_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921381 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Not like today, where every soldier is a walking weapon of mass destruction, and battles are won in moments. How primitive they were.
(( Propaganda lies! Spinal_Taper, remember about Hexbrax! It was pretty much trench warfare, according to the simulation!
Just kidding ;D :P ))
That shot thing...yeah fuck me. Not gonna be able to do that.
(( Pity :) Then, looks like I'll have to resort to the good olde method of guess it & test the guess in the field. ;) ))

Update the research data document, and back it up. ((I'll update it after this action is performed - you know, there can be sudden power outage, giant explosion killing everyone in the VR room and such. ))
Make two more exoskeleton designs - one with 1/5 strength of the regular one, and one with twice that strength. Perform various tests on the stronger variant, reinforce with stronger materials, if needed. Check its price.
Re-make the reinforced gauss rifle (able to withstand several-circuit-simultaneous overpower shot).

Hmmm,
Say, Steve, have there been instances of 'Corps' missions taking place in the middle of a full-blown military event?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Hey Nik, I think I've got something here with this shield. In the last three tests I performed, those weird cyber-tentacles scratched through the synthflesh layer and the first armor panel, but not the second. A reflective coating held off a laser, even when damaged by a Gauss shell, only damaging the already-damaged area. And all of than with it only being ~105mm thick!

Add a mount onto the middle of the back of the shield for attachment to a suit or exoskeleton's outer forearm. Then, check the cost and requirements to use the shield.

Hey Steve, I've got a promising bit here with this shield. What do you think?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Glad to hear that! Say, Nick, could you then (sometime later, of course) devise an improved armor for our something 'battlesuit mk II' which would be using that stronger exoskeleton I'm working on? Oh, and it might also need some field generator, but I'm not sure who we can ask about that - 'cause I am, frankly speaking, not so well-versed in the ways of modern science.

Oh, and you asking Steve about your designs  - does that ever work, I'm curious? I mean, getting anything other than a fair amount of amusement with his wise and intelligent comments?

And one more thing: after you check the price, and if it's not too high, try increasing the thickness of synth-flesh layer. Perhaps then it will be able to withstand that cyber-tentacles' scratching. Never mind the idea if it increases the manufacturing price too much, however.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Steve is the one who gives the go-ahead for prototyping. If you can convince him that it would work, he might give you a free prototype to test in the field. Or, at least he has once already for me. It's currently in my locker, awaiting the next mission.

Also, yeah, I'll improve the thickness of the synthflesh, maybe to 10mm. As for a "Battlesuit MkII", that might be my next project, joint development with you for the exoskeleton, me for armor and power.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:40:53 am by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Really? Hmmm, thank you for the information. Maybe I can benefit this way too.
Also, how do you think, about what should be the desired rate of fire for single shots? I mean, 5 seconds to recharge is probably too much, the enemy would have at least half a dozen tries at killing you before you get a second shot. But is 2.5 seconds time frame okay? Or should it be more like 1.7 seconds? Or perhaps 3.3 seconds would suffice?
Past Sigs

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Watch and wait and look around for a possible way out. If i cant find one, try and think of a way to force myself (and maybe others) out.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

All I can say about that is make it as short as possible.

I know when I designed my RGH-KP Rifle, which is semiauto as well as burst-fire, it's only 0.5 seconds between shots, but that gun is made to be rapid-fire.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:38:59 am by PyroDesu »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This fighting seems interesting, I will watch it.

Renen keeps watching the fight against the worm-monster.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas enters the VR chamber, and loads up one of the battles he saw upon the channel. He gives himself his power pack, a Battlesuit, a laser rifle, the filament tipped drill, and a gauss cannon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno uses the motion tracker to watch the worm's movements under the earth by the amount of the ground being dislocated.

((Edit: I just realized something. Why the hell is Faith fixated on Milno? 3 simulations so far with Milno-bot, one of them with Jim included. That is already getting somewhat strange.

TL;DR: Throw Ivan into some simulations instead of Milno, kthnxbye.))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:01:45 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>You know you can just put that into the sim, not ask me.

"Ah, right."

