_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936747 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 4 recruiting.
« Reply #2670 on: June 16, 2012, 12:26:18 am »

((Well I'm rooting for you, and there's only so much that can go wrong at this point. More than enough to kill you, obviously, but still. Corpse trolley -> shuttle, computer-thing cart -> shuttle, selves -> shuttle, shuttle -> not-killzone. Easy, right...?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: June 16, 2012, 12:35:02 am »

((That cable can be used to pull anything!  :P

Also, we don't even know the force of impact and only Bishop knows the kind of ordnance used for the explosion. Yep, easy.

Also, yep. I'm content with waiting it out...it's just...10 people!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2672 on: June 16, 2012, 12:41:23 am »

((I want in on the next mission if I and my team survive.))
((And if there are still spots. The GM said he'll give preference to the people who sat out or didn't take part in any missions.))
Only in that I'm letting people on board volunteer before people on mission. If they get back and there's still spots, they can join up right away.

((Well I'm rooting for you, and there's only so much that can go wrong at this point. More than enough to kill you, obviously, but still. Corpse trolley -> shuttle, computer-thing cart -> shuttle, selves -> shuttle, shuttle -> not-killzone. Easy, right...?))
What could possibly go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM&feature=related

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: June 16, 2012, 12:42:33 am »

What could possibly go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM&feature=related
((Oh, you.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: June 16, 2012, 12:43:59 am »

((Will I be able to assemble my gear before the mission?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2675 on: June 16, 2012, 01:16:45 am »

((Will I be able to assemble my gear before the mission?))
If you buy it, sure.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: June 16, 2012, 01:18:54 am »

Volunteer fir the mission, then exit simulation, typing a note out to Nik:

Alright tinker buddy, let's get to the breifing room, next mission is coming up and I want you with me.

Go and get my suit, then swing by the Armory:

Microwave field manipulator, please. Also, if you have any kind of paint that we can use, dark green, maroon, and black, plus some brushes, please.

Go to my quarters, paint my armor and cybernetics, as well as my RGH-KP Rifle-Prototype in the same color scheme, black primary, dark green secondary, and maroon tertiary, except for my right shoulder pauldron, which is maroon primary and black trim, with my full name detailed in dark green on the maroon. As well, the buttplate of the RGH-KP Rifle-Prototype is also maroon with black trim and my full name in Dark green, and the right-hand side of the rifle has "Prototype" painted on in Maroon. Put on my armor, then stow my glasses away safely, and seal the helmet with faceplate down.

Return the paint and brushes to the armory, then head to the Briefing room.

((You have no idea how hard that all was to type on my iPod.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:27:29 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: June 16, 2012, 05:18:23 am »

((Okay, then, if that's not that much of a problem, really...))
Sure, Nick. Though, if your tinkering yielded you a weapon, mine didn't. I feel like trying to get one before the mission with a last-ditch effort - I just hope I won't be too late.

Save and file away for later that transport hovercraft design.
Bring back the chimera gun design: replace the pulse rifle part with the cutting laser one. Check if it is able to fire continiously, as the calculations show
((4*2TPU/sec(4 gauss rifle generators)=8 TPU/sec(cutting laser) )).
Based on the chimera gun design idea, make another one: fuse in a gauss canon, a cutting laser and a high energy projector (all stripped of their power sources and capacitors). Add a rechargeable variant of the tesla sabre battery
((that'd be +1 token to the base price of the battery, right?)) and the LESHO rifle power generator; power all the fused weapon parts from the battery ((that way the problem with pricing the capacitors is sort of circumvented, I hope)), which is in turn recharged by the generator.
((Also, just to make it clear (and not to look like an exploit user), my weapon's design is based on the assumption of that battery TPU output being nerfed down two or four times.))

Steve, I would like to volunteer for the next mission. I take it that we won't be briefed until there's enough people on the team and the current team has returned from the mission - so, is it that necessary to spend that time in the briefing room? Can't I just join the comrades there just before the mission briefing starts?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:53:59 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: June 16, 2012, 06:12:13 am »

Volunteer for the mission eagerly.
"Ooh, Ooh, I wanna go! I wanna go! Use my haaaand laaaasseeerrrs!"
Neil seems to be giving off a mood somewhat like an excited puppy, grabbing his hand lasers eagerly, and running off to the briefing room with an excited grin.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:23:31 am by Powder Miner »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: June 16, 2012, 10:04:40 am »

((May I get a token count, please?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2680 on: June 16, 2012, 10:16:10 am »

Current mission list
Milno
Faith
E
Thomas
Lukas
Nick
Nik
Neil
Volunteer fir the mission, then exit simulation, typing a note out to Nik:

Alright tinker buddy, let's get to the breifing room, next mission is coming up and I want you with me.

Go and get my suit, then swing by the Armory:

Microwave field manipulator, please. Also, if you have any kind of paint that we can use, dark green, maroon, and black, plus some brushes, please.

Go to my quarters, paint my armor and cybernetics, as well as my RGH-KP Rifle-Prototype in the same color scheme, black primary, dark green secondary, and maroon tertiary, except for my right shoulder pauldron, which is maroon primary and black trim, with my full name detailed in dark green on the maroon. As well, the buttplate of the RGH-KP Rifle-Prototype is also maroon with black trim and my full name in Dark green, and the right-hand side of the rifle has "Prototype" painted on in Maroon. Put on my armor, then stow my glasses away safely, and seal the helmet with faceplate down.

