Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fieldfungi the Frightful Adoration, a [sic] adamantine great axe  (Read 4601 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Fieldfungi the Frightful Adoration, a [sic] adamantine great axe
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:31:38 am »

Wow dwarves have a hard time wielding foreign weapons? I guess it's lucky that my champion is dual-wielding 2h longswords with a buckler on each arm then ey. :D

Great axes have a minimum wielding size, and very few Dwarves are particularly large :P

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:54 am »

The Frightful Adoration ? You bet it's a fitting name for an adamantine great axe.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 01:00:17 pm »

Ooo, so 3/49 dwarves can wield this ONE HANDED??

Let us pretend, being complete hypothetical, that a math-phobic liberal arts type would dare infringe upon the Cool STEM Kids sandbox that is DF, and that this posited imaginary person is reading this thread and thinking: "What the FOO is three forty-ninths of a dwarf supposed to mean?!"

Just do a census and draft the tallest, widest dwarves you can find.  One of them should be able to use it, maybe even one handed. 

But the gist here is that yes, a lucky dwarven outlier in the upper size percentile can swing this sucker?  Oh yes.  Oh, yes.  <3

You should be able to just reduce the minimum size in the raws of the specific save file you want it in. If you change it in the main DF raws it won't change it for your world, but changing it, again, in the save file will make it work.

Cool; that is within the scope of my abilities.  But I am going to turn migrants back on and ease up on the childcap first, though, because...  non-cheating great axe wielder?  So much cooler.  (My poor current champion is just gonna have to wait for a regular battleaxe.  Awesome stats, but average size.)

Sucks about adventure mode, but I haven't ever really played in it yet.

What about other creatures?  If I drop it next to an ettin or something, will they pick it up?  Or is the wielding phenom strictly limited to werewolves beating woodcutters to death with socks/pants?  (Fucking werewolves.  His own pants?!  If I weren't playing vanilla (ish) DF those assholes would probably be murdering my foresters like that guy in the sig with a bag full of penises.)
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 01:42:47 pm »

Ooo, so 3/49 dwarves can wield this ONE HANDED??

Let us pretend, being complete hypothetical, that a math-phobic liberal arts type would dare infringe upon the Cool STEM Kids sandbox that is DF, and that this posited imaginary person is reading this thread and thinking: "What the FOO is three forty-ninths of a dwarf supposed to mean?!"

Three out of every 49 dwarves will be large enough to wield that axe one-handed. However, this is approximate. I actually have yet to see more than one remarkably tall dwarf in my current fort of over 50 dwarves.
Pages: 1 [2]