_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5821980 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5160 on: August 08, 2012, 12:29:51 pm »

((Oh wow, someone discovered this through the TVTropes page? :D Awesome.
Good work, Caellath! And welcome, to both of you. It's great that we're getting some real criminals on board. I think.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: August 08, 2012, 12:36:09 pm »

Continue the search downward.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: August 08, 2012, 12:42:57 pm »

((Hey, two more meatsacks for Steve to toy with. Well, 1.9 meatsacks, looking at Tavik's character.

Welcome to the game.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: August 08, 2012, 12:44:29 pm »

((To be honest, anybody in the HMRC who wasn't a "real criminal" becomes one in short order. Take Mesk, for example. The HMRC turned a mostly harmless software pirate like him into a hardened criminal and general danger to society in no more than 2 missions. Imagine what will happen if he survives ten.))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:46:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: August 08, 2012, 12:49:28 pm »

((Fact: Jack lost half his face when he blew the space station up right as he got out.))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: August 08, 2012, 01:17:25 pm »

((I have a pretty good idea that I rather unfortunately can't test out now.  As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be able to do it until, if I don't die first, I get 20 willpower.  First, I would get some sort of Alkali metal, preferably Sodium or Lithium.  Second, using the amp that you can get once you have 20 willpower, I would change part of the atmosphere into nothing but a certain mixture of hydrogen and oxygen (I don't remember the exact proportion).  Then, using that little spark that I can produce, I would create an explosion.  While the explosion would be pretty decent, it might leave some leftovers.  Combusting hydrogen and oxygen together makes water, obviously.  At which point, I would throw my Alkali metal into the water, and watch them hopefully all die in my double explosion.  For now though, I don't have any new ideas))

Exit out of the VR and go to sleep in my cot, or wherever I sleep at.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: August 08, 2012, 01:33:11 pm »

((To be honest, anybody in the HMRC who wasn't a "real criminal" becomes one in short order. Take Mesk, for example. The HMRC turned a mostly harmless software pirate like him into a hardened criminal and general danger to society in no more than 2 missions. Imagine what will happen if he survives ten.))
(Woohoo, my character's famous enough to be used as an example!)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: August 08, 2012, 02:12:12 pm »

Jim checks the price for the best decompensator type (the most expensive one) and narrows his genome search to only battle beasts.
Best for Amps I'm assuming? The best for Amps is a 20 token'r that will turn anything above a 5 into a 5.

So I'll assume you want to narrow by ones that accept human brains too right? And probably ones that are designed for actual combat too, not just combat jobs right? No mine layers or mechanics? Well, even then there are a lot...any further narrowing you want to do? Size? General look? Specific style of fighting?
(Your assumptions are correct, PW. Let's narrow it to pure combat, quadrupedal, if that helps.)

(Did you miss that? Just curious.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: August 08, 2012, 02:39:04 pm »

Roger checks briefly for a briefing, then looks around more until he finds the recreation/mess hall, and goes over to get some food.  He looks around for anyone who seems to be in charge.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5169 on: August 08, 2012, 07:41:26 pm »

Check if I can access VR in here.
In your tube of goo? You're in a tube of goo. A tube of goo. Goo is terrible for keyboards! Have you ever spilled a half gallon of lard on your laptop? Because it's not good. Not good.

So no.

Start readding it
You try to readd it. You're not sure what you're adding, and you're not sure when you added it before. So you decide to read it instead.

Chapter 1: You are not a ninja.

You are not a ninja. Or a samurai. Or a highlander. You might be a Knight but you're probably not. There's a simple test to tell  if you are: Are you wearing a steel codpiece? If you answered anything but "Verily" to this, you are also not a knight. As such, running into gunfire swinging your sword like a goddamn idiot is, well, something only a goddamn idiot would do. This may seem self evident, but you'd be surprised how many people, once they get a sword in their hand, feel the irresistible urge to charge into combat with equal disregard for the safety of both themselves and the limbs of their comrades. As such, we believe it is important to reiterate this important fact: Swords are no longer a primary weapon for anything except very specialized troops in very specialized situations. In general use, the sword is a backup weapon, something to supplement a more modern weapon; not only because of the range difficulty that stabbing people who are orbitally bombarding you presents, but also because of the relative imperviousness of many modern alloys.

Simply put, if you can effectively shoot someone rather then stab them, then just shoot them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good enough?
Looks good to me. Welcome aboard! If you've got concerns or questions, feel free to voice em.

