_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920631 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Detonate.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Upwards! This would be rather awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Try out impact boots. Experiment on different surfaces and against full robots armed with laser pointers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Sure, take your time. Also, do I understand it right that, game wise, protective clothing is generally less durable but provides greater mobility than the more conventional armoring, token for token? ))
See if it is possible to replace the coils in the field.
Get a four-circuit gauss rifle and fuse it  with a generator/capacitor-stripped pulse rifle (horizontally, if not too inefficient, so that would be some place left under the fused barrels; gauss barrel on the left, pulse 'barrel' on the right); make the new weapon use the charging circuits to power the pulse rifle as well. See to what power and rate of fire for the pulse shot that would amount. Move the magazine slot of the gauss part to the side if it were on the underside.
Also, make a new magazine for the gauss rifle (one that could be used with the unmodified version of it), of at least 3x capacity (actually, as much as up to 3 tokens worth) - use the drum or the helical design, whichever proves more efficient here.

((Yes, that one would most certainly be a big and heavy one; actually, I assumed the ordinary magazine is of the box variant - but is it, really?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Wait to see what happens from the far side of the worm. nursing my imaginary wounds.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Detonate.
You press the detonate button. You actually survive the resulting explosion. You are less lucky when it comes to the several thousand tons of sand and rock that come down moments later.

E and May are dumped back to the menu screen.

Try the same trick again, but this time attempt to cut it with the tesla sabre. If they happen to be close to detonating the Charge, don't go for it.

You are about to fly in and slice the shit out of that worm when the worm and a wide area around it becomes nothing but a blur of orange and red on the motion tracker and the ground falls as though into a great sinkhole. And then, once the sand settles, nothing moves. Huh, something fun must have happened.

Wait to see what happens from the far side of the worm. nursing my imaginary wounds.
A nuclear weapon explodes about 100 feet away from you. You are very very dead.

Upwards! This would be rather awesome.
[aux:2-1] You get out of your chair and poke a few random buttons. A large red message pops up on screen a moment later

"OVERRIDE ACCEPTED. OPENING OUTER DOORS"

Uh...

Try out impact boots. Experiment on different surfaces and against full robots armed with laser pointers.
You try charging a robot on a metal surface, ignoring the fact that its already got the laser pointer trained directly on your forehead. You take a few steps and it feels like you're walking on a trampoline. You attempt to run and involuntarily do a front flip. You try again, taking careful, light steps, and end up flying along the ground at very high speeds, closing the distance to the robot in moments.

You reset and try again on sand. Your first step results in a burst of sand, which causes you to stumble back and create an even larger burst of sand. You eventually turn off the boots after you manage to dig yourself into a nice pit.

((Sure, take your time. Also, do I understand it right that, game wise, protective clothing is generally less durable but provides greater mobility than the more conventional armoring, token for token? ))
See if it is possible to replace the coils in the field.
Get a four-circuit gauss rifle and fuse it  with a generator/capacitor-stripped pulse rifle (horizontally, if not too inefficient, so that would be some place left under the fused barrels; gauss barrel on the left, pulse 'barrel' on the right); make the new weapon use the charging circuits to power the pulse rifle as well. See to what power and rate of fire for the pulse shot that would amount. Move the magazine slot of the gauss part to the side if it were on the underside.
Also, make a new magazine for the gauss rifle (one that could be used with the unmodified version of it), of at least 3x capacity (actually, as much as up to 3 tokens worth) - use the drum or the helical design, whichever proves more efficient here.

((Yes, that one would most certainly be a big and heavy one; actually, I assumed the ordinary magazine is of the box variant - but is it, really?))

Ok, heres some "cloth" armor for you.

-Civic Defender's longcoat
-Shade Cloak
-Protectorate Suit
-Shadow walker cloak
-High Guard Armor
-Walking Bastion
-Arbiter Cloak

It would be possible to replace the coils in the field, but not easy.

As per this Chimera of a weapon you're describing, when you say fuse barrels I assume you mean like on a double barrel shotgun right? Not into a single barrel? Also, if you use the generators from one weapon for both, it's gonna mean that only one can fire at a time, just a heads up. Also, if I remember right, your pulse rifle used 2 generators and a single capacitor bank correct? Well, you'll need to either find a way to reduce the power from the gauss rifle into something approximating what the laser is designed for, or you'll need to rework the electrical system and probably focusing arrays of the laser to make it functional.

That larger magazine is perfectly fine though.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leave the simulation. Move to the TV and check for any news on current wars.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas spoke to the A.I. "Activate modifier, No-Clip."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith giggled a bit. These boots were nice; she wondered how the braces and pods would hold up.

Test out leg brace things and pods under similar circumstances. Compare traits of all three, including cost.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith giggled a bit. These boots were nice; she wondered how the braces and pods would hold up.
((Stop giggling and start suffering :V))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Stop giggling and start suffering :V))
((Can't until the next mission starts. :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Leave the simulation. Move to the TV and check for any news on current wars.
You hop out of the VR machine and roll yourself over to the television. You grab the remote from where someone left it, wedged in the couch cushions, and flip through the channels till you find something that seems to be talking about a war of some sort.

"The blockade of China-9 has entered it's 53rd year with no sign of ending any time soon. Rebels of varying factions have waged a ceaseless campaign of terror and violence across the planet's surface and underground, claiming to fight for everything from a free planet to the right to keep and own harems. The forces of the system's Magistar as well as joint forces of several other systems have worked to stem the rebel treat and keep the civilized areas of the planet safe, but, as one commander put it,

"Those fucking rebels breed like Vex."

Test out leg brace things and pods under similar circumstances. Compare traits of all three, including cost.
You strap on the leg braces and stand up. Then you immediately fall down. You try again. And then again. And then one more time. Eventually you get it right and try running on some metal. It's a lot like the impact boots, though you can jump higher and it's over all harder to stay up since you're running on stilts. You move on to try it on sand and find that, though it bogs you down, at least it doesn't end up with you stuck in a giant crater.

The pods work...well a lot like you would expect them to. You press a button and all of a sudden you're hurtling forward and what could very literally be called break neck speed. It's not effected by the terrain but...well the number of times you ragdolled face first into concrete, metal and sand make you think that it might not be the safest of alternatives.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno stares at the TV. Such idiots. Both sides, that is. He didn't believe in gods because if they really existed, they in their infinite mercy would have performed euthanasia on the human race. And on any alien race like the humankind, for that matter.

Keep watching the idiocy.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Practice attempting to dodge while wearing each option.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( Yes, like a double-barreled shotgun. Yes, mostly mutually exclusive - but can't the power output be split, like, e.g. 3 charging circuits for the gauss part, one power generator and whatever the capacitor bank of the charging circuit amounts to for the pulse part? And, judging from what you said before (got revised?), it can be re-configured or just switched to another pre-configured split.
As for reducing the power - is it really needed? I mean, in the pulse rifle generators work parallel and the power output is just enough, isn't it? The question here, however, is how big the 'charging circuit' capacitor banks are if compared to the ones I used on the pulse rifle. Probably smaller, due to the fact charging circuit capacitor bank with the power generator amount to the same 1 token as the pulse rifle capacitor bank stands alone for. ))
Try adding another magazine slot to the gauss part of the chimaera gun, with the possible option of not attaching the magazine and feeding the gun manually by single shots through it. Also add a fire selector to choose which magazine to feed the gun from.
Strip the high energy projector of its power generator and estimate this variant's weight and price. Try using the cutting laser battery to power it.
Sip more tea.

Splendid!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 2101