_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933988 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #2940 on: June 19, 2012, 01:35:23 am »

Bishop scratched his chin thoughtfully, looking over the armory master's body, not at her privates but her limbs instead.

"Hmm... It doesn't look like you have any limb replacements, not unless they are really well made to look like normal limbs... Which logically means that you must favor the implant weapons, judging from what I've heard about what you did to one of the idiots on board. Not really my thing, but I respect them and their ability to keep one from loosing their body parts and such."

His eyes returned to look at hers and he slightly shrugged.

"Eh, whatever. What can you tell me about how the shard launcher works and behaves?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: June 19, 2012, 08:05:53 am »

(Shouldn't my token total be 8 after Bishop gave me one?  Also holy crap at 21.  Congrats dude.)
((I was wondering what he would buy, the battle armor seems a great compliment, and Bishop is a techie so...

Customized Battle Armor.

Hm, come to think of it, if we can pool out our tokens, one of us could already get an Avatar of War and be the meatshield.  :P

On another note: Yoink, hope you're alright,))

As her face met the pillow, Feyri could feel hundreds of thoughts coursing through her mind on the last mission and on why there was a sentient being that transferred to her. She felt cold, and moved the sheets to give herself more surface area on the pillow to immerse her sadness in.

Feeling underneath it, her fingers met the familiar hardness of a datapad - her diary. Sniffing a bit while wiping away a few tears on the pillow, she pulled it out to begin updating.

Encryption key: **...

"...Do you want to talk about it?"

With a swift movement, Feyri pushed the datapad back beneath the pillow casing, mostly unfinished in the encryption and turned to face the voice, hiding her emotions with surprise.

"Oh, Jim! Um," It? What was-...oh. "well, sure. If you're up for explaining a bit more.

"So what I've got is, I've been harboring a parasite that can switch hosts but am now clean for some reason. Why didn't you tell anyone when you knew you were infected and...how did you infect me?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2942 on: June 19, 2012, 08:56:00 am »

(Shouldn't my token total be 8 after Bishop gave me one?  Also holy crap at 21.  Congrats dude.)

"Hey, is there a doctor in the house?  Could somebody bring my stuff to me and let me know what I've got left?"
Ah yeah, 8.
What you have in your "inventory" is
cutting torch, (8:30/10:00)
anti-coagulant
Advanced kit

((I was wondering what he would buy, the battle armor seems a great compliment, and Bishop is a techie so...

Customized Battle Armor.

Hm, come to think of it, if we can pool out our tokens, one of us could already get an Avatar of War and be the meatshield.  :P

On another note: Yoink, hope you're alright,))

As her face met the pillow, Feyri could feel hundreds of thoughts coursing through her mind on the last mission and on why there was a sentient being that transferred to her. She felt cold, and moved the sheets to give herself more surface area on the pillow to immerse her sadness in.

Feeling underneath it, her fingers met the familiar hardness of a datapad - her diary. Sniffing a bit while wiping away a few tears on the pillow, she pulled it out to begin updating.

Encryption key: **...

"...Do you want to talk about it?"

With a swift movement, Feyri pushed the datapad back beneath the pillow casing, mostly unfinished in the encryption and turned to face the voice, hiding her emotions with surprise.

"Oh, Jim! Um," It? What was-...oh. "well, sure. If you're up for explaining a bit more.

"So what I've got is, I've been harboring a parasite that can switch hosts but am now clean for some reason. Why didn't you tell anyone when you knew you were infected and...how did you infect me?"

Not gonna let you pool them just to power a single person up. If you say, want to buy a tank or something, something all the people who bought it can use, thats ok.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: June 19, 2012, 09:22:13 am »

((If payouts keep being that awesome, I could mod an AMBP to seat 5.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: June 19, 2012, 09:34:00 am »

Jim nodded. "Fair enough. I'll explain from the beginning. I'm sure you remember how, shortly after we touched down, Bishop and I discovered some audio files. I volunteered to listen to them alone. The third one was the alien; it infected me then, and also apparently infected Steve when we sent the transmission up to him. I'm not sure how they purged him of it. Regardless, after that I started seeing things. Faces in monitors, things hiding behind doors, reanimated corpses. As Bishop noted, of the five of us, only I ever saw them... and I'll add here that, on the way down to the mission, I jokingly suggested we might run into those kinds of things.

