_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924388 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #840 on: May 13, 2012, 06:40:46 am »

and insulting others is always bad.
((I do not agree. :P))
((I should really define 'insult'.

Replace 'others' with Armory Master. I have no clue on Steve. Snark seems like a barrier for me.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 13, 2012, 06:43:35 am »

((About how long is the pistol now and how much is it too long to be a pistol? Can it be used single-handedly with relative ease now?
Also, you mean the spike's outer part length is now 2 feet, or total? Also, how much of it is inside the weapon? And how taller does a person get inside the exoskeleton?))
Try using a more powerful mechanism of driving the spike, increasing the frequency of the swings as well as increasing the length of the inner part of the spike up to three feet, making it, in total, about 5 feet long (2 feet protruding from the outside and 3 feet hidden inside). Also, see to it that the weapon can be rather easily (under a minute or half much so) unmounted and attached to the back of the exoskeleton/Mk III Suit/Battlesuit (vertically, just beside the power generator backpack) via use of some clamps pre-installed there.

EDIT:

Replace 'others' with Armory Master. I have no clue on Steve. Snark seems like a barrier for me.))
((Seems to me that 'boringness' might be able to surpass his barriers - as well as 'stupidity endangering the outcome of the mission'. ))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:50:01 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 13, 2012, 07:01:03 am »

((Man, now I see why Milno hates her. :P))
((Nah, Milno does not particularly hate her. I don't remember any instance where she was an ass to him, so he is at best indifferent.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #843 on: May 13, 2012, 08:31:29 am »

"Hello, talking voice? Are you always watching? ... Anyways, do you know where I could go find some worker class steel girders or poles to liberate for the GLORIOUS REVOLUTION aka being used as a weapon?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 13, 2012, 08:33:58 am »

"Hello, talking voice? Are you always watching? ... Anyways, do you know where I could go find some worker class steel girders or poles to liberate for the GLORIOUS REVOLUTION aka being used as a weapon?"
((So far the only use I imagine for those is beating the unarmored people in the ship senseless. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #845 on: May 13, 2012, 08:36:46 am »

((So far the only use I imagine for those is beating the unarmored people in the ship senseless. :P))

((Blunt weapons are relatively effective against armor! D:))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 13, 2012, 09:28:00 am »

((That was back when armor was a thin layer of metal, not thick plates of hardened ballistic steel.))

Dissasemble Laser Rifle.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #847 on: May 13, 2012, 09:33:08 am »

((That was back when armor was a thin layer of metal, not thick plates of hardened ballistic steel.))

Dissasemble Laser Rifle.
((What exactly makes up armor? As long as it's not as heavy as a full-blown mech, I could knock them around; hopefully my teammates would help me. And anyways, it's better than being unarmed >.>))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:06 am »

((Okay. I didn't think you'd let me rebuild it, but I might as well ask, no harm in that))

Store the P RGH-KP Rifle somewhere where it'll be safe, then enter VR Tinker and modify the VREX RGH-KP Rifle to match the P parameters and see how seriously they affect performance.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 13, 2012, 12:22:22 pm »

Thomas looked through the trunks, searching for The End, looking for large masses of moss and parrots.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 13, 2012, 12:53:43 pm »

((@Skyrunner I just understood my character (as well as Milno and Thomas) might be making just the weapon your character would like to wield. Probably a couple of missions later (with Str pumped back and/or you acquiring the exoskeleton), but still.  :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 13, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »

((This is what I imagined as the tip. the center holds the filament out as the tip, and the brackets that hold it to the drill are at the bottom.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #852 on: May 13, 2012, 03:57:58 pm »

A random scenario. And use the blueprint.
You chose random.

The simulator buzzes for a moment and then shows a loading symbol. The world loads and you are a 7 foot tall cactus with the laser rifle jammed in your branches fighting against a sentient bowl of chow mein noodles on the dark side of Europa. Huh.

Examine shock gauntlets.

Also see if the computer can simulate various living things, robots, etc, and if so what sort of library it has and how well it can emulate their behavior.

You call up the "Crowd-wire" gloves. They aren't so much shock gauntlets as...well, thats hard to say. Each finger of the gloves has a tiny microfiber smartwire assembler in it that allow the wielder to almost instantly produce massive quantities of very strong, conductive, nearly invisible wire that moves according to his will. Once this wire has been wrapped around it's target a battery in the gloves pumps in disabling levels of electricity. The wire itself can be severed or even completely dissolved at any time. 

Apparently this system is a less lethal version adopted from an exceedingly lethal version used by Arbiters for the purposes of crowd control.

As per targets, the system appears to be able to pull up pretty much any known entity and simulate it with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Catch myself from falling, redirect the momentum to roll on top of Norris, and bite him in the neck.
[dex:6]
You catch yourself and then instantly hurl yourself forward, tackling Chuck and tangling together with him, rolling together till you finally stop, with him on top. You ignore this and attempt to bite him in the neck.
[dex:5]
[strength:6]
You clamp your teeth down on his windpipe and bite down with enough force to tear a horrible, gurgling chuck right out, chipping a tooth in the process. Chuck falls back, bleeding and gasping for a few moments and then lies still.

"YOU WIN"

Out of curiosity, why are you doing this 2 amp thing when the result is going to be the same because you have to lower the force so you don't end up blowing the crap out of yourself?
((I was trying to achieve a result close to the one using the gauss cannon magnetic system but without the spike being flung off the weapon. I thought something alike would happen, so I figured two amps could focus the strength in a point small enough on the enemy instead of part of the energy being used to destroy the weapon.))

