Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shoul sell the Auto Union retail division?

Let's focus in cars, trucks, finished stuff only; be a realtailer!
- 3 (21.4%)
Keep the current inventory mix, it has worked fine til now!
- 3 (21.4%)
Become a tuning car shop, add engines and chip to stores
- 2 (14.3%)
Stay hungry, stay gredish: sell everything that we produce in the whole vehicle chain to keep surplus at minimum
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Auto Union: Economy of Scale Community Effort  (Read 32833 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Union: Economy of Scale Community Effort
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:12 pm »

Is there any way I can completely or partially turn my company into a pseudo-subsidiary of this one? I've got a fair amount of capital, and the factories I have are potentially useful in the supply chain.
I believe the idea is to start a new company that does not take 'welfare checks' from other players.  Or at least try to survive and expand without having to get handouts from its employees/bay12ers.

If you want to sell to the company, do so at a fair market price is all.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2012, 07:28:29 pm »

I don't want to offer this company a handout, I want to buy it's stock at a fair price.  What's the point of having so many people collaborate if they don't have any money to collaborate with?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09:10 pm »

Need seats. No major rush, but it may be nice to get a one or two of each vehicle stocked for the store before night and player activity dies down.
EDIT: ya know, we should research seats:-) they are relatively cheap to unlock compared to a vehicle body.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2012, 09:32:49 pm »

Probably tomorrow, we can get our fancy smancy seats....   I think I bought enough seats to last till the morning shift, rest of the stuff, I'll try to remember to calculate for morning when I get off or something.

EDIT: Totally forgot about turn change lockout of imports.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 02:00:37 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2012, 02:22:00 am »

Ok, so car body research win this poll rounds.

Just a quick seat unlock and then car body research as soon as we hit 1.75M cash

Time for another poll, I guess  :D

guys, what happened? we have 200k$ and we're all out of bodies

also, who paid back the loan? (probably that would be my fault for having the auto pay loan option on)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 02:46:34 am by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2012, 02:49:19 am »

got some loan back, started the car body research.

there was some leftover for expanding the store and the factory, rush them if you have it for free

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2012, 02:51:02 am »

I've lost my quickbuild, BTW.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2012, 05:14:03 am »

damn.

notice: I see all those buildings getting up, and it's nice.

please consider that we are shopless for 16 hours, so gear up the stuff for b2b and contain the spending spree

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2012, 05:17:16 am »

I built those factories. Now we merely need silicon to come in from outside (along with rubber, artleather and plastic, but I can supply those) to produce everything. Now requesting a Prospector and an Industrial R&D.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2012, 05:28:34 am »

I've been building a car company for days and now you guys get free tech? The nerve :P
What's the company called?
edit: found you on the job page.
edit 2: Making your own steel and mining your own iron really helps cut down costs. I'm building cars for about $14000 each. I'm paying about $2,000 for leather, $450 microprocessors, and $1000 integrated circuits, and a bought a few engines for $3000 but will make my own soon.
Steel costs me $25 each to make and you're using something like 120 per car so it's a big chunk of your profits. Also tires and seats make me more profit than the cars because car bodies take so long to produce.
And lastly i've done the maths on quality and high quality steel accounts for 27.7% of the quality of each car, Research for car bodies 25% and research for the car itself only 20%, use this information how you wish.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:48:47 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2012, 05:45:03 am »

I built those factories. Now we merely need silicon to come in from outside (along with rubber, artleather and plastic, but I can supply those) to produce everything. Now requesting a Prospector and an Industrial R&D.

yup! I'm not against the factory. do you think we can start selling coals/chips on the b2b to make up costs while waiting for the shop the get back on its feet?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2012, 05:46:09 am »

I've been building a car company for days and now you guys get free tech? The nerve :P
What's the company called?
edit: found you on the job page.

are you the chandler one asking for the position?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2012, 05:54:45 am »

Marc/afk of standard lemons. I haven't applied for the position since i'm not even sure what the sales manager would do, besides i'm too absorbed with my own micromanagement stuff.
And i can't emphisize enough how important making your own steel is, something like 80% of your profit would be thrown away if you buy it, and it's such a big impact on your total quality.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2012, 05:55:16 am »

Guys, we're below the limit on cash now, and we have a bigger loan than we started with. We need to stop spending before we go backrupt, okay?

EDIT: Yeah, we already don't have enough money to pay the bills.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2012, 05:59:51 am »

Marc/afk of standard lemons. I haven't applied for the position since i'm not even sure what the sales manager would do, besides i'm too absorbed with my own micromanagement stuff.
And i can't emphisize enough how important making your own steel is, something like 80% of your profit would be thrown away if you buy it, and it's such a big impact on your total quality.

I know. problem is, we need to build up all the research chain and bring all the factories up to speed. we have a kickass loan already, a shop stalled and no money for maintaining more production

guys, I've put some homemade products on b2b at 'reasonable' prices (just a slightly less than import) - we'll maintain ourselves this way until the shop resumes.

I'll build some more suv/bike after the first round of b2b sale.

also, it seem wheels may have a market, when we crank those out form the little factory.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24