_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931196 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #705 on: May 11, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »

Too bad I don't personally meet that strength requirement, but I'll bet most of the team does.))
((Most does not. Feyri, Empyrean, Ivan and maybe one or two more people can "carry and use it well", Empyrean can use the "normal overcharge" and no one I've seen can use the "super overcharge". People with MkIII can use it just fine, though, which would mean Milno and Mason. Mason is a fleshtech with -1 to conventional weapon rolls, though.

If I am wrong, blame the obsolete sheets.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:34:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 11, 2012, 03:33:58 pm »

Too bad I don't personally meet that strength requirement, but I'll bet most of the team does.))
((Most does not. Feyri, Empyrean and maybe one or two more people can "carry and use it well", Empyrean can use the "normal overcharge" and no one I've seen can use the "super overcharge". People with MkIII can use it just fine, though, which would mean Milno and Mason. Mason is a fleshtech with -1 to conventional weapon rolls, though.))

((Almost nobody came in with 5 or more Strength?  :o

Thank goodness for MkIII suits and Exoskeletons, and possibly a synthflesh arm or two.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #707 on: May 11, 2012, 04:19:22 pm »

Restart battle. Use Microwave Amplifier on the Arbiters face.
[uncon:3]
[dex:1]
(amps and field manipulators are not the same thing :P)
You open the cover on your field manipulator and begin to type. The Arbiter doesn't so much move as flicker, existing first in one place and then, seemingly without any transition, existing in another. It covers the 40 paces between you before you can even realize it's moving and plunges one long, taloned finger directly into your heart and out through the back of your suit. You have just long enough to gurgle in surprise before it's great club strikes you in the head in everything goes black.

"Huh... Mr. Person Whose Name I Know Not, is this weapon heavy to you in any definition of that word? You know, as in 'lots of mass', 'much weight', 'hurts when smashed on, for random example, peoples' heads'... No? Then I'll have to retu- whoops."

Using the box like a spear-thrower, fling the contents into a non-inhabited, non-door-having corner of the armory while theatrically stumbling. If the bags don't open, accidentally fling sharp things into them.

"Oops, I accidentally tripped over μms of dust and let go of my light weapon! Oh dear."
[dex:1] You attempt to hurl the box of garbage back into the armory while faking a trip. What you actually end up doing is tripping for real and hurling several sacks of half rotten garbage directly at the armory master. The bags seem to break over her and spill their contents down across her, but oddly they seem to just slough off like she's coated in Teflon.

She smiles at you.

>You have made a mistake.

Sharp tip, blunt end, maybe? Then maybe the end can have a thorn(fish hook) like pieces around the sharp end. Goes in deep and latches itself there.
the only issue I can think of is aerodynamics, which could cut it into a close range gun. I would personally prefer it closer to the mid range so I can have time to switch from the gun to a Tesla Ark or to the Tesla Saber.

I feel so passed over.
Sorry. A big hook or some sort of reverse grappling hook might work, though you'll probably have to calibrate the force so you don't end up just tearing an even bigger, more horrible hole through people.

((Actually, I was looking for a giant, kinetic amplifier-tipped jackhammer. Also, as far as I understood from the sources on the net (wikipedia article mainly), it's not vibration that causes destruction, it's the series of repeated heavy blows, which can be perfectly kinetically amplified.))
Estimate how thin can the bit of the hammer (or its tip) get without breaking, aim for something about the thickness of a pencil (or a few times that much).

((Also
You modify a copy of the extended rifle, removing the focusing chambers 5-3, and switching the rifle grip and stock for a pistol grip. It seems relatively light (Strength 2).
You mean, that way only focusing chambers one and two remain? With the diffusion lower limit being 7 (or, since you reversed the order, 'concentration' upper limit being 4)?
One more thing: the 1-gen/capas pulse laser being at 4 tokens, while the base laser rifle being at 2 tokens (with the battery, however), does it mean that a single generator with a bank of capacitors attached amounts to 2 tokens? Or what?))
(yeah, it's 2 for the laser, 2 for the generator and capacitor thing. Really it would be like 3 1/2 or something but I'm rounding up. With the sawn off thing it would be the 2 first focusing chambers and 4 levels of diffusion, with the most concentrated setting being only 40% of what a rifle could do.)
As per the tip of that thing, it could only be as sharp as the kinetic amplifier plate, so postage stamp size. And yeah, I realize it's not "Vibration" in so much as very short but powerful blows at high speed, basically forceful oscillation, but I figured you'd want the retracting and shooting forward sort of thing so you're not walking around with a big metal spike sticking out of your forearm all day.

