_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935432 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #2925 on: June 18, 2012, 11:21:59 pm »

Not much we can do, I suppose. Of course if they fail, I'll probably get thrown into that hellhole after them.

Head off to the AM, and buy a Crystalline Projector ((How big are those, anyway?)). Then head off to the infirmary. Find someone who would be willing to do some 'science' for me. Not anything illegal, just something out of the normal routine.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2926 on: June 18, 2012, 11:26:26 pm »

Ok so your token totals are

Jim:11

Mesk:7

Feyri:7

Bishop: 18

charro: 5

Bishop nodded slightly at the token values.

"That's pretty accurate. You guys need to be more proactive in the future. Though, I am somewhat gracious, so I'll give you all a token each for a job well done. Except you Charro, cause you acted like a douche when I tried to explain what happened, hid important info that I had to find myself on your corpse and you also killed yourself by doing something very stupid. Suck it."

Hand out a token to Mesk, Jim and Feyri and then head out to the armory master to ask her recommendation for what to use my new tokens on.
You hand a token to the 3 people you like and head off to the armory and ask the Armory Master what you should get with your new found riches. She shrugs.

"Dunno. Whatcha wanna do?"

Jim mugged Bishop as soon as he entered the hall. (Nah, I'd never do that. :P)

Jim thought about noting that he was the one who on his own - basically - had lowered the HDDSM down to where Bishop could use it and that moreover the thing was mostly a team effort, but decided not to make waves. Feyri hadn't responded to him yet, so he nodded to her. "You can answer me later. I'm going to go get a new amplifier installed; afterward, I'll be in the rec room."

Go the Armory and buy/install the Mass Manipulation Psychokinetic Amplifier, then head the rec room and watch TV. Specifially, look for some sort of program that could teach something useful.
You buy yourself a delicious new Amp and head off to the infirmary to get it implanted directly in your brain. The doctor meets you at the entrance as though he's been waiting for you. You're not really sure what happens after that but the next thing you remember is waking up standing pretty much where you were when you arrived, except that there are also a few small objects hovering around you for some reason. As soon as you wonder why they're like that they drop to the ground. Odd.

You head to the rec room and flop down on the couch. Now...exactly what would you define as "useful".

Not much we can do, I suppose. Of course if they fail, I'll probably get thrown into that hellhole after them.

Head off to the AM, and buy a Crystalline Projector ((How big are those, anyway?)). Then head off to the infirmary. Find someone who would be willing to do some 'science' for me. Not anything illegal, just something out of the normal routine.

You head to the armory and turn over all your tokens for a shiny new Crystalline projector. After that you head to the infirmary and shout "I'M GOING TO TRY A SCIENCE! COULD USE SOME HELP!"

No sooner do you say that then a man in large circular glasses and a respirator leers out from behind a privacy curtain.

"Hello."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: June 18, 2012, 11:30:14 pm »

((@Orb: Are you prepared to be turned into Tentacle-Man? Or maybe he has even more interesting ideas this time.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: June 18, 2012, 11:42:03 pm »

((@Orb: Are you prepared to be turned into Tentacle-Man? Or maybe he has even more interesting ideas this time.))

((Perhaps something like one of these?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: June 18, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »

((I knew it, I'm useless in every mission.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: June 19, 2012, 12:08:47 am »

"Well... Something that is relatively normal to use since I don't get strange weapons or work well with implant powers, but something useful in a lot of situations. I mean, a lazer rifle is all well and good, but something with a bit more firepower would be nice and if not that, then something that will help in missions or keep me alive. What are your personal favourites?"

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: June 19, 2012, 12:13:21 am »

((I have a feeling I should read more of the Ship Thread before continuing on this venture. Oh well.))

A...respirator? Maybe he's a patient. He shows interest, at least. Maybe he can find me someone who has the knowledge and experience to help me.

"Hello. I was wondering if you knew anyone who had experience with creating antidotes? I would like to create one that works with the crystals from the crystalline projector. Something that I could pump into my body and destroy the crystals before they cause any serious harm."

Travis felt a little unnerved. He was too quick to respond. Like he was waiting for someone to say something, anything about science. The kind of person who's a little...off.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: June 19, 2012, 12:21:57 am »

((I have a feeling I should read more of the Ship Thread before continuing on this venture. Oh well.))
((You should read it. Also, you'll discover the doc is actually a good guy, just a little enthusiastic about his experiments.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: June 19, 2012, 12:22:32 am »

Travis felt a little unnerved. He was too quick to respond. Like he was waiting for someone to say something, anything about science. The kind of person who's a little...off.

((You mentioned science. The Doc loves his science.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: June 19, 2012, 12:36:10 am »

"I'm more concerned about you. Any harm you may have come to would have been my fault. It's fortunate that I didn't injure you physically, whether with the cleaver or when we all fell from the elevator... but I'm sorry about infecting you. I'd like to think the a..."
Jim's words were lengthy, and in the span of waiting, they filled the time and deathly silence that pervaded the room.

Until it came to the infect part. He infected her? That must mean...what?!

"Wait, bu-"

She was hurriedly cut off by Steve, along with the entrance of Bishop and the rest. She stayed silent over the whole debriefing, only uttering a weak grunt when Bishop handed over the token.

It was confirmed. She was useless, beyond even trying to help anyone with her skills. Charro had been killed, a notion she wanted to forget despite her fervent belief on survival.

