_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929201 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2310 on: June 08, 2012, 11:41:59 pm »

((I was considering asking about being molested less, since Milno reminded her that it sort of keeps happening. "Make an example of someone" or "Suck less" probably wouldn't be good pieces of advice to follow, though. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2311 on: June 09, 2012, 12:16:28 am »

Go ask the Armory Master for a Spoon whilst simultainiously colliding with Empyrean.
You walk directly into E as you step into towards the armory, half tripping half hugging your way into her. You end up in a big pile with you on top.

"Spoon please!" you shout while staring directly into E's eyes.

A metal spoon bounces off the back of your head a moment later.
Faith winced.

"I guess I won't ask about that stuff, then. But um, you know those stilt-things that increase your movements? I found them when I was in VR and I was thinking they might be useful. And then I was thinking I could get a monoatomic razor to serve as an actual weapon, at least until I can afford something more expensive.

So, um, I guess my question is whether I should keep my Advanced Kit and get a monoatomic razor, or trade it in for a monoatomic razor and those stilts. I thought about, uh, other options, like those crowd shock gauntlets, but I think I want to get a standalone generator and special batteries for those, so they'd probably have to wait. But, I'd also like to know if that's a good idea, because I don't want to keep losing tokens on batteries, but of course that's more expensive in the short term...

Um, sorry to bother you with rambling. I just don't have a... clear-cut decision, it's more like a cluster of things."
"I guess that depends on what you want to do. Do you have the proverbial balls to charge directly into combat and take something down with a knife? Because that is what it's gonna come down to. No reason to gear yourself up with things you won't use. "

"Morning, or whatever time of the day it is,"
said Empyrean to the Armory Mastah.
"Of the Mark II armor suit I bought from you, do you allow trade-ins? Like, I pay an amount of money in the future and trade the II for a III, also in the future? The mark three armor suits are just so much better than the twos, I recently discovered."
"You can sell the suit later for some tokens and then use the tokens for whatever, but we don't have any sort of trade in system per say."

((@IronyOwl: What did you want to ask the armory master?))

Milno checks his dummy uses. Well, whatever.

Summon a Battlesuit and check the problems of using it while wearing a MkIII.
The difficulties would be pretty sporadic to be honest. It would mostly be difficulty with handling fine movements and internal systems because the bulk of the suit gets in the way. Plus you'd need to remove the exoskeleton.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: June 09, 2012, 12:26:22 am »

The difficulties would be pretty sporadic to be honest. It would mostly be difficulty with handling fine movements and internal systems because the bulk of the suit gets in the way. Plus you'd need to remove the exoskeleton.
((I don't want to get rid of my MkIII but also don't want to stay inside a thing as frail as it is for too long. I guess I'll have to try and slowly upgrade it with the "More Armor Plz" solution. I'll also attempt to add more rocket pods and finally fix that problem with the exploding fuel.

Could I thoretically, by adding higher quality armor, some extra plates of cheaper ones or any combination of the aforementioned, get it to be at least as half as resilient as a Battlesuit? Let's say I spent 20 tokens in materials to upgrade the MkIII's resilience, even sacrificing a little of its flight duration but without losing the movement bonus.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: June 09, 2012, 12:27:47 am »

Hey Nik, I've got a new piece of hardware I just came up with, would you mind tagging along with me into a Battle of Hexbarax simulation to try it out? Once you're done with your own, of course.

Final touches, rearrange the internals so that it seats three: One with the view that simulates a windowshield and control of movement, one with the targeting and control of the LESHOs, and a third with both of those views and a computer with whatever battlefield intel/maps/whatever displayed.

All of the extra space can go to more armor, improved engine (if possible), and a rack for three RGH-KP Rifles and 3 spare magazines for them.

Spoiler: For the GM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:35:10 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: June 09, 2012, 12:30:14 am »

Thomas heads back into the simulator, and unpauses. He fights aggressively, trying to end this quickly.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: June 09, 2012, 12:32:17 am »

"Well... I suck with guns, robots are expensive, I'm not very good with amplifiers or manipulators... I'm not sure what else I could do. I'm pretty fast and I, uh, have this enhancement that drives me berserk for emergencies," she said, holding up her wrist, "but I guess I'm not very brave or, uh, injury-resistant, so I'm not sure what I should do."

((Could I thoretically, by adding higher quality armor, some extra plates of cheaper ones or any combination of the aforementioned, get it to be at least as half as resilient as a Battlesuit? Let's say I spent 20 tokens in materials to upgrade the MkIII's resilience, even sacrificing a little of its flight duration but without losing the movement bonus.))
((This raises another question in general, though I'm sure there'll be a lot of variance between examples.

Basically, supposing there's Option A and Option B, which is basically just a better version of Option A, what's the difference between selling Option A to help pay for Option B, and slowly or suddenly upgrading Option A into Option B using your own skills?))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: June 09, 2012, 01:09:44 am »

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just fantastic."
Thomas says, avoiding eye contact.

Lukas notices Thomas is avoiding eye contact. From his time at the university, Lukas knows that students always did this when they were holding something back on him. "Sooo, nothing you wanna tell me?" In his thoughts Lukas gives himself a facepalm for asking that question. He clears his throat. "You know what? Never mind. It's none of my business. You maybe want to get a drink or something? There must be something more outrageous than doped Xenospit somewhere on this ship. If you'd rather fiddle with the VR I'll just find something else to do."