I believe the alien was confused by my partially organic, mostly synthetic physiology. It didn't know whether to treat me as human or machine, and couldn't completely take control of me because of that. At most it could give me hallucinations or suggestions, and wrest control of this platform for a few moments. These delusions made me... paranoid. Eventually we found the disc at the bottom; the portal back to the alien's home, well, dimension I suppose is the term. I was able to resist the alien's control at this point and made my way back to the observation room, where there was only you and Charro."
He sighed, his emoticon suddenly coming back and forming a :\.

"You trusted me, so you saw nothing wrong when the alien took control and moved this platform over to you... and I'm sorry I betrayed your trust, even though I didn't mean to. From there it opened a private audio channel and transferred itself to a body it could better understand - yours. Since it could control you more efficiently, it was able to make you manipulate the machine in such a manner that it could escape back through the disc. So it could go home." Jim was silent for a moment as he thought. "That puzzled me. When it was in me, it gave me horrific visions and turned me violent. When it was in you, it only guided you to the disc so it could go home."

He turned his head to her again. "I've thought for a bit about that, and as far as I can tell there are a few explanations. One is physiology. My brain is basically male insofar as a brain alone can have a gender, and yours is female; this could account for the different behavior. The next is personality. You are a good, gentle person who just wants to make sure the whole team gets home safely. Frankly, I'm a constructed soldier only concerned with my own survival. That makes it the most likely explanation, to my eyes. The third is mere timing. It didn't think getting out was a possibility while I was infected, until I saw the disc. Then it knew it was possible, and when it infected you, it made a beeline straight home. You can take some comfort in the idea that you carried it there. We'll never knows its thought processes; maybe it was scared and the whole reason it affected me in such a manner was self-defense." He shrugged.

"As for the other... I didn't realize I was infected until late in the mission. I had suspected something was up far earlier, of course, but I thought it was the four of you who were infected. The exact moment I realized was when I attempted to use a secondary camera mode on this platform and received the error message that they were already in use - a terrifying message to get. I knew I was compromised then, so I volunteered to go down to the disc, thinking it would be dangerous and that if one of us had to go, it should be me. Just in case." His emoticon turned :|.

"And I didn't tell anyone because I knew they would try to shut me down a second time. They shut me down previously, and it was not an experience I would like to repeat. Imagine being divorced from existence, but you're not in a safe location like a sensory deprivation chamber. I was alone in a what I thought at the time - due to the alien - was an extremely dangerous place, and I was left wondering which would be first: whether the undead would destroy this platform in an attempt to get to my brain, or the recycled oxygen would run out and I would suffocate to death. There was nothing I could do about either, just wait and think in an endless void as I basically waited to die." He sighed.

"I apologize for being so long-winded, but I thought perhaps you needed to hear the whole thing from my perspective. Bishop has all the technical details of the mission, but honestly I don't believe they're very important. Or at least of no importance to soldiers like you and I; let the scientists and generals worry about them."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: June 19, 2012, 10:45:58 am »

"What's left in my advanced kit?  Do I need to restock it?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: June 19, 2012, 11:49:52 am »

((No reply from the armory master? Also, can I get what Bishop currently has in inventory?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: June 19, 2012, 11:56:18 am »

((Feyri x Jim is starting to become more obvious. Heh.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: June 19, 2012, 11:57:31 am »

((Presumably it's because ThomasxMay is done with, at least temporarily.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: June 19, 2012, 12:01:06 pm »

(Nah. It's up to Tiruin whether or not he wants that to happen; all Feyri has to do is let him know she's not interested and it's all good. Other than that, why not; I try to go for interesting character arcs as well as powergaming... :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2950 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »

Bishop scratched his chin thoughtfully, looking over the armory master's body, not at her privates but her limbs instead.

"Hmm... It doesn't look like you have any limb replacements, not unless they are really well made to look like normal limbs... Which logically means that you must favor the implant weapons, judging from what I've heard about what you did to one of the idiots on board. Not really my thing, but I respect them and their ability to keep one from loosing their body parts and such."

His eyes returned to look at hers and he slightly shrugged.

