_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935858 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3270 on: June 28, 2012, 02:24:15 am »

I'm working on the TVTropes page for this. Quick, tell me some of your favorite lines from the game! And some Tropes that go on! And other things!

(I'll do the actual post here in a few when I'm done getting the basic page set up)

I like the one by TCM that I put in my quote.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: June 28, 2012, 02:34:17 am »

Bishop waved to get Feyri's attention.

"Hoi! Feyri! There you are. You wanted to talk with me?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: June 28, 2012, 06:54:54 am »

((Happy Birthday Piecewise! :))

I hate you, timezones!))

Feyri turned her head towards the virtual sky, hearing a sonorous tone that reminded her of her team leader in the past. She could feel herself deactivating the Virtual Reality, and came face to face with Bishop.

Her eyes widened at seeing him up close, he looked...different. His skin was smoother, his facial features were younger...it was either the aftereffects of playing with electronics, or there was a spa on board the Paracelsus’ Sword.

She tried to put on the best smile she could offer, but decided to be frank with him. "Hiya Bishop. Well, yes I did. No on our last mission, Jim explained it all to me."

:-\

"I've been wondering about making an improved laser-based weapon, something akin to a Free Electron Laser of archaic times, you know? Something that could be used in all situations, though it would be expensive...

"Anyway, I guess you're busy with your own designs Where did you get that treatment? so...just a note."

Quote from: Memory
The coils of a Gauss rifle are designed to fire in sequence for a very short period of time, rather then the continuous and simultaneous firing a laser would need. So not only would you need a new powersource (which the tesla battery could handle) but you'd need custom made firing control circuitry to control the coils.

"And on that note, do you know anything that runs on a Tesla Sabre battery that could sustain repeated pulsing fire, without diffusion and radiation aftereffect to the user?"

Ask Bishop.

Wish Steve a Happy Birthday! Because intuition!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:57:29 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: June 28, 2012, 06:56:36 am »

((I'm already fiddling with the TV Tropes page. I swear I'll try to find every Trope that applies then add Einsteinian Roulette as an example on their pages as well.))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:04:35 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: June 28, 2012, 07:40:40 am »

Thrak looked around for anyone who looks important.

"Yo, doctor-man!  Anyone home?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: June 28, 2012, 08:00:38 am »

Look on the bright side, Lukas is not trying to grope the female convicts and then blaming it on a personality disorder. :P))

((OK, I will just pretend that this was not with Renen. Ok, he deserves this, but Renen has failed in most of his atempts up until now.))

Renen looks at the options and picks dessert 1, eating it.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: June 28, 2012, 08:08:23 am »

Bishop nodded in understanding.

"I'm glad you know about the mission and why I had to act in that way. It's kinda big having the fate of most of humanity on your shoulders and knowing that if you screw it up, a lot of good people would die because of it.

Oh, so my treatment is working already somehow?"

He looks at his hands and rolls up his right sleve and looks in amazement at his upper right arm.

"Wow, it certainly works fast! I used to have a big scar there from an accident I had in the tech corps, and now it's like I never had it at all! Man, I've had that thing for ages, I feel kinda naked without it now... Oh, if you're wondering how I'm looking like this, I got the Fibroblast Enhancement Therapy with most of my tokens. Let me tell you, that shit is intense. Needles straight into your bones, eyes and organs. Works real good though, I got the last needle right here..."

Bishop points out the spot where the last needle went in, right over his heart.

"And when it came out, not even a single drop of blood came out, it healed that fast. I got the therapy since I don't really want to go all robotic if possible and I don't want to have any permenant disabilities like some of the other guys when they came back from the land of the dead. I've yet to really find out how long I would take to heal from something real nasty, like what Mesk has for example, but I don't think it would take anywhere near as long.

Oh, and sure I'll help you with your stuff. My project has stalled since I need to find some kind of more suitable material for armor plating, so I'll give you a hand. You don't happen to know a material that has more tensile strength than battleship plating when both are at 1 inch thickness, do you?"

Help Feyri with her project. See if I can come up with a proper system for the coils and a suitable powersource.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: June 28, 2012, 09:10:09 am »

"I'm glad you know about the mission and why I had to act in that way. It's kinda big having the fate of most of humanity on your shoulders and knowing that if you screw it up, a lot of good people would die because of it."
((...The only fate on Bishop's shoulders were his and the team's. Because if they failed, the moon would be promptly destroyed anyway.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 28, 2012, 10:11:53 am »

Hmmm.... the bleachy aftertaste wasn't so good, but April did like the vanilla... well she wouldn't taste the bleach much if she at it all at once, huh?
April downs the pudding.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:00 am »

((Yeah, but Steve didn't know that there was such a civilization destroying thing on the damn rock until I told him so. I don't claim all the credit, but I had a part in it.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3280 on: June 28, 2012, 11:24:16 am »

Thanks for helping with the Tvtropes page everyone! If there's anyone that knows tropes this game has but doesn't feel like editing the page themselves, post em here and I'll put them up.
(( So, just to make sure, did my character find anyone in the infirmary, specificly a person in an outfit differing from the one convicts wear (probably one in a variation of a white lab coat)? ))
(( Uh, and I'd like to mention that your occasional shout-outs are gorgeous - but that might be just me; the thread titles, however, are awesome for sure. (I can't remember the specific trope names, but AFAIR for each of the two there was a trope, I believe) ))
Hello. You must be the Doc, right? Do you have a moment to talk?
(If there is nobody in the infrimary, or if the Doc is clearly busy, quietly back off into the corridor.))
As [Thrak] (a convict (someone either in the convict clothes from before or just as naked as himself after leaving the stasis pods) he hasn't met before) went in, Maurice stepped aside and let the person have his business with the Doc.
Well, let us have a talk later when there are no pending patients. Good day to you, sir!
Head to the bathroom.
Oh, sorry, I didn't see that.