Return the paint and brushes to the armory, then head to the Briefing room.

((You have no idea how hard that all was to type on my iPod.))
I won't bother to roll handiwork for the painting, since it's all simple and you can reroll painting rolls. Consider it all done. Consider also that you now have 2 tokens left and a microwave field manipulator in hand. And you're in the briefing room.

Volunteer for the mission eagerly.
"Ooh, Ooh, I wanna go! I wanna go! Use my haaaand laaaasseeerrrs!"
Neil seems to be giving off a mood somewhat like an excited puppy, grabbing his hand lasers eagerly, and running off to the briefing room with an excited grin.
You head to the briefing room and volunteer for the mission.

((Okay, then, if that's not that much of a problem, really...))
Sure, Nick. Though, if your tinkering yielded you a weapon, mine didn't. I feel like trying to get one before the mission with a last-ditch effort - I just hope I won't be too late.

Save and file away for later that transport hovercraft design.
Bring back the chimera gun design: replace the pulse rifle part with the cutting laser one. Check if it is able to fire continiously, as the calculations show
((4*2TPU/sec(4 gauss rifle generators)=8 TPU/sec(cutting laser) )).
Based on the chimera gun design idea, make another one: fuse in a gauss canon, a cutting laser and a high energy projector (all stripped of their power sources and capacitors). Add a rechargeable variant of the tesla sabre battery
((that'd be +1 token to the base price of the battery, right?)) and the LESHO rifle power generator; power all the fused weapon parts from the battery ((that way the problem with pricing the capacitors is sort of circumvented, I hope)), which is in turn recharged by the generator.
((Also, just to make it clear (and not to look like an exploit user), my weapon's design is based on the assumption of that battery TPU output being nerfed down two or four times.))

Steve, I would like to volunteer for the next mission. I take it that we won't be briefed until there's enough people on the team and the current team has returned from the mission - so, is it that necessary to spend that time in the briefing room? Can't I just join the comrades there just before the mission briefing starts?

>It's not necessary, but it does stop us all from waiting on you if, say, the mission ends and you're zoned out or something. Or, if we hit 10 volunteers I may just brief them now to save time.

Now then, on to the in depth technical stuff.

1. It would be able to fire continuously as long as all 4 generators are routed to it.

2. Ok, this is where it gets complex. Recharging a battery via a generator is possible but it's gonna cause the battery to wear out relatively quickly. Powering everything off that battery is also possible, but you'll need different capacitor banks for every weapon that doesn't run on 8tpu alone. For instance, the Gauss cannon runs on 4 4TPU generators right? Well that means that it actually needs 16 TPU per second to function normally. That means that you'll have to let the tesla battery charge a bank of capacitors for 2 seconds in order to then deliver the proper charge to the cannon. But the cannon only uses that when firing so thats fine, just means firing slower. However something like the High energy projector, well thats a hell of a lot of energy you're gonna have to be diverting.

And this all assumes you're giving one gun full power. If you're charging three then that power is gonna be even more divided and even slower. Does that make sense?

((May I get a token count, please?))
Oh, thats right, I forgot to do that huh? Sorry. You were right. 2 token.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:49:38 am by piecewise »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: June 16, 2012, 11:41:42 am »

(( Sure, thanks for the explanation. Now, is it possible to vary the TPU per second output of the capacitor, or is it fixed like that of the battery?))
Replace the tesla sabre battery with one 324 TPU capacitor (or a bigger one which is capable of holding at least that much energy), and route it to all of the weapon parts.

Check the gauss cannon for the overcharge option.

Once more lower the caliber of the gauss rifle - to four times as little this time (so that making one round for the new design would take 1/4th of the materials used to make the standart gauss rifle round). Test this small-caliber weapon against a Mk I dummy four times - with 4x, 6x, 8x and 10x power being supplied to the coils (essentially, just replicating the design of many circuits, but using one big power generator instead of several small ones).

Judging by what you say, Steve, currently there are fewer than 10 volunteers. Now, that talk about the mottos and insignias - on that home planet of mine, the garbage collection agency's motto, as far as I remember, was 'We clean, we are clean, and we purge the unclean' (it was also responsible for pest control - ah, I still remember the smell of burning vermin in the morning; sweet home memories!). Now, what about the HMRC?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: June 16, 2012, 11:58:18 am »

Purchase the Nightstick and extended Gauss Rifle

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: June 16, 2012, 12:15:34 pm »

Since I can assume that we're all going on the next mission, anyone feel like handling a prototype?

It's a fairly tame design, and quite useful with its multiple fire modes and massive 75 round magazine, and is good at short ranges, but excells at medium range.

((5 STR to use, 7 STR for full funtcionality.

+1 short +2 medium 0 long))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:23:21 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2684 on: June 16, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »

"Well, I've got the strength to handle it, probably," says Empyrean, "and I bet it's a hell lot better than this hi-tech metal pipe, but is it safe? Reliable? Does in explode after firing, say, the 35th round?"

She looked slightly suspicious at the word prototype.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 2101