_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929526 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2325 on: June 09, 2012, 07:11:47 am »

Sure, Nick. Looks like this simulation will end pretty soon, for I underestimated the enemy as well as overestimated my Chimera Mk I gun. I will probably need to improve the Mk II a lot for it to be up to the challenge, but that'll be after helping with your simulation. Then he switches back to the mission channel.

Chimeras to C, AP rounds, overcharge! Repeat until the target is down!
This is likely our last stand, lads. Make the Magisters proud of their loyal men-at-arms!

Set the gun to fire mode C (all charging circuits routed simultaneously to the gauss rifle part), keep the gun being fed from the AP rounds magazine, and initiate powering up for the overcharge.
Meditate for a few seconds (or until the charge is ready), then, with the hopefully achieved tranquility of mind, fire at the monster.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:13:50 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: June 09, 2012, 07:42:45 am »

Only question before you come into my sim: Driver, or Gunner?

Another slight mod, more ammo for the LESHOs stored somewhere in the cabin. About another 20 should do, for now.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2327 on: June 09, 2012, 08:46:56 am »

Distangle and get up, slowly backing off, and show no fear.

"Thank you for the info," Empyrean adds.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:49:25 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: June 09, 2012, 09:44:04 am »

May walks towards Empyrean.

"~Come with me, Hail Mary
Run quick see, what do we have here
Now, do you wanna ride or die
La dadada, la la la la~"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: June 09, 2012, 09:58:02 am »

((May has become my favorite character on the ship :D))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: June 09, 2012, 10:15:16 am »

Gunner, definetly. I have a little trouble remembering how to operate the auxilliary craft. - Wait, is the weapon mount operated physically or is it more computer-controlled? Because if the latter, I will be of little use to you - I don't remember a thing about computers and overall non-weapon devices.
Also, I'm not sure what kind of 'hardware' you're making, but I would probably suggest making the design modular - so that the armaments can be purchased and installed independently.
Because otherwise you'd be in deep problem of having a great number of pre-defined variants - and believe me, that's a xenos hell of a headache to keep track of them all.

(( @GM: how do you feel about adding the pilot profession to the list? Hacker, perhaps, or something like that - because, yes, fleshtechs can fill that role in a pinch, but I'm afraid their implied role is a bit different.
Or maybe giving the Mercenaries the option to choose auxilliary systems as their forte - you know, it would probably fit nicely with their improved intuition and overall idea of a mercenary pilot. After all, a pirate gang mercenary band does need someone to operate their spaceship/ground vehicle/aircraft/whatever, right?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2331 on: June 09, 2012, 10:18:34 am »

Empyrean stands there frozen, trying to parse the words. And failing to do so.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: June 09, 2012, 10:33:01 am »

((May has become my favorite character on the ship :D))
((Random and creepy characters tend to do that. I also think Lukas wants some, which may have affected your judgement. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: June 09, 2012, 11:27:03 am »

May continues walking towards Empyrean until she's back against a wall.

"~I ain't a killer but don't push me
Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting pussy
Picture paragraphs unloaded, wise words being quoted
Peeped the weakness in the rap game and sewed it
Bow down, pray to God hoping that he's listening
Seeing niggas coming for me, to my diamonds, when they glistening
Now pay attention, rest in peace father
I'm a ghost in these killing fields
Hail Mary catch me if I go, let's go deep inside
the solitary mind of a madman who screams in the dark
Evil lurks, enemies, see me flee
Activate my hate, let it break, to the flame
Set trip, empty out my clip, never stop to aim
Some say the game is all corrupted, fucked in this shit
Stuck, niggas is lucky if we bust out this shit, plus
mama told me never stop until I bust a nut
Fuck the world if they can't adjust
It's just as well, Hail Mary~"

((Btw, I think May is still pretty wasted.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: June 09, 2012, 11:33:57 am »

(Sky, you should respond with a headbutt. Just saying. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: June 09, 2012, 11:50:43 am »

((She took the common booze. Not a good drinker it seems. I say Empyrean is getting molested if this keeps going.

Talking about perverts, Renen should not get implants installed on him. On the best of the cases, he loses all of his libido. On the worst, we'll have him with a berserker side like Faith, but only in the "rapist" variant. I really do not think I want to see two berserking convicts fighting each other and destroying the rec room (again) in the process.

(Sky, you should respond with a headbutt. Just saying. ^^^)
Sky has a curse which causes almost all of her dex rolls involving escaping from perverts to be either one or two. I think that it may backfire terribly.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2336 on: June 09, 2012, 11:55:13 am »

Smack with body. Let's hope percussive treatment somehow destroys alcohol.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2337 on: June 09, 2012, 02:23:47 pm »

Thomas fought nimbly, going for dodges and counters.
[Dex:4]
[man dex:3]
[Dex:3]
[str:6]
You bounce around, light on your feet, and wait for the man to take the first blow. As he swings you duck beneath it and try to deliver a jaw breaking uppercut. Your fist glances of the man's chin, stunning him slightly but doing little damage.

