_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931208 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #690 on: May 11, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »

((Which base is PyroDesu using? Is it a rifle or a cannon? Just in case I decide to design something myself and use the weapon I am about to buy.))

((Two bases, Gauss Rifle coils on Rocket Rifle. Although, a good bit has been reworked to make it bullpup.))

Exit simulation back into Tinker, then ping Steve:

I'm sure you saw that. Good enough to make a physical prototype?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #691 on: May 11, 2012, 02:06:50 pm »

((Which base is PyroDesu using? Is it a rifle or a cannon? Just in case I decide to design something myself and use the weapon I am about to buy.))

His base weapon is the rocket rifle, with gauss parts thrown in.

"Steve? How much would a focusing chamber for a laser rifle be?"
>That would depend on how large they are. In your case, with those 3, say 2 or 3 tokens.

"So...what does this thing do, and what's it named?"

Empyrean opened the box and looked.
You open the box. Inside are several clear plastic bags of partially rotten food. A yellow sticky note is affixed to the central bag, bearing the words "Fuck you". Huh.

((Two bases, Gauss Rifle coils on Rocket Rifle. Although, a good bit has been reworked to make it bullpup.))

Exit simulation back into Tinker, then ping Steve:

I'm sure you saw that. Good enough to make a physical prototype?

>The last prototype I paid for is being lugged around by an idiot who nearly infected me with corrupt data. Not to mention neither he or any of the people he's with can actually use it. Can you use this weapon?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:19 pm »

Restart battle. Use Microwave Amplifier on the Arbiters face.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #693 on: May 11, 2012, 02:22:22 pm »

"Huh... Mr. Person Whose Name I Know Not, is this weapon heavy to you in any definition of that word? You know, as in 'lots of mass', 'much weight', 'hurts when smashed on, for random example, peoples' heads'... No? Then I'll have to retu- whoops."

Using the box like a spear-thrower, fling the contents into a non-inhabited, non-door-having corner of the armory while theatrically stumbling. If the bags don't open, accidentally fling sharp things into them.

"Oops, I accidentally tripped over μms of dust and let go of my light weapon! Oh dear."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:29:01 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 11, 2012, 02:23:44 pm »

((Now I totally want to attempt messing with Arbiters. Will have to do that when I find out about them.))

Faith blinked, breaking her half-lidded stare at the wall. It had occurred to her that VR and weapons requisitions would still probably be fairly restful.

Accordingly, she calmly walked over to the armory master.

"Anything nonlethal?" she asked. "Tranq guns, stun rods, disabling field manipulators...?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 11, 2012, 02:24:26 pm »

Sharp tip, blunt end, maybe? Then maybe the end can have a thorn(fish hook) like pieces around the sharp end. Goes in deep and latches itself there.
the only issue I can think of is aerodynamics, which could cut it into a close range gun. I would personally prefer it closer to the mid range so I can have time to switch from the gun to a Tesla Ark or to the Tesla Saber.

I feel so passed over.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 11, 2012, 02:24:52 pm »

(Sky, you do know fucking around with the Armory Master is a VERY BAD IDEA, right? Are you trying to get killed before even making five posts in the thread? :()
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #697 on: May 11, 2012, 02:27:08 pm »

((No, I don't know. o_O I just jumped into the middle of the thread.))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 11, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »

((Actually, I was looking for a giant, kinetic amplifier-tipped jackhammer. Also, as far as I understood from the sources on the net (wikipedia article mainly), it's not vibration that causes destruction, it's the series of repeated heavy blows, which can be perfectly kinetically amplified.))
Estimate how thin can the bit of the hammer (or its tip) get without breaking, aim for something about the thickness of a pencil (or a few times that much).

((Also
You modify a copy of the extended rifle, removing the focusing chambers 5-3, and switching the rifle grip and stock for a pistol grip. It seems relatively light (Strength 2).
You mean, that way only focusing chambers one and two remain? With the diffusion lower limit being 7 (or, since you reversed the order, 'concentration' upper limit being 4)?
One more thing: the 1-gen/capas pulse laser being at 4 tokens, while the base laser rifle being at 2 tokens (with the battery, however), does it mean that a single generator with a bank of capacitors attached amounts to 2 tokens? Or what?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 11, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »

(Oh. Well, a little while back in this thread Feyri/Tiruin tried battling her in the VR and got squashed three times without even putting a scratch on her. She's also kind of a bitch, so she'd probably injure or kill you for annoying her. ^^^; She apparently has been on three tours with HMRC and made it through 27 without a scratch; for reference, I got almost completely obliterated in my first mission so now I have a robot body, Caellath lost an arm on his first mission and a leg on his second, and Zomara's character is just a head and an arm on a cyborg body.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 11, 2012, 02:42:14 pm »

The last prototype you paid for... No matter. I could probably use it, although I'm not much of a conventional weapons user. I might end up shooting one of the team on accident, though I suspect that that isn't all too uncommon. However, I should be able to use it to some effect if needs be, it's not a cannon that will rip a normal person's arms off, just an automatic version of a rocket rifle that's better at short ranges. Probably shouldn't be too much recoil on it, I didn't see anything about massive recoil on the rocket rifle, adding a Gauss component is unlikely to affect that.

Also, I fail to see how the fact that the last prototype person ignored quarantine with his data transmissions would really influence this.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:44:45 pm by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 11, 2012, 02:48:28 pm »

Milno giggles a bit at the contents of the box and at Empyrean's reaction. She should have seen it coming.
"I guess I'll take the gauss rifle, the medium range kit and the power tools. Can I also get that video on weaponry?"

Milno watches the outcome of Armory MastervsEmpyrean, pays the 5 tokens for the equipment, gets the video, leaves it with Ivan and heads to the rec room.
"Here, you won't need crafty whores with this."

((@PyroDesu: Actually the GM mentioned high strength requirements, specially when using the "overcharged" burst-fire shot (around 15 or 16). And Steve's reasoning is usually that way.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:12:17 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 11, 2012, 03:16:47 pm »

((Hang on, I'll check. I know I asked about recoil and such several times, but I'm not sure if I got an answer.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 11, 2012, 03:22:18 pm »

Strength 5 to carry  and use it well, 7 for the recoil of a normal overcharge, 11 for super overcharge.
((Found it, not so bad at all, it seems. At least I guess this was the last one.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 11, 2012, 03:26:48 pm »

Strength 5 to carry  and use it well, 7 for the recoil of a normal overcharge, 11 for super overcharge.
((Found it, not so bad at all, it seems. At least I guess this was the last one.))

((That's actually not that bad, especially for a weapon that can crack some of the stronger stuff with just a burst, to say nothing of the overcharges.

Too bad I don't personally meet that strength requirement, but I'll bet most of the team does.))
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 2101