"Eh, whatever. What can you tell me about how the shard launcher works and behaves?"
"it's like a machine gun. A machine gun that shoots 2 foot shards of razor sharp piezoelectric crystals that embed themselves in people and explode an instant later, spraying razor sharp shrapnel and electrocuting the target. "

Laser rifle 30/30
Cutting torch 9:00/10:00
Laser rifle (unload)
3 laser rifle batteries
Scount eye
18 token

"What's left in my advanced kit?  Do I need to restock it?"
Bring it to the Doctor, he'll restock it for a token.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: June 19, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »

No Fun?.........

Travis was too unnerved. This man would gamble his life for...fun. Maybe that's what this entire ship was, all these missions. Steve gambles all of our lives just for...fun.

"I'm...sorry. I can't take that r..risk. I'm sure there's other volunteers available..."

Travis turned and exited the room, a bit too quickly. He went to the rec room and turned on the TV, switching to the news channel, to worry about some other people's problems instead of his own.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: June 19, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »

((Feyri x Jim is starting to become more obvious. Heh.))
((Nope.  :P))

(Nah. It's up to Tiruin whether or not he wants that to happen; all Feyri has to do is let him know she's not interested and it's all good. Other than that, why not; I try to go for interesting character arcs as well as powergaming... :P)
((Powergaming, huh?  ???

Know that nobody even dares to ask, directly.  :P))

Feyri supposed to keep eye contact with Jim at his supposed area of emotion, but staring at his chest - where the only real semblance of him was - didn't seem strange to her as he spoke.

When he finished, she could only nod, her expression becoming a more natural one.

"Well, you're right at the point where we were limited, and to be frank, I was also scared about the goings that revolved around what they said about you and the like."

"It's just...I didn't even notice that it transferred to me. All I received were vague feelings in my senses - white noise shrouds and shouting, strangely. I'm not sure i completely controlled me in that manner either, for I know that the last choice lies in the person. I...decided to climb the thing to reach the apex and the disc, actually."

And, I guess you're also right in that second part. You knew something was up, and other than work with what little we had, you chose the best option available in my opinion. Isolation."
A smile began forming on her lips. He was right about that creature, it didn't seem malevolent in it's time within her, and she didn't feel like it caused any damage.

But, the scientists work was given due credit. I just find it appaling that the only passage from their world to ours is now floating amongst inhospitable space debris now. Sentient solitons, a pretty intriguing idea, but now that you point it out, I guess that is the better way. It's free, and no creature that is self-aware must be imprisoned like so.

Heh, now that you mention it, Bishop made a commendable performance in that mission, eh? What really got my attention was on the difference of this mission, and the others. I've read through the logs on the second, and I hope the current mission won't get anyone killed." It felt good, good in a way that solace was achieved through this certainty in others. Well, uselessness didn't seem like a factor now, as many things could've been done and only those that didn't happen were the ones that she didn't want to happen.

In the very notion of it, Feyri was glad that nothing actually did try to kill them, other than gravity of course.

She pushed herself up from the bed, involuntarily nudging the pillow into it's respective place and fixed the sheet.

"So is my long-winded friend up for a good sparring session?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: June 19, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »

"If you would like, but I would advise caution: these arms came from a berserker, and I haven't had much time to adjust to them. They will be much stronger than my previous set, and I don't want to hurt you." Jim stood and looked at his hand. "...But at the same time I would welcome a chance to test them. Lead the way whenever you are ready, Fey."

First action for the spar, if it happens: Use a half-power shove to push Feyri and get an idea of the strength of these arms.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2954 on: June 19, 2012, 04:46:01 pm »

No Fun?.........

Travis was too unnerved. This man would gamble his life for...fun. Maybe that's what this entire ship was, all these missions. Steve gambles all of our lives just for...fun.

"I'm...sorry. I can't take that r..risk. I'm sure there's other volunteers available..."

Travis turned and exited the room, a bit too quickly. He went to the rec room and turned on the TV, switching to the news channel, to worry about some other people's problems instead of his own.

You spin on your heel and retreat to the Rec room. The Tv is already on so you flop down and start flicking through the channels, looking for the first thing on that could be considered news.

"The serial killer known as the "Endive boogieman" is still at large tonight..."
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 2101