I've been lurking here since the second half of Mission 2, finally decided to register on the forums to sign up for this RTD. It is that good.

Here's the character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Geez, even labeling all the stat modifications? Thank you. Looks good, welcome aboard! Feel free to speak your mind about any ideas or concerns you have.

((Hell?No, this is heaven! Or its RTD equivalent anyway.))
This is high praise. Thank you.

(( Was reading the TVtropes RTD and one of the players mentioned this game.)
We've reached that far? I hope they said nice things. Or terrified things. Either works really.

((In fact, this RTD is good enough for me to go against my so far unbroken lurker habits - up until this point, I hadn't actually posted anything in any forum. Ever.
I discovered Einsteinian Roulette in is approximately this order - GameBanshee forums --> Stworca's LPs on Bay12 --> Ehndras' now-dead LCS LP --> this thread when I checked up on Ehndras' activities. From here I learned of RTDs and proceeded to read Multiworld Madness and now Roll to Roll to Dodge. I can say that this one's my favorite of the three, although RtRtD is pretty close.))
Wow, We're beating out the classics? This is very high praise.

Continue the search downward.
You head down as the sun sets and the night seeps in from the horizon, gradients of purple, blue and black sweeping out across the debris fields as the shadows stretch out toward the opposite horizon. As the darkness spreads you can see something out amongst the remains of one of the fallen towers. A orange, flickering glow; a fire. You can't help but smile.

You're currently 10 or so stories up.

((I have a pretty good idea that I rather unfortunately can't test out now.  As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be able to do it until, if I don't die first, I get 20 willpower.  First, I would get some sort of Alkali metal, preferably Sodium or Lithium.  Second, using the amp that you can get once you have 20 willpower, I would change part of the atmosphere into nothing but a certain mixture of hydrogen and oxygen (I don't remember the exact proportion).  Then, using that little spark that I can produce, I would create an explosion.  While the explosion would be pretty decent, it might leave some leftovers.  Combusting hydrogen and oxygen together makes water, obviously.  At which point, I would throw my Alkali metal into the water, and watch them hopefully all die in my double explosion.  For now though, I don't have any new ideas))

Exit out of the VR and go to sleep in my cot, or wherever I sleep at.
You get out of the VR machine and wander off back to your bunk in the Barracks. You stretch out and relax in your bed.

Jim checks the price for the best decompensator type (the most expensive one) and narrows his genome search to only battle beasts.
Best for Amps I'm assuming? The best for Amps is a 20 token'r that will turn anything above a 5 into a 5.

So I'll assume you want to narrow by ones that accept human brains too right? And probably ones that are designed for actual combat too, not just combat jobs right? No mine layers or mechanics? Well, even then there are a lot...any further narrowing you want to do? Size? General look? Specific style of fighting?
(Your assumptions are correct, PW. Let's narrow it to pure combat, quadrupedal, if that helps.)

(Did you miss that? Just curious.)
Oops. Sorry about that.

Well lets see...

Assuming humanish size too.

Lets see here...you want them to have hands? We don't have many bio-jobs without hands. People don't work well without thumbs. Also, any specific number of hands? Because there are some things like Hound have feet hands and some things have arms out the back or mouth tentacles or the like.

Roger checks briefly for a briefing, then looks around more until he finds the recreation/mess hall, and goes over to get some food.  He looks around for anyone who seems to be in charge.
It doesn't look like the holodisplay is displaying anything so you follow the signs to the rec/mess hall and look around. There are a few people around, all plugged into vr machines, but none of them look like they're in charge of anything.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: August 08, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »

(Further narrowing: Humanish or smaller as long as it's able to accept a human brain, no hands if possible but if not then just two. Also, no problem. Sorry for being so, er, inquisitive. ^^^; )
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: August 08, 2012, 08:02:06 pm »

((Progress!))

Try thinning the industrial plate by half an inch. Check the differences.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: August 08, 2012, 08:29:53 pm »

Brandishing the rifle, approach the fire and demand the surrender of all.  Do not fire, but do return fire if fired upon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: August 09, 2012, 01:53:27 am »

Timmy finds some clothes, puts them on. Upon acquainting himself with the base's layout, he decides it's best to just go and watch TV.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: August 09, 2012, 02:03:02 am »

((Isn't the TV still on the zero-g jello wrestling channel?))
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 2101