Change sim to grant Lukas Jedi powers and force push heavy air away
[will:6] You draw your hand back and then thrust it forward with all the mystical power that an poorly defined magic force/microorganisms can muster. The chunk of heavy air hurls up and off you, tearing straight up into the floor above you and continuing up until it breaches the roof above and moonlight streams in.

"Gah!" Faith cried out playfully, delighted with her silly little jousting tournament. "Beaten by a honey badger!"

Oddly enough though, this did give her an idea...

Search for anything that would allow the user to cover short distances extremely quickly.
A MK III suit is one example.

Not like today, where every soldier is a walking weapon of mass destruction, and battles are won in moments. How primitive they were.
(( Propaganda lies! Spinal_Taper, remember about Hexbrax! It was pretty much trench warfare, according to the simulation!
Just kidding ;D :P ))
That shot thing...yeah fuck me. Not gonna be able to do that.
(( Pity :) Then, looks like I'll have to resort to the good olde method of guess it & test the guess in the field. ;) ))

Update the research data document, and back it up. ((I'll update it after this action is performed - you know, there can be sudden power outage, giant explosion killing everyone in the VR room and such. ))
Make two more exoskeleton designs - one with 1/5 strength of the regular one, and one with twice that strength. Perform various tests on the stronger variant, reinforce with stronger materials, if needed. Check its price.
Re-make the reinforced gauss rifle (able to withstand several-circuit-simultaneous overpower shot).

Hmmm,
Say, Steve, have there been instances of 'Corps' missions taking place in the middle of a full-blown military event?
You create a 2/5th's power exoskeleton and put it through various tests. Mostly ping pong related tests, but you also squeeze in a few about doing handstands and if the exoskeleton is guacamole resistant.

Gonna have to be a bit more specific with that rifle.

>Of course.

Hey Nik, I think I've got something here with this shield. In the last three tests I performed, those weird cyber-tentacles scratched through the synthflesh layer and the first armor panel, but not the second. A reflective coating held off a laser, even when damaged by a Gauss shell, only damaging the already-damaged area. And all of than with it only being ~105mm thick!

Add a mount onto the middle of the back of the shield for attachment to a suit or exoskeleton's outer forearm. Then, check the cost and requirements to use the shield.

Hey Steve, I've got a promising bit here with this shield. What do you think?
Your shield is gonna be really expensive. like 15 token or so. Weight wise it will be like 5.

>I think making shields out of synth-flesh is like making toilet paper out of gold.

Watch and wait and look around for a possible way out. If i cant find one, try and think of a way to force myself (and maybe others) out.
[int:3] Uh...you could like...shoot your way out and stuff?

This fighting seems interesting, I will watch it.

Renen keeps watching the fight against the worm-monster.
You watch the continued adventures of the idiot brigade

Thomas enters the VR chamber, and loads up one of the battles he saw upon the channel. He gives himself his power pack, a Battlesuit, a laser rifle, the filament tipped drill, and a gauss cannon.
Any particular era? Maybe a nice WWII? Or perhaps early colonization period?

Milno uses the motion tracker to watch the worm's movements under the earth by the amount of the ground being dislocated.

((Edit: I just realized something. Why the hell is Faith fixated on Milno? 3 simulations so far with Milno-bot, one of them with Jim included. That is already getting somewhat strange.

You follow the motions of the worm, keeping up with it as it tunnels through the sand. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Giant quote.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"That looks good. Doesn't need to be pretty."

Exit VR and make the attachment.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Hmmm, actually, I meant 1/5th strength of the regular one and double the strength of the regular one; the tests were about whether an exoskeleton can endure that amount of raw power, or not. Also, I'll take it, I succeeded in updating the research results document.
Actually, piecewise, is it possible for me to update the document each time I finish a design in tinker - by default?))
Discard the 2/5x strength exoskeleton design, and try to build a 2x one. Use advanced materials if needed.
Test the 3-, 4- and 6-circuit-simultaneous-overcharge gauss rifle shots against a battlesuit (with and without the use of AP ammo). See if it is possible to reinforce the coils to withstand such powerful shots with the use of more advanced materials.
Past Sigs

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((What can I say, he's the most iconic Bastard. Probably followed by Jim n Feyri, but they go better as a pair. :3))

A MK III suit is one example.
((Anything cheaper and more specialized? I'm basically just looking for something that could burst someone into melee range.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 2101