The last prototype you paid for... No matter. I could probably use it, although I'm not much of a conventional weapons user. I might end up shooting one of the team on accident, though I suspect that that isn't all too uncommon. However, I should be able to use it to some effect if needs be, it's not a cannon that will rip a normal person's arms off, just an automatic version of a rocket rifle that's better at short ranges. Probably shouldn't be too much recoil on it, I didn't see anything about massive recoil on the rocket rifle, adding a Gauss component is unlikely to affect that.

Also, I fail to see how the fact that the last prototype person ignored quarantine with his data transmissions would really influence this.

>Oh, 6 for the rocket rifle, 2 for the gauss parts, 3 for the circuits. Ammo will have to be either custom made or custom ordered, which isn't terribly cheap. 15 total with a full magazine. Strength 5 to carry  and use it well, 7 for the recoil of a normal overcharge, 11 for super overcharge.
So there's the strength things. Remember that the super over charge is the equivalent of firing 3 Gauss rifles at once.

>It influences things because I'm beginning to believe that some of you should not be trusted with anything more dangerous then string. First, show me you can even use it or find someone who can.

Milno giggles a bit at the contents of the box and at Empyrean's reaction. She should have seen it coming.
"I guess I'll take the gauss rifle, the medium range kit and the power tools. Can I also get that video on weaponry?"

Milno watches the outcome of Armory MastervsEmpyrean, pays the 5 tokens for the equipment, gets the video, leaves it with Ivan and heads to the rec room.
"Here, you won't need crafty whores with this."

((@PyroDesu: Actually the GM mentioned high strength requirements, specially when using the "overcharged" burst-fire shot (around 15 or 16). And Steve's reasoning is usually that way.))
You buy the medium range kit and rent out the weapon video before gigantor hurls rotten garbage all over the Armory master. You hand the video to Ivan and smile, waiting to see what happens.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 11, 2012, 04:25:58 pm »

Thomas attempts to edit the amp on the drills tip to make it cone shaped. Afterwards, he creates a cylinder that when powered flows energy through the air inside of it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:52:24 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 11, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

I've shown that I can use it with a bit of support in the Sim, seeing as I'm not all that strong. I could probably find someone who doesn't need the support to come into the sim, or someone who already has the equipment to use it in reality and uses the same in-sim.

Also, I love how one person who doesn't have the brains to know not to break quarantine, even with data packets, makes you think that we would all make such a mistake.

The only reason I'm even asking for a prototype in reality is to show the others that it's actually worth something in a situation they would be in on a mission before they waste 15 tokens buying the thing. I could do so in-sim, but reality would be much-preferred because then they know it works for real.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:41:07 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 11, 2012, 04:45:42 pm »

Enter in new scenario.

Equipment: MKI Suit, Microwave Field Manipulator, Kinetic Amplifier

Enemy: Elisaz Colton Roxine

Enemy Equipment: MKI Suit, Microwave Field Manipulator, Kinetic Amplifier

Position: 20 paces apart in each direction.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 11, 2012, 04:46:03 pm »

(I guess Sky is joining me and Zomara in robot land? >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 11, 2012, 04:47:16 pm »

Milno crosses his hands under his chin and keeps watching, making sure his helmet camera is recording everything.
"You know, the newcomer got guts. It is a pity there is a chance the armory master will rip them off and strangle her with them."

Milno watches nonchalantly while searching for places to safely store the kit and his tools on his suit, then slings and locks the gauss rifle on his back.

((@TCM: Your enemy will try to rape you.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 11, 2012, 04:53:01 pm »

"So what ideas have you folks had?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 11, 2012, 04:53:57 pm »

(I don't think that's possible since that's probably the result Elisaz wants out of this scenario, if you know what I mean. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 11, 2012, 05:09:28 pm »

Sharp tip, blunt end, maybe? Then maybe the end can have a thorn(fish hook) like pieces around the sharp end. Goes in deep and latches itself there.
the only issue I can think of is aerodynamics, which could cut it into a close range gun. I would personally prefer it closer to the mid range so I can have time to switch from the gun to a Tesla Ark or to the Tesla Saber.

I feel so passed over.
Sorry. A big hook or some sort of reverse grappling hook might work, though you'll probably have to calibrate the force so you don't end up just tearing an even bigger, more horrible hole through people.

Sure. That will work. Though I like the bigger holes.

try to produce the now agreed upon concept of the gun in his head from a Gauss rifle, editing the bullets mainly. If the force of the new bullet is to high for it to stick into the target without partially sticking out of it, see if he can lower the guns power.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #716 on: May 11, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »

(waits to happen to what see next.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 11, 2012, 05:18:16 pm »

((Now I totally want to attempt messing with Arbiters. Will have to do that when I find out about them.))

Faith blinked, breaking her half-lidded stare at the wall. It had occurred to her that VR and weapons requisitions would still probably be fairly restful.

Accordingly, she calmly walked over to the armory master.

"Anything nonlethal?" she asked. "Tranq guns, stun rods, disabling field manipulators...?"
I'm not sure if this is the best or worst time for me to be doing this. I guess reminding the armory master that nonlethal weapons exist and some people might want to use them could be beneficial right now.

Ask armory master about nonlethal weapons.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #718 on: May 11, 2012, 05:31:16 pm »

Thomas attempts to edit the amp on the drills tip to make it cone shaped. Afterwards, he creates a cylinder that when powered flows energy through the air inside of it.
You attempt to edit the Kinetic amp but the simulation suddenly gives you an error. Hmm.

What kind of energy would you like to have in that cylinder? Electrical? Kinetic? Heat? light?

I've shown that I can use it with a bit of support in the Sim, seeing as I'm not all that strong. I could probably find someone who doesn't need the support to come into the sim, or someone who already has the equipment to use it in reality and uses the same in-sim.

Also, I love how one person who doesn't have the brains to know not to break quarantine, even with data packets, makes you think that we would all make such a mistake.

The only reason I'm even asking for a prototype in reality is to show the others that it's actually worth something in a situation they would be in on a mission before they waste 15 tokens buying the thing. I could do so in-sim, but reality would be much-preferred because then they know it works for real.

>Persistent aren't you? Fine, I'll fund the creation of a prototype, it's up to you to make it and find someone to use it to demonstrate that it really works in reality though.

Enter in new scenario.

Equipment: MKI Suit, Microwave Field Manipulator, Kinetic Amplifier

Enemy: Elisaz Colton Roxine

Enemy Equipment: MKI Suit, Microwave Field Manipulator, Kinetic Amplifier

Position: 20 paces apart in each direction.
You're placed in a field with your doppleganger. He flips his field manipulator open.

Milno crosses his hands under his chin and keeps watching, making sure his helmet camera is recording everything.
"You know, the newcomer got guts. It is a pity there is a chance the armory master will rip them off and strangle her with them."

Milno watches nonchalantly while searching for places to safely store the kit and his tools on his suit, then slings and locks the gauss rifle on his back.

You all have an implied bag/backpack thing to hold your inventory. Mainly because I don't care enough to micromanage carry weights and bags and stuff. There's actually a lot of implied things you have, like sample containers and your wristpad.

I feel so passed over.

Sure. That will work. Though I like the bigger holes.

try to produce the now agreed upon concept of the gun in his head from a Gauss rifle, editing the bullets mainly. If the force of the new bullet is to high for it to stick into the target without partially sticking out of it, see if he can lower the guns power.
OK so here's the idea that I or ahem, the computer has for how this would work. Basically a spike with what amounts to a reverse grappling hook on the end that will function both to stop the spike in the target as well as to act as "Fins" to stabilize the bolt like an arrow. Then for the actual "lightning rod part" a thin, telescoping pole will come out of the rear end of the bolt after it has stopped.

Sound good? Because that would basically amount to just a very complex type of ammo, rather then a new weapon.

(waits to happen to what see next.)
The armory master leans on her counter, idly toying with a bit of the garbage you threw at her.

"You pride yourself on that strength of yours, don't you?" she says as the garbage spontaneously begins to burn.

((Now I totally want to attempt messing with Arbiters. Will have to do that when I find out about them.))

Faith blinked, breaking her half-lidded stare at the wall. It had occurred to her that VR and weapons requisitions would still probably be fairly restful.

Accordingly, she calmly walked over to the armory master.

"Anything nonlethal?" she asked. "Tranq guns, stun rods, disabling field manipulators...?"
I'm not sure if this is the best or worst time for me to be doing this. I guess reminding the armory master that nonlethal weapons exist and some people might want to use them could be beneficial right now.

Ask armory master about nonlethal weapons.
The armory master seems a bit...busy at the moment. Even in your stupor you can tell that poking her might not be a good idea right now.

"Faith, please report to the infirmary" The intercom buzzes, "Faith, please report to the infirmary."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:33:18 pm by piecewise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 11, 2012, 05:33:22 pm »

Report to the infirmary.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 2101