_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934747 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6585 on: September 04, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »

((You don't have to have a colour. :P Do what you want.
Also, welcome aboard!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6586 on: September 04, 2012, 09:07:54 pm »

((If you are really stuck for a colour, then try having a standard colour and using a different font or italics when using it to make it stand out like Maurice, who is the only useful player controlled doctor among us by the way, does.

Also, welcome! WELCOME TO HELL! :D))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6587 on: September 04, 2012, 11:30:43 pm »

((Wait, so how old is our gear?))
Objectively, some is pushing 900 years.

"Well, programming isn't my forte, but it sounds simple enough.  I'll see what I can do."
Review Timmy's system, try and write the program according to his specs.
"As for the name... I dunno.  The Hand of God?  The Hand Of Fate, maybe?  Manos McGrabby?  I'll get back to you on that one."
Think up a good name.

The tinker lock on manipulators appears to include their software, so you're not really sure what to do.

Updates the battery system specs.

"600 TPU at 20 TPU per second should be sufficient to power the sentry's systems for an extended period."

Begin working on an automated system to cycle fresh ammo battery's into the rifle as required and looks into designing a rechargeable ammo battery for the rifle
Well, the easiest system would probably be just having a single large battery rather then lots of small ones and some sort of complex system for switching them out.

'Curious, why would they lock us out of modifying the manipulators? Need to get to the bottom of this.'

Attempt to override the VR's lock on the manipulators. Ponder to self how to make the manipulators thought-activated. Failing that, think how one could circumvent the need for manual input of the math.

After this, use a microwave manipulator to heat up an orb, a foot in diameter, 1 meter away, to 200°C.
Then repeat test, but this time use suit's computer to help with calculations (use camera on suit to read equations, then let suit's computer do the math).

[Aux:3+1]
You manage to get around the VR's lock and get access to what it has in the schem files for the Manipulators. Your excitement turns to disappointment when you find that the VR actually has no records or data about what is actually in the manipulator, just a file to mark it as restricted. And that disappointment turns to dread when a pop up blinks onto the center of the screen with the following text:

"Warning: Attempting to access, modify. sabotage, alter or in any other way effect the internal structure of a Field manipulator or Psychokinetic Amp is considered a Class A Capital Offense. Please stand by."

You add the laser designator and the reticule for using it easily enough and try to program the weapon to follow it.
[aux:1+1]
But you can't quite figure out how to link the two systems up as you imagined.
Review your notes and talk yourself through the procedure once more. Perhaps there's something you're missing here. Consult the nearest onboard mechanic (PC, NPC, whatever) for a second opinion on programming. Do not tell him what the program is for. Access Tinker program's memory for a suitable tracking program if your own efforts prove to be fruitless.
[aux:3+1]
You create a program that seems to follow your directions with the laser pointer quite well. The only issue is that it has a bit of a delay, taking a second or two to align to the target.
"Somehow, I'm not that surprised. Hopefully he doesn't completely maim me. Wish me luck."

Bishop promptly leaves for medical.

Go find the doctor and ask if he teaches people how to kill things with your bare hands.
The Doctor is quiet for a few moments after you ask him, a thin jet of cloudy gas escaping his respirator as he stares off into the middle distance.

"Yes. I believe I can still teach that. Bare hands only?"

((Sheet!
Spoiler: Denzel Gaunt (click to show/hide)
))
At this rate the upcoming mission is going to be nothing but completely new players.

Oh dear.

Welcome aboard~

Denzel stumbled aboard the ship, shaking his head to clear out the cobwebs. He looked around the area- there was a small sign nearby, so he looked over. Seeing the way to the locker room, he started walking and... Ran into someone vaguely resembling a doctor. "Uh, ... I'm kind of new to the ship ... do you know where I go?" he muttered, his mind filled with confusion and rage.
(Well, all the new characters are basically spit out of stasis pods in the Barracks, so thats a good place to start. If you'd like to go to the infirmary, you can just say so. The doctors don't really wander outside of the infirmary, esspecially not THE Doctor, the one Mensor, who is a great role model, is talking about. And since you have another post later in the thread, I'll assume that was the one you want to use.)

((I did ask doc- should I wait for piecewise to RP one of the ship guys (doc/steve) or should I pretend I heard a reply? Denzel will remember to ask Steve, though.))

Denzel mentally slapped himself- there had been mention of a shipboard AI (named Steve, he thought...) that he was supposed to ask. Breaking off his question with the doctor, he asked towards the ceiling, "Uh, hey there Steve, if that's your name, I just arrived- what should I do?"

((Yes, I know the dialogue sounds a bit awkward right now, but I'm not that good at avoiding dumb-sounding questions always.))

>Well, that depends. If you are of a religious inclination you could pray, sacrifice whatever it is you need to sacrifice or otherwise worship the uncaring cosmic entities that are playing with you for their own amusement. Failing that, you could always go kill time in the Rec room, buy weapons at the armory, have your insides made outsides or vice versa at the infirmary and get something to eat in the Mess hall.

Or you and I can just sit here and enjoy each other's company for the next few hundred years.

Heads to the medical bay (after a small conversation with Steve) and requests a physical from the doc.

((Test Color: Hello World))

((I hope the color's not too redundant. If you guys have any feedback/tips for the char, just please let me know.))
You walk to the Infirmary and find The Doctor is talking to someone else, and that he has a rather disturbing look on his face, or what little of his face you can see.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: September 04, 2012, 11:33:50 pm »

((Go on doom interrupt him and demand your check up. ))

Begins looking for larger battery's for the rifle and once i have found one take all previous details and build a virtual model of the sentry
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:43:11 pm by mesor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: September 04, 2012, 11:36:33 pm »

Exit VR. Head to the armory. Unobtrusively ask the armory master:
"Hi, Ms. Armory Master. Now, this might sound strange, but could I borrow one of those magnetic field manipulators? The VR won't let me mess with its user interface and stuff. I'm making something useful, honest! If you don't want to hand me a manipulator, could I at least have the computer thing that you enter the math into?"
((Next mission's going to be quite amusing, I think.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:39:11 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6590 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:21 pm »

Nods approvingly. I'll call it the GAP system.

Save prototype. Leave VR and head to the armoury. Return hand laser for a refund and ask the AM how much it would cost to have her install a GAP to the right shoulder of my Mk 1.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:09:00 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: September 04, 2012, 11:39:08 pm »

"Damn.  Sorry, Timmy, I can't help you on the VR manipulator."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:01 pm »

"Well, how about you key the specific math you need to do for each move with the joystick controls without actually connecting the program module with the MagFM? I'm sure you can still do the math in VR. You know, do your magic with the program module, leave the MagFM alone. You'll still be able to test it, just hook up the program module with a display to find out what results you're getting, then enter those on the MagFM. Convoluted, yeah, but could work."
((I hope the AM at least gives me the manipulator computer. Wouldn't want the Superclaw to die just because Manipulator Magic is sort of a galaxy-level secret.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:46:29 pm by Harry Baldman »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:05 pm »

"That's... convoluted, and just crazy enough to work!"
Do what the man said!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: September 05, 2012, 12:19:30 am »

"Hey Steve, why exactly won't the tinker program let me add things onto a manipulator? I figure that with just a couple simple combinations, I could imitate the results of more powerful weapons with less energy required, as well as get results more consistently."

Start a Manipulator calculations database, keep the file private for now. Spend some time honing the calculations for various heat attacks on the microwave manipulator, in particular:

1. Heating a 3 inch thin disk (with variable radius) to slice through enemies.

2. Heating a larger sphere/cube as an area attack for something like a swarm of smaller enemies that can move in 3 dimensions.

3. Heating a point/small area around a point for welding.

4. Using the manipulator to cauterize a wound.

5. Heating the boundary of a rectangle (i.e, frame of a very thick door), to melt passages through walls without leaving a puddle of molten whatever-it-is.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: September 05, 2012, 01:03:42 am »

Bishop leaned back a bit from the doctor. This guy always creeped him out when he got that look. Still, he was giving him the offer he wanted...

"Uhhh... Yeah, I guess that's a good place to start as any. Just don't kill or maim me too mu-"

He stopped and looked at the scars on his arm for a second.

"Actually, I guess that's not much of a problem for me now... So yeah, when do we start?"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: September 05, 2012, 02:31:03 am »

Lukas takes the remote and attempts to change the channel to a cooking channel.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: September 05, 2012, 04:46:12 am »

((Damn, I'm boned, aren't I? Oh well, nothing to do about it now.))

Exit VR.

'Class A Capital offense? Doesn't sound very good, not at all.
Hey Steve, sorry 'bout the modifying manipulators thing, didn't know it was a crime to mess with their internal workings.
I actually thought they were locked off 'cause you guys figured we wouldn't understand it anyway, and would create catastrophic failures like the dam incident.
I only really wanted to access the data input needed for the calculations. But, knowing it's a rather big crime to try so, I'm gonna stop tampering with these things, honestly.
That being said, would you know of any other way to turn these manipulators into something that can be used hands-free?'

Tell this to Steve or the AM (or anybody else who comes after me).

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:48:57 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: September 05, 2012, 05:24:32 am »

((That's easy: you get an amp version of the manipulator implanted into your brain. Also, your on the worst version of death row already, why worry too much about capital offences? What are they gonna do: Kill you? It's better than going on missions. The worst they will probably do is torture and maim you for a bit, possibly lock your access, and then send you back out again.

Watch out for the men in black suits. Those guys are BAD news.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: September 05, 2012, 05:27:28 am »

((Well, you're in the HMRC anyway. Murder gets the same service term as jaywalking or a Magister being pissed at you. You're only in trouble if a Class A capital offense means "shoot on sight, no trial required", which it could, admittedly. That is, if you actually consider your continuing survival a realistic possibility.))
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 2101