_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936539 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3105 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »

Charro sighed. He was defeated... For now, at least.
'The remote back home had plenty of buttons... And then I had servants to press them for me.' He thought glumly to himself as he flicked back through the channels.
>Find a channel devoted to the 'capital' planet of the UWM or as close as I can manage, inspect their fashion.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: June 23, 2012, 10:53:25 pm »

(( Okay, here we go. I can create a new character, right?
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
@Nicholas1024 Kyle is probably being haunted by Nik the avid tinkerer who happened to be a pro-government fanatic and a professional soldier. I guess that answers all of your questions  ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3107 on: June 24, 2012, 01:00:18 am »

Jim raised a hand to adjust his gasmask slightly as he circled his opponent. Perhaps he should try a different tactic; a double-leg takedown into a mount, from which he could pound the man's face with fists and elbows.
If you're getting these from a list somewhere could you do me a favor and post it? I know exactly squat about these.

[dex:6-1]
[man dex:1]
[str:4]
[Man str:3]
You duck low and grab the man behind the knees, attempting to knock him to the ground. You manage to drive him to his knees but can't get him all the way down.

Oh, nukes can be detonated from a distance, You can use your wristpads as detonators. You could even try detonating one on the the ship, if you don't mind slaughtering your own teammates in the blast. Oh, that and being stranded. And pissing off the UWM. I won't stop you from doing pretty much anything, just be prepared for the consequences.
This makes me wonder, how long until people start intentionally teamkilling to take each others' tokens? (Particularly considering how easy it'd be to blame it on just normal mission hazards...)

Also, it'd never work. The armory master would survive. Somehow. (Although there is something tempting about managing to kill literally everyone in one post.)

As per your harpoon gun thing, problem one is that the rod isn't gonna fly straight as just a rod.

Hm, that design isn't exactly accurate. Well, that should be a matter of simply reshaping the rod/amp combination it to make it more aerodynamic, and perhaps elongating the barrel of the gun to improve accuracy. I wouldn't trust it at a distance of more than a few dozen feet, but within that range it should be pretty deadly. Still, if that doesn't work... perhaps a spherical version would work better...

Improve aerodynamics of the rod. If I can't get it to work to satisfaction, take a miniaturized (as much as possible) kinetic amp, embed it into the front surface of a metal sphere (as small as possible, down to normal bullet size), and try that as the projectile. (Keep the retractible chain attached to it)

I suppose I won't be able to really use this, regardless. I know I can't shoot straight, and after what happened back home, I don't particularly want to try. So I wonder... why am I still designing this? I have no doubt this could end up being a decent weapon, but what would I do with it? Give it to the corrupt government that sent me here in the first place? Or perhaps give one of the psychos here a new and better way of killing things? Too many questions, not enough answers...

Well, if my local government is corrupt, surely there are others equally bad off. Although I don't doubt that plenty of the people here are borderline insane, there have to be at least a few with some basis in morality. Perhaps one of them can use this kinetic amp gun to better effect.

How exactly would you like to increase the aerodynamics of said rod?

"I'll take 'em all. I've got plans, and it will help to know more about what I'm going to do."

Take ALL the manuals and vids, head back to the rec room and go through all of them, starting with weapon mods.
You take the video and the box of manuals back to the Rec room and plop down on the couch. You watch through the weapon related video (Bonus:+1 to modding and repairing standard weapons). Now you just have to choose which manual to start with.

((Hah! I told you people Jim helped me in that first mission!  :P))

Concentrate laser fire on the spot that I last remember that worked on the sentinel.
Hmm well the place you shot it the first time was on the bottom of it when you slid by. You get on your back and wiggle your way under the sentinel till you're directly under the center of it. It then extends a spike straight down through your helmet and kills you. Huh.

Charro sighed. He was defeated... For now, at least.
'The remote back home had plenty of buttons... And then I had seovants to press them for me.' He thought glumly to himself as he flicked back through the channels.
>Find a channel devoted to the 'capital' planet of the UWM or as close as I can manage, inspect their fashion.
There is no capital, at least not in the sense you're thinking of. There are a dozen or so governmental planets, but they're fairly boring and only house employees.

(( Okay, here we go. I can create a new character, right?
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
@Nicholas1024 Kyle is probably being haunted by Nik the avid tinkerer who happened to be a pro-government fanatic and a professional soldier. I guess that answers all of your questions  ;) ))
Got it.

Sorry for the general wait and such. Dragon's Dogma. Oh god, who knew your confrontation with the dragon would be like the mid point of the game.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:50 am »

Bishop shrugs and decides to read through them all alphabetically.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3109 on: June 24, 2012, 01:29:51 am »

Bishop shrugs and decides to read through them all alphabetically.
The alphabetizing filter on my brain is still clogged with lazy. You want maybe to look at what manuals you have and choose one?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: June 24, 2012, 01:52:46 am »

((Sorry...))