((oops, I missed one page of posts))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: June 09, 2012, 01:13:36 am »

You walk directly into E as you step into towards the armory, half tripping half hugging your way into her. You end up in a big pile with you on top.

"Spoon please!" you shout while staring directly into E's eyes.

A metal spoon bounces off the back of your head a moment later.

((Wait, if I were Empyrean at that moment, I would have gotten the impression that May wants to spoon me (or the other way around).))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: June 09, 2012, 01:19:46 am »

Lick Empyrean.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: June 09, 2012, 01:29:02 am »

Lick Empyrean.

((May is biconfused))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2320 on: June 09, 2012, 02:37:40 am »

((I don't want to get rid of my MkIII but also don't want to stay inside a thing as frail as it is for too long. I guess I'll have to try and slowly upgrade it with the "More Armor Plz" solution. I'll also attempt to add more rocket pods and finally fix that problem with the exploding fuel.

Could I thoretically, by adding higher quality armor, some extra plates of cheaper ones or any combination of the aforementioned, get it to be at least as half as resilient as a Battlesuit? Let's say I spent 20 tokens in materials to upgrade the MkIII's resilience, even sacrificing a little of its flight duration but without losing the movement bonus.))
Like I said, the Mk III is really designed for moving out of harm's way, not tanking shots.

Hey Nik, I've got a new piece of hardware I just came up with, would you mind tagging along with me into a Battle of Hexbarax simulation to try it out? Once you're done with your own, of course.

Final touches, rearrange the internals so that it seats three: One with the view that simulates a windowshield and control of movement, one with the targeting and control of the LESHOs, and a third with both of those views and a computer with whatever battlefield intel/maps/whatever displayed.

All of the extra space can go to more armor, improved engine (if possible), and a rack for three RGH-KP Rifles and 3 spare magazines for them.

Spoiler: For the GM (click to show/hide)
I haven't stuck in the numbers for your profession because you haven't gone on a mission. This is what I have.
Stats:
Strength:2
Dexterity:3
Endurance:2
Charisma:0
Intelligence:10
Willpower:3

Skills:
Speech:0
Intuition:1
Handiwork:3
Conv. Weapons:0
Unconv. Weapons:0
Exotic Weapons:1
Auxiliary Systems:0
Medical Tech:0

Profession: Transhuman

And thats copied straight from one of your posts. Did you change things after that? Because you need to tell me if you do that, I won't notice if you just go back and edit it after I say I got it.

Consider your car all set up. Most of the extra space went to a bigger engine to deal with extra armor and the rifles.

Thomas heads back into the simulator, and unpauses. He fights aggressively, trying to end this quickly.
[Dex:6]
[Str:3]
You punch the girl right in the nose and she falls down and starts crying. Hope you're proud of yourself, tough guy.

The girl is replaced a moment later with a rather average looking guy who also takes up a fighting stance.

"Well... I suck with guns, robots are expensive, I'm not very good with amplifiers or manipulators... I'm not sure what else I could do. I'm pretty fast and I, uh, have this enhancement that drives me berserk for emergencies," she said, holding up her wrist, "but I guess I'm not very brave or, uh, injury-resistant, so I'm not sure what I should do."

((Could I thoretically, by adding higher quality armor, some extra plates of cheaper ones or any combination of the aforementioned, get it to be at least as half as resilient as a Battlesuit? Let's say I spent 20 tokens in materials to upgrade the MkIII's resilience, even sacrificing a little of its flight duration but without losing the movement bonus.))
((This raises another question in general, though I'm sure there'll be a lot of variance between examples.

Basically, supposing there's Option A and Option B, which is basically just a better version of Option A, what's the difference between selling Option A to help pay for Option B, and slowly or suddenly upgrading Option A into Option B using your own skills?))
(kinda depends on the situation.)

"Eh, if you're a weak coward with a medkit then you're probably in the right profession as a fleshtech. But you could always just get a kinetic amplifier or something, just in case."

Lick Empyrean.
You lick E's forehead.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: June 09, 2012, 02:47:50 am »

Thomas fought nimbly, going for dodges and counters.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: June 09, 2012, 02:50:25 am »

((Alright then.

So, question: Is it possible to get a refund for an unused battery? What about the one that comes with the weapon?

Also, how do overshots/failures on a microwave field manipulator work again? On average, I mean.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: June 09, 2012, 03:18:10 am »

((Piecewise, I copied that straight from here (Specifically starting at line 1390), which you said is the list that you are using in the front page, where sheets would normally be.

If not, I'm sorry for bothering you about it.

I copied my current numbers from my original sheet post, edited to include profession changes, so that's what you should have.

I don't mean to be a pain about it, but it bugs me.))

Enter the Battle of Hexbarax sim, looking at deployment options.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:38:25 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: June 09, 2012, 06:56:48 am »

Like I said, the Mk III is really designed for moving out of harm's way, not tanking shots.
((Like I asked: can't I upgrade it?))
You lick E's forehead.
((And you should roll for May's dex every time she pounces and tries to lick someone or soon enough half the crew will be smeared.))
((May is biconfused))
((Nope, May is pretty damn sure of what it wants. It is still Elisaz - the omnisexual pervert - inside.))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:13:50 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 2101