_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921457 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Sure. I'll link us up now.

Link Nik's tinker into mine.

Now that I have more normal cybernetics, I can work much easier. Right now, I'm working on a ballistic shield that could be mounted on a suit's outer forearm, like a riot shield. What are you working on?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Pull it out and see if the floor bleeds. If not, stab it with my sword. If that doesn't work, ask my closest team mate, "What now?" using the device.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Improving the pulse rifle design - here, see the schematics - and making more exoskeleton variants. A cheaper one, for starters, and a much stronger one - probably surpassing the strength of an Avatar of War.
Also, glad to hear you're doing that ballistic shield, I've thought of something like that, but apparently I have some misunderstanding of how the armor works. I mean, I sort of found that the ballistic suit is edible! Now, I doubt it, but looks like I'm not able to understand it. Hmmm, perhaps you could help me?
Oh, and there are some interesting features in the exoskeleton and the Mk II suit, but I haven't been able to find out which.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

I'll take a look at that MkII and the exoskeleton in a moment, I have a firing test to perform on the next incarnation of the shield. I found that a plate of the same armor used in Battlesuits only 50mm thick can stop a Gauss Rifle round in its tracks, but it shatters in doing so, so now I'm laminating a 5mm layer of synthflesh between two layers of 50mm Battlesuit armor.

Also, good on ya for a cheaper exoskeleton, that means that more people should be able to use what I design, since so much will have high amounts of strength required.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Sure, no problem. As for the exoskeletons - that was part of the plan. Oh, and the bigger one... you know, for the bigger guns.
Something to level large chunks of fortifications without getting any 'fission assisted suntans'.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

With the two of us here, that won't be too hard to achieve. The MUCH bigger guns are probably going to be coming out of this program by the starship-load pretty soon. There's a lot of interesting ideas that we could make reality in here, though practicality might be an issue.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Yeah, I meant armor that's robotic enough to pop off when it's supposed to and defend perfectly against a horsebound lance, not anything anyone practical would have made.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

'Huh... Is there anything about guns?" Thomas flips through the channel, looking for the future equivalent of the History Channel.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

As for practicality...
... Actually, I have that creeping feeling we're soon getting into a warzone - I mean, real one, like Hexbrax, only not stuff of future history books. Perhaps not the next mission, and I really hope not the one after that. Call it premonition if you want. And there we'll damn need all these toys.
My only hope is that by the time that particular mission assignment comes, we'll have had enough time and tokens to build them. Oh, and that's why I really want to test them at Battle of Hexbrax simulation when they're ready. Something like MEHMRCMS, only with the Honey Badger being on our side, our team being of the whole mission size, and, of course, with the weapons and devices of our choice.

Say, Steve, have there been instances of 'Corps' missions taking place in the middle of a full-blown military event?
Past Sigs

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

(you're slowly being eaten by the door)
[str:2-1] You manage to get yourself completely sucked under the door. Well..this is embarrassing.

((Oh dear  :D))

"Oh man, this is getting me nowhere. Apparently I am not as strong as I used to be." Lukas lay under the door pondering for a while what he might do about this situation. Stopping the simulation would feel like a defeat. Trying to push the door off only makes it worse. "Wait! Maybe my philosophical training will be of use here."

Deny the existence of the door.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:03:56 pm by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You realize you're gonna need a really big "Horse" for using battlesuits. Just letting you know, it's gonna be like a tiny mech riding a "horse" the size of a double decker bus.
((IronyOwl mentioned "Battle armor", but not especifically "Battlesuits".))

Wanna do that by sight or just ask the computer to highlight them?
((Sight. It is not fun if the computer does all the work...Hm..You also gave me an idea.))

After taking a look at the giant worm, Milno checks if he can download a program for his MkIII which can point out weak spots in known structures and enemies and try to do the same to unknown ones after analyzing them for some time using calculations and the images obtained by his cameras.

If there is not one, he get a similar program and tries to adapt it to his purposes.

Such a program actually does exist, using the same threat assessment protocols as you saw earlier. It costs a few tokens and will require you to observe the enemy (and nothing else) for a full turn to work, but it's there.

You take a good long look at the worm. [Intuition: 5] Hmm the worm is coated in heavy carapace and is probably exceedingly tough, both internally and externally, to be able to swim through the sand like that. Physical damage is probably not the best method for attacking; energy weapons or unconventional weapons would be best.

Back up the research results onto my datapad, and make sure it is disconnected after that. Then try to make the computer calculate the average rate of fire of successful single shots (( about how little shoud the recharge time be to be able to shoot at least once in a turn - on average )) based on previous missions data (including missions completed by previous units) or send the request to the research labs, if I know that it is possible.
Make two new exoskeleton designs - of 1/3 and of 2/3 strength of the standart one, check their prices.
See what the battlesuit is made of, in order to be able to cook it properly.

Pausing the simulation to connect the datapad to the terminal, Nikitian saw the other people tinkering.
Ah, the deal!
After returning to the VR, he sent a message to Nekarios:
Nice new legs. Still care to join tinkering efforts, comrade?
That shot thing...yeah fuck me. Not gonna be able to do that.

As per your lower power exoskeletons, they're gonna be reduced by an equal price, ie 1/3 power is 1/3 the price. But you can only wear one at a time. Also, the points are rounded down, if there's an issue of half points.

Pull it out and see if the floor bleeds. If not, stab it with my sword. If that doesn't work, ask my closest team mate, "What now?" using the device.
[str:5] You tear the harpoon out and the fleshy floor beneath you bleeds for a while before clotting.

Double the thickness of the plate, laminate with a layer (5mm thick) of synthflesh between each 50mm of plate, repeat Gauss test.
The gauss round strikes the flesh and dents the layer of armor behind it,but does not pierce through.

(you're slowly being eaten by the door)
[str:2-1] You manage to get yourself completely sucked under the door. Well..this is embarrassing.

((Oh dear  :D))

"Oh man, this is getting me nowhere. Apparently I am not as strong as I used to be." Lukas lay under the door pondering for a while what he might do about this situation. Stopping the simulation would feel like a defeat. Trying to push the door off only makes it worse. "Wait! Maybe my philosophical training will be of use here."

Deny the existence of the door.
[Will:5] You successfully convince yourself the door does not exist. Now you're being crushed by very heavy air.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

'Huh... Is there anything about guns?" Thomas flips through the channel, looking for the future equivalent of the History Channel.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Stab the floor with my pipe.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Punch the wall using my Kinetic Amplifier.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GM: Do the 1/3 and 2/3 exos work by granting the user the equivalent of 5 and 10 str, since the full exo would give the equivalent of 15?))

Milno's eyes narrow. Well, he'll probably die, but it's always worth trying.

Milno picks many (as in around five) extra batteries for the laser rifle and a tesla sabre then plunges into the simulation, flying high above the field to check which one'll work~
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 2101