_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923919 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #855 on: May 13, 2012, 04:07:05 pm »

"Oooooh," Faith said, marveling at the gloves. "I wonder how much these cost...?"

Attempt to test them against non-fighting-back targets, both stationary and trying to avoid me, and both biological and mechanical. Also check price, limitations, any ammo or batteries needed, etc.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 13, 2012, 04:17:10 pm »

((Are you making an antimatter rifle by any chance? o_o))
((You could try asking Steve if those things even exist. Antimatter is pretty difficult to contain and control, but I don't know if in the grim dark future they already have military purposes for it.))
((@IronyOwl: Those gloves sound like the razor-sharp wires of death kind of gloves. I thought about checking on their existence, but I had them discarded because I thought the GM would think the idea to be too goofy for his setting.))

Milno saves his project and decides to check how many blows from his piledriver a kinetic shunt can withstand. After that, he leaves the VR to check the room visually.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:20:07 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #857 on: May 13, 2012, 04:18:31 pm »

((Whoops, I was going to say 'anti-material rifle' but slipped :P))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 13, 2012, 04:23:19 pm »

((Whoops, I was going to say 'anti-material rifle' but slipped :P))
((Anything with a nuclear warhead on it is basically as anti-material as you can get I guess. And if you "don't like fission-assisted suntans" when firing those at shorter ranges, you could settle for a gauss cannon with different ammo. The only problem is that the bigger the gun... The gauss cannon itself is 10 token, plus some more for different ammo. I think there are some types of ammo that do tear human-sized holes on an unprotected human body though. Either that or they simply desintegrate it completely.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 13, 2012, 04:23:46 pm »

((@IronyOwl: Those gloves sound like the razor-sharp wires of death kind of gloves. I thought about checking on their existence, but I had them discarded because I thought the GM would think the idea to be too goofy for his setting.))
((Definitely. Also makes Arbiters even more horrifying, as they apparently have or can have a Puree Crowd ability.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #860 on: May 13, 2012, 04:25:38 pm »

((Anything with a nuclear warhead on it is basically as anti-material as you can get I guess.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Specific kind of antimaterial :P Two stage penetrating rifle-y thing.))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 13, 2012, 04:37:50 pm »

((@Skyrunner: ...Oh. Two-stage ammo. I guess you could fit one of those at a gauss rifle or cannon, although those may actually exist. There are high chances those may actually be among the armory master's "special ammo", but you got her mad.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #862 on: May 13, 2012, 04:53:22 pm »

((What if I had a very small razor as the tip?))
Thomas rolled over, and looks for a sheltered area where he couldn't be shot at.
A very small razor might work.

You roll over and look for someplace sheltered and hidden. There's a large hollow tree a  few meters away, as well as copious bushes to hide in.

((@Skyrunner I just understood my character (as well as Milno and Thomas) might be making just the weapon your character would like to wield. Probably a couple of missions later (with Str pumped back and/or you acquiring the exoskeleton), but still.  :) ))

"Talking voice, you'll make an excellent security manager ... or stalker."

Head off to the mess hall and extract any metal poles or sticks.
You head to the mess hall and find the pile of what used to be benches and start rooting around in them. Sure enough there are metal poles in here of various sizes from 2 to 5 feet and of various sizes and thicknesses.
"Oooooh," Faith said, marveling at the gloves. "I wonder how much these cost...?"

Attempt to test them against non-fighting-back targets, both stationary and trying to avoid me, and both biological and mechanical. Also check price, limitations, any ammo or batteries needed, etc.
You summon up one of the gloves and put it on. It's more of a gauntlet with a control pad embedded in it then anything. You summon up some targets, various degrees of squishy and metal, as well as moving and non-moving. It seems like the gloves fire off a small wad of the fiber first, like a pellet to which the rest of the wire is attached and drawn out. After that most of the movement of the fiber is done via movement of the glove; the fibers seem to amplify the movements they receive, twisting and moving with slight flicks of a wrist or finger. They're not easy to manipulate, taking a great deal of dexterity to get them to move as you like, and even then they're far from twisting, homing threads of death. About the most advanced thing you can do with them is get them to wrap around a target like a bullwhip. Stationary targets are relatively easy, though moving ones can be a real challenge if you misjudge and just end up sweeping air and sending the wires arcing directly back at yourself.

The electrical discharge seems strong enough to knock out organic targets, and very much annoy robotic ones, at least the ones you try. The wires themselves seem like they could probably do damage if you gave them a good tight pull, but no more so then say a normal metal wire.  It seems like the gloves need a battery for the electrical discharge and a solution tank for the wires.

((You could try asking Steve if those things even exist. Antimatter is pretty difficult to contain and control, but I don't know if in the grim dark future they already have military purposes for it.))

Milno saves his project and decides to check how many blows from his piledriver a kinetic shunt can withstand. After that, he leaves the VR to check the room visually.
(There's a guy in a VR machine fight chuck norris and another guy fighting as a cactus against Chinese food. But the wire gloves are just going over the line :P Nah, they're something like that but they're an attempt at making such a thing feel more real and plausible. They're basically just weights with wires attached that you can swing around and wrap around stuff, not the sort of "living" wires of death that you can cause to totally wrap around everything in an instant and slice through flesh and metal without even trying. Think more fishing line with lead weight at the end than magical flying cheese wire of death. The flying cheese wire of death is Bishop's bolo gun :P and it has a very good reason to work as it does.  Even the lethal version of this that the arbiters use isn't the magical living wires, it's just this but with smaller wires to allow the arbiters to slice through using their own great strength, and a stronger electrical discharge.)

You save your project and load up a kinetic shunt, setting it to automatically absorb blows. It withstands exactly 30 blows without any form of damage before it runs out of battery and the 31 first tears a huge whole through it and sends it flying away.

You turn off the vr machine and stand up, looking around. The lady you helped to the infirmary is digging through a pile of  garbage in the corner of the mess hall. Huh.

((Definitely. Also makes Arbiters even more horrifying, as they apparently have or can have a Puree Crowd ability.))
Yeah, arbiters are really quite terrifying things, especially because of a few of their intrinsic properties  that you haven't discovered yet. Their weapons are quite scary too, be it that wire system, their cudgel which is coated in kinetic amplifiers, or any of the other weapons you haven't discovered yet.  And Magistars, at least the ones from more prosperous systems, will have several of these things around.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 13, 2012, 05:02:05 pm »

Punch out of the simulation. Load a new one, with me as a human, fighting other humans scaled to how well I am doing. Have the battleground in a city.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 13, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »

Yeah, arbiters are really quite terrifying things, especially because of a few of their intrinsic properties  that you haven't discovered yet. Their weapons are quite scary too, be it that wire system, their cudgel which is coated in kinetic amplifiers, or any of the other weapons you haven't discovered yet.  And Magistars, at least the ones from more prosperous systems, will have several of these things around.
((...That is why I want to pit the armory master vs one of those. I can't because Milno has not particular reason to do it. He has never heard of Arbiters because he lived in the 90% of his world composed of farms and general lack of technology. And he does not have any wish to see the armory master fight to the death so far because he has not been an idiot near her and he is indifferent towards her. Actually, he does not even know she is that powerful. By the way, I hope you are not very fond of the AM. I really do.))

Milno decides to watch her for any potential idiocy.

While waiting for amusing stupidity to happen, Milno can't help but wonder how strong can these armored suits and shunts get.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:11:10 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #865 on: May 13, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »

Punch out of the simulation. Load a new one, with me as a human, fighting other humans scaled to how well I am doing. Have the battleground in a city.
(awww, no cactus fights? My extensive cactus hand to hand combat system will go unused again)

You switch the simulation to a city street populated with humans armed with laser rifles and gauss rifles. You duck into cover behind a car as they do the same.

((...That is why I want to pit the armory master vs one of those. I can't because Milno has not particular reason to do it. He has never heard of Arbiters because he lived in the 90% of his world composed of farms and general lack of technology. And he does not have any wish to see the armory master fight to the death so far because he has not been an idiot near her and he is indifferent towards her. Actually, he does not even know she is that powerful. By the way, I hope you are not very fond of the AM. I really do.))

Milno decides to watch her for any potential idiocy.

While waiting for amusing stupidity to happen, Milno can't help but wonder how strong can these armored suits and shunts get.
You watch as she begins carefully looking at chunks of metal pipe like a golfer selecting his club.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 13, 2012, 05:20:21 pm »

Pop head up, analyze situation.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 13, 2012, 05:21:00 pm »

((@Skyrunner I just understood my character (as well as Milno and Thomas) might be making just the weapon your character would like to wield. Probably a couple of missions later (with Str pumped back and/or you acquiring the exoskeleton), but still.  :) ))
((Ah, not yet, sorry. I was talking about making a big, big stick to hit the aliens with  :P ))
Then, if that fails, let's try it this way. After all, it was bound to be a spear from the beginning, wasn't it? He smiles.
Make the spike (the pile, actually) 8 feet long, protruding from both front (one or maybe one and a half feet) and back of the machine. Make the head of the spike-pile larger so that it would provide some counterweight to the other end. Add grooves/rails to the pile and the machine, if needed, to stabilize the moving part and make sure it cannot fail out of the machine (something like this: [T]), preferably using maglev system to decrease the friction. Make the swing use most of the end-protruding length of the spike-pile. Bolt the weapon to the exoskeleton forearm.
Test the weapon.
See if it is possible to attach a small single-use sharpened spike head precisely on top of the kinetic amplifier, and what effect would it have on the weapon performance.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 13, 2012, 05:25:33 pm »

((How big is my Piledriver weapon by the way?
Edit: I guess ranged fire really is the way to take down a shunt, specially the modified ones.))

Milno decides to check if his armor has any proximity sensors to alarm him if anyone gets close or makes a sudden movement in the room when he gets plugged to the VR. He also checks his suit for the possiblity of creating a new setting to steady the aim of weapons.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:36:49 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #869 on: May 13, 2012, 05:41:23 pm »

Pop head up, analyze situation.
It looks like there are 4 guys out there, each hiding behind a separate car. You're in the middle of road littered with driverless cars. To the left of you is an open parking lot, to the right is an office building.

((How big is my Piledriver weapon by the way?))

Milno decides to check if his armor has any proximity sensors to alarm him if anyone gets close or makes a sudden movement in the room when he gets plugged to the VR. He also checks his suit for the possiblity of creating a new setting to steady the aim of weapons.
Your suit doesn't seem to have any sort of proximity sensors or alarm. It seems like it would be very possible to lock your exoskeleton in place to hold your aim steady, but as far as forcing the system to simply keep your aim steady while moving, that would probably require a whole new program and calibration of the system to use it.

(Your weapon, retracted, is about 2 1/2 foot long, with a 2 foot spike. It attaches on your forearm and extends beyond it past your elbow. )

((Ah, not yet, sorry. I was talking about making a big, big stick to hit the aliens with  :P ))
Then, if that fails, let's try it this way. After all, it was bound to be a spear from the beginning, wasn't it? He smiles.
Make the spike (the pile, actually) 8 feet long, protruding from both front (one or maybe one and a half feet) and back of the machine. Make the head of the spike-pile larger so that it would provide some counterweight to the other end. Add grooves/rails to the pile and the machine, if needed, to stabilize the moving part and make sure it cannot fail out of the machine (something like this: [T]), preferably using maglev system to decrease the friction. Make the swing use most of the end-protruding length of the spike-pile. Bolt the weapon to the exoskeleton forearm.
Test the weapon.
See if it is possible to attach a small single-use sharpened spike head precisely on top of the kinetic amplifier, and what effect would it have on the weapon performance.

so you basically want to take the thing you have, fit it with a giant pole instead, with most of that pole coming out the back until you use it, at which point it shoots out like a spear?

As per a single use tip, what would happen that the thing would hit and then push the spike forward with all the force of the kinetic amplifier. Ie you could just extend the weapon quickly and fire the tip off or attempt to use it to pierce armor like a chisel and embed it there. Although the force will probably pretty much destroy the spike too. 
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 2101