You head back to the barracks and into the bathroom. It's a rather large room with one wall taken up by showers, another by stalls and the third by sinks and mirrors.

(Birthday's over... did you have fun, PW? ^^^)

Jim ducked past the man and attempted to stab him in the back, just to the left of the middle spine.
[Dex:2]
[Man dex:5]
[Man str: 5+1]
[end:6]
The lightning fast charge combined with stab to the heart that you envisioned plays out a lot more like a leisurely walk rudely interrupted by a large metal bat to the back of the head. You go down harder than May on Thomas, Your head practically propelled into the ground. Your dizzy, confused, disoriented and bleeding, face down on the hard white...whatever the ground in this simulation is made of.

((I'm already fiddling with the TV Tropes page. I swear I'll try to find every Trope that applies then add Einsteinian Roulette as an example on their pages as well.))
Awesome, thanks Caellath!

Thrak looked around for anyone who looks important.

"Yo, doctor-man!  Anyone home?"
A man in large round glasses and a respirator mask peeks out of behind an empty bed at hearing your shouting.

"Hello."

Look on the bright side, Lukas is not trying to grope the female convicts and then blaming it on a personality disorder. :P))

((OK, I will just pretend that this was not with Renen. Ok, he deserves this, but Renen has failed in most of his atempts up until now.))

Renen looks at the options and picks dessert 1, eating it.
You get yourself some dessert 1 and scarf it down in  a few bites. Huh...minty.

Bishop nodded in understanding.

"I'm glad you know about the mission and why I had to act in that way. It's kinda big having the fate of most of humanity on your shoulders and knowing that if you screw it up, a lot of good people would die because of it.

Oh, so my treatment is working already somehow?"

He looks at his hands and rolls up his right sleve and looks in amazement at his upper right arm.

"Wow, it certainly works fast! I used to have a big scar there from an accident I had in the tech corps, and now it's like I never had it at all! Man, I've had that thing for ages, I feel kinda naked without it now... Oh, if you're wondering how I'm looking like this, I got the Fibroblast Enhancement Therapy with most of my tokens. Let me tell you, that shit is intense. Needles straight into your bones, eyes and organs. Works real good though, I got the last needle right here..."

Bishop points out the spot where the last needle went in, right over his heart.

"And when it came out, not even a single drop of blood came out, it healed that fast. I got the therapy since I don't really want to go all robotic if possible and I don't want to have any permenant disabilities like some of the other guys when they came back from the land of the dead. I've yet to really find out how long I would take to heal from something real nasty, like what Mesk has for example, but I don't think it would take anywhere near as long.

Oh, and sure I'll help you with your stuff. My project has stalled since I need to find some kind of more suitable material for armor plating, so I'll give you a hand. You don't happen to know a material that has more tensile strength than battleship plating when both are at 1 inch thickness, do you?"

Help Feyri with her project. See if I can come up with a proper system for the coils and a suitable powersource.
[int:1+1] You think about Feyri's problem for a few seconds and then announce, "Nope. You're screwed."

Hmmm.... the bleachy aftertaste wasn't so good, but April did like the vanilla... well she wouldn't taste the bleach much if she at it all at once, huh?
April downs the pudding.
You tip the plate and practically drink the pudding. Is pudding supposed to burn slightly as it goes down?

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3281 on: June 28, 2012, 11:43:44 am »

((As far as the TVTropes page goes, there definitely needs to be a "Too dumb to live" entry.))

"Ah well, thanks anyway.", Kyle replied to the AM, before heading back towards the VR.

Head to the VR, spawn myself a microwave field manipulator, and enter a combat situation, situated in an abandoned complex, with roughly standard human/alien enemies. Set the difficulty to increase progressively as I make it through the building.

((Cue the armory master being the final boss.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: June 28, 2012, 12:00:09 pm »

"I hate to say it, but your idea is unfeasible right now. And we already have functioning laser weapons right now, why make a whole new one?"

Bishop shrugged helplessly.

"It also complicates matters that you are using parts that are not originally meant for such uses. If you try doing that, you'll get burn outs and also compatability issues with connecting some parts to others. Parhaps you should rethink your idea?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: June 28, 2012, 12:12:51 pm »

Jim slashed at the man's heel while he was down, then attempted to scramble away and get some room to recover.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »

(( I was just wondering, how do we add pages on TV Tropes, like Laconic? We definetly need a Characters page also.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 2101