Mesk, she didn't even know what to do with him. And despite whatever happened, she did nothing but stand around and guard. And GUARD!

All for what? A sentient soliton.

Well, at least Bishop was here, along with Jim and the others. She was still despondent as she stood up, but that would be over soon. It wasn't like everyone else left on a suicide mission or such.

Return to Quarters and bury head in pillow.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2935 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:59 am »

((I knew it, I'm useless in every mission.))
Not useless, more just not very good at getting items of value.

"Well... Something that is relatively normal to use since I don't get strange weapons or work well with implant powers, but something useful in a lot of situations. I mean, a lazer rifle is all well and good, but something with a bit more firepower would be nice and if not that, then something that will help in missions or keep me alive. What are your personal favourites?"
"My favorites are things you're not good with." The Armory master says, stifling a yawn. "So, something normal, useful in lots of situations and with more power then a laser rifle. Cutting laser or Shard Launcher maybe?"

A...respirator? Maybe he's a patient. He shows interest, at least. Maybe he can find me someone who has the knowledge and experience to help me.

"Hello. I was wondering if you knew anyone who had experience with creating antidotes? I would like to create one that works with the crystals from the crystalline projector. Something that I could pump into my body and destroy the crystals before they cause any serious harm."

"Ah, yes." The man steps out of behind the curtain and reveals himself to be wearing a white labcoat and some sort of tight, buttoned uniform under that. "Antidote. Need subjects for that. Volunteering?"

"I'm more concerned about you. Any harm you may have come to would have been my fault. It's fortunate that I didn't injure you physically, whether with the cleaver or when we all fell from the elevator... but I'm sorry about infecting you. I'd like to think the a..."
Jim's words were lengthy, and in the span of waiting, they filled the time and deathly silence that pervaded the room.

Until it came to the infect part. He infected her? That must mean...what?!

"Wait, bu-"

She was hurriedly cut off by Steve, along with the entrance of Bishop and the rest. She stayed silent over the whole debriefing, only uttering a weak grunt when Bishop handed over the token.

It was confirmed. She was useless, beyond even trying to help anyone with her skills. Charro had been killed, a notion she wanted to forget despite her fervent belief on survival.

Mesk, she didn't even know what to do with him. And despite whatever happened, she did nothing but stand around and guard. And GUARD!

All for what? A sentient soliton.

Well, at least Bishop was here, along with Jim and the others. She was still despondent as she stood up, but that would be over soon. It wasn't like everyone else left on a suicide mission or such.

Return to Quarters and bury head in pillow.
You walk to the barracks and collapse into bed, your face landing in the pillow with a soft thud. Ugh.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: June 19, 2012, 12:52:01 am »

Volunteer!? With 66% death chance upon dosage!?

"What!? No! A live test would kill me for sure. Don't you guys have simulator programs for this sort of thing?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2937 on: June 19, 2012, 01:11:06 am »

Volunteer!? With 66% death chance upon dosage!?

"What!? No! A live test would kill me for sure. Don't you guys have simulator programs for this sort of thing?"

"Simulators. No fun. Not as reliable. Real flesh is much better. We can do it now. Simple. Safe. Mostly."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: June 19, 2012, 01:20:12 am »

(Shouldn't my token total be 8 after Bishop gave me one?  Also holy crap at 21.  Congrats dude.)

"Hey, is there a doctor in the house?  Could somebody bring my stuff to me and let me know what I've got left?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: June 19, 2012, 01:26:56 am »

(Useful would be maybe, hmm. Even 'This Old House' could technically be classified as useful, although I doubt I'll come across many situations where I need to know how to install a carpet. :P And I doubt I can game the system and try to get a point in Handiwork by watching it... I guess I'll just go bug Feyri. XD)

Jim flipped through the channels, but nothing really interested him. It was probably part of not having had time to develop a personality before being shoved into combat training - and not long after, the HMRC. He was a full grown man without any history to influence his decisions. He decided to take stock of his allies. Most people were down on the current mission. Bishop, as far as he knew, was still conversing with the quartermaster. Mesk was still laid up in the hospital and probably didn't want to see him right now after both the cleaver and the two elevator incidents. That was understandable, and Jim wasn't about to exacerbate the matter by bothering him. Charro... where had Charro went? Maybe he was still in the briefing room. That left Feyri and some people he'd never met before who might still be around. The choice was easy, and he got up to look for her.

He found her in the bunks, curled up on a bunk with her face in the pillow. Clearly she was in some sort of emotional distress. Probably a female thing; it wasn't like he had had a lot of experience with them. All the subjects of generation three had been male, and many of the scientists working on them had been male. There was only Dr. Guest and Dr. Echoes before he met Faith and Feyri. Well, there was the armory master, he supposed, but to him she was just a fixture of the ship, like a lightbulb or a table. As far as he was aware she had no interest in any of the crew members, and he had no interest in trying to break that wall before he'd done enough to earn some respect around here. On the other hand, I do have three missions under my belt. That makes me the most experienced Bastard of the five of us... Perhaps if they are lucky, Faith and Milno will survive their current mission and tie with me.

He crouched next to the bunk, his back and shoulders against the wall. "...Do you want to talk about it?" he offered. If nothing else, he could listen to her. He owed her that much at least.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 2101