbs look like? I was imagining them to be metal robot parts, but knowing me I'm probably wrong.
Also, it's a good thing Renen isn't on ship anymore. I think May turning into a sex goddess would be a bit to much for him.))
"Do you guys have any devices for mammary support? I mean, I don't want to break my spine everytime I run." May looks up at the ceiling. "Hey Steve, where did the H.opeless M.orons R.aiding C.rap go this mission?"

>I'm sure you can get a roll of duct tape from the armory master.

As per where they went, they went to capture a serial killer.

(( What do the prosthetic limbs look like? I was imagining them to be metal robot parts, but knowing me I'm probably wrong.
Also, it's a good thing Renen isn't on ship anymore. I think May turning into a sex goddess would be a bit to much for him.))
"Do you guys have any devices for mammary support? I mean, I don't want to break my spine everytime I run." May looks up at the ceiling. "Hey Steve, where did the H.opeless M.orons R.aiding C.rap go this mission?"

((I'm not sure, when I recall how Jim looked like a geth from Mass Effect, with black muscle bundles and metal bones underneath, then thats how I imagine prosthetic limbs look like, with the exception of Synth limb replacements which I think would have a skin layer over the top.

Also, love what you did there with HMRC there. Cracked me up.  :D))
Yeah, they're a lot like if you took someone's skin off and replaced the muscle with black synthetic muscle and the bone with metal.  And synth-flesh is something else entirely, it's a grown substance, not a manufactured substance like the normal prosthetic.

((Finally done catching up in both threads.  You guys are all nuts.))

Thrak shakes his head.

"No no, I mean get them wasted drunk!  Aren't the booze and shit free?  Lemme go get some!"

Thrak runs out of the shuttle to the armory, collects as much of the extra-strength liquor as he can carry, and runs back to the shuttle with it.
You head to the armory and get yourself a 100 gallon steel drum of standard HMRC booze. You roll the drum back to the shuttle and sit down, resting your feet on the drum and snapping your fingers at people.

"Radical"

VR Jim: Go on a rampage with the MM Amp and just fling shit around for the hell of it.

Real Jim, on the other hand, set his device to broadcast a unique signal like Milno suggested.

(Good thing I actually do have a MM Amp. It might make this mission a slight bit easier, assuming I can use it to fling the chucklefuck we're chasing around once we identify him.)
Vr Jim immediately picks up the corpse of the unknown bot man and hurls it into feyri before he picks himself up and flies around with milno while making goose noises.

VR Milno: Snark at Feyri, fly around nonchalantly.
Milno bot flies around above feyri's head.

"Yeah, throwing a tesla sabre? Great idea, next you can beat a man to death with a rifle."

"Thanks Doc!"
Thomas walked down to the Armory Master, where he gets a Mark II, and gets a price check on the longbow and crossbow he was designing before the mission.
You buy that MK II, leaving you with 1 token.

As per that crossbow, did you ever actually finish it? I remember you playing around with it, but not finalizing it.

"What do you mean, roughly? Roughly as in inside a specific house, or within a 5ft by 5ft area?"

Travis finishes his questioning and waits in the shuttle

Travis thought for a bit.

Jim is going to be easy to control. If this assassin breaks his mind, he'll pretty much be the same person, which is a robotic voice and virtual face...thing. He doesn't need to do anything complex to appear to be in the same state of mind. Thankfully, we can shut him down whenever. Which brings up a point.

"Yo Steve. Beetle man over there. Do you have the ability to shut him down?"

>Depends on how many people are around and how skillful the user is. As per that guy, he's the Doctor's play toy, not mine.

"Something a bit sturdier than these ones. Maybe quadripedal, for some extra stability, plus if one gets broken I have three others. How much would something like that cost?"
The doctor strokes a stubbly beard and sniffs. "You want it to have legs or would treads work?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: July 02, 2012, 12:52:09 pm »

VR Jim: Change emoticon to :V and continue flying about. Also circle VR Milno around Feyri's head using the amp.

Real Jim merely sits and waits for the mission to begin.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: July 02, 2012, 12:54:43 pm »

((@GM: I want that only to activate when I'm dodging, as in when I have activated the pods to dodge.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: July 02, 2012, 01:02:09 pm »

Thrak looks like he has an epiphany.

"Dude, why don't we just throw a bigass kegger and get everyone in the town wasted?  We can spike the booze with whatever, and just pick through them all when they're knocked out to find our man?  Even if the dude just hides, we can find him better that way.  Too many people in one area for him to start shanking bros, yo?"
((I actually like this plan. What is wrong with me? :P

Also the fact that he's bringing a keg to the mission is just too much. This is going to be the best mission ever.))

Gorat leaves the VR to check who is poking him in reality. "Hello. Can I help ya?"

((Of course I get poked from a different time zone. :p))
"Hello! I just, uh, wanted to, uh, figured I should say hello to someone who wasn't one of my teammates. Yet. Someone I've already worked with, you know?

So... I'm Faith. I'm a medic. Pleased to meet you?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: July 02, 2012, 01:07:26 pm »

((If this even remotely works, I'm going to do it for EVERY mission.  Plus, as a last resort, it's flammable.  Hey, someone wanted to burn buildings, right?))

"Yo Jim, you got speakers, tunes, strobe lights and shit in that suit?  This party's gonna be off da hook."

If Thrak had a working face, it'd have a grin stretch over it.

((Thrak may be disappointed when he realizes he can't get drunk himself.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: July 02, 2012, 01:10:19 pm »

Jim thought. "I don't know. The situation's never come up."

Jim checks to see if he has speakers and strobe lights; if so, he heads back to the AM to see if he can get a bunch of random songs downloaded to his hard drive. Then he returns to the shuttle.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: July 02, 2012, 01:12:48 pm »

"A... party?  I never was one for those, myself.  But I think we can combine our ideas... get everyone drunk in one place, then while they're distracted burn down the town to catch any stragglers.  It's foolproof!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: July 02, 2012, 01:14:44 pm »

"Well, a party's always better with a bonfire, right?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: July 02, 2012, 01:16:51 pm »

Travis nods. Beetle man is going to be a problem, no matter which way you slice it. Might be best to take him out if he causes too much trouble.

Travis notices Jim looking at him. He smiles lightly.

Tin can man is a little afraid of being shut down. I might be able to use this later.

"So. Team mates. I will be following you guys from a distance. I'll either conduct my own searches or make sure your searches...don't go wrong. Do not approach me. I will shoot you if you do. I will remain radio silent the entire mission unless I find the assassin, at which point I will have Steve verify and we can get on our merry way"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 2101