_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5822052 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5115 on: August 03, 2012, 03:55:35 am »

((You forgot my action dude.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: August 03, 2012, 08:24:08 am »

Rest, a good rest. Then, after that, continue reading the book.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5117 on: August 03, 2012, 10:04:46 am »

(...I don't think any of us knew it was an option... Alright, let's try that then. :P)

"So, Steve. What are we supposed to do when we actually put too much juice behind our amps when we use them?" Once Jim had his answer, he'd head into Tinker and check out that genome, see what it produced. Then he'd mess around with the setting and see if it was possible to create his own, custom genomes.
I mentioned it once or twice, but it's understandable. In reality the reason I worded my response that way, which came off a lot more confrontational then I intended, was just trying to explain why you had never heard of it yet. And the reason is basically "You never asked."

>Get a decompensator.

You head to the Vr machines, pull up tinker and then load the "hound" archetype synth-flesh body.  What loads looks something like an enormous, completely hairless, albino canine, 6 foot at the shoulder, 11 feet long and incredibly muscled.  It's head, the part closest to you at the moment, resembles a giant canine, with small, almost round ears like satellite dishes that scan back and forth, up and down, constantly. It doesn't appear to have cheeks, instead it resembles a skull, stripped of all extraneous flesh and leaving only the muscle and bone  with a thin sheet of white skin over it. It's nose is almost snakelike, just 4 slits set into the tip of the face, backed by seven independently moving eyes, all arrayed in a crescent, from a single central one and out to the side of the head. It's teeth are clearly metal, polished and so sharp that air hisses over them as the creature exhales.

You move to its side and examine it's body. The creature is breathing quickly, though not panting as though it's out of breath. There's something expectant about it, energy ready to be released. Odd, Synth-flesh creatures don't need to breathe...must be a preprogrammed action. It's body looks mostly canine, though lacking a tail, and it's paws look distinctly odd. They look more like human hands, though larger, with thicker, flatter, and more numerous fingers. Each finger ends in a claw that the hound is gently clicking against the indeterminate floor of the simulation, as though to remind you that it has them. It's front and back paws look roughly identical. There's something odd about it's musculature as well...you're no doctor or vet, but some of the muscles seem superfluous in their current arrangement, the muscles of a biped.

(as per creating your own types of synth bodies, it's possible, but it's going to require lots of intellect and medical rolls. Creating new forms of life isn't the same as slapping together gun parts after all.)

((You forgot my action dude.))
Oh, sorry. I lost you in the discussion.

Alright then, larger helmet means more weight, but there you go. Now, that battle suit armor and the industrial suit frame of the helmet, you talk about fusing them. Now, the frame and the armor in the industrial suit are all on one level, if that makes sense; it's not armor and then frame underneath, it's all one piece pretty much. So do you want to have it go Armor, armor, frame or armor, combination armor and frame?

Rest, a good rest. Then, after that, continue reading the book.
[end:4]
You succeed in shaking off the prose related spasms and rest for a while, waiting for your brain to stop trying to escape. Once it finally settles down you try to read the book again.

[int:2]
You can't really make heads or tails of it.  This bastard constructs sentences like Winchester Widows construct houses.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: August 03, 2012, 10:21:16 am »

Try both options and see what works better under various conditions.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: August 03, 2012, 11:54:29 am »

Read again, and try until can read the book or pass out.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: August 03, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »

Jeeze! So many pages!

What did you guys do in the time I had no internet? o_O
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: August 03, 2012, 12:05:47 pm »

Jeeze! So many pages!

((I think your character's life met an untimely end during the last fight in the VR room.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: August 03, 2012, 12:16:38 pm »

((Ahh. No worries, I'm back though if itd be possible to get back in. Also starting up my Scifi RP FINALLY, after being in planning since December. I'm finally financially stable enough to put time into my writing!)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: August 03, 2012, 12:47:55 pm »

Armament: Gauss rifle and Mk I Suit.  Period:  Modern.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: August 03, 2012, 01:39:06 pm »

Jim studies the hound extensively. Hmm... a bit too large, maybe. It would be too easy to get shot in that thing. He had an idea and wondered if it would work. "Computer, can you decrease the size of this to five feet at the shoulder and five feet long, and then tell me if this changes the genome at all?" After that, he spawned a decompensator to see what it looked like, and checked how much it cost as well as how it worked. Hopefully that information was in Tinker. He would also try equipping the decompensator and then intentionally overloading a blast from his Microwave Amp to see the result.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5125 on: August 03, 2012, 03:48:29 pm »

Try both options and see what works better under various conditions.
The fused version is gonna work better then non-fused in most cases.