((Alright then.

So, question: Is it possible to get a refund for an unused battery? What about the one that comes with the weapon?

Also, how do overshots/failures on a microwave field manipulator work again? On average, I mean.))
You can't resell the battery that comes with the weapon because its a free thing.  As per one you buy, yeah, that would work.

With a 1 you're gonna have a various, bad effects. With 6 you're gonna basically just go over board. If you're trying to burn 1 foot of space you'll burn 10, etc. It can also lead to a feedback event if burning 10 drains your mind points.

((Piecewise, I copied that straight from here (Specifically starting at line 1390), which you said is the list that you are using in the front page, where sheets would normally be.

If not, I'm sorry for bothering you about it.

I copied my current numbers from my original sheet post, edited to include profession changes, so that's what you should have.

I don't mean to be a pain about it, but it bugs me.))

Enter the Battle of Hexbarax sim, looking at deployment options.
I've updated it in my papers. I'm not sure why it was different, I can only assume that either I changed it accidentally or you said it was different before and I changed it then. By the way, you don't actually get a 1+ to exotic weapons because you have a zero in it. You get a -1 because of the zero and then thats nullified by the +1 from the profession. The +1's from professions are to rolls, not numbers too.

As per your deployment options, the ones which would let you use that machine of yours are basically just the ones that put you either a distance from the battle or put you straight in it. The rest would do stuff like put you inside a Titan or drop you from above.

Like I said, the Mk III is really designed for moving out of harm's way, not tanking shots.
((Like I asked: can't I upgrade it?))
You lick E's forehead.
((And you should roll for May's dex every time she pounces and tries to lick someone or soon enough half the crew will be smeared.))
((May is biconfused))
((Nope, May is pretty damn sure of what it wants. It is still Elisaz - the omnisexual pervert - inside.))
Oh, I thought you were just thinking aloud, not asking a question, sorry. Sure you can upgrade it with armor. Might take some fiddling on your part to get it as you like but there's nothing to stop ya from trying.

Sure, Nick. Looks like this simulation will end pretty soon, for I underestimated the enemy as well as overestimated my Chimera Mk I gun. I will probably need to improve the Mk II a lot for it to be up to the challenge, but that'll be after helping with your simulation. Then he switches back to the mission channel.

Chimeras to C, AP rounds, overcharge! Repeat until the target is down!
This is likely our last stand, lads. Make the Magisters proud of their loyal men-at-arms!

Set the gun to fire mode C (all charging circuits routed simultaneously to the gauss rifle part), keep the gun being fed from the AP rounds magazine, and initiate powering up for the overcharge.
Meditate for a few seconds (or until the charge is ready), then, with the hopefully achieved tranquility of mind, fire at the monster.

The overcharge is still powering up as one of the creature's tentacles sweeps down toward you, scouring the land and sweeping men into the air, a rushing wave of flesh and windwept dirt that hurls toward you like a blastwave. [dex:5-1] You duck back into the trench, avoiding being caught and dragged up with the men around you, but still taking the brunt of a glancing blow to your shoulder. [end:5] You tumble and roll and bounce down the trench several dozen feet, spraining your shoulder but otherwise remaining uninjured.

Only question before you come into my sim: Driver, or Gunner?

Another slight mod, more ammo for the LESHOs stored somewhere in the cabin. About another 20 should do, for now.
Ok.  I rarely keep track of ammo that much in those sims anyways. You guys usually die before it really matters :P

Distangle and get up, slowly backing off, and show no fear.

"Thank you for the info," Empyrean adds.
You wiggle out of under her and back up.

Smack with body. Let's hope percussive treatment somehow destroys alcohol.
[may dex:1]
[Dex:6]
[str:4+1]

You grab may by the shoulders and slam directly into her chest with all the force you can muster, hurling her across the room and into a wall.

[may End:4] May flops around for a few seconds before standing back up, dazed.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2338 on: June 09, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »

((Phew. good thing I didn't pipe her.))

"Erm. Sorry, you were just ... creeping me out. Who's Mary, though, and why should I hail her?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: June 09, 2012, 02:45:42 pm »

(( @GM: how do you feel about adding the pilot profession to the list? Hacker, perhaps, or something like that - because, yes, fleshtechs can fill that role in a pinch, but I'm afraid their implied role is a bit different.
Or maybe giving the Mercenaries the option to choose auxilliary systems as their forte - you know, it would probably fit nicely with their improved intuition and overall idea of a mercenary pilot. After all, a pirate gang mercenary band does need someone to operate their spaceship/ground vehicle/aircraft/whatever, right?))

Get up. Shoot the monster if the weapon is ready, then enable the 'exaggerated movements' mode. If it isn't ready yet, try to dodge around (use 'exaggerated movements mode') until it is, disable that mode, then shoot, and enable it again.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 2101