_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937329 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3195 on: June 26, 2012, 10:57:31 pm »

((I am sure my total -2 to speech will cause absolutely no problems.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: June 26, 2012, 10:58:43 pm »

Applications go in this thread, right?  I'm up to the start of the fourth mission and can't resist any more.
((Welcome, by the way. The HMRC always needs more scavengers doomed to death.))
((Woohoo, we have Toaster now!  :D))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: June 26, 2012, 10:59:49 pm »

((I am sure my total -2 to speech will cause absolutely no problems.))
((No, it won't. Most people we could try speech rolls on during missions are too busy firing at us. Just...Do not leave the talking to the GM. Especially near the armory master.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: June 26, 2012, 11:03:10 pm »

((That woman has one hell of a mean streak... Still, great to have you join us! Enjoy your stay!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: June 26, 2012, 11:03:56 pm »

Applications go in this thread, right?  I'm up to the start of the fourth mission and can't resist any more.
((Welcome, by the way. The HMRC always needs more scavengers doomed to death.))
((Woohoo, we have Toaster now!  :D))

((The random mention of my name midway through was an obvious hint that I should join.  Don't worry, this character has some suitably twisted ideas in his head.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3200 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:11 pm »

((Ooh, it's Toaster!
I have a feeling I've seen you before in one of my RTDs but I can't tell which!
Also, Armory Master turned me into a protein shake with lots of bones and chunky bits in it.))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: June 26, 2012, 11:10:22 pm »

((I was in the one where you just chose a cardinal direction to go and dealt with a random encounter.

Oh yes- that's about where I'm at in this thread... hur hur.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: June 26, 2012, 11:11:00 pm »

((@Toaster: Was your name mentioned? I can't quite remember.

@Sky: Yeah. I wonder what she would do if E pissed her off again. Protein shake just does not quite cut it, though now Empyrean has some (not) cool scars along her limbs and skin due to emergency shake-draining surgery.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:13 pm »

((Pretty sure Tiruin gave me a shoutout at some point, but I can't remember when or which thread.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:55 pm »

(I'd also like to welcome you, Toaster. Now I'm not the only Transhuman on the ship. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: June 26, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »

((I can't try to do anything out of out of character anymore? D:

I only did that to Toaster and SC...
Oh, you want one too, Cael? :3))

((There we go))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: June 26, 2012, 11:18:33 pm »

((Pretty sure Tiruin gave me a shoutout at some point, but I can't remember when or which thread.))
((Yeah, it may have occurred. People make shoutouts to you from time to time due to the exploitable nature of your name.

Oh, there is something.))
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: June 26, 2012, 11:20:20 pm »

((Yeah, I meant big T Toaster instead of little t toaster, of which the hand laser is often called.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3208 on: June 27, 2012, 12:02:10 am »

Hm, I think I'm at an impasse with this kinetic jetpack design. Let's see if I can't find those manuals somewhere.

Head to the armory master, request microwave manipulator and kinetic amp manuals, and read through them (if obtained).
You head to the armory master and ask her about the Manuals you need.

"Sorry, only manual we have for manipulators or amps is the organochemistry overriding one."  She says with a shrug.

(I feel sorry for this guy, so I'm going to lampshade him.)

"You know... You might want to reconsider trying to gouge out my eyes when they're covered by mirrored lenses set in a fairly sturdy gasmask," Jim said conversationally.

Jim goes for a headbutt and tries to scramble to the knife, to get it before the other guy thinks of it.
Headbutting with someone holding your head is gonna be a bit difficult. sure you wanna do that?

To eliminate the intruders, of course - in my experience, enemies dropping by in the middle of an operation is more likely than one might think, and I'm better with melee weapons than with guns. Plus having a good knife (good for utility as well as combat purposes) can sometimes mean the difference between life and death.
Maybe, actully, less of a knife and more of a dagger - a bit longer, a bit narrower and double-edged; probably that would make it more suitable for performing precise actions like using it as a makeshift medical tool. Do you, by any chance, have in stock something like that?

"Well, we've got some standard knives, but I think I got something that might be more up your alley. It was made by a former inmate for a another inmate-a surgeon-we had on board."

She steps into the back for a moment and then places a knife down on the counter. It's a sort of odd looking thing, as though someone took the blade of a scalpel and lengthened and expanded it. it's clearly made from a single piece of metal, with the blade and handle being sculpted as one piece. It's single edged, but obviously designed to both slice and pierce. Scratched into the handle are 4 tally marks. You turn it over. On the other side of the handle are 5 marks.

Following directions to the armory, Simus is not surprised to see a large list of various gadgets.

Waiting politely out of the way until there's a lull in the conversation between Doc Sanctor and the Armory Master, and gazing over the lists while doing so, and formulating her own personal list from the options presented.

You wouldn't happen to have any kind of documentation for the suits, all three varieties, the laser weapons, the gauss rifle, the monoatomic razor, and kinetic amplifier? If so, I would like to take a look at them.
"Gauss and laser rifles yes, razor and amp, no."

She hands you two manuals out of a box on the counter.

April notes rather confusedly the reaction of the guy watching TV who looks at her, briefly freaks out, facepalms, and goes back to watching TV. OooKkkk. Shrugging, April walks over to the food dispenser and examines the thing.
The food dispenser itself is rather uninteresting, just a alcove where you place your tray and various foodstuffs get dumped onto it. It seems to be controlled by the menu that doubles as the ordering board.

Feyri pumped her fist in joy at the computer's comprehension. Sunglasses were perfect!

Wear Sunglasses.

She then surveyed the rifle, with a frown coming up. "Huh, I may not be a handy-man, but these are...insufficient."

Quote from: Present Material
battery
laser emitter
barrel of focusing chambers
thin metal
Sunglasses!

"Hmm...gauss rifles, you say? Ferromagnetic components may be what I need...Also, a high voltage supply for that beam... Say, computer, how powerful is the beam from a Cutting Laser and is it possible to modify the voltage output of the Tesla Sabre to fit into a portable firing weapon?"

Explode Gauss Rifle. Explode Tesla Sabre and Cutting Laser.

Ask, computer.

You whip on your sunglasses, wishing you had something catchy to say in the process.

The exploded gauss rifle is fairly uninteresting, just a tube with a series of coils and a generator. The sabre is basically nothing but a battery and some sort of tesla coil like thing. And the cutting laser is pretty much the same as the laser rifle, just larger and longer.

>It's possible.

"Interesting... I wonder how much strength it has when thinner?"

Pull up a Mk 3 suit and remove it's helmet and explode it apart. Examine how thick the armor plating is and create the same thickness out of battleship plating in one stack of 5 layers, and test how strong it is.
You hold the helmet, in your hand and explode it outwards with a gesture. You select and hide everything except the "armor" parts. The helmet on the standard suit seems only to have maybe an 1/8th inch of metal around the innards, barely what you could call armor at all.  You get the distinct feeling that replicating this thickness with the 5 layers won't exactly give you a reliable image of the armor's overall efficiency.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

got it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: June 27, 2012, 12:49:51 am »

(I'm hoping his consistent poor strength rolls mean his arms have all the resilience of spaghetti and I can just pwn him. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 2101