_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935533 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3255 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:39 pm »

((Anything about Faith the Medic. The last one about the brain worms had me cracking up.))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: June 27, 2012, 09:07:32 pm »

I'm working on the TVTropes page for this. Quick, tell me some of your favorite lines from the game! And some Tropes that go on! And other things!
((I actually registered for that purpose, but I am ashamed to say I never went farther than cataloguing three tropes before something got me out of the process. Well, at the very least now I have no excuse to do it.

@piecewise: Are you putting it under the "Roleplaying" Namespace?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: June 27, 2012, 09:12:43 pm »

((Pretty much anything involving low social or mental rolls is sheer gold. The space raptor Jesus thing from the second mission, for instance.

Renen's genital introduction also qualifies. As do his miserable failures at VR molestation, if you're counting non-quotes.

I'm not sure if it really qualifies as a quote, but Elizas' [Aux 1-1] attempt at a lusty VR AM.

"Mildly brain damaged snakes" or whatever it was. I forget if it was piecewise or Caellath who said it or when, but it was in reference to our method of getting past the turrets on the first mission.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: June 27, 2012, 09:14:26 pm »

((Faith's attempt at molesting children. We simply can't forget that one.

But then again only two quotes would suffice in the top part of the page. I say the bodies/men/bodies and the "Try again but with less molestery" ones should be the ones picked.))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:16:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: June 27, 2012, 09:20:31 pm »

((Caellath, your signature quote would do quite well, too.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: June 27, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »

((Caellath, your signature quote would do quite well, too.))
((Yeah, I guess so. Which actually remembers me a good amount of the players already has a quote from the RtD on their signature.))
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: June 27, 2012, 09:37:26 pm »

((Don't forget the classic:))

Without pausing an instant you grab jim's body and sling him toward the sentinel, sending the body skimming across the ground like a corpesy hovercraft. You ready your rifle and sprint forward, the pain in your leg forgotten. You leap and land on the skimming corpse, riding it forward in a completely metal powerslide, limboing under the Metal Sentinel.

"we mean no harm!" you shout as you open fire.

((And yeah, action.))

Thrak nodded and scanned the list.  He looks at his paltry five tokens compared to the synth-flesh and fancy suit prices, then looked back.

"I'll ask the doc, yo.  Peace out!"

Offer the AM a fist bump and head out to the infirmity to look for the doctor.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:39:29 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: June 27, 2012, 09:41:44 pm »

Offer the AM a fist bump

((You'll be getting your cybernetics - but you needn't worry about choosing them, or even walking to the Medbay.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 27, 2012, 09:43:21 pm »

((Happy birthday piecewise! :D))

Charro, still in the grips of a sugar-rush, sidles over to April and helpfully recommends a tasty combination of desserts 1-3.
"It's really tasty!"
He then wanders back to his seat and resumes watching TV.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: June 28, 2012, 12:23:21 am »

((I have to say, even though it was bad to Bishop, how he reacted when a corpse fell on him, and maybe how he sliced the lock perfectly while high on painkillers, as recommendations for quotes.

Also, Mesk's doctoring with kicks was hilarious, especially when he threw that pill at Bishop afterward. That cracked me up.))

"This is just not going to work... Ah well, maybe something else will?"

Bishop remembered that Feyri wanted to talk with him, and since he was now free, he decided to see what's up with her.

Hop out of the VR and go find Feyri.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: June 28, 2012, 12:30:33 am »

(( Uh, and I'd like to mention that your occasional shout-outs are gorgeous - but that might be just me; the thread titles, however, are awesome for sure. (I can't remember the specific trope names, but AFAIR for each of the two there was a trope, I believe) ))
Hello. You must be the Doc, right? Do you have a moment to talk?
(If there is nobody in the infrimary, or if the Doc is clearly busy, quietly back off into the corridor.))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:46:04 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3266 on: June 28, 2012, 01:13:33 am »

Well, here's a start:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/EinsteinianRoulette
Feel free to add to it, I've only just scratched the surface I think.

Jim swallowed. As a human, he was an average sized man; perhaps an inch shorter than the norm, and a little thin. He definitely didn't have anything on this guy. If this fucker kills me I'm respawning in my robot body, he thought, mainly to amuse himself, as he reviewed attack strategies. The first, and probably best, idea he had was to go in low, stab the guy in the legs to slow him down.
[Dex:5+1]
[man dex:1]
[Str:3]
[end:1+1]
You dodge under the big man's blows and drag your blade across his shins, cutting a shallow gash into the flesh.

Shrugging, April made an inquisitive noise a she lightly poked at the pudding and tasted it.
The pudding tastes vaguely of vanilla and bleach.

((SC, want a pair for your synthflesh arms? I'm going for integrated, but not with the components inside the arm (Rather like a switchblade), but I can also make some in synthflesh.))

Put the aforementioned monoatomic filaments in quarter-inch deep channels in the side of the blade, that go through the whole blade.
Just remember that the filaments have to be held straight, so your blade is gonna be like a double sided straight razor.

((Don't forget the classic:))

Without pausing an instant you grab jim's body and sling him toward the sentinel, sending the body skimming across the ground like a corpesy hovercraft. You ready your rifle and sprint forward, the pain in your leg forgotten. You leap and land on the skimming corpse, riding it forward in a completely metal powerslide, limboing under the Metal Sentinel.

"we mean no harm!" you shout as you open fire.

((And yeah, action.))

Thrak nodded and scanned the list.  He looks at his paltry five tokens compared to the synth-flesh and fancy suit prices, then looked back.

"I'll ask the doc, yo.  Peace out!"

Offer the AM a fist bump and head out to the infirmity to look for the doctor.
You offer your fist to the Armory master who just stares at you. You nod slowly and sheepishly retract your fist before heading off to the Infirmary. As soon as you get there you realize you have no idea what the doctor looks like.

((I have to say, even though it was bad to Bishop, how he reacted when a corpse fell on him, and maybe how he sliced the lock perfectly while high on painkillers, as recommendations for quotes.

Also, Mesk's doctoring with kicks was hilarious, especially when he threw that pill at Bishop afterward. That cracked me up.))

"This is just not going to work... Ah well, maybe something else will?"

Bishop remembered that Feyri wanted to talk with him, and since he was now free, he decided to see what's up with her.

Hop out of the VR and go find Feyri.
You get out of the VR machine and Find Feyri standing around in the Armory.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:51 am »

(( So, just to make sure, did my character find anyone in the infirmary, specificly a person in an outfit differing from the one convicts wear (probably one in a variation of a white lab coat)? ))
(( Uh, and I'd like to mention that your occasional shout-outs are gorgeous - but that might be just me; the thread titles, however, are awesome for sure. (I can't remember the specific trope names, but AFAIR for each of the two there was a trope, I believe) ))
Hello. You must be the Doc, right? Do you have a moment to talk?
(If there is nobody in the infrimary, or if the Doc is clearly busy, quietly back off into the corridor.))
As [Thrak] (a convict (someone either in the convict clothes from before or just as naked as himself after leaving the stasis pods) he hasn't met before) went in, Maurice stepped aside and let the person have his business with the Doc.
Well, let us have a talk later when there are no pending patients. Good day to you, sir!
Head to the bathroom.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: June 28, 2012, 01:51:04 am »

(Birthday's over... did you have fun, PW? ^^^)

Jim ducked past the man and attempted to stab him in the back, just to the left of the middle spine.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: June 28, 2012, 01:57:44 am »

(Woohoo, a TvTropes page!  I added links to the main and on-ship threads.)
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 2101