Take a look at what I've got first.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: June 24, 2012, 02:06:26 am »

Charro, getting thoroughly tired of all this, will just make his way to the most popular channel and watch that.
If he can't find the most popular channel, it's time to go (politely) ask the Armory Master for a TV guide.
'Maybe it's not the remote's problem, but mine? Maybe I'm just pressing the wrong button or something. Everything is so confusing these days.'   
>Go to the most-popular channel and watch that, asking the Armory Master for a TV guide if necessary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: June 24, 2012, 02:11:39 am »

Jim switched his grip so he had the man by the top of the head and began pummeling him with knees to the jaw.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: June 24, 2012, 02:35:45 am »

Give up on trying to convince someone to soup up my bed and instead tear down the hallways and do donuts at a snail's pace.
"Wheee!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: June 24, 2012, 03:07:57 am »

"Well...not one of my good ideas. Actually, what was I thinking?!

"Steve, I'd like to try my hand in tinkering, know of any manuals and such that works on the laser rifle, or at least on the MKI suit?"

Respawn, then start firing a 5 second pulse at the sentinel with laser rifle.

If not: Quit duel and admire the VR machines.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: June 24, 2012, 04:25:48 am »

Sorry for the general wait and such. Dragon's Dogma. Oh god, who knew your confrontation with the dragon would be like the mid point of the game.
((Seen the Yahtzee review of it? Couldn't stop laughing. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: June 24, 2012, 12:22:20 pm »

Jim raised a hand to adjust his gasmask slightly as he circled his opponent. Perhaps he should try a different tactic; a double-leg takedown into a mount, from which he could pound the man's face with fists and elbows.
If you're getting these from a list somewhere could you do me a favor and post it? I know exactly squat about these.

(Sorry, didn't see that query. Uh, I guess technically I'm getting them from the moves list in WWF No Mercy for the N64, but mostly I'm just going off two decades as a wrestling fan. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3117 on: June 24, 2012, 12:44:14 pm »

((Sorry...))

Take a look at what I've got first.
(Yeah, sorry, I just hate alphabetizing. As a child I was assaulted by a filing cabinet.)
Looks like you have manuals for the Piezoelectric Shard launcher, gauss rifle, laser rifle, Battle suit, Scout eye, and the Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier.

Charro, getting thoroughly tired of all this, will just make his way to the most popular channel and watch that.
If he can't find the most popular channel, it's time to go (politely) ask the Armory Master for a TV guide.
'Maybe it's not the remote's problem, but mine? Maybe I'm just pressing the wrong button or something. Everything is so confusing these days.'   
>Go to the most-popular channel and watch that, asking the Armory Master for a TV guide if necessary.
The most popular channel in the whole UWM, you know it is because it bills itself as such, is one called EXT-pronounced "Ex-Tre"-that is little more then a constant stream violence, sex, and sexy violence interspersed with various degrees of celebrity worship and obsession over the banal actions of the well to do.

Jim switched his grip so he had the man by the top of the head and began pummeling him with knees to the jaw.
[Dex:5]
[Man dex:2]
[Str:2]
You release the hold you have on the man's legs and shift it to his head, bringing your knee up directly into his nose as soon as your grip is secure. Oddly, he doesn't seem to notice.

Give up on trying to convince someone to soup up my bed and instead tear down the hallways and do donuts at a snail's pace.
"Wheee!"
You roll around and do very very slow burn outs and donuts, leaving everyone who sees you mildly confused because of your insane yelling whilst doing so.

"Well...not one of my good ideas. Actually, what was I thinking?!

"Steve, I'd like to try my hand in tinkering, know of any manuals and such that works on the laser rifle, or at least on the MKI suit?"

Respawn, then start firing a 5 second pulse at the sentinel with laser rifle.

If not: Quit duel and admire the VR machines.

>Bishop has all the manuals we have right now, he's just behind you over on the couch.

Did you want to keep the rifle with that dial turned by the way?

((Seen the Yahtzee review of it? Couldn't stop laughing. :P))
I did, though it becomes pretty evident he didn't play very much of it. Such as saying the love interest is always the same when there's something like a dozen potential love interests (more then a bioware game actually). It was actually one of the really funny things that happened to a lot of people because they maxed their affinity toward some old fat merchant man by doing his quests just before the dragon fight and after the dragon was slain the cut scene that followed had them making out with said old fat man.

That and how he was talking about not fighting giant monsters enough. Since
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: June 24, 2012, 01:16:39 pm »

"Right... What to start with first..."

Read the gauss rifle, laser rifle, scout eye, battle suit and shard launcher manuals, in that order.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: June 24, 2012, 01:53:09 pm »

Model the aerodynamics of the rod after an oversized modern bullet, as shown here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet

After that, experiment with a ball and chain setup, using a modern cable that can retract into a modified glove, and embedding the kinetic amp inside the metal ball.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 2101