_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937690 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3135 on: June 25, 2012, 01:47:45 am »

Keeping his foot on the man's wrist, Jim crouched to just take the damn knife. If he could get it, he would commence stabbing. Where he started stabbing the opponent's body didn't particularly matter.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: June 25, 2012, 03:47:24 am »

"Cool. Any recommendations for suitable materials for armor? I'm looking for something that can survive a large range of temperature increases or decreases, is preferably really strong, and can have a frictionless surface. Also, what shapes seem to work the best for deflecting force in your experience?"

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: June 25, 2012, 08:27:06 am »

((GM, could you reserve a spot for Renen in the next mission - He has been a good time in the ship already.))

Try to explode Renen-bot's brain before he can type anything in the MFM.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: June 25, 2012, 09:15:50 am »

((GM, could you reserve a spot for Feyri in the next mission - She has had a good time in the ship already.)
:>

Get into the same room with Bishop.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: June 25, 2012, 09:26:08 am »

((I really think the only people who should be allowed to get a reserve are the ones who never went into a mission.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: June 25, 2012, 10:17:46 am »

Alright, this could actually work. I just need to fine-tune the amount of force needed, and come up with a reasonable way of applying small amounts of force in any direction needed.

Check to see roughly how much force the user can take before risking damage, as well as how far said force would send them (test separately for horizontally at a slight upwards angle and vertically.) After that, finalize amounts needed to send the suit 10, 30, and 100 feet in one horizontal leap.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: June 25, 2012, 10:30:13 am »

April searched for some shoes and walked out onto the ship.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3142 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:59 am »

Keeping his foot on the man's wrist, Jim crouched to just take the damn knife. If he could get it, he would commence stabbing. Where he started stabbing the opponent's body didn't particularly matter.
[Str:6]
[Man str:2]
You grind the heel of your boot into the man's wrist and then grab his knife, yanking it out of his grip with a grunt. Unfortunately you yank it out of his hand via the blade and slice your palm open all the way to the bone. [End:3] OW MOTHERFUCKER! You drop the knife and step off the man while holding your hand and swearing.

"Cool. Any recommendations for suitable materials for armor? I'm looking for something that can survive a large range of temperature increases or decreases, is preferably really strong, and can have a frictionless surface. Also, what shapes seem to work the best for deflecting force in your experience?"
"Frictionless? Uh, well you can take that bit of physics up with the Lab boys, but If I were you I'd look into battleship armor. It's designed for all sorts of things. As per deflecting forces, depends on where you're being hit from. "

((GM, could you reserve a spot for Renen in the next mission - He has been a good time in the ship already.))

Try to explode Renen-bot's brain before he can type anything in the MFM.
[exotic:1]
[bot Uncon:6]

You manage to light your own hair on fire moments before Renen-bot lights your entire nervous system on fire. That didn't go very well.

((GM, could you reserve a spot for Feyri in the next mission - She has had a good time in the ship already.)
:>

Get into the same room with Bishop.
You chase after bishop and find him standing around in the armory, talking to the armory master.

((I really think the only people who should be allowed to get a reserve are the ones who never went into a mission.))

Alright, lets get a head count here, Who has never been on a mission.

Alright, this could actually work. I just need to fine-tune the amount of force needed, and come up with a reasonable way of applying small amounts of force in any direction needed.

Check to see roughly how much force the user can take before risking damage, as well as how far said force would send them (test separately for horizontally at a slight upwards angle and vertically.) After that, finalize amounts needed to send the suit 10, 30, and 100 feet in one horizontal leap.

Do you want all that force delivered at once? Or would you rather have it be more like the Jump rockets on a Battlesuit, where it eases in?

April searched for some shoes and walked out onto the ship.
You look around for some shoes but can't seem to find any. Weird. A bit confused, you walk out of the barracks and look around. There's signs pointing to all the destinations around the ship stenciled on the wall.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: June 25, 2012, 11:49:47 am »

Despite his relative youth, Jim was bred for war. He gritted his teeth, fought through the pain, and got the knife with his other hand. Now that he had the upper hand, it was time to go on the offensive and slash his opponent's throat.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: June 25, 2012, 12:18:18 pm »

...you want.
The naked man opened his eyes, then stood out of the stasis pod and looked around.
"So, this is the UWM military spacecraft, assigned to the cause of Hazardous Material Recovery. Looks nice." He paused for a moment, remembering something. "So, you are in charge here, Steve?
How long has it been? Ah, never mind. You're probably too busy - I don't want to disturb you.
Just a quick question, if you don't mind: where can I find any clothes?"

((@Zako I hope you don't mind me using the brown colour for this character too - at least, I tried to differentiate his speech from Bishop's as much as possible. ))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:20:08 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: June 25, 2012, 12:22:43 pm »

Feyri stopped and noticed Bishop in a conversation with the Armory Master.

She leaned against the wall to wait for her turn to speak, and when Bishop was done, decided to ask about the schematics on the Laser Rifle

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: June 25, 2012, 12:33:41 pm »

Can a kinetic amp ease it in while still only using one charge? If not, then test the results of doing it all at once.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: June 25, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »

"Battleship armor? They actually let us use that stuff? Wow..."

He paused for a moment in shock, which then turned to thought and then into a question.

"What's the specifics behinds that stuff? How much stress can it handle before denting, cracking or deforming? What's the range of temperatures that it can handle?

And when you say, being hit from a direction, how about all of them, or as close as you can get to that and still work fine?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: June 25, 2012, 01:43:41 pm »

((I mean instead of there being chunks of metal for the plugs, there would be wires which insert themselves into the sockets.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3149 on: June 25, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »

Despite his relative youth, Jim was bred for war. He gritted his teeth, fought through the pain, and got the knife with his other hand. Now that he had the upper hand, it was time to go on the offensive and slash his opponent's throat.
You growl and squeeze your damaged hand into a fist, trying to keep the gash as tightly closed as possible. You sweep up the knife with your left hand and run to cut your opponent's throat.
[dex:6-1]
[dex:2]
[str:2]
Your blow hisses through the man's grasping hands and catches him on the throat, leaving a nasty looking but overall superficial gash.

...you want.
The naked man opened his eyes, then stood out of the stasis pod and looked around.
"So, this is the UWM military spacecraft, assigned to the cause of Hazardous Material Recovery. Looks nice." He paused for a moment, remembering something. "So, you are in charge here, Steve?
How long has it been? Ah, never mind. You're probably too busy - I don't want to disturb you.
Just a quick question, if you don't mind: where can I find any clothes?"

((@Zako I hope you don't mind me using the brown colour for this character too - at least, I tried to differentiate his speech from Bishop's as much as possible. ))

>Try the box no less then 5 feet away from you. The one labeled "CLOTHING".

Feyri stopped and noticed Bishop in a conversation with the Armory Master.

She leaned against the wall to wait for her turn to speak, and when Bishop was done, decided to ask about the schematics on the Laser Rifle
"Got no schematic. We do have the manual though." the armory master says as she pulls a booklet out of a cardboard box thats sitting on the counter. "Doesn't say much, but better then nothing."

Can a kinetic amp ease it in while still only using one charge? If not, then test the results of doing it all at once.
It cannot. Though, if you're doing it all at once, you're gonna be very limited on how hard you can push without hurting the user.

"Battleship armor? They actually let us use that stuff? Wow..."

He paused for a moment in shock, which then turned to thought and then into a question.

"What's the specifics behinds that stuff? How much stress can it handle before denting, cracking or deforming? What's the range of temperatures that it can handle?

And when you say, being hit from a direction, how about all of them, or as close as you can get to that and still work fine?"

"Can't really tell ya the specifics, but I know they layer it, so each layers is gonna be different. All I know is that it can take the cold of space and heat of reentry without a problem, and that it's harder then battle suit plate. More expensive though. For the shape, just remember you want to present as few flat surfaces as possible. The more slanted the surface, the better the chance a round will deflect rather then unloading all it's force.

((I mean instead of there being chunks of metal for the plugs, there would be wires which insert themselves into the sockets.))
I guess, but none of these weapons have plugs at all, so it might be better to just make a plug and socket system. Unless of course you're thinking about using it to power other things.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 2101