_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5821991 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5130 on: August 03, 2012, 06:06:56 pm »

Yeah.  I want to see what's feasible, not test out how lucky I am with rolls.  Thank you, kind sir.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: August 03, 2012, 06:20:11 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Can I have a start with a robotic lower leg, if it isn't better than the normal one?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:08:26 pm by Draxis »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: August 03, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Jim looks for a decompensator specifically for using amplifiers. If he finds one, he equips it in the sim and attempts to overload his microwave amp again, to see the results. Once that's done, he goes back and looks through all the available genomes one could buy synthflesh combat bodies for, out of idle curiosity.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: August 03, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »

Can I have a start with a robotic lower leg, if it isn't better than the normal one?

((Welcome aboard. And yeah, you can. PW let me start with my character's waist and below cybernetic, along with an arm.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: August 03, 2012, 09:51:59 pm »

Construct the frame of the same base metal as that of the battlesuit plate, and resume construction, going with the visual stuff this time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: August 03, 2012, 09:58:19 pm »

Gather intel on my target... whatever it is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5136 on: August 04, 2012, 06:43:17 am »

Yeah.  I want to see what's feasible, not test out how lucky I am with rolls.  Thank you, kind sir.
Heating the barrel of a gun will work, as will melting the trigger. A thin plane of heat will work as well, though the larger and hotter it is the more difficult it will be to create and maintain. You can't create a true spark unless you have some sort of substance to heat the particles of, since thats all a spark is, an incandescently hot particle of something. You can however easily generate a small, very hot point and then hurl it around like a spark, which should produce the same effects.

As per cooling your arm, thats also possible. The manipulator itself doesn't actually manipulate or create microwaves, it manipulates intermolecular vibration which can in turn cause heat or cold, like how a microwave heats things by a similar process of molecular vibration. The name isn't exactly right but "microwave" is a lot easier to remember then "Intermolecular oscillation intensity"

Got it. But remember that civilian robo legs (which it will be) still feel pain and have roughly human anatomy. They're not the same as the military grade prosthetics, but at least they don't bleed.

Welcome aboard.

Jim looks for a decompensator specifically for using amplifiers. If he finds one, he equips it in the sim and attempts to overload his microwave amp again, to see the results. Once that's done, he goes back and looks through all the available genomes one could buy synthflesh combat bodies for, out of idle curiosity.

There are several decompensators that function for amps. The cheapest of them simply turn off your amp if you are on the verge of overshooting, the middle range give you a 1/3 chance of reducing any overshot into a 5 (multiple of these can be linked together for better odds.) and the most expensive gives a 100% chance of reducing an overshot to a 5, but it drains mental stamina to do so.

As per the genomes, you'll have to filter that a bit because it's kind of like asking for a list of all the guns available in the world.

Construct the frame of the same base metal as that of the battlesuit plate, and resume construction, going with the visual stuff this time.
Sure you want to do that? remember that battlesuit plate is designed to break and absorb impacts, so a frame of it is going to shatter under pressure.

Gather intel on my target... whatever it is.
You pause and bring up the objective list.

1.Search surroundings
2.Locate escaped workers
3.Capture or kill workers

I'm going to be without internet for a few days, probably till monday, maybe tuesday, so be prepared for a bit of a delay. Sorry about that, I hate not updating at least once a day but where I'm going there's barely electricty let alone wireless. Oh well, gives me time to plan your next mission.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: August 04, 2012, 11:52:26 am »

Awesome.  First, Place a plane of heat at the civilians neck, and try to decapitate him using a very short, strong burst of molecular vibration.  The point here is to vibrate the molecules so quickly that they aren't bonded anymore.  Actually, that seems a little too precise.  Try it on the cellular level instead.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:54:00 am by Baradine »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: August 04, 2012, 12:16:55 pm »

Jim checks the price for the best decompensator type (the most expensive one) and narrows his genome search to only battle beasts.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: August 04, 2012, 12:53:36 pm »

Roger steps out of his tube and looks around, wiping stasis fluid residue off his face.  He puts on some clothing, and looks around the ship to get his bearings.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: August 04, 2012, 08:35:16 pm »

"Simple enough combat training."

Recon the immediate area.  If any workers are encountered, demand their surrender.  Return fire if fired upon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: August 07, 2012, 07:52:03 am »

Get a book about swords in general. Start reading it.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: August 07, 2012, 08:18:16 am »

((Gah, back to material problems...))

Go ask the armory master if she knows a metal that can protect the same amount of damage as this thickness of battle suit plate, but also let's me fuse a frame into it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5143 on: August 07, 2012, 05:34:06 pm »

Awesome.  First, Place a plane of heat at the civilians neck, and try to decapitate him using a very short, strong burst of molecular vibration.  The point here is to vibrate the molecules so quickly that they aren't bonded anymore.  Actually, that seems a little too precise.  Try it on the cellular level instead.
Decapitating like that is very possible. You'd probably end up just burning a small section of neck into ash nearly instantly, partially exploding and severing it, but hey, severed is severed.

Jim checks the price for the best decompensator type (the most expensive one) and narrows his genome search to only battle beasts.
Best for Amps I'm assuming? The best for Amps is a 20 token'r that will turn anything above a 5 into a 5.

So I'll assume you want to narrow by ones that accept human brains too right? And probably ones that are designed for actual combat too, not just combat jobs right? No mine layers or mechanics? Well, even then there are a lot...any further narrowing you want to do? Size? General look? Specific style of fighting?

Roger steps out of his tube and looks around, wiping stasis fluid residue off his face.  He puts on some clothing, and looks around the ship to get his bearings.

You flop out of stasis and put on some standard clothing befor wandering around a bit. The first room you find is one named "Briefing room".

"Simple enough combat training."

Recon the immediate area.  If any workers are encountered, demand their surrender.  Return fire if fired upon.
You leave the camp, stopping to grab a few of the sub-collars laying next to the fire before you go, and walk around the current level you're on. You step through the only unbarred door near you and squint as you head out into the blood red of sunset. Your camp appears to be inside a sealed room in the skeletal remains of a highrise. You're maybe 20 stories up, overlooking the rusted ribs and crushed concrete of a skyscraper graveyard. A few other buildings like the on you're in still stand, while the rest lay like fallen trees on the shattered blacktop and sidewalks below.

Get a book about swords in general. Start reading it.
Use, care, repair or making? Modern, classic or mixed?

((Gah, back to material problems...))

Go ask the armory master if she knows a metal that can protect the same amount of damage as this thickness of battle suit plate, but also let's me fuse a frame into it.
You head to the armory master and explain your material woes.

"I'd recommend that you use the metal from the industrial helmet, maybe less of it if the weight is an issue, and then a layer of battle plate outside it." She says with a shrug.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: August 07, 2012, 08:27:10 pm »

"Thanks. Maybe I'll finally get it working this time..."

Head back to the VR machine and bring up the helmet again, this time with armor layers consisting of 1 inch thick industrial plate and 1 inch thick battle suit plate, with a fused frame of industrial plate metal on the inside. Test for strength, crushing resistance, temperature resistance and weight.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 2101