Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Internet habits which annoy you.  (Read 100257 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Internet habits which annoy you.
« Reply #375 on: October 02, 2014, 05:33:49 pm »

A black person bit his mother when he was young and sucked the whiteness out of her.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 11, 2014, 03:03:44 pm »

I hate when people say: "This guy looks like he is asian, sorry if I'm racist." How is that racist, damnit!
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 11, 2014, 03:09:23 pm »

Defening. Saying things like "music videos today are all about sex!" or "technology is ruining the youth!" or "music today is shit" because the little dipshits are either too young to know about the scores of shitty music of their given favorite decade or too nostalgia-blinded to remember it while they look upon the most popular music of today as if it's the only music being made nowadays because they're too fucking lazy to even think about seeking stuff they might like.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:11:23 pm by Putnam »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 11, 2014, 10:10:28 pm »

Defening. Saying things like "music videos today are all about sex!" or "technology is ruining the youth!" or "music today is shit" because the little dipshits are either too young to know about the scores of shitty music of their given favorite decade or too nostalgia-blinded to remember it while they look upon the most popular music of today as if it's the only music being made nowadays because they're too fucking lazy to even think about seeking stuff they might like.
Agreed.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 12, 2014, 12:18:27 am »

I agree with your point, although the fact that most of your post focuses on the last thing you said is kinda odd.

It also feels like you offhandedly called a few forumites (including myself) 'little dipshits', but whatever.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2014, 12:49:50 am »

I agree with your point, although the fact that most of your post focuses on the last thing you said is kinda odd.

It also feels like you offhandedly called a few forumites (including myself) 'little dipshits', but whatever.

I think I may have gotten carried away there, especially since "little dipshits" was supposed to refer specifically to the kind of people who are like "I'm 12 and I listen to Queen I'm so cool"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2014, 12:59:59 am »

Still better than the ones who wear Nirvana shirts and don't know who Cobain is.

Or people of any age who insist that the vast majority of Pink Floyd songs aren't shit (unless you're really high)...

I think that the best musical argument I see often is probably the one about Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers re: "It's 'Born to Lose'!" "No, moron, it's 'Born too Loose'!" from the people who don't actually own the album (or know how to use a search engine) and thus can't check and notice that they're both right; on the original release it's Born to Lose; on the Lost '77 Mixes release of L.A.M.F. the first track on disc one is Born to Lose, the first track on disc two (which is remixes, demos, &c.) is Born too Loose; on the definitive edition they're both labeled Born too Loose. It's bloody hilarious to see hundred+comment chains of rage about that one, heh.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 12, 2014, 02:12:48 am »

Still better than the ones who wear Nirvana shirts and don't know who Cobain is.

Or people of any age who insist that the vast majority of Pink Floyd songs aren't shit (unless you're really high)...

I think that the best musical argument I see often is probably the one about Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers re: "It's 'Born to Lose'!" "No, moron, it's 'Born too Loose'!" from the people who don't actually own the album (or know how to use a search engine) and thus can't check and notice that they're both right; on the original release it's Born to Lose; on the Lost '77 Mixes release of L.A.M.F. the first track on disc one is Born to Lose, the first track on disc two (which is remixes, demos, &c.) is Born too Loose; on the definitive edition they're both labeled Born too Loose. It's bloody hilarious to see hundred+comment chains of rage about that one, heh.
In fairness, I could understand the confusion that could arise from that particular example. Especially if you only ever heard the titles spoken (say, on the radio) instead of reading them :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 12, 2014, 02:26:28 am »

Naturally, but it's almost farcical how people will devolve to the written equivalent of incoherent mouth-foaming rage over the spelling of a song title, both versions of which are grammatically correct and carry connotations that make sense both objectively and in the context of the group. Of course if they weren't both correct, it'd actually be a mistake worth pointing out, because the implied meaning is different, but in this case it's just people who are so busy being pedantic that they don't even bother to fact-check themselves. I mean, when I first encountered that argument, it took me maybe ten minutes to find my copy of the album and check, and then ten seconds with wikipedia to double check.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2014, 03:03:31 am »

Eh, no arguments here.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #385 on: November 29, 2015, 08:42:55 pm »

Necroposting in a thread that's been dead for over a year.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 29, 2015, 09:28:29 pm »

"This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Ooh, does this count as an internet habit that annoys me?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #387 on: November 29, 2015, 09:29:28 pm »

"This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Ooh, does this count as an internet habit that annoys me?
It is indeed a bad internet habit

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 29, 2015, 10:30:38 pm »

People who answer a question on Yahoo Ask just to point out that they think the question is dumb.

Don't answer it then, fucklord! Nobody gives triple shit about your cheeky smartass "answer".
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:37:33 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 29, 2015, 11:19:38 pm »

People who seriously look to Yahoo users for quality content. :V

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35