Milno checks for the price of the piledriver's setting that damaged the battlesuit without making him somersault (common system+amp) and tries to hit first an arm joint of a battlesuit and then attack with an angle coming from the top and entering through any weak spot from the head/neck towards the center of the suit with said weapon. Afterwards, he tests the tesla sabre for the matter of comparison.
Finally, he uses the magnet to get the weapon to glue on a battlesuit and releases his arm, leaving the piledriver there and checking how much time it takes for the pummeling to break through all the armor plates.

((@GM: Could these tests be based on a [Dex:5] and [Unconventional:3+2] or higher roll if those are not that way already? Though I am already satisfied with the "pretty good" damage against the battlesuit.))
(In the tinker simulation all tests are considered to be best possible situation for you, basically rolling 5's all the time. It's so you can see what the limits of the weapon are while not being blinding by your own incompetence :P To get a better idea of how you'll handle them in real combat you'll have to use duel)

The standard one with an amp will cost like 5-6 token I believe it was. Kinetic amps are 3 token, and the machine is a simple one so like 2-3 token.

Hitting the arm joint of the battle suit is effective enough to disable it in one blow, but the circular shape of the arm means you need to try twice more before you finally hit it straight on and pierce a hole straight through. As per the "Head", the battle suit doesn't really have a head or neck. Think something more like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46pP0bC2x0 (starts at 7:30)
or the mech thing from district 9.

They're not like warhammer power armor, they're really what amount to small mechs. The actual body of the pilot resides entirely within the torso of the machine, the arms and legs are fully robotic. And that torso is basically a giant metal tomb designed to protect the pilot from practically anything. You attach the piledriver to the front of the torso and set it to pound away. After only 2 blows the outer layer of armor cracks and falls away, the piledriver falling off with it.

The tesla sabre as no effect on the Battle suit, at least not an undamaged one. Probably shielded and insulated against electricity.

((About how long is the pistol now and how much is it too long to be a pistol? Can it be used single-handedly with relative ease now?
Also, you mean the spike's outer part length is now 2 feet, or total? Also, how much of it is inside the weapon? And how taller does a person get inside the exoskeleton?))
Try using a more powerful mechanism of driving the spike, increasing the frequency of the swings as well as increasing the length of the inner part of the spike up to three feet, making it, in total, about 5 feet long (2 feet protruding from the outside and 3 feet hidden inside). Also, see to it that the weapon can be rather easily (under a minute or half much so) unmounted and attached to the back of the exoskeleton/Mk III Suit/Battlesuit (vertically, just beside the power generator backpack) via use of some clamps pre-installed there.

EDIT:

((Seems to me that 'boringness' might be able to surpass his barriers - as well as 'stupidity endangering the outcome of the mission'. ))

It can still be used as a pistol but we're reaching rather large, like a foot and a half barrel. Any much larger and you're going to get a -1 to trying to use it one handed. But thats just a handling thing, not a weight  thing.

The spike is about 1 1/2 to 2 feet long fully extended, and machine itself is a bit longer (say 6 or so inches more) since it holds the entire spike within it when totally retracted. Exoskeleton doesn't really make you any taller, well, maybe a few inches, but nothing really noticeable.

As per making the internal part of the spike longer, that will increase force a bit since the mechanism as more to push on, but it means no retracting of the spike, which means having the spike extended at all times, which means you will have a harder time using weapons because the spike gets in the way.

As per unmounting relatively quickly, clamps may not be the best way to go. Clamps are good but they have a tendency to slip and slide if too much force is applied to them. Now, if you just want the spike to be relatively fast to remove, as opposed to Milno's instant removal, it may be easier to do something like this: Have a mounting position for the spike permanently attached to the armor, then have the spike actually mounted to this using 4-6 large bolts. With a custom tool for unbolting these quickly, you can make the weapon detachable but still hardmounted to the armor. For attaching it to the back of the suit, some electromagnetic mounts might work, since they don't need to be as strong.

>Always. As per a big hunk of something to beat people with, check the mess hall. There was a fight in there recently and some of the tables got smashed. The remains of the tables are still being dumped so there's a pile of debris in one corner of the room. You might be able to find something in that.

Dissasemble Laser Rifle.
[Handiwork:6] You break down the laser rifle into it's component parts and spread them out on the table. You don't notice one of the focusing chambers rolling until it's already fallen off the table and broken in half. Damn it.

((Okay. I didn't think you'd let me rebuild it, but I might as well ask, no harm in that))

Store the P RGH-KP Rifle somewhere where it'll be safe, then enter VR Tinker and modify the VREX RGH-KP Rifle to match the P parameters and see how seriously they affect performance.
You carry your new rifle to your locker and lock it up tight before heading back to the VR machines and entering tinker. You call up your rifle design, copy it and then edit the copy to contain the same flaws that the prototype does.

Thomas looked through the trunks, searching for The End, looking for large masses of moss and parrots.
You look around with the naked eye, carefully scanning the trees, the high ground, and any good sniper nest. You can't see anything.

((This is what I imagined as the tip. the center holds the filament out as the tip, and the brackets that hold it to the drill are at the bottom.))
Ah, well, the problem with that is that the spike holding the filament out like that would just be cut by it or cause the filament to break. The filaments can only be held between two points in a straight line.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 13, 2012, 04:00:10 pm »

((What if I had a very small razor as the tip?))
Thomas rolled over, and looks for a sheltered area where he couldn't be shot at.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #854 on: May 13, 2012, 04:01:41 pm »

((@Skyrunner I just understood my character (as well as Milno and Thomas) might be making just the weapon your character would like to wield. Probably a couple of missions later (with Str pumped back and/or you acquiring the exoskeleton), but still.  :) ))

((Are you making an antimatter rifle by any chance? o_o))

"Talking voice, you'll make an excellent security manager ... or stalker."

Head off to the mess hall and extract any metal poles or sticks.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 2101