Read again, and try until can read the book or pass out.
[2]
durr
[5]
AHHH HA!

Hmm, well a lot of this seems to be a lot of philosophical and political stuff...but one of the major tenets seems to be that All else being equal, the course of war will tend to favor the party with the stronger emotional and political motivations, but especially the defender.

Jeeze! So many pages!

Well, if it was a mixed drink it would probably be 1 part murder, 3 parts bad ideas, a pinch of kidnapping, a heaping spoonful of war crimes, a half gallon of failure, a cup of sarcasm and a tablespoon of mindfuck.

Armament: Gauss rifle and Mk I Suit.  Period:  Modern.
You materialize in the gutted remains of what looks like an office. You're sitting in a small camp made using a sleeping bag, a few supply crates, and a burning gas stove; a flickering white flame illuminating rotting cubicles and rusting file cabinets. You pull a cigarette out of your mouth in confusion and flick it off into the dark before grabbing your helmet from beside you.

Jim studies the hound extensively. Hmm... a bit too large, maybe. It would be too easy to get shot in that thing. He had an idea and wondered if it would work. "Computer, can you decrease the size of this to five feet at the shoulder and five feet long, and then tell me if this changes the genome at all?" After that, he spawned a decompensator to see what it looked like, and checked how much it cost as well as how it worked. Hopefully that information was in Tinker. He would also try equipping the decompensator and then intentionally overloading a blast from his Microwave Amp to see the result.

>Error. Non-standard body size and uneven scaling. 

>The hound is the most dog-like creature you'll probably find, at least in the case of combat creatures. There are creatures made for other purposes, but they're not as resilient or designed for combat.

You search "Decompensator" and it brings up dozens of implantable items. It appears that "Decompensator" is a category rather then a single item. Their costs vary but they tend to be 5 or so at cheapest and the most expensive can be up to 20. There are ones called "Universal" and ones with names like "Nerve twitch fiber decompensator" and "Ego modulation Decompensator" that seem to have much more focused uses.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: August 03, 2012, 03:59:42 pm »

((On the matter of overshooting, I think we can come with solutions for some cases if we think about the matter, hence the automatic system built into the MkIII so Milno won't keep crashing against walls every single time he overshoots while dodging.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: August 03, 2012, 05:22:29 pm »

(What about medical overshoots?)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: August 03, 2012, 05:34:10 pm »

((Okay, lets try and find out the specifics of what I can do with this thing.))

Heating up the barrel of a gun probably wouldn't work, so lets try and melt the trigger of my pistol.

Try to create a plane of heat, a very thin area of heat.

Try and create a "spark".

((This thing works by the same concepts of a microwave, correct?  I would think so because of the name.  If not, though:))

Try and make my arm colder by reversing the function of my amp.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5129 on: August 03, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »

(What about medical overshoots?)
There's a decompensator for it. There's a decompensator for every skill. They're the existing mechanical way of dealing with overshoots, though they tend not to be cheap and only the most expensive function perfectly. You could talk to the armory master if you want to learn more.

((Okay, lets try and find out the specifics of what I can do with this thing.))

Heating up the barrel of a gun probably wouldn't work, so lets try and melt the trigger of my pistol.

Try to create a plane of heat, a very thin area of heat.

Try and create a "spark".

((This thing works by the same concepts of a microwave, correct?  I would think so because of the name.  If not, though:))

Try and make my arm colder by reversing the function of my amp.

Would you like to make it so you get 5's on all your attempts here? Also, would you like to reset your Mental Ammo as it were between each try? I assume so, since you just want to see